Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Taintrunner posted:

many bernie bros voted Hillary because they believed in compromising with liberals for a greater good. now it's liberals turn to compromise in the U.K. and you want to defend their complete and utter hypocrisy

i do not, actually. the lady who wrote the wizard books is an idiot who should be voting red, obviously. i made a simple statement calling you out for saying something stupid, then you decided you had to start spinning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sexpig by night posted:

welfare queen literally was invented to create a lie about lazy poors living high on the hog. If you wanna use a word that's always been an insult to describe someone just call her a oval office or something, it's way more bang for the shock value buck and it's regionally fitting.

when the truth is that we have lazy rich people living high on the hog thanks to governments that refuse to make them pay their fair share whether it's from ridiculous tax cuts or actively practicing tax evasion, and they live like actual royalty because of this.

it is welfare paid by the poors into a dysfunctional government for the benefit of the rich.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

LF hates women lol

just the rich ones

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Tacky-rear end Rococco posted:

as an aside, i don't use twitter, so I'm still not exactly sure what "woke" means.

if you want to take "literally a welfare queen" to mean "figuratively not really a welfare queen using any standard meaning for that phrase," again, go ahead. keep on never holding yourselves responsible for any of your own rhetoric, it's no skin off my nose if you continue to repulse people.

Honest question here, I'm not joking and I'm not trying to make fun of you. Are you actually autistic?

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
i love making the argument that this particular rich woman is not voting labour because she's a notorious tax avoider about the one rich woman who provably pays her taxes honestly over and over again

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me. I'd fuck me hard.

https://twitter.com/abiroreibi/status/872787439772983296

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

that's a bigly

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Honest question here, I'm not joking and I'm not trying to make fun of you. Are you actually autistic?

charming.

and i must meme
Jan 15, 2017

kill every old

i always thought that people became bitter and more conservative as they aged but apparently the current olds have always voted tory

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
well the LFers itt are super bitter already and i suppose it is only a matter of time until they ferment into tories

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Guys I just wanted to make fun of wizard book lady because she is so mad at the idea of poor people getting less poor that she's encouraging her fans to vote for the conservative party's feudal vassal

stop making it about whatever this is about

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

and i must meme posted:

kill every old

i always thought that people became bitter and more conservative as they aged but apparently the current olds have always voted tory

The fact that the equal point is 34 years old says a lot

Trump's biggest demo was 45-64 (white people); what's wrong with English 30-40somethings

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

loquacius posted:

The fact that the equal point is 34 years old says a lot

Trump's biggest demo was 45-64 (white people); what's wrong with English 30-40somethings

the UKs status quo is much more restrained and nicer than the US

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

an important thing to note as well that most people still alive who actually experienced WW2 which admittedly has shrunk a lot recently vote labour overwhelmingly

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

from graun liveblog

She got put through and was told that I was ineligible to vote as a Polish citizen. Well, wasn’t I glad to whip out my British passport and wave it in her face. And then whoever was at the end of the line started crumbling. Oh, it’s a clerical error they say. She is indeed a UK citizen. So what do I do? asked the nice lady. ‘Give her a ballot and mark a clerical error in your register’ they said.

So that was that. They said at the station that there had been four other people who were refused the ballot there despite being apparently naturalised and registered, but they didn’t persevere like I did, and walked away.

I voted, smiled, and left. With a very high blood pressure rate, for sure. Well, that’s how elections are won and lost, and citizens categorised as A or B (yes, those of us who may be a G).

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

gloibal investment fiorum

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

lynch this money having woman for having the slightly wrong opinion!!!!

this but unironically

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

LF hates women lol

*creeps on kate beaton*

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Aliquid posted:

this but unironically

Being so afraid of something that you cause it to happen...

🤔

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
When do the polls close? UK is all one time zone, really, right?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

10pm which is when exit polls tell us whats happening

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

well the LFers itt are super bitter already and i suppose it is only a matter of time until they ferment into tories

guess we'll just be catching up to you

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Sweet lord, you can vote until 10 pm in the UK? Here we are lucky if we can vote after 6PM.

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

i do not, actually. the lady who wrote the wizard books is an idiot who should be voting red, obviously. i made a simple statement calling you out for saying something stupid, then you decided you had to start spinning.

are you fishmech? you seriously post just like him

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Karl Barks posted:

guess we'll just be catching up to you

jokes on you buddy im a jam boy

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Jose posted:

10pm which is when exit polls tell us whats happening

*all the americans reading this thread raise their eyebrows simultaneously*

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

nice, just 4 more years till i can join the dark side. i'm getting pretty tired of 'having empathy' and poo poo. :c00l:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

pathetic little tramp posted:

Sweet lord, you can vote until 10 pm in the UK? Here we are lucky if we can vote after 6PM.

Coincidentally, 10PM GMT is 6PM Eastern so if you're a coastboi like me that's the time to look out for

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

loquacius posted:

Coincidentally, 10PM GMT is 6PM Eastern so if you're a coastboi like me that's the time to look out for

think you're an hour ahead there

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Karl Barks posted:

are you fishmech? you seriously post just like him

see pk, this guy at least shows some manners and discretion about calling people autistic.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

see pk, this guy at least shows some manners and discretion about calling people autistic.

I'm not hearing a no.

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star

I, for one, appreciate your extremely detail-oriented posting style. Thank you for your service.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
even the national review is making GBS threads on may lol

https://twitter.com/nro/status/872884194648748033

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

fishmech isn't autistic, so you're now basically doing the same thing you've accused pk of doing

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I'm not hearing a no.

lol i literally just pointed out to you how repulsive you are earlier today and this is the tack you take.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

even the national review is making GBS threads on may lol

https://twitter.com/nro/status/872884194648748033

shes never getting another chance at a GE. I can see them letting her take the blame for brexit going to poo poo but the economy collapsing gets blamed on whoever is in charge when it happened whether they could have stopped it

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

When are the results

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lol i literally just pointed out to you how repulsive you are earlier today and this is the tack you take.

can you gently caress off an argue in some thread that isn't about british politics on the day of a loving general election

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Karl Barks posted:

fishmech isn't autistic, so you're now basically doing the same thing you've accused pk of doing

oh, sorry, i thought you were using fishmech as forums shorthand. that would have at least made more sense. no, i am not literally :fishmech: