Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

The badness of the previous episode must've been a sign of major production problems for them to have to do a clip show to buy time. The season will probably still run for the correct number of episodes and this clip show won't count as an episode.
That's the bizarre thing about anime. It's produced on such tight deadlines that this stuff can happen. Every animated show I've been on has had production delays, but since the episodes weren't going to air for months after completion, it wasn't a big deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

They might not have been redone.
gently caress if I'm re-watching 2016 to see if those scenes I don't recall being 2D animation were 2D back then.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

I just re-watched/finished 2016 so I'd know but I feel like I've gotta really psych myself up to watch a clip show... :smith:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

lmao at everyone grumbling as they force themselves to watch a bad show

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

U-DO Burger posted:

A clip show of a bad show.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

My old roommate and I just blasted through both seasons this weekend. His wife walked in, looked at the TV, and said she was rethinking the whole marriage thing. I don't even think she knew it was an anime, but thought it was just some weird video game with half naked people running around with no nipples.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Dodged a bullet

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

U-DO Burger posted:

I'm genuinely enjoying Berserk 2016, although not for even remotely the same reasons I enjoy the comic.

I'm not watching the clip show though because lol

Bloodyshinta1
Aug 6, 2010

Anyone else think he kinda looks like Akuma?

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Bloodyshinta1 posted:

only the people who posted a comic that relies on that joke on the last page, i'm sure

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Bloodyshinta1 posted:

nah akuma debuted after him so other way around

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Bloodyshinta1 posted:

Aren't they both supposed to look like Japanese ogres?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I think Akuma's name in Japan can mean "Great Ogre" so yeh, probs

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Yeah, they all are based on the classical oni look.That's why Gouki/Akuma becomes "Oni" In SSF4 when he fuly embraces his fighting desire. They're both based around the same trope.

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

So quick question about old theories: are people still onboard the "Caska's going back to Griffith!" train, or has that finally left the station? Reading through the thread was pretty wearying when coming across those posts repeatedly - now that we're actually going to get to the eclipse (when is the next chapter anyway?), is there anyone waiting for the "But I love him anyway!" moment?

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.

Cavelcade posted:

(when is the next chapter anyway?), is there anyone waiting for the "But I love him anyway!" moment?

Sometime around the 25th, and roughly one third to half of all people who post about Berserk on reddit. It is an insanely tiresome idea.

Bloodyshinta1
Aug 6, 2010

LordMune posted:

Sometime around the 25th, and roughly one third to half of all people who post about Berserk on reddit. It is an insanely tiresome idea.

I mean if they way they fix her is to get rid of the memory it's a possible outcome.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Cavelcade posted:

So quick question about old theories: are people still onboard the "Caska's going back to Griffith!" train, or has that finally left the station? Reading through the thread was pretty wearying when coming across those posts repeatedly - now that we're actually going to get to the eclipse (when is the next chapter anyway?), is there anyone waiting for the "But I love him anyway!" moment?

She loves guts, like very obviously loves him and thinks of Griffith as someone who helped her become who she is and not as a true love interest compared to guts, so if she went back to him it wouldn't be because she 'still loves him' romantically. I'm sure she still cares about the man she knew somewhere in there.

I really don't know what she'll do, though.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Casca was mad at Guts for risking the lives of the Band of the Hawk out of selfishness, and took up the mantle even when everything was completely hosed and he and Griffith were both effectively out of the picture.

You think Guts hates Griffith...

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Casca was mad at Guts for risking the lives of the Band of the Hawk out of selfishness, and took up the mantle even when everything was completely hosed and he and Griffith were both effectively out of the picture.

That's a good point. Casca's desire for revenge might be the impetus for leaving Elfhelm. Guts got to run around killing evil spirits and apostles for a few years and was able to calm down, but that wound will still be raw for her. Especially if she finds out Griffith is in the physical realm and can actually be harmed....

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
That would be a funny twist. Skull Knight was all "what you want may not be what she wants". Now that we see Guts softening up and starting to accept being a part of this new band of misfits, for that bit of foreshadowing to still apply you could have Casca start planning a suicide attack on falconia

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

I'd be pretty stoked to see Casca kicking some rear end.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Woebin posted:

I'd be pretty stoked to see Casca kicking some rear end.

Don't invoke the monkey's paw. We have Berserk 2016/7, no need to make such a loaded wish.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Casca using the beheilt would be the darkest timeline.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Grognan posted:

Casca using the beheilt would be the darkest timeline.

She literally can't, and neither can Guts. The branded can't make deals with the God Hand.

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!

Begemot posted:

She literally can't, and neither can Guts. The branded can't make deals with the God Hand.
Says who?

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

Begemot posted:

I thought that it was fate, or that greater evil responsible for those things, so if it is linked to one of them, then they have to abide by the rules, as long as they sacrifice someone important in their lives.

BlackCircle
Oct 21, 2005

I did Nazi that butt coming

Begemot posted:

Its never actually stated that branded can't make a deal. Its stated in the Black Swordsman arc that a branded person can't be branded again to make a new deal.

So it might be entirely possible to make a deal as a branded person. The question I would wonder is if a person can make a deal to remove their brand and go about living a normal life.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

BlackCircle posted:

Its never actually stated that branded can't make a deal. Its stated in the Black Swordsman arc that a branded person can't be branded again to make a new deal.

So it might be entirely possible to make a deal as a branded person. The question I would wonder is if a person can make a deal to remove their brand and go about living a normal life.

Ah yeah, that's what I was thinking of. It did seem like the God Hand would not be willing, since that person's fate is sealed by the previous bargain, but if it's something like that then maybe.

That would definitely feel like bad writing, though. Like Miura just reaching for the worst outcome instead of something that actually makes sense.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Slan is trying to encourage Guts to use Betchi when the he "kills her" in Millennium Falcon.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

But does leaving sacrifices alive leave that apostle weaker? Is void at less than full power because of skull knight? Is Griffith at less because of Guts and Casca?

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Guts's sword is going to use the behilit to become an apostle sword for Griffith to use

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
Guts is probably going to turn into something similar to the skull knight given he is wearing his old armour, and that seems to be linked to his transformation. At the very least he is headed down that path.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Probably, but there'll be a point of divergence where Skully went the wrong way and he'll shepherd Guts down the right path, maybe the cost of his own life.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

U-DO Burger posted:

Guts's sword is going to use the behilit to become an apostle sword for Griffith to use

He's actually going to stab the skull knight and turn his sword into a the soul edge and cut griffith in half. I know this because my uncle works at Miura and told me so.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Slan is trying to encourage Guts to use Betchi when the he "kills her" in Millennium Falcon.

Earlier when she talks about something like that, doesn't one of the other god hand correct her and say he can't because he's griffith's sacrifice?

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!

Nuebot posted:

Earlier when she talks about something like that, doesn't one of the other god hand correct her and say he can't because he's griffith's sacrifice?
I can't prove the Loch Ness Monster doesn't exist. Slan does suggest that Guts sacrifice in Qliphoth and there is a clear image of an aligned Behelit shuddering. So what's this conversation you're speculating about?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

The branded can't be sacrificed again, is the actual content of the conversation I think you're misremembering, maybe

Jimmybob
Mar 7, 2005
Way the hell back in volume 3, chapter 5, when the slug count's behelit activates and him and Guts go to the Godhand world, Slan says she would love it if Guts could become one of theirs. That fat one (Conrad or Ubik, can't remember) replies that Gut's hasn't been ordained by the laws of fate, so he cannot be among them. That conversation happened so long ago I don't even know if it means anything anymore.

Metal Pink Babble
Mar 31, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Nuebot posted:

He's actually going to stab the skull knight and turn his sword into a the soul edge and cut griffith in half. I know this because my uncle works at Miura and told me so.

Excuse me sir, but my uncle at young animal weekly is a patented gimmick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I think she'll still love him deep down, but because she also loved the Hawks, Griffith needs to die for what he's done. Go with him just to look for an oppertunity to strike.

I want Caska to return clever and vicious.

Cake Attack posted:

The branded can't be sacrificed again, is the actual content of the conversation I think you're misremembering, maybe

However, most don't survive like Guts does and if he could defy fate enough to maybe use the Behlit, Slaan would absolutely love what sort of rage and carnage he'd unleash from that sort of action. There isn't exactly any rule that a sacrifice couldn't sacrifice someone else, correct? They usually just never get the opportunity to do so.

When The Count tries to offer up Guts as his second sacrifice, the Godhand first say that he doesn't mean anything to him, thus he cannot be a proper sacrifice. And also say that he was someone else's, probably loving up remembering the conversation though.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Jun 9, 2017