Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

I'm so confused. Or aroused. Not sure which.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I made one last year for a CE thread

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

joat mon posted:

Canoeing is 'shipping with a backwoods theme, right?

We're gonna put on denim suspenders, break out the moonshine, and petition the GIP writing staff to make Zeris and EBB bump uglies?

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yy-6NE2hDqc

Exclusive footage of ebb and zeris.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

joat mon posted:

Canoeing is 'shipping with a backwoods theme, right?
Canoeing is shooting a dead body in the forehead at an angle so it digs out a canoe shaped divot. It's a stupid practice invented by Seals. One of the idiots who claimed to be the Bin Laden killer allegedly did it to him despite being told not to shoot him in the face so identification didn't get screwed up.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Casimir Radon posted:

Canoeing is shooting a dead body in the forehead at an angle so it digs out a canoe shaped divot. It's a stupid practice invented by Seals. One of the idiots who claimed to be the Bin Laden killer allegedly did it to him despite being told not to shoot him in the face so identification didn't get screwed up.

This seems like something that was invented an E4 who went through basic with a guy who eventually became a SEAL and he told me it's definitely something they do, you guys.

Except nobody's ever actually done it because it's impractical and also fucks up identification.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

psydude posted:

This seems like something that was invented an E4 who went through basic with a guy who eventually became a SEAL and he told me it's definitely something they do, you guys.

Except nobody's ever actually done it because it's impractical and also fucks up identification.
It's been corroborated. Remember these same idiots are carrying around tomahawks.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

Casimir Radon posted:

It's been corroborated. Remember these same idiots are carrying around tomahawks.

What's the justification for the tomahawks? They're better then knives why?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Nystral posted:

Tomahawks are operator as gently caress

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Nystral posted:

Some dumb WARRIOR!! cultural poo poo. They might have been caught scalping people with them, that sounds familiar. Shim mentioned the tomahawk poo poo years ago before the article about how hosed up Seal culture is came out.

Edit: It was an Intercept article but not Greenwald. It seemed pretty well researched too.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Yeah the tomahawk poo poo has been going on a loooooooong time

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

A sizable portion of the Taliban grew up in Pakistani refugee camps and Afghanistan during the civil war. Mutilating a few bodies isn't going to scare them or anyone else.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Only native americans deserve the tomahawks

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Yo apparently NZ is celebrating 30 years of nuclear-free life this Sunday by making a giant peace sign outside Auckland Museum. So if someone could plant a few megaton bang in the centre that'd be just fine.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
There was a type of tomahawk some units got but the center piece was milled out to be like a multi wrench that fit a few of the more common bolts on a Stryker.

I bought one from some dude for like 10 dollars because he needed spice money, it was a novelty but came in handy for making kindling out in field because gently caress range control.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Here's that article. A lot of Seals were justifying their scalpings as "collecting DNA". Allegedly that wasn't enough for one guy so he completely decapitated somebody. Where did they get an idea like this might you ask? From a stupid novel titled The Devil's Guard about a fictional Nazi who does this type of stuff in Vietnam.

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009
https://www.nasa.gov/astronauts/biographies/jonny-kim/biography
So one of the newest members of the NASA Astronaut corps is a former Navy Seal, Harvard Med-trained physician. Goddamn model minority...

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Zeris posted:

Can you PM me with details?

Jesus Christ it's a common joke the forums.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Casimir Radon posted:

I'm familiar with Tombstone, I just thought shipping was funnier. I didn't know the Seals had turned a movie's threat with a colorful metaphor into a real thing.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Suicide Watch posted:

So one of the newest members of the NASA Astronaut corps is a former Navy Seal, Harvard Med-trained physician. Goddamn model minority...

God drat. That is one impressive motherfucker.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Suicide Watch posted:

Honestly, I don't want to shoot this guy into space. We need him down here. We should be shooting less impressive people into space.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

So Diaper Don...

Wouls you say that your father has ever said he loved you, or do you just hope that he does?

Edit: Wrong thread

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Suicide Watch posted:

It's missing the part where he has over 300 confirmed kills and was trained in gorilla warfare.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Vengarr posted:

It's missing the part where he has over 300 confirmed kills and was trained in gorilla warfare.

What the gently caress did you just loving say about me, you little bitch?

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
I sincerely hope someone on the interview panel asked him if he has ever cut off an enemy's ear with a tomahawk.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Dead Reckoning posted:

I sincerely hope someone on the interview panel asked him if he has ever cut off an enemy's ear with a tomahawk.

"Y'know, like you can in CoD?"

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
"Yes."
"Welcome to Astronaut Training, Dr. Kim."

Dead Reckoning fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Jun 8, 2017

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Cutting parts off of people is a time honored tradition in the US Military. Dates back to the Indian wars!

I'm in the middle of Dispatches right now (holy moly what a loving book) and there's a grunt from Khe Sahn who's confused why the girl he sent a severed NVA ear to won't write him back.

There's a great scene in the Pacific with Sledge, SNAFU is chucking rocks into the open skull of a dead Japanese. Trauma does a helluva thing to the human brain where it shuts off part of your coping mechanisms.

MA-Horus fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Jun 8, 2017

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Dispatches is really good

Fun fact: Dale Dye and Animal Mother are both in Dispatches.

Worthless fact: I got a paperback copy of dispatches for Christmas in 1991

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/kurteichenwald/status/872859236434403328

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

should have said that he had a seizure and miraculously hit the proper search terms for that hentai into google and then clicked on the link before switching tabs and coming back to consciousness

more believable

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

Suuuuuuure, Kurt. Sure.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

pull up kurt

https://twitter.com/kurteichenwald/status/872860185576001536

https://twitter.com/kurteichenwald/status/872862858073296897

shyduck fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Jun 8, 2017

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

In non-tentacle hentai news, Al-Jazeera's apparently under a massive cyberattack.

https://twitter.com/AJEnglish/status/872856514695974912

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

So the open comey testimony was a nothingburger.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
It was a nothingburger in terms of nothing new or revelatory was discussed.

But it did confirm, under oath, that Comey felt Trump made an ask of him to lift the Russia/Flynn investigation and that Comey was fired over Comey's handling of said Russia/Flynn investigation.

That's essentially what brought down Nixon (asking for the independent prosecutor to be fired, abuse of power).

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/kurteichenwald/status/872869008504172544

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

orange juche posted:

So the open comey testimony was a nothingburger.

It was pretty much what everyone was expecting?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Thwomp posted:

It was a nothingburger in terms of nothing new or revelatory was discussed.

But it did confirm, under oath, that Comey felt Trump made an ask of him to lift the Russia/Flynn investigation and that Comey was fired over Comey's handling of said Russia/Flynn investigation.

That's essentially what brought down Nixon (asking for the independent prosecutor to be fired, abuse of power).

Thing is, the GOP doesn't care and there aren't enough people to care enough to vote them out in 2018. The pervasive corrupt behavior of one party in protecting their godhead from the legal ramifications of his own pervasive corruption isn't nearly as important as it was 40+ years ago because back then college was affordable and minimum wage was generally livable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007
West Point is giving their highest award to the guy who did 9/11
https://www.westpointaog.org/thayerawardgeorgebushbiography

• Locked thread