Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Taintrunner posted:

JK Rowling is literally a loving welfare queen

cool rightist rhetoric bro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Everybody who orchestrated the Corbyn is unelectable narrative should be exiled to the Falklands.

The Undelectable Candydate has a delectable selection of jam

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Tacky-rear end Rococco posted:

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
if may increases her majority i will dedicate my next extra long dump to her as a symbol of british human rights in the foreseeable future

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

honestly we need to start calling these rich pricks who get a free ride from the government in the form of ridiculous tax cuts as well as actively practicing tax evasion which goes unenforced what they are - welfare queens who leech off our nation while everyone else suffers, not the poor single black mother trying to survive

all the while kicking down the ladder rowling came up on and throwing molotovs down at the poors below in the form of endorsing the loving lib Dems

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Taintrunner posted:

honestly we need to start calling these rich pricks who get a free ride from the government in the form of ridiculous tax cuts as well as actively practicing tax evasion which goes unenforced what they are - welfare queens who leech off our nation while everyone else suffers

all the while kicking down the ladder she came up on and throwing molotovs down at the poors below in the form of endorsing the loving lib Dems

that is very much not what you meant, and you know it

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Taintrunner posted:

honestly we need to start calling these rich pricks who get a free ride from the government in the form of ridiculous tax cuts as well as actively practicing tax evasion which goes unenforced what they are - welfare queens who leech off our nation while everyone else suffers, not the poor single black mother trying to survive

all the while kicking down the ladder rowling came up on and throwing molotovs down at the poors below in the form of endorsing the loving lib Dems

i think you may find that despite being rather insufferable on twitter rowling has dispersed with her earned money much more generously than most writers

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

that is very much not what you meant, and you know it

gently caress off that's exactly what he meant

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!
gently caress the queen and gently caress her welfare

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Taintrunner posted:

JK Rowling is literally a loving welfare queen who would have never been able to write the books that made her a billionaire if it wasn't for the British welfare system.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

PK is extremely stupid, news at 11.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Can't wait for Fantastic Beasts 2's storyline where a twee gentleman in a scarf and a bookish twentysomething girl team up to defeat the dark wizard Larrabie Smorbfin before he impoverishes the wizarding community with harsh taxes to benefit evil house-elves

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

PK is extremely stupid, news at 11.

The full context of his post is about how JK Rowling is trying to kick out the ladder behind her, you loving idiot. Don't try to act like a smartass again unless you can prove you know how net worth works.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I know it's unpopular to point out the ultra-rich are leeches in the British election thread of all places but alas using your influence to ensure the public votes to give billionaires an out from paying their fair share into a system they greatly benefit from far more than anyone else is actually quite dastardly

Taintrunner has issued a correction as of 17:40 on Jun 8, 2017

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

net worth works.

extremely good post considering your previous confusion between net income and this

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The full context of his post is about how JK Rowling is trying to kick out the ladder behind her, you loving idiot. Don't try to act like a smartass again unless you can prove you know how net worth works.

he called her a welfare queen in the context of a sentence in which he points out that she had gotten welfare from the state. if you want to stretch this to be some sort of grander statement, go right ahead.

if you had any self awareness, this might be a moment for you to stop and say, "hey, maybe nobody ever listens to me in life because i'm a weaselly coward in every single argument."

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

he called her a welfare queen in the context of a sentence in which he points out that she had gotten welfare from the state

to write children's books which led to her becoming an ultra rich billionaire that now wants to grind the poors into gruel under May by endorsing the loving lib Dems.

She literally can't conceive of how important the state was in giving her that opportunity and now wants to rob everyone else of this. That's the point and acting like that's not what I said is comically dishonest.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Taintrunner posted:

I know it's unpopular to point out the ultra-rich are leeches in the succ zone of all places but alas using your influence to ensure the public votes to give billionaires an out from paying their fair share into a system they greatly benefit from far more than anyone else is actually quite dastardly

it's really lol you calling rowling a rich leech of all people tbh just because she decided to vote for lib dems (not even conservatives), ya know considering the amount of money she donates to charity and the amount of taxes lol

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich
this woman who got welfare is literally a welfare queen, which is a loathsome phrase that rightists use which i like a lot. oh, no, not because she got welfare, i meant she's a welfare queen because i've decided to start applying that term to all rich people all of a sudden. sorry for the confusion.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

he called her a welfare queen in the context of a sentence in which he points out that she had gotten welfare from the state. if you want to stretch this to be some sort of grander statement, go right ahead.

ok

Taintrunner posted:

JK Rowling is literally a loving welfare queen who would have never been able to write the books that made her a billionaire if it wasn't for the British welfare system.

The full context of that sentence is literally a grander statement about how public assistance enabled her to get rich, lmfao. Just quit already.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Taintrunner posted:

She literally can't conceive of how important the state was in giving her that opportunity and now wants to rob everyone else of this. That's the point and acting like that's not what I said is comically dishonest.

this part is just moronic. she's been a public advocate of the welfare state in every interview i've ever seen with her. she's always explicitly pointed out how important it was to her.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Taintrunner posted:

to write children's books which led to her becoming an ultra rich billionaire that now wants to grind the poors into gruel under May by endorsing the loving lib Dems.

i think you may be a bit dumb lol

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

ok

The full context of that sentence is literally a grander statement about how public assistance enabled her to get rich, lmfao. Just quit already.

what does the phrase welfare queen mean in your mind, pk?

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
lynch this money having woman for having the slightly wrong opinion!!!!

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

it's really lol you calling rowling a rich leech of all people tbh just because she decided to vote for lib dems (not even conservatives), ya know considering the amount of money she donates to charity and the amount of taxes lol

billionaires are an artificial construction of the "free market" that relies on crippling inequality, for starters. charity is a largely a sham so the rich don't have to feel bad about living gleefully in a brutally exploitative society

she spent all this time fingerwagging at corbyn and spewing typical liberal platitudes demanding leftists compromise with liberals but now it's time for liberals to compromise with leftists and she backs the idiotic unelectable unprincipled third party choice because she knows that this will protect her personal uberwealth from being used to give another young woman that same opportunity

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich
did GZA win yet

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Taintrunner posted:

billionaires are an artificial construction of the "free market" that relies on crippling inequality, for starters. charity is a largely a sham so the rich don't have to feel bad about living gleefully in a brutally exploitative society

she spent all this time fingerwagging at corbyn and spewing typical liberal platitudes demanding leftists compromise with liberals but now it's time for liberals to compromise with leftists and she backs the idiotic unelectable unprincipled third party choice because she knows that this will protect her personal uberwealth from being used to give another young woman that same opportunity

ah yes thank you for explaining to me that some idiotic marxist theory justifies you being a super loving nasty edgelord about some woman lol

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

this part is just moronic. she's been a public advocate of the welfare state in every interview i've ever seen with her. she's always explicitly pointed out how important it was to her.

and yet supports a candidate that will enable Theresa loving May to continue demolishing it. huh. weird

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

ah yes thank you for explaining to me that some idiotic marxist theory justifies you being a super loving nasty edgelord about some woman lol

oh god how mean I was suggesting the rich are horribly selfish bastards who can't conceive of a nation where they pay a little more in tax so the poors can have somewhere to live

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
rich people only want things that benefit themselves directly and immediately, which is why they always oppose welfare and other benefits for the working class even if they once used them.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
hey guys did you know that this passage from marx das kapital allows you to be a misogynistic piece of crap lol

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

what does the phrase welfare queen mean in your mind, pk?

I know that it's The Problematic Phrase for people who live on welfare, which is why you stripped it of all other context and pretended that Taintrunner is railing against the welfare state in a post where he accuses JK Rowling of undermining it. This is just a pathetic excuse at trying to show everyone how woke you are, because you know all the verboten phraseology.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Taintrunner posted:

and yet supports a candidate that will enable Theresa loving May to continue demolishing it. huh. weird

in the same way that supporting anyone other than hillary clinton was objectively pro-trump, sure. interesting argument to make to the leftists of c-spam, let's see where you go with this.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Taintrunner posted:

oh god how mean I was suggesting the rich are horribly selfish bastards who can't conceive of a nation where they pay a little more in tax so the poors can have somewhere to live

lol you literally didn't even read the stuff i linked where she dropped off the forbes rich jackoff list because she does pay her loving taxes since it wouldn't mesh with your intense desire to hate this woman

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

hey guys did you know that this passage from marx das kapital allows you to be a misogynistic piece of crap lol

post the passage from goblet of fire where Harry waves his wand at an unelectable third party loon so poor single mothers can continue to be transmorgified into goo thanks to prime minister Voldemort's plan of a strong and stable leadership of demolishing the welfare state so the rich can continue to become even richer

in the same way that supporting anyone other than hillary clinton was objectively pro-trump, sure. interesting argument to make to the leftists of c-spam, let's see where you go with this.

many bernie bros voted Hillary because they believed in compromising with liberals for a greater good. now it's liberals turn to compromise in the U.K. and you want to defend their complete and utter hypocrisy

Taintrunner has issued a correction as of 17:57 on Jun 8, 2017

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
welfare queen literally was invented to create a lie about lazy poors living high on the hog. If you wanna use a word that's always been an insult to describe someone just call her a oval office or something, it's way more bang for the shock value buck and it's regionally fitting.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Taintrunner posted:

post the passage from goblet of fire where Harry waves his wand at an unelectable third party loon so poor single mothers can continue to be transmorgified into goo thanks to prime minister Voldemort's plan of a strong and stable leadership of demolishing the welfare state so the rich can continue to become even richer

i think you already got your point across that you hate this woman and everything related to her thanks

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

where and how does misogyny enter into any of this wtf

are you the kind of person who answered all criticisms of hillary with 'sexism!' as well or what

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

financially racist posted:

where and how does misogyny enter into any of this wtf

are you the kind of person who answered all criticisms of hillary with 'sexism!' as well or what

welfare queen is extremely not misogynistic actually

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

This is just a pathetic excuse at trying to show everyone how woke you are

as an aside, i don't use twitter, so I'm still not exactly sure what "woke" means.

if you want to take "literally a welfare queen" to mean "figuratively not really a welfare queen using any standard meaning for that phrase," again, go ahead. keep on never holding yourselves responsible for any of your own rhetoric, it's no skin off my nose if you continue to repulse people.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

To hate JK Rowling is to love life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
LF hates women lol