Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Froggycleric
May 11, 2013

Don't sully his love with imagined reasons.
Not yet, but she also hasn't gotten any real spotlight time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Froggycleric posted:

Not yet, but she also hasn't gotten any real spotlight time.

She does get a chance to shine, but it's so far in the future it'll probably be in season 4. Still not a single hint as to what her face looks like, though.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

C-SPAN Caller posted:

Does anyone ever throw paint on her so we can know what she looks like

i'll fight anyone who tries.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Begemot posted:

She does get a chance to shine, but it's so far in the future it'll probably be in season 4. Still not a single hint as to what her face looks like, though.

She does get in a hotspring at one point so you see the void in the water

Jintor
May 19, 2014

pretty good calmdown episode. first look at the hero killah.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
that carnage-had-a-baby-with-deadpool boy aint got no nose

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
His quirk is that he can lick a knife without cutting himself

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
He's actually based on Slash, the Ninja Turtle.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
stain is just so god drat 90's

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Venuz Patrol posted:

Very.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

OnimaruXLR posted:

that carnage-had-a-baby-with-deadpool boy aint got no nose

the design instantly reminded me of Pitt

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Venuz Patrol posted:

I'm pretty sure he's a deliberate homage to 90s western comics.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

i remember in the manga thread someone posted a picture of horikoshi's superhero toy collection and i counted like a dozen different venoms

so yeah any similarities are definitely intentional

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Interesting they're showing Nana so early.

rocketbrah
Sep 24, 2003

it's peanut butter
⚡ MORPHIN' TIME ⚡

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

His quirk is that he can lick a knife without cutting himself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQTn1QxCZ2s

The Hero Goroshihiko

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Best smash cut to the ED yet.

Anyway, Stain is a jerk and so awesomely 90's i hate him. :allears:

Is Iida's brother actually dead? The dude is called Hero Killer after all (don't tell me).

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Iida's brother's quirk is actually dispensing ketchup.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
And Iida's is mustard-explosions from his legs. They're going to open Hero Hotdogs when Iida graduates.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Well good for them :)

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

At last some more plot. I thought we would be stuck in this neverending god forsaken sports festival for the next twenty episodes.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Martytoof posted:

At last some more plot. I thought we would be stuck in this neverending god forsaken sports festival for the next twenty episodes.

The sports festival is plot. Hell Deku's last match was nothing but character development.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Martytoof posted:

Even as someone who really loves some of the moments of this arc, I am incredibly hype for the back half of this season.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

PMush Perfect posted:

Even as someone who really loves some of the moments of this arc, I am incredibly hype for the back half of this season.

Gyges posted:

The sports festival is plot. Hell Deku's last match was nothing but character development.

I know nothing about the manga's pacing or anything like that so to me this just seems really really drawn out and I'm ready for them to move on, but yeah I guess this is one way of doing character development. Obviously everyone in this thread seems to be very okay with it so I'm in the minority here :haw:

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The sports festival is good.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Martytoof posted:

how long do you think this arc has been going on

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Tournament arcs are rarely good.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Tollymain posted:

how long do you think this arc has been going on

It feels like the last five years.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Sports Festival is good.

Tournament Arcs in general are good.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Martytoof posted:

I know nothing about the manga's pacing or anything like that so to me this just seems really really drawn out and I'm ready for them to move on, but yeah I guess this is one way of doing character development. Obviously everyone in this thread seems to be very okay with it so I'm in the minority here :haw:

The episode before last is like one of the best in the series Marty, I'm ashamed of you

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
For reference, this was the 9th episode of the sports festival. We're not even at a whole cour for it.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Martytoof posted:

:psyduck:

Like, do you just hate character development? Having characters the audience gives a drat about is pretty important to any plot being engaging and this arc is very important to that character development.

Seriously, if you think this arc is some torturous circle of hell that you have been confined to you're not going to enjoy a lot of the rest of the series.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Also the Sports Festival is basically over at this point. We've got like one episode left before it's finished.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Seriously, if you think this arc is some torturous circle of hell that you have been confined to you're not going to enjoy a lot of the rest of the series.

I think this may be the case. I mean I enjoyed it pretty much up to the second or third episode of the festival but if it's almost done then I'm OK to just shut up about it and move on :q:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

:psyduck:

Like, do you just hate character development? Having characters the audience gives a drat about is pretty important to any plot being engaging and this arc is very important to that character development.

It's also plot.

Like what do you think the plot of MHA is?

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

The tournament, in particular the one on one fights, have been chock full of character development. There hasn't been a superfluous episode yet.

As the main plot of the show is how deku becomes a real hero this whole arc is about how he's grown as a hero and can now go toe to toe with most of his peers, but also that he's been relying on the nurse as a crutch rather than developing his control.

Namtab fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Jun 12, 2017

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i can understand not liking sports festival arcs but this one has been super short and way more interesting and meaningful than the ones people typically like to complain about, and simultaneously been downtime from the more serious stuff that it's already foreshadowing is gonna slam into the cast hard

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

I mean, I've been critical of the pacing so far but this is still incredibly breezy compared to the tournament arcs of yore.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
Edit: Whoops bad info.

While I'm all for keeping a faster tempo in anime fighting-tournaments, I'm saddened they couldn't delve into all the fun powers and abilities that make MHA interesting.

Thor-Stryker fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Jun 12, 2017

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Thor-Stryker posted:

The anime even cut down the 'finals' fights when compared to the manga. As well as changed up the matches for some reason, and there was a lot more exposition for the supporting cast in the manga. [One of the final fights in the manga is literally an exposition.]

While I'm all for keeping a faster tempo in anime fighting-tournaments, I'm saddened they couldn't delve into all the fun powers and abilities that make MHA interesting.

What? No. None of that is true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Yeah, the pacing is really good. They did what 3 fights this episode? A lot of other anime would have made each fight a whole drat episode.

• Locked thread