Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
This story is so good I forget what happened a week after I have done it. The skip potion should bring over quite a few wow players because the raiding in this game is on par with mythic wow if not sometimes harder (a3s) so I can't wait!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Green Tea Erotica posted:

I've re-subbed and am playing through the game again from scratch with my Fiance.
She wants to go Astrologian at 50 and I was going to go Red Mage (The only thing that got me to look at this game again because Red Mages are rad [Blue Mages are better]) but I just read that the Heavensward Classes reset to 30, which would really suck. And it seems the Jump Potions skip you to 60, not 50?

Is there any good way to quickly grind through 30-50 if we need to on her new Job? I could probably get a class to 30 when she's not around and we could just re-level 30-50 again, but not having the MSQ leading you along through the 2nd time might make it mind-numbing. Any good way to speed up the process?

EDIT: I just seen Oxyclean's post, must've not reloaded the page. I thought POTD was a max level thing? And you got separate POTD levels in there?

You edited your post just as a I was about to tell you to do potd!

Nah, it's not a max level thing, you can do it starting around level 18, there's a quest in Gridania (The House that Death built, or something) - it has an independent levelling system, but completing a set of 10 floors gives you a bunch of real xp. Its an easy, but kind of monotonous way to grind levels since the best xp option is to just repeat 51-60.

Oxyclean fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Jun 8, 2017

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

The beginning of 2.1+ is bad (Minfillia holding things up), and so is any time Minfililia shuffles you off to do busywork for Slafborn. But it also has Moenbryda, great primals, Thancred being a badass in all his cutscenes, and Tataru and Haurchefaunt being their usual great selves.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

i want yearbook style screenshots of all your characters to mark the end of heavensward please

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Green Tea Erotica posted:

I've re-subbed and am playing through the game again from scratch with my Fiance.
She wants to go Astrologian at 50 and I was going to go Red Mage (The only thing that got me to look at this game again because Red Mages are rad [Blue Mages are better]) but I just read that the Heavensward Classes reset to 30, which would really suck. And it seems the Jump Potions skip you to 60, not 50?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you can even switch to any of the Heavensward classes until you have started the Heavensward MSQ. So even after reaching 50 she'll still have to go through the 2.1-2.55 quests to even start with Astrologian.

As for the jump potions, there are 3 from what I remember:

- One thst skips the ARR quests
- One that skips the Heavensward quests
- One that boosts a single character to level 60

So what she can do, is use the ARR potion, switch to Astrologian and then level that to 50 before Stormblood comes out.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

i want yearbook style screenshots of all your characters to mark the end of heavensward please

I stole Fister's idea.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Huh i never considered that now that umbral ice/fire are 13 second duration and transpose is 12 second cooldown, you can stay in umbral permanently and never drop enocian even when moving and whatnot, so you'll have foul ready to go all the time. that's awesome.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

dogsicle posted:

The beginning of 2.1+ is bad (Minfillia holding things up), and so is any time Minfililia shuffles you off to do busywork for Slafborn. But it also has Moenbryda, great primals, Thancred being a badass in all his cutscenes, and Tataru and Haurchefaunt being their usual great selves.

I think it was legit p. rad how the 2.XX storyline incorporated a bunch of minor NPCs from earlier in the MSQ, and I liked returning the the Rising Stones to see what my cool and good friends Hoary Boulder and... elf guy were up to!

Bobfly
Apr 22, 2007
EGADS!
On the other hand, level 35 content in your level 50 quests wasn't super impressive. But yeah, I don't think it was all bad. I remember 2.4 and on fondly.

Mrs.Nameko
Dec 16, 2015

Mushrooms are the internet of the forest!
I did the thing!! :v:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Jeff Bridges
Jeff Bridges

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Lancel Fox
Voted least likely to read a map

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

I'm probably not kidding when I say the real obstacle to me playing MCH is that Lalafell guns are far too small.

edit: I forget how this worked for HW. I bought SB on Steam and input the early access code into Mogstation. It shows I have SB early access. I still have the normal SB code, do I input that on the 20th when a dialog appears for it?

nuru fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Jun 8, 2017

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
sure

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

nuru posted:

I'm probably not kidding when I say the real obstacle to me playing MCH is that Lalafell guns are far too small.

edit: I forget how this worked for HW. I bought SB on Steam and input the early access code into Mogstation. It shows I have SB early access. I still have the normal SB code, do I input that on the 20th when a dialog appears for it?

You can put your full code in on the 20th, yeah. The early access runs a while after the 20th probably because they're expecting the mogstation to be blitzed.

Lt. Broccoli
Jun 4, 2006

It just sits there. Completely harmless.
Wife and I coming back after stopping shortly after Heavensward, maybe like the first zone or two completed. Most of my classes are 50 at least (only a few for her). Do I need to start a new character? I'm kind of worried about walking into a dungeon and getting put over a barrel because I'm not used to the new meta of pulling the entire place at once or something.

I guess the upshot would be I could make it on Excalibur?

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Geckoagua posted:

Wife and I coming back after stopping shortly after Heavensward, maybe like the first zone or two completed. Most of my classes are 50 at least (only a few for her). Do I need to start a new character? I'm kind of worried about walking into a dungeon and getting put over a barrel because I'm not used to the new meta of pulling the entire place at once or something.

This isn't something people do in HW leveling dungeons because the ilvl / level sync make some of the 51-60 dungeons brutal in comparison to doing expert 50 ilvls above the intended gear. Plus, I've never seen anyone complain if a tank or healer said they can't handle megapulls in expert.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Geckoagua posted:

Just keep playing your old character and buy a server transfer if you really want to play on Excalibur, people are generally chill and the returner icon you'll get will let them know you haven't been around in a while.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

Carrot Drake
Hates: Frontlines pvp queues
Voted most likely to d/c in the middle of a duty

Fortuitous Bumble
Jan 5, 2007

Geckoagua posted:

I've been running a lot of low level dungeons to grind up my Astrologer, and the average person doing leveling dungeons (everything pre-60) is pretty slow right now, and there are a lot of new/returning player icons. Yesterday I got a tank who was RP walking before every pack of mobs for some reason, and I've also seen my entire party get lost in the instance with the frog cliff, DPS failing to kill the plumes/nails in time in normal mode primals, and pretty much anything else that could go wrong.

So far I haven't witnessed any party meltdowns, so I think you're safe as long as you can press more than 2 buttons and navigate from one end of an instance to the other.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Geckoagua posted:

If anyone gives you poo poo in dungeons just remember the following:

They don't pay your sub.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
sometimes I rp walk between pulls if I'm TP starved because I've noticed if I actually run up to the pulls people will start their openers and stuff.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
If you skip story content in this game you're playing the game wrong.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
It is extremely important that you teleport back and forth between Vesper Bay and tiny pisspot towns on other continents, repeatedly, in order to unlock boring cutscenes with embarrassingly bad voice acting. It is even more important that you profess to enjoy it and insist that others do as well. The monster killing stuff is secondary, that's the real game.

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

ghostinmyshell fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Jun 8, 2017

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Low level ninja adventures in dungeons!

:ninja: "Hey uh, AST? Are you using Stella?"

:silent: "Yeah."

:ninja: "Isn't malefic higher potency?"

:silent: "lol I'll just heal then."

:ninja: "... kay."

*after final boss dies*

:silent: "I guess Stella is okay after all."

:cripes:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Three friends and I queued up for a dungeon roulette last night to shake off some of the rust after a year+ away from the game.

We immediately got Sastasha.

The more things change...

theSpokeyDokey
Jul 19, 2005

Name: Grmph Ormfphfhr
Senior Quote: Mrmph mmmrpph mmmrrrmphr hrmphr mrphmmrph

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Soothing Vapors posted:

It is extremely important that you teleport back and forth between Vesper Bay and tiny pisspot towns on other continents, repeatedly, in order to unlock boring cutscenes with embarrassingly bad voice acting. It is even more important that you profess to enjoy it and insist that others do as well. The monster killing stuff is secondary, that's the real game.

I actually think the voice acting is pretty good, on the whole. But then again I also enjoy things other than pure mechanical gameplay so I guess I'm double-wrong. :shrug:

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

queeb posted:

Huh i never considered that now that umbral ice/fire are 13 second duration and transpose is 12 second cooldown, you can stay in umbral permanently and never drop enocian even when moving and whatnot, so you'll have foul ready to go all the time. that's awesome.

You can actually already do this if you just hammer the Transpose button as it's coming off cooldown, because of the timing with which new statuses are applied by many actions now.

However, Transpose's cooldown definitely needs to be brought back down to 10s so that low level THM is less of a chore to play.

Valicious
Aug 16, 2010

I finally did it guys

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

You activated Windows?

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

should i switch to a potato since im maining bLM in stormblood, it just seems right

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

queeb posted:

should i switch to a potato since im maining bLM in stormblood, it just seems right

Lalafell Forever.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

theSpokeyDokey posted:

Name: Grmph Ormfphfhr
Senior Quote: Mrmph mmmrpph mmmrrrmphr hrmphr mrphmmrph

I love it lol

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

Well, you asked nicely.

Alloy Steele
Hates: Swiftcast hardcasting.
Voted most likely to be found near Nekolithic Nyandertal.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Fister Roboto posted:

You activated Windows?

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Spanish Inquisition

Likes playing cards

Voted least expected

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU