Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what is the package of cards that makes daria its own archetype? I just opened her in a pack and she is obviously excellent on first glance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Fauxtool posted:

what is the package of cards that makes daria its own archetype? I just opened her in a pack and she is obviously excellent on first glance

The list I'm running has Daria, Ogler, Blade Mage, and Witchette Emmylou as spellboost creatures, Craig, Wizard of Mysteria and Clarke, Arcane Scholar as enablers, and then everything else is Levi or a spell

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

craig, clarke, ogler, blade mage, emmylou

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Here's a write-up too (probably outdated): https://shadowverse.gamepress.gg/deck-archetype/daria-runecraft

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

finally opened a belphegor :woop: fitting since i had 2 different blood dailies today. midrange won 3 in a row against mid shadow.

i have one more dshift to make because i figured why not now that merlin isnt really needed, then it is on to 2 more belphs and killing myself.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

Leaks have already started appearing for the next set.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Shadowverse/comments/6e6vx2/first_8_cards_leaked_from_famitsu/

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
That blood card is pretty rad

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Jimmy Hats posted:

That blood card is pretty rad

Yeah a 4pp Blackened Scripture smushed together with a 3/4 body and a drawback that pushes you toward Vengence but shuts off once you're in Vengeance is awesome. Feels like an Orthrus level board swing.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

generally not what you think of when you hear dragon otk

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

BGrifter posted:

Yeah a 4pp Blackened Scripture smushed together with a 3/4 body and a drawback that pushes you toward Vengence but shuts off once you're in Vengeance is awesome. Feels like an Orthrus level board swing.

Also full evo stats, unlike cudgel.

They're doing ranked rewards for June as well.

https://steam.shadowverse.com/news?announce_id=274

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
This expansion already wins because you can get this

Also looks like they're finally using new art?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

the hedgehog is extremely cute and i demand his sleeve be the first one available.

speaking of, this month the easy one is lou and the hard one is rahab

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

1 year birthday details https://shadowverse.com/news/important/news-0115

40 various packs + 6 t2 tickets + double daily mission gold

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Holy poo poo, 40 packs for free, make it rain on me, Cygames-chan.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, I just did my dailies after one month of not playing (The meta was dumb as all gently caress). I guess I'll accumulate some gold to roll total poo poo in the next expansion.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Based on my personal experience laddering (just hit A0), Daria is really really good in the low-tier meta and I'm astonished I haven't seen even one enemy Daria the entire time I've spent getting here. She might be bad in Master or whatever but semi-consistent turn 6 kills and turn 7 kills even with bad hands are really good against the meta I'm seeing here

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
On the other hand D-Shift on low ranks is suffering because you WILL get rushed before you can do poo poo.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Daria is the same as always. The highest of high rolls, the lowest of low rolls. It just loses more of the games in the middle than before.

I wouldn't enjoy playing a deck that utterly shits the bed in 1/3rd of it's games, but to each their own. :shrug:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

BGrifter posted:

Daria is the same as always. The highest of high rolls, the lowest of low rolls. It just loses more of the games in the middle than before.

I wouldn't enjoy playing a deck that utterly shits the bed in 1/3rd of it's games, but to each their own. :shrug:

making GBS threads the bed 1/3 of the time has not been my experience with the deck

It's possible I'm just running hot but basically any hand with spellboost creatures has a fighting chance (at least in the tier I'm playing in)

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Give it time, it'll even out.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

cheetah7071 posted:

making GBS threads the bed 1/3 of the time has not been my experience with the deck

It's possible I'm just running hot but basically any hand with spellboost creatures has a fighting chance (at least in the tier I'm playing in)

You're running ridiculously hot. I ran Daria back when it was broken and made it through A ranks with it, and yeah, it's just entirely RNG if you're going to god draw or just build a house with your hand.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
I just had someone at 11 life White Knight and evolve into a full board with double Yurius. :stare:

Razor Clawed him in the face for the last point of damage as he force quit to make me wait a minute for the win.

BGrifter fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Jun 5, 2017

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

BGrifter posted:

I just had someone at 11 life White Knight and evolve into a full board with double Yurius. :stare:

Razor Clawed him in the face for the last point of damage as he force quit to make me wait a minute for the win.

I assume you mean White Paladin. White Knight is the 7pp restores all defense follower in Haven. But yeah, sometimes people do really stupid things against Yurius.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Yeah White Paladin, whoops. It's always satisfying when the opponent Phantom Howls into them then immediately concedes.

In completely unrelated news, I'm at a loss for how this company is making any money. I'm sitting on 31.5k vials, 1115 gold now that I've started banking for the next expansion and 17 Take Two tickets to burn off. Shadowverse is by a country mile the most generous mobile game I've ever come across.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The answer is always the asia market. The kinds of people who want a complete collection and drop $200 on every expansion

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

Or people who have to have the cards early right away. Or people who chase specific animated legendaries.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
I'm sure there are whales. But the generosity of free packs is sooooooooo far out of whack with every other F2P title I've ever played it's almost jarring. Marvel Future Fight is kind of the gold standard in F2P generosity and MFF looks downright stingy compared to Shadowverse.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

BGrifter posted:

I'm sure there are whales. But the generosity of free packs is sooooooooo far out of whack with every other F2P title I've ever played it's almost jarring. Marvel Future Fight is kind of the gold standard in F2P generosity and MFF looks downright stingy compared to Shadowverse.

It's just the standard generosity from big-name JP mobages. The whole thing is banked on whales and waifus.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

trucutru posted:

It's just the standard generosity from big-name JP mobages. The whole thing is banked on whales and waifus.

Eh, but that's the thing, Shadowverse is actually way more generous than most mobage games. MFF and Brave Exvius are probably the two closest contenders and even then it doesn't come nowhere close to how much gold and packs this game drops on you. I'm assuming that's them trying to compete with Hearthstone by being a more appealing F2P game.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Ok. Non-squenix mobages. PAD is really generous and I heard that grand blue fantasy is too (Unless you want the latest waifu, then you're hosed)

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Yeah Shadowverse blows away all the stuff I've played. I've put in significant amounts of time over the years with Puzzle & Dragons, Guardian Cross, Rage of Bahamut, Marvel War of Heroes, Marvel Future Fight, Marvel Puzzle Quest, Clash Royale and more. None of them are even in the same ballpark as Shadowverse.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Yeah, even Cygames own Granblue isn't anywhere near as generous, probably because they know it's one of the big whale mobage.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
Lots of cards have been revealed so far. Any thoughts on which classes are going to make the most out of the big push toward neutral synergy?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I desperately hope the answer isn't all of them

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Card pack-o-rama is starting tomorrow!

E: They also spoiled some more cards, looks like!

https://shadowverse.com/cardpack/wonderlanddreams/

That bloodcraft legendary is really neat, even if I'm not a huge fan of aggro decks.

E:E: Though I suppose she'd have a lot of mileage in a mid-range Tempo deal. Could give things like executioner's axe some room to actually get played, maybe?

The Duchess Smackarse fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Jun 12, 2017

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Yeah I just saw the Bloodcraft Legendary on Reddit, it's perfect. The 666 is a nice touch, it's searchable with Baphomet and the effect persists after it dies.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I'm curious if the effect will stack with each play. It would be extremely nasty if it does.

E: If it does, maybe use feena and goblin mage to tutor Baphomet to tutor Carbosse, then just play a control game while your enemy is on a hard timer they can't remove.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

if you are talking about the one that stops you gaining pp it does stack if you play more than 1

im not sure how good it is going to be though. i think its probably too slow for aggro/vengeance. maybe control blood will make a comeback.

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009
Big knuckle body guard seems nice in vengeance bloodcraft. The only problem is it comes down the same turn you'd play belphegor if you've drawn it.

Not looking forward to playing against council.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Awesome! posted:

if you are talking about the one that stops you gaining pp it does stack if you play more than 1

im not sure how good it is going to be though. i think its probably too slow for aggro/vengeance. maybe control blood will make a comeback.

I mean, a lot of aggro blood decks tend to run out of cards in and around that 6th turn, so having a permanent 'draw 2' would give them a second wind, I think!

Mr. Whale posted:

Big knuckle body guard seems nice in vengeance bloodcraft.

Big knuckle bodyguard is going to be good in every blood deck. His ability as it is worded doesn't require vengeance to be active to destroy something: vengeance only affects whether or not you take damage.

• Locked thread