Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
The worst fans were the people I saw in Cleveland wearing Heat gear and Lebron Heat jerseys while he was there. Probably the same people that I see now wearing GS gear around town. Show some class! Literally just yesterday at the grocery store some woman was wearing a Durant Shirtsey.

Black Sabas
Apr 29, 2015

warriors have fallen into lebrons trap to come back from a 3-0 deficit and cash in his only remaining GOAT chip

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Ghost Dog posted:

yeah kyries inability to run a unit while being so ball dominant is a huge problem. some of it is on the cavs cause they just dont ask him to do it at all during the regular season and they should really try cause he needs to learn how.

TT was such a monster in the last 2 finals i think his regression is the worst. infact the cavs have had a ton of times where their roleplayers brick shots over this run but TT has been a constant positive so the regression hurts even more. hes what they rely on when this poo poo starts happening
I think it's just not in Kyrie's makeup to run a team. He never showed much ability before Lebron got there, and Lebron's basically been the PG since he's arrived. Kyrie's got amazing handles and he'll get hot and make circus shots but if he's not scoring a ton he's adding nothing. That said, it's really hard to ignore when he does go off since it usually means he's making 11/10 degree of difficulty shots while breaking ankles and dropping 40 on some fools.

Honestly the whole team seems kinda a mess that Lebron's holding together. Too many of their dudes seem like pure roleplayers or extremely one dimensional. Love's about the only one who seems to be able to fulfill any sort of multiple roles besides Lebron since he can rebound, has a decent 3 pt shot, and works well in the post. I remember reading some article about the Heat after Lebron went there talking about how Wade and Bosh had to learn to be more flexible since Lebron would change his roles so much-one day playing more like Magic and passing a bunch, or another day deciding to be more of a scorer, etc. Whereas on the Cavs it's almost the opposite-Lebron's forced to do basically everything since the roster's so limited.

Cool Buff Man posted:

Not during the year, no, I'm just bringing it up now because it's being flashed all over the place as they're losing badly to Golden State. He's always the first to be tossed out as trade bait by dingbats whenever the team doesn't look right

http://cavaliers.247sports.com/Bolt/Patrick-If-swept-Cleveland-should-trade-Kevin-Love-53051824

http://thebiglead.com/2017/06/05/if-the-cavaliers-get-swept-kevin-love-is-the-guy-most-likely-to-get-traded/

http://www.ibtimes.com/could-cleveland-cavaliers-trade-kevin-love-nba-finals-2017-ignite-latest-speculation-2547985

Sort of poo poo. I think it's stupid but for some reason people love to send him places in their mind canon

Yeah, that seems dumb to me. I've actually thought he's played very well. He doesn't seem to nearly be the defensive liability that he has in the past (he's not great, but honestly a lot of their switches leave him kinda stranded, and they're not the best help d team). He's not been shooting the best against GS, but he's about the only one doing anything else (besides Lebron of course).

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Michael Corleone posted:

The worst fans were the people I saw in Cleveland wearing Heat gear and Lebron Heat jerseys while he was there. Probably the same people that I see now wearing GS gear around town. Show some class! Literally just yesterday at the grocery store some woman was wearing a Durant Shirtsey.

It is your duty to go to Marc's and buy all the knockoff Cavs gear you can find and pass it out to people on the streets.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Ammanas posted:

It's not ridiculous to be a Warriors fan I agree!!!!!!!!!!

You watch the game last night? Warriors commit a ton of fouls on the regular. Spurs are perennially at the bottom of the league in terms of PFs given.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

alansmithee posted:

I think it's just not in Kyrie's makeup to run a team. He never showed much ability before Lebron got there, and Lebron's basically been the PG since he's arrived. Kyrie's got amazing handles and he'll get hot and make circus shots but if he's not scoring a ton he's adding nothing. That said, it's really hard to ignore when he does go off since it usually means he's making 11/10 degree of difficulty shots while breaking ankles and dropping 40 on some fools.

Honestly the whole team seems kinda a mess that Lebron's holding together. Too many of their dudes seem like pure roleplayers or extremely one dimensional. Love's about the only one who seems to be able to fulfill any sort of multiple roles besides Lebron since he can rebound, has a decent 3 pt shot, and works well in the post. I remember reading some article about the Heat after Lebron went there talking about how Wade and Bosh had to learn to be more flexible since Lebron would change his roles so much-one day playing more like Magic and passing a bunch, or another day deciding to be more of a scorer, etc. Whereas on the Cavs it's almost the opposite-Lebron's forced to do basically everything since the roster's so limited.

My thoughts exactly. Please edit my name into your post so it looks like I authored it.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Bigass Moth posted:

It is your duty to go to Marc's and buy all the knockoff Cavs gear you can find and pass it out to people on the streets.

I think my aunt and uncle bought Indians WS champions shirts there, they either sold out or were pulled from the shelves right away. I wanted one! I got a pretty nice yellow defend the land shirt for 5 bux at a BP station, only suckers pay 10 bux from the pop up stands in parking lots.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

EvanTH posted:

You watch the game last night? Warriors commit a ton of fouls on the regular. Spurs are perennially at the bottom of the league in terms of PFs given.

That was the refs trying to tilt the board, dude. Cmon.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Monty Williams will be the inaugural recipient of the Sager Strong award, which seems like a good way to kick it off.

https://twitter.com/mikecwright/status/872878565477539840

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
the answer to who the worst nba fan is is my mom.

she thinks lebron johnson is alright and not a thug.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Ammanas posted:

That was the refs trying to tilt the board, dude. Cmon.

I'm trying to become a subtle troll like bashez but there's some art to mixing up the obviously wrong arguments into the reasonable points and I'm not getting it yet

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse

It'd be cool if he joined the Warriors one day. Maybe at the tail end of his career. Like Marshawn and the Raiders.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

EvanTH posted:

I'm trying to become a subtle troll like bashez but there's some art to mixing up the obviously wrong arguments into the reasonable points and I'm not getting it yet

bashez is a master of his craft

not all of us can be that good, no matter how much adam lowtax tells us to bootstrap ourselves to posting glory

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

EvanTH posted:

bashez is extremely not subtle, his skill is usually pushing the right buttons

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

TildeATH posted:

On my drive in I listened to the local radio station smugly talk about Lebron the dick-kicker and how Lebron would pass away the winning free throw to Korver because he saw he had an open look.

I was wrong, I was always wrong, Warriors fans are the very worst, we deserved the 3-1 comeback.

This is healthy. But you're not the worst, I remember when the Suns and Celtics (sorry CBM) were good, it was hideous. Heat fans were a close match to GSW. Least insufferable good team fans (on this forum) were Spurs (???) and Mavs (????), despite being from Texas and being, respectively, inimitably spoiled and forced to defend Mark Cuban. Lakers fans, Rick and a few regulars aside, are a different species of horrible but it's maybe not fair because they're so numerous that of course they'll have a lot of reprobates.

Ghost Dog posted:

yeah kyries inability to run a unit while being so ball dominant is a huge problem. some of it is on the cavs cause they just dont ask him to do it at all during the regular season and they should really try cause he needs to learn how.

TT was such a monster in the last 2 finals i think his regression is the worst. infact the cavs have had a ton of times where their roleplayers brick shots over this run but TT has been a constant positive so the regression hurts even more. hes what they rely on when this poo poo starts happening

I think Kryie just is what he is at this point. A great 1 on 1 player and on a good day capable of just slicing up a defense regardless of what they do, but he's not an NBA point guard and he's not going to become one in his 7th year in the league as he enters his late 20s. Playing fake PG next to Lebron is an ideal situation for him. Love is a better player but I think is much more miscast on this Cavs team, though his mediocre defense was more tolerable before the Kardashians sex vampired Tristan Thompson. TT has done far better living up to his contract than anyone had a right to expect (and the cap boost helps too) but despite a pretty good season he just cratered in this series. I don't think a better defensive 5 is going to be available for what the Cavs can offer, even if Love were available I don't see a fair trade out there. Maybe some kind of insane swap with the Clippers? Generally if you have a good defensive 5, you're at least a 2nd round team and you aren't looking to make a trade that doesn't put you over.

But I said after game 1, and I stand by it, that the problem is not Love and Kyrie. The problem is that key role players from last year like Jefferson and Smith used their last reserves in the Finals and are done now. Smith went from 5.5WS last year to .8 this year. Total collapse. Jefferson played 3 minutes more per game, at 36 years old, and put up 2/3 the WS/48. Iman Shumpert played 600 more minutes and was even worse, and he was bad to start with. Dellevedova and Mozgov were solid backups who could help hold leads and get people rest, or provide some different looks. Those were big losses (though Mozgov was obviously not a factor in the Finals themselves and was straight bad all playoffs long). That stuff has ripples into the play of the stars too, because GS can just relentlessly hound them with no fear of other guys making plays.

Don't get me wrong, last year's Cavs would lose to these Warriors too. Hell, they probably lose to last year's Warriors more often than they win. But they're a much worse squad after the top 3-4 guys. If a few dudes hang it up and their ring chaser collection next year is better than GS's, they could make it more interesting than this.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

EvanTH posted:

you have to have a strong base of obviously wrong posts that you thoroughly believe in but dont go to bat to defend to lull them in imo

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

Cool Buff Man posted:

So, what's everyone's opinion regarding Kevin Love's chances to get dealt this offseason if the Cavs get swept out? It seems like he's the default scapegoat anytime something goes wrong

No team comes to mind that would want him & have something great to give in return. Paul George is the obvious target, but Indiana could get a lot better. I mean you could probably do Love for Carmelo & Courtney Lee or something but I'm not sure that improves the Cavaliers.

Kyrie Irving's value is a lot higher but I don't see them trading him.

Probably their best bet is just to take the guaranteed finals trips the next ~2 years and pray someone on the Warriors gets injured

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Cleveland looks poorly-coached to me. Everyone outside of Lebron (and maybe Love) has been making regular discipline/effort mistakes per game. Sucks for Lebron and for general fans who just want a good series.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

i dont think love is miscast. he was under blatt but ty lue has made so much of the offense run through him and the insane mismatches that come from a lebron/klove pnr. he could probably use more possessions outside of the 1st quarter but its hard not to give it to kyrie and lebron on isos late when you need some shots

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Papercut posted:

Cleveland looks poorly-coached to me. Everyone outside of Lebron (and maybe Love) has been making regular discipline/effort mistakes per game. Sucks for Lebron and for general fans who just want a good series.

What? I argue the opposite. Lue's been getting excellent out-of-TO plays all series, and Kerr has been doing some terrible decisions like staying big and putting Ian Clark against Kyrie's minutes. If anything, Lue's been the better coach for recognizing how much the Warriors are dedicating to stopping TT from the boards and pull him for more shooting.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

DeimosRising posted:

This is healthy. But you're not the worst, I remember when the Suns and Celtics (sorry CBM) were good, it was hideous.

I've never defended Boston fans and I'm not interested in doing so, I just like my Celtics and the game of basket. I never watch games with my friends because they're obnoxious and like to call players bitches nonstop and yell at refs when I just tell them to do something like try to watch off the ball action for a fresh new approach to basketball viewing

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

Papercut posted:

Yeah the kinda low-key (but also kinda not so low-key) thing that really lost them the game last night was in the back half of the fourth quarter when Cleveland's transition defense was just lazy as gently caress and the Warriors were getting the kind of gimme buckets you'd expect to see in garbage time of a blowout.

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

It's all a matter of perspective...
Grimey Drawer
I think it's worth noting how motivated the Warriors are this year. I can't believe they'll play as well next year once they've gotten the ring and made up for last year's choking.

You can blame Lebron's cookies for breaking the NBA this season...

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
It's not Lue's fault that the Cavs have been taking awful chuck shots and passing it off when they're wide open, and that basically nobody other than LeBron has shot well enough to win a game.

Or maybe it is. But I doubt he's telling them to pass up wide open uncontested 3s.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

lues a weird dude. hes a good out of timeout coach, bad at a ton of other things and his biggest positive is that he runs more of blatts offense than blatt ever did.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Cool Buff Man posted:

I've never defended Boston fans and I'm not interested in doing so, I just like my Celtics and the game of basket. I never watch games with my friends because they're obnoxious and like to call players bitches nonstop and yell at refs when I just tell them to do something like try to watch off the ball action for a fresh new approach to basketball viewing

ugh "there's no excuse for missing a free throw why don't these guys practice" and a lot more F words than you'd expect

Watching ball with my 1-2 friends who love the game itself instead of hating the opposing team is so much better than watching it with my otherwise fine friends who keep calling Steph Curry a little bitch.

There's a certain threshold of adulthood in fandom past which you are able to accept that your team commits fouls, and you can actually talk about the game in front of you with folks like that.

EvanTH fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Jun 8, 2017

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Ghost Dog posted:

i dont think love is miscast. he was under blatt but ty lue has made so much of the offense run through him and the insane mismatches that come from a lebron/klove pnr. he could probably use more possessions outside of the 1st quarter but its hard not to give it to kyrie and lebron on isos late when you need some shots

I think he's too good on offense to be a 3rd option, and much of what he does on the Cavs could be replicated by a lesser player. But the real problem is that having two guys who are 80-20 offense to defense stars is too much, and Love has not blossomed into a defensive power like Bosh did. Ironically Bosh is like the IDEAL guy to have in the role Love is playing now. Actually, if a generous god were to heal Chris Bosh, perhaps providing him with the four chambered heart more appropriate to his saurian lineage, he would be a wonderful pick up. He could spell Love to great effect, and also provide you with the potentially very fun Bosh/Love/Lebron frontcourt. If he plays at the level he did in 15-16 he's immediately the fourth best player on the team, even if he has to play limited minutes, and really opens things up for them.

Who are the likely members of next year's ring chasing society?

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

DeimosRising posted:

Actually, if a generous god were to heal Chris Bosh, perhaps providing him with the four chambered heart more appropriate to his saurian lineage, he would be a wonderful pick up.

lmao, this is a great sentence

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Is there a realistic chance that Bosh ever gets medically cleared to play again? If the Cavs were somehow able to sign him that might actually make the Finals next year interesting.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Bashez posted:

GSW fans are trying to paint Lebron as a nut kicker like Draymond.

no they aren't. They are trying to say that it was bullshit for everyone to be so absolutely sure that Draymond was intentionally going for the jewels when Lebron does the exact same thing on an off balance flail. And Westbrook repeatedly does the exact same thing. And Wade. And DeAndre. But Draymond is the one who does it intentionally, lol.

Just like everyone is so sure that Zaza intentionally slid his foot under Kawhi, when Aldridge and JR Smith and basically everyone in the NBA has done the same thing. But Zaza is the only intentional one.

I know when you are winning that the best thing to do is just shut up, but this stuff sticks in the craw a little. Some fans are going to point it out.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

RaySmuckles posted:

lmao, this is a great sentence

it's actually bullshit cause humans have 4 chambered hearts too but we know so little about dinosaur soft physiology so I had to reach

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
LeBron kicked his leg out a little ways, Draymond went full extension. This isn't hard.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

predicto posted:

no they aren't. They are trying to say that it was bullshit for everyone to be so absolutely sure that Draymond was intentionally going for the jewels when Lebron does the exact same thing on an off balance flail. And Westbrook repeatedly does the exact same thing. And Wade. And DeAndre. But Draymond is the one who does it intentionally, lol.

Just like everyone is so sure that Zaza intentionally slid his foot under Kawhi, when Aldridge and JR Smith and basically everyone in the NBA has done the same thing. But Zaza is the only intentional one.

I know when you are winning that the best thing to do is just shut up, but this stuff sticks in the craw a little. Some fans are going to point it out.

Westbrook and DeAndre definitely do it intentionally and so does CP3. Draymond suddenly isn't doing it anymore despite it being a TOTALLY NATURAL AND UNCONTROLLABLE motion. Malone and Jordan both did it all the time too and they were absolutely nut hunting.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

loves role could not be replicated by a lesser player. any old stretch 4 would just be guarded by a wing and would make their whole offense drastically worse. the fact you can't do that and need 2 lebron sized dudes who can defend in the post and on the perimeter is why they steamroll lesser competition so easily. lots of teams just lose when they line up

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Ammanas posted:

bashez is extremely not subtle, his skill is usually pushing the right buttons

like mine doh

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

DeimosRising posted:

This is healthy. But you're not the worst, I remember when the Suns and Celtics (sorry CBM) were good, it was hideous.

I remember that hunter x az guy being the most obnoxious Suns fan of all time. These days the few fans that are still around online are pretty chill but 7 years of futility will temper any fanbase.

Honestly, that Stoudemire/Diaw suspension after Horry hip checked Nash into the scorers table just broke a lot of Suns fans minds.

e: what ever happened to HooverDam, he had a sweet av

Space Camp fuckup fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Jun 8, 2017

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

predicto posted:

If you have any evidence of anyone doing what Zaza did, traveling like 8 feet and then putting his foot a couple feet behind the shooter I'd like to see it.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

predicto posted:

i think its more about the history of each of those players that help people clarify intention

for instance- draymond green is a serial nut kicker so when he kicks nuts it reminds us of the countless times he's done it before. when a behavior is endlessly repeated the likelihood of coincidence or bad luck diminishes

zaza is also known as a dirty player. he has a history of doing dangerous, stupid, and vicious poo poo. spurs fans know him very well because he got thrown out of a game we played against the mavs last year after doing poo poo like trying to hurt kawhi and elbowing david west in the face. when zaza was brought on by the warriors my first thought was that he was there to be an even more goony version of bogut. and look, he was! he saved them from their only potential loss by taking out MVP nominee Kawhi Leonard.

anyway, accusations of intent typically only manifest after incidences become behaviors and players develop reputations

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

for instance a reputation as a fanbase of having dudes scour over films for lovely Gotcha's involving plays that look nothing alike

• Locked thread