Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
That reminds me of the shiva sisters in ff13 where they'd combine into a motorcycle.

That reminds me of how ff13 didn't feature ark in any way, shape, or form. What the hell square, he was right there, you already had an eidolon that was also a transformer, :cmon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Nina posted:

What the hell is even going on in the fourth one I'm so confused

a guy is riding a woman motorcycle who's legs and shoulders function as the wheels and who's arms function as the steering, while firing a gun

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

FirstAidKite posted:

That reminds me of the shiva sisters in ff13 where they'd combine into a motorcycle.

That reminds me of how ff13 didn't feature ark in any way, shape, or form. What the hell square, he was right there, you already had an eidolon that was also a transformer, :cmon:

*waits through a five minute cinematic for a capped 9,999 damage that steiner can do with a three-second attack*

cool

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

Final Fantasy 14 has Ark has a boss fight though!

Also a combining super robot.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Mak0rz posted:

*waits through a five minute cinematic for a capped 9,999 damage that steiner can do with a three-second attack*

cool

It was a really cool cinematic

I wish FF9 let you summon ark's counterpart Alexander tho even though I know that wouldn't make any sense

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)

The Colonel posted:

a guy is riding a woman motorcycle who's legs and shoulders function as the wheels and who's arms function as the steering, while firing a gun

It's like one of those really bizarre super specific fetish tumblrs

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

FirstAidKite posted:

Actually it was super helpful when fighting Ozma because the auto-haste/regen meant everyone had max HP by the time the attack hit.

It ran the risk of healing 10k back to it but that's easy enough to whittle away again.

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"
Hi everyone,

Tales of Berseria is very good.

That is all.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Is anyone else having an issue where clicking the Go To Newpost thing on the topic list frequently just does nothing? Like the tab will think it's started loading something now but it will eventually just end on an unchanged topic list.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Someone's trying to ransom Cyberpunk 2077 assets, apparently

https://twitter.com/CDPROJEKTRED/status/872840969795899394

Is it just me or is this loving crazy?! Has such a thing happened before?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Dr Cheeto posted:

I feel like something like this might've happened with half-life 2 back when it was in development, but I'm not entirely sure.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

Dr Cheeto posted:

countdown until they show up in lovely unity asset games

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Russian hackers interfering with our elections/the foundation of our democracy is one thing. But this is too much. A line has been crossed.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Terraria had that happen with a test build given out to a streamer. He tried to hold it hostage, but redigit didn't fall for it, so he dumped it online. Fearing it would hurt sales, redigit released terraria earlier than planned, though in a finished enough state. The leaked version was a pretty lovely version anyways and still had final fantasy sprites for the player character.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The game features hackers and corporate espionage, this is a setup for an ARG

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

DalaranJ posted:

It's prehensile, so she'll be fine.

So it's a danger to others more than herself

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Dr Cheeto posted:

Probably a failed ransomware attack. They encrypted a computer with the assets but Project Red aren't dopes and had secure backups. So this is the only leverage they have left.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

FirstAidKite posted:

I feel like something like this might've happened with half-life 2 back when it was in development, but I'm not entirely sure.

Half-Life 2 leaked but they didn't try to leverage it, just spread it around like any other warez.

Recently a post-production company was hacked and a bunch of TV and media assets were stolen and held for ransom, like the first few episodes of the new OITNB season. Maybe they were also working with CD Projekt Red?

Ransomware is typically automated and wouldn't threaten to reveal anything, just demand bitcoins with no direct contact with the attackers.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

The Colonel posted:

NSFW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pu6uY_78XBU&t=2500s

Why, anime?!

Because, anime.

void_serfer fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Jun 8, 2017

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Dr Cheeto posted:

These pre-E3 ARGs are just getting more and more convoluted.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

I wish FF9 let you summon ark's counterpart Alexander tho even though I know that wouldn't make any sense

The cutscene featuring Alexander is amazing though

Practically all of FF9's cutscenes are amazing

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Looper posted:

The cutscene featuring Alexander is amazing though

Practically all of FF9's cutscenes are amazing

What's the name of the one that uses the gravity black hole one? The one they use against Lindblum?

Atmos? I wanna say Atmos but I don't think that's right.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

What's the name of the one that uses the gravity black hole one? The one they use against Lindblum?

Atmos? I wanna say Atmos but I don't think that's right.

Atmos/Atomos, yeah!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
God, the eidolons really were just massively destructive pricks in that game. I mean, not their fault, but jeeze, all that damage, all those towns and places just completely or almost completely wiped out.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Finished chapter 1 of ffxv. I love the combat, hate how much distance there is between things, and hate the unskippable cutscenes.

Heres to 25 more hours of the main story

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

more like there's final fantasy xv hours of story left

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

precision posted:

I really enjoyed that game, like a whole lot. It felt realistic in ways no other game has managed yet. In a way, the emptiness of the town helped it feel more real. Voice acting was top notch and the mysteries actually felt pretty cool to unravel (until the end, lol)

Yeah the last few cases are very on rails and the finale is pretty dumb for a game about detecting, but the plot and characters carried it for me.

I really feel like the open world, gunplay, chases etc. could've not been in the game and it'd still be a very strong game and probably not have bankrupted the devs. But I guess they're neat and help break up the investigation segments. It is a bit absurd to consider how many people Phelps kills through the game due to all those cover shooting segments, though, especially if you factor in the street crimes. Hero Cole Phelps, murdered 500 people while on duty in 2 years.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCA3j59IrfQ

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Lol, good joke trailer.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

FirstAidKite posted:

God, the eidolons really were just massively destructive pricks in that game. I mean, not their fault, but jeeze, all that damage, all those towns and places just completely or almost completely wiped out.

"I AM ODIN. THE ALLFATHER OF THE AESIR AND GOD OF WAR, KNOWLEDGE, AND WISDOM. WHY HAVE YOU SUMMONED ME?"

"I need you to gently caress up that tree."

"..."

"There's rats in it!"

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

"Reality TV", Bubsy is certainly on the spot with cutting-edge social satire

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

thehoodie posted:

Hi everyone,

Tales of Berseria is very good.

That is all.

I need to get around to finishing that. And Horizon. And Nier Automata. And FF15 and all the other games I've bought on whims. Curse you employment!

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

This looks worse than the old 1993 version.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

late80sanime.wmv

:drat: nostalgia bomb for me with this.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Who the hell decided Bubsy needed to come back?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Raxivace posted:

Me, actually.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Raxivace posted:

people have been ironically referencing it as of late a disturbing number of times(read: any) and some goobers thought that it was serious and not laughing at one of the worst knockoff mascots of the 16-bit era, is my hot take

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

CJacobs posted:

Me, actually.
You're a bad person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
This is the worst use of the power of memes in the last year, hands down.

• Locked thread