Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Fox News is openly saying that Comey was very credible and his testimony was deeply disturbing
Wow didn't expect such an admission from them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Is Trump giving a speech right now so that he stays distracted and doesn't tweet?

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Blind Rasputin posted:

I need a video of McCain sundowning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yry9PV3DNfw&t=8983s
if timestamp doesn't work, it starts at about 2h30m

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I think the second big story of the day here is going to be McCain and how he needs to be put out to pasture

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

actionjackson posted:

Is the closed hearing later today?

Yes. It starts in 15 minutes.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

McCain's questions were honestly one of the most baffling things I have ever heard. I have no idea what he was trying to ask. Does he think it's somehow unfair that one investigation can be closed while another, completely unrelated investigation is ongoing? Does he think the FBI should be investigating Clinton for coordinating with Russia to sink her own campaign? What the gently caress was he getting at?

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing
Black Sorcery

knox_harrington posted:

What the he'll was McCain going on about? It made absolutely no sense... It's unfair that the investigation into Her EMALs is closed because the Russian one is ongoing?

He was trying to get at that Comey was biased against Trump and for Clinton for the FBI investigation being finished last July but the Trump campaign investigation is ongoing.

It was the dumbest point.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Rigel posted:

Well, this is bad. Part of the calculation that the GOP might fail to get to 50 assumed that Dean Heller might want to continue being a Senator after 2018. If he's willing to sacrifice his career for the AHCA, that makes it easier to find the votes.

https://twitter.com/PeterSullivan4/status/872850232215834624

Repeal and go gently caress yourself.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

actionjackson posted:

Is the closed hearing later today?

1pm Eastern

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Tzen posted:

Wow didn't expect such an admission from them.

Shepard Smith is the guy hosting the whole thing so it probably isn't gonna be Fox News 'canon' but we'll see what happens

Throwing Turtles
May 3, 2015

KidDynamite posted:

I don't know why Comey hasn't just said these are two separate investigations.

I'm pretty sure that Comey really didn't know what McCain was rambling about and didn't want to commit a really wrong answer.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Man when is McCain up again 2022?

Because boy if I am running against him I'm just gonna use that video in a campaign ad.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Rigel posted:

Well, this is bad. Part of the calculation that the GOP might fail to get to 50 assumed that Dean Heller might want to continue being a Senator after 2018. If he's willing to sacrifice his career for the AHCA, that makes it easier to find the votes.

Anybody who lives in Nevada better be deluging Heller's phones with angry calls right now.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
For some reason McCain made me wonder, if Palin had run in 2016 instead of Trump, would she have won?

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

business hammocks posted:

Is Trump giving a speech right now so that he stays distracted and doesn't tweet?

Just fifteen minutes of him clutching the podium and harshly whispering "y'all motherfuckers" over and over again into the microphone.

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

https://twitter.com/ZachBernardFW/status/872857383202172929

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Dexo posted:

Man when is McCain up again 2022?

Because boy if I am running against him I'm just gonna use that video in a campaign ad.

I thought Mccain had committed to not running again.

And again - HE WOULD HAVE BEEN PRESIDENT DURING PART OF TWENTY SEVENTEEN AHHHHHHHhhhhhhh

Caros
May 14, 2008

This is a good thing.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

theflyingorc posted:

John McCain, had he won, would have been president during January of THIS YEAR.

The man currently not able to put together a thought

Reagan was the same. Towards the end of his run he was a babbling mess of senile

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Xombie posted:

He was trying to get at that Comey was biased against Trump and for Clinton for the FBI investigation being finished last July but the Trump campaign investigation is ongoing.

It was the dumbest point.

Calling it the dumbest point gives it too much credit as it still assumes it's a point at all. It was just rambling.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

theflyingorc posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yry9PV3DNfw&t=8983s
if timestamp doesn't work, it starts at about 2h30m

Jesus, he's really starting to lose it.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Dr Christmas posted:

For some reason McCain made me wonder, if Palin had run in 2016 instead of Trump, would she have won?

No. She had no ability to harness anger like Trump. But she would have done much better than any of us would have expected in 2015.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

lolfoxnews.jpg

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

Throwing Turtles posted:

I'm pretty sure that Comey really didn't know what McCain was rambling about and didn't want to commit a really wrong answer.

If you watched Comey's body language closely, with McCain he leaned way in and squinted while McCain spoke. He didn't have to do this with anybody else. It was the same sort of body language a person has when they're trying to understand what a crazy person at the back of a bus is ranting about.

This is not coincidental.

aellisr
Oct 11, 2007

Alveolar fibrosis don't give a damn.

Tzen posted:

lolfoxnews.jpg

If this is all they have, Trump is turbo hosed.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Tzen posted:

lolfoxnews.jpg

I consider leaving work every day after lunch but reality steps in

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Rigel posted:

Really trying not to be that guy right now, but I do remember, once again, being told that I was delusional and arzying when I said that the Senate might pass this...like I was told when I said the House would pass it...like I was told when said Trump would win...Just saying.

Tzen posted:

lolfoxnews.jpg

They really, really want to find some way to spin this about Clinton. The hosed up thing: it might work on the crowd who actually considers Fox News a real source of news.

ZobarStyl
Oct 24, 2005

This isn't a war, it's a moider.

knox_harrington posted:

What the he'll was McCain going on about? It made absolutely no sense... It's unfair that the investigation into Her EMALs is closed because the Russian one is ongoing?
Look, if you do one thing, you have to do everything else the same to make sure you're fair. When Comey closed the Clinton investigation, all other FBI cases should have been closed and repopulated into memory. It's just how John McCain was coded due to memory limitations at the time of manufacture.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

SocketWrench posted:

Reagan was the same. Towards the end of his run he was a babbling mess of senile

Consider that Trump is only 2 years younger than McCain was at what would have been the start of his term, but makes no effort to take care of himself, was much stupider to start with, and doesn't have competent handlers to deal with his oncoming dementia like Reagan did.

If Trump somehow wins a second term, covfefe won't even be the start of how senile his tweeting will get

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

business hammocks posted:

Saw that it was mentioned he's in a big room with all of his advisors and attorneys that are watching. Someone said earlier CNN had a WH source say Trump was thoroughly losing his poo poo during the testimony.

Throwing Turtles
May 3, 2015

Angry_Ed posted:

Anybody who lives in Nevada better be deluging Heller's phones with angry calls right now.

I just called, apparently the people in the office has no clue he said that.

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing
Black Sorcery

Dr Christmas posted:

We didn't have a black president yet.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/LoopEmma/status/872855606604038144

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
McCain didn't even seem happy to be there. If it wasn't senility I'd guess blackmail.

lol probably he's got a ton of Russian money backing him too but until recently thought he was the only one in so deep.

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?
I think Trump is using the Orb to control McCain Saruman > King Théoden style.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

SocketWrench posted:

If by "towards the end" you mean his entire second term.

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches

Covok posted:

Really trying not to be that guy right now, but I do remember, once again, being told that I was delusional and arzying when I said that the Senate might pass this...

You said that you were certain that this would happen within one week with no substantial changes as a part of prearranged kabuki between Ryan, McConnell, and iirc the CBO. That was delusional, yes.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

eviltastic posted:

You said that you were certain that this would happen within one week with no substantial changes as a part of prearranged kabuki between Ryan, McConnell, and iirc the CBO. That was delusional, yes.

Eh, got in the ballpark. CBO was bad, but said what hey needed (it could pass reconciliation) and, so far, not hearing any changes being put in.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Meanwhile
https://twitter.com/kurteichenwald/status/872859236434403328

I DO NOT WANT TO READ ANY MORE OF THIS TWEETSTORM :gonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

theflyingorc posted:

Consider that Trump is only 2 years younger than McCain was at what would have been the start of his term, but makes no effort to take care of himself, was much stupider to start with, and doesn't have competent handlers to deal with his oncoming dementia like Reagan did.

If Trump somehow wins a second term, covfefe won't even be the start of how senile his tweeting will get

I was of the understanding trump was already in full mode "grumpy grandpa in the old folks home"
i mean who in their even hosed up brain would think tweeting during a hearing like this would be a good idea?

• Locked thread