Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

SC Bracer posted:

TL Note: beautiful
tl note: 100k each, minimum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

So the Translation was done by TV Nihon?

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

leather fedora posted:

I'm assuming you meant "v-sync" so I tried turning off that, vertex shading, and borderless window (since that was the one combination I never tried) and it somehow worked. Thanks for the tip; I'll do some more fiddling later.

Nah G-Sync is a specific type of monitor technology built into some monitors that only works with Nvidia GPUs. It dynamically changes the refresh rate to make everything look smooth and get rid of tearing. It also causes heavy stuttering whenever Trails in the Sky loads a new map because the framerate drops down to 20 for a moment. Doesn't happen when you disable g-sync in the nvidia control panel.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

VolticSurge posted:

So the Translation was done by TV Nihon?

to be clear this is a leak of the script before the endless history folks working on it now took over. They are currently re-editing the entire thing to fall more into xseeds quality standards.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Zaggitz posted:

to be clear this is a leak of the script before the endless history folks working on it now took over. They are currently re-editing the entire thing to fall more into xseeds quality standards.

Anyone's else's standards would be acceptable, really.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
yep. ok. that's it. trails 3rd is my favorite sky game

i will never replay it probably but it is incredibly good and i loved it even more than the first two

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!

Zaggitz posted:

Standards in the first place would have been helpful but here we are.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

SC Bracer posted:

Standards in the first place would have been helpful but here we are.

You'd be surprised how low the standards can be. Case in point,Persona 5. One of the worst localizations I've seen in a long time.

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

Clearly Estelle is just showing off her command of the Erebonian language.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
if you consider persona 5's translation to be among the worst then i'd say that says even more about how standards have risen

that game's tl has issues but it's nothing compared to the old zero fan tl, or even some of the worst official tls out there, like the old psp legend of heroes games, or wild arms 2, which are literally unreadable

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Jun 7, 2017

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
the old LoH localizations are works of art, please do not make fun of them

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm going to go out on a limb and assume "no fleeing for 300 battles" applies to star doors, too? Cause uh....that trio of dummies made fighting not fun. Got an autosave I can use to go back before I fled, but blegh.

Also, do treasure chests in doors count for the achievement?

Alard
Sep 4, 2011

Yes to both of those. Assuming your on normal the only enemies that should be a giant pain in that door are the floating translucent enemies on the outside of the mountain, which are probably the best things to hit with the 200CP move if you have it. Since everything else can be trivialized with the Def -100% craft they have.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
I can't wait to play another game with our favorite protagonist Rean Blacker.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Um, that's Rean Coldsteel, thank you very much.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Really thrilled that I have to fight all the Abyss Fiends in one run in order to access the last one :shepface:

(Not that they're hard at all, but it's just tedious)

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Don't worry, it's totally worth it.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I just finished Trails in the Sky and am starting SC. Is there anything I should now going in? Are these Chain Craft things any good?

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

dengeki scans http://imgur.com/a/HAL2e it's crossbell spoilers all over of course but the two pages after mcburn are extra spicy spoilers you probably shouldn't look at

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Jun 8, 2017

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Chain Crafts kick rear end in SC, especially once you can use Chain 3.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ethiser posted:

I just finished Trails in the Sky and am starting SC. Is there anything I should now going in? Are these Chain Craft things any good?

If you want the highest bracer ranking you need an (almost) perfect run this time and probably need a guide.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Ethiser posted:

Chain Crafts are great, but make sure that you use the high strength characters last, because the later ones get a damage multiplier.

Also, at the start of Chapter 1, you get to choose between Agate and Schera as your secondary. Pick Agate.

Enjoy!

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Some Numbers posted:

Don't worry, it's totally worth it.

Those fuckers had no right having that extraordinarily high defense.

Before I finish up, what the hell is the flag for the second Gambler Jack event? I completed the first one some time ago and can still only access up to Jack's first appearance. Unless I managed to switch to a save where I didn't beat it.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

Ethiser posted:

Chain crafts are good if you use them with care rather than just willy nilly. They're excellent to use on a critical or strength-up turn because everyone who participates gets the bonus, which can lead to huge damage, especially if you put heavier hitters farther up the chain. They can also be used if you want to squeeze that last bit of damage in on an enemy before he gets a turn or if you need to manipulate the turn order by removing turns rather than adding them.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

corn on the cop posted:

Before I finish up, what the hell is the flag for the second Gambler Jack event? I completed the first one some time ago and can still only access up to Jack's first appearance. Unless I managed to switch to a save where I didn't beat it.

You just have to win Halle's blackjack game.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
I don't really want to land my opinion on Trails 3rd without finishing it but goddamn, what a game it is. The structure is just perfect for landing payoff after payoff for hooks laid in FC and SC, and even better for setting new ones that pay off in later games.

Some of those doors are So. Good. Schera's was great as was Kloe's. The writing remains great and there is so much genuine poo poo in this game I love it. I keep getting excited for CS3 while playing it.

e: I do hope maybe one day these games increase the battle party size somehow to accommodate the growing cast. Unless some of these main characters turn villainous or they start separating games into chapters following specific heroes, I expect to see the return time and again with the new casts, just kind of snowballing the cast-size of new games.

Levantine fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Jun 8, 2017

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

trailer for CSIII but not lovely handcam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syu_MYjO7tw

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Levantine posted:

I don't really want to land my opinion on Trails 3rd without finishing it but goddamn, what a game it is. The structure is just perfect for landing payoff after payoff for hooks laid in FC and SC, and even better for setting new ones that pay off in later games.

Some of those doors are So. Good. Schera's was great as was Kloe's. The writing remains great and there is so much genuine poo poo in this game I love it. I keep getting excited for CS3 while playing it.

e: I do hope maybe one day these games increase the battle party size somehow to accommodate the growing cast. Unless some of these main characters turn villainous or they start separating games into chapters following specific heroes, I expect to see the return time and again with the new casts, just kind of snowballing the cast-size of new games.
yeah, a six person party like suikoden would be nice. cold steel already kind of did this with the sub party members but I had to kind of actively plan to use them.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

I'm surprised Sky 3 didn't have a 3 party dungeon to go along with the 2 and 4. I was also sorta disappointed that the dungeons weren't as intricate at the Phoenix Cave / final dungeon in Final Fantasy 6. Goddamn those were fun dungeons.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Levantine posted:

It plays at an entirely different pace than the first two and I just love it so much. It certainly doesn't feel at all like an epilogue.

Right up there with SC for me.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

corn on the cop posted:

It plays at an entirely different pace than the first two and I just love it so much. It certainly doesn't feel at all like an epilogue.

It's an epilogue for Sky and a prequel for both Zero and Cold Steel.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Endorph posted:

yeah, a six person party like suikoden would be nice. cold steel already kind of did this with the sub party members but I had to kind of actively plan to use them.

Yeah, it kind of gets to the point where you don't really move the sub-members in anyway because your A-team is so powerful.

Why is Anelace so good in 3rd? She's absurdly good out of the gate if you get her the Jiyu or whatever from her door. It's kind of throwing my ideal party ideas out the window.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Levantine posted:

Yeah, it kind of gets to the point where you don't really move the sub-members in anyway because your A-team is so powerful.

Why is Anelace so good in 3rd? She's absurdly good out of the gate if you get her the Jiyu or whatever from her door. It's kind of throwing my ideal party ideas out the window.

It's pretty much single-handedly because of Jinu. Without it she's pretty mediocre at best.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Supremezero posted:

It's pretty much single-handedly because of Jinu. Without it she's pretty mediocre at best.

Yeah she's honestly kinda bad without the overpowered weapons she gets. That being said sine she has Jinu and a +50% attack buff feel free to abuse the poo poo out of that.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Anelace peters out in the next few dungeons after you get her, especially as she gets overshadowed by people with more utility in crafts and spells. Although she is pretty solid in the endgame since she gets a free Zemurian-ore level weapon.

Richard is the actual broken katana-wielding character. I think a solid 75% of the damage done to the final boss came from him.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

GrandpaPants posted:

Anelace peters out in the next few dungeons after you get her, especially as she gets overshadowed by people with more utility in crafts and spells. Although she is pretty solid in the endgame since she gets a free Zemurian-ore level weapon.

Richard is the actual broken katana-wielding character. I think a solid 75% of the damage done to the final boss came from him.

Richard is so hilariously broken that their crafts are quicker than their regular attacks. It's amazing.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

The last two characters you get are so insanely overpowered that you really don't need anyone else.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

GrandpaPants posted:

Between her str buff and her sword and her AT delay craft, she's hard not to use out of the gate, but I am just barely past that point so I haven't seen her fall off yet.

Your spoiler makes me unreasonably happy though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Levantine posted:

Between her str buff and her sword and her AT delay craft, she's hard not to use out of the gate, but I am just barely past that point so I haven't seen her fall off yet.

I used Anelace for the the majority of the latter part of the game and she's pretty great.