Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
lol

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/08/politics/marc-kasowitz-statement-trump-comey/index.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I think one cool consequence of Trumps presidency is how many more Americans are paying attention to politics and things

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
alternative lawyer

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

SHOAH NUFF posted:

I think one cool consequence of Trumps presidency is how many more Americans are paying attention to politics and things

Shut your rear end up

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

The better version is the version showing that a named partner at a biglaw firm defending the President of the United States can't spell President.

https://twitter.com/davidmackau/status/872877738478227457

e:I guess it's there, but not in the headline.

ulmont fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Jun 8, 2017

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

President is a hard word to spell right okay

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

yessss the typo is intact.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Hires the best.

https://twitter.com/JenniferJJacobs/status/872888357201825792

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Starting our your statement by saying "No evidence Russia changed a single vote" when it was never the topic of conversation is like your wife catching you loving the babysitter and being like "Well, at least you admit there is no evidence I am also loving my secretary"

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Starting our your statement by saying "No evidence Russia changed a single vote" when it was never the topic of conversation is like your wife catching you loving the babysitter and being like "Well, at least you admit there is no evidence I am also loving my secretary"

One of the senators did ask that question.

Nov 6, 2002

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

ulmont posted:

One of the senators did ask that question.

yeah but its like bringing up the pee tape months later. It was such a minor thing no one cared about and the fact they lead with it says something

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

I wish this had video so it could get the veep treatment

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Donald Trump's farewell address:

"The Aristocrats"

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs
Paul Ryan said with a straight face the GOP wouldn't try to impeach a Democrat if they were accused of the same actions as Trump.

gently caress you Paul Ryan.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
The fucks we are buying the house from said the roof was new but the most recent permit to replace the roof was 2000. Prior to that was 1989. So it's older than the roof it replaced.

I hate people.

:sigh:

Nov 6, 2002

Uh, did you not hire a home inspector? That would be a pretty big mistake.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

How do you think we found this out smart feller

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

E: well okay then

Nov 6, 2002

Spoeank posted:

How do you think we found this out smart feller

The idea is to hire one before you close. Didn't you say you already closed?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

no poo poo that's what we're doing.

Hence the house we are buying

as in, it's in process

as in, it's not closed

I'm really annoyed I gotta drop $500 to find out these people lied

Nov 6, 2002

Ah, my bad! Yes, people lie and/or are ignorant about the state of their home constantly.

A home inspection is never a waste. This is something I AM an expert in - been in the real estate industry for over a decade. Even if it's brand new construction, from a builder with an impeccable reputation, you get an inspection done. Keeps the honest honest.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Jun 8, 2017

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Ah, my bad! Yes, people lie and/or are ignorant about the state of their home constantly.

A home inspection is never a waste. This is something I AM an expert in - been in the real estate industry for over a decade. Even if it's brand new construction, from a builder with an impeccable reputation, you get an inspection done. Keeps the honest honest.

:clint:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Spoeank posted:

no poo poo that's what we're doing.

Hence the house we are buying

as in, it's in process

as in, it's not closed

I'm really annoyed I gotta drop $500 to find out these people lied

Can you roll that into your offer? ie if it cost $500, work with them to lower your offer $500 so it is a push?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

weird Asian candy posted:

Can you roll that into your offer? ie if it cost $500, work with them to lower your offer $500 so it is a push?

Not really, it's an expected cost of buying a house to get an inspection.

If it turns up things like it needs a new roof, that's what you're negotiating your offer based on.

Nov 6, 2002

Yeah, now he can come back and ding them with a lower offer, or ask for money back at closing to pay for a new roof. That is of course assuming they made their original offer contingent on the inspection.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Also if you ever get one done, it's very important that you go through it with the inspector and take note of every little thing they point out because that will help you a lot of information about what to look for when looking at other houses in the future

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Staff retreat I'm on going well

Nov 6, 2002

Yeah, and the reality is that $500 just saved him thousands on a new roof.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I got off the phone with our agent who is one of our good friends and also a bulldog.

Apparently, the guy listing the house is a schmuck who she's done one other deal with and he failed to disclose poo poo on that house too. She thought it was a one off but now it's a pattern.

She's going to push for them paying for a new roof to be done during their rent back period so it's brand new when we move in, or to pay for parts that need repair and to cover a major portion if not all of closing costs.

Closing costs are gonna be more than a new roof on a cursory glance so I'm really hoping for the latter we gotta spend the cash one way or the other. I'd rather stay more liquid now because I gotta buy a bunch of poo poo for a house and save up knowing I need a roof in the near future

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

^ Right on! Let us know if you need a goon army to show up at that dude's house. We may all have bad backs and torn calves but he doesn't need to know that :smug:

Kalli posted:

Not really, it's an expected cost of buying a house to get an inspection.

If it turns up things like it needs a new roof, that's what you're negotiating your offer based on.

Yeah, you are right. That's what I was thinking but it came out wrong cuz I'm dumb

Nov 6, 2002

Spoeank posted:

I got off the phone with our agent who is one of our good friends and also a bulldog.

Apparently, the guy listing the house is a schmuck who she's done one other deal with and he failed to disclose poo poo on that house too. She thought it was a one off but now it's a pattern.

She's going to push for them paying for a new roof to be done during their rent back period so it's brand new when we move in, or to pay for parts that need repair and to cover a major portion if not all of closing costs.

Closing costs are gonna be more than a new roof on a cursory glance so I'm really hoping for the latter we gotta spend the cash one way or the other. I'd rather stay more liquid now because I gotta buy a bunch of poo poo for a house and save up knowing I need a roof in the near future

This is always the stuff that stresses you out and keeps you awake at night. But don't sweat it bro, it all works out.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I enjoy my new roof that I paid $1600 for right when the old one was 20 years old thanks to a timely hail storm :getin:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The day after I moved into my house I spent something like $900 on random things at Lowe's.

Also check to see if your state has any energy efficiency programs like MassSave. They came in, replaced every light bulb and showerhead in the house for free then paid 90% of the cost to re-insulate the attic and had an interest free loan to get the heating unit replaced.

Intruder posted:

I enjoy my new roof that I paid $1600 for right when the old one was 20 years old thanks to a timely hail storm :getin:

My parent's house had a hundred year old ceramic tile roof so it wasn't until I was buying a house that I had fully realized you had to actually replace roofs.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Also when I was house hunting we did put our earnest money down on a house that we had already paid to have inspected and our realtor decided to climb onto the roof because it looked odd to him and the roof was utterly shot. So hiring an inspector isn't even necessarily going to cover you completely. Bitched the dude out but no $ back

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Also the first house I was going to buy was a total mess of a place that was listed at like 30% below everything else in the area.

We toured it, saw it needed some work, and got to the point where I got an inspection.

Then I found out I was a loving idiot who didn't know the first thing about what to look for in a house.

Nov 6, 2002

Intruder posted:

Also when I was house hunting we did put our earnest money down on a house that we had already paid to have inspected and our realtor decided to climb onto the roof because it looked odd to him and the roof was utterly shot. So hiring an inspector isn't even necessarily going to cover you completely. Bitched the dude out but no $ back

I mean, technically you could have sued him. Reputable inspectors carry E&O insurance to cover that kind of stuff.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Spoeank posted:

You don't want the sellers picking who does the roof, they'll go for the absolute cheapest possible option. It's much better to get the cash and then have it done yourself.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

I mean, technically you could have sued him. Reputable inspectors carry E&O insurance to cover that kind of stuff.

Hell I was just glad we got our earnest money back. The homeowners refused to do anything about the roof. The enormous backyard was about half the size of a football field (because of a gas pipe running underneath it which prevented the opposite house from being build any closer), which in hindsight would have been a huge pain to maintain but it was one of the things that really appealed to me at the time

Buying a house is a huge pain. There was one owner who refused to budge on the price because she had already lowered it... six months before. House had been on the market for two years. Good luck, lady

e: A third house had these weird electrical problems where if you turn on a light in one room they'd dim elsewhere, if you ran the microwave everything dimmed or went out, etc. But it was wayyyyy below market value for the area, so we tried to see if an electrician could fuss out what the deal was but we eventually just abandoned that one

Intruder fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Jun 8, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future
I'm also putting offers on places right now...in the Bay. loving. Kill. Me.

• Locked thread