Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib
I wouldn't say it is impossible but it is highly unlikely you can go from being an unconfident dweeb to being an over-confident chad. I suppose using too much Axe could put you over the edge though...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Weed is actually possibly addictive, the new waxes can make it 100 times as strong as stuff from the hippy era and research on it is just starting.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

got any sevens posted:

Weed is actually possibly addictive, the new waxes can make it 100 times as strong as stuff from the hippy era and research on it is just starting.

If you can have demonstrable and measurable withdrawal symptoms resulting from being denied access to Facebook for twelve hours, you sure as poo poo can be addicted to weed. We all know at least one person who can't go ten guddamn minutes without lighting up.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

got any sevens posted:

I mean, even if it's not physically addictive like alcohol or cigarettes, it can definitely be psychologically addictive like video games or gambling. It sounds like cocaine goon definitely isn't super thrilled with his life right now, so if he's got an addictive personality I could see his addiction just hopping from cocaine over to weed. To be fair that's definitely an improvement, but would still maybe need to be addressed eventually.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

got any sevens posted:

Used this stuff once in CO and would not recommend it

I dunno, I actually really dislike getting too stoned because it just makes me super anxious about my social interactions, as opposed to Just Stoned Enough where I'm super chill and everything is fun

But anyway enough drugchat, more feshes

quote:

My birth father disappeared out of the picture when I was just a toddler. We have no idea where he went and odds are he's dead in a ditch somewhere and rotting away, since he was a loser and a druggie and didn't care about anyone, least of all himself.

My mom started dating a guy named Ted much later, and I hated him from the beginning. I was jealous of him spending time with my mom, I didn't like him calling me "son" or getting me Christmas or birthday presents, and I hated him doing stuff around the house like cutting the grass or fixing the things that were broken. To me, he was an enemy and an outsider who was just going to hurt my mom like my real dad did.

Looking back I was really a huge brat and this guy was an amazing man who really loved my mom. He must have, to put up with a little poo poo like me.

But they dated for almost 2 years and eventually Ted came to me and said he wanted to marry my mom, but he wanted to talk to me first. I calmly told him it was okay, then left. When they came home from dinner that night my mom was obviously super happy and I remember feeling sick to my stomach. The next day we were home alone while her new fiance was at work. I played SNES for a bit in the morning then walked up to her.

"Uncle Ted touches me under my belt. He makes me touch him and says if I told you he'd lock me in the closet again. He's been doing it a long time and I've been scared to say. But now he says he'll live with us and he'll play with me everyday"

They argued a lot that night. I was upstairs and heard a lot of yelling and screaming and cursing. Stuff I'd never heard between them before. I don't remember Mom calling the police on him, so I don't think she believed me. But I"ll bet the argument boiled down to him calling me a liar (which I was) and my mom getting angry at that.

I never saw Ted again.

I feel like a real piece of poo poo for doing this and wonder to this day, 20+ years later, what kind of father he might have been to me. My mom did eventually remarry once I was in college and he's a fine enough stepdad. But I'm an adult so it's a totally different thing. I wonder a lot if Ted might have made me into a better person than I am today.

yikes

got a real Atonement situation here

It really doesn't help my mental picture of this story that I kept picturing him as Ted from Scrubs for no good reason

Skipped: another cookie-cutter incel fesh where the guy tried dating gay men and decided they're just as evil as women even though that apparently defies science

quote:

Hey - following up from some time back. I sent the confession about being attracted to the female gremlin from Gremlins 2: The New Batch.

My confession this time around is that I finally was able to live my fantasy. I found a replica of the female gremlin on ebay a few months ago. Purchased it for a pretty decent chunk of change. Outfitted it with a pocket pussy and here we are.

I used to jerk it about 3 times a week, now I get to make love to my Grem-grem 3 times a week instead. I usually sleep with her at night too. I understand this is odd as a grown man, but there are WAY worse things out there. At least I'm not a racist or anything.

yeah I guess you're not hurting anyone else

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

quote:

Grem-grem

Kink-shaming real hard right now

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

got any sevens posted:

Weed is not physiologically addictive. Strength is not a factor.

It absolutely can be psychologically addictive, but IMHO less so than gambling or Facebook.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
I GISed it as I never saw the movie

wtf

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
this is really bothering me.

Dude should get a therapist GF who is willing to dress up like that IMHO

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Gremlin fucker actually has a fetish for overly made up senior citizens and is in denial, hence wanting to gently caress a monstrous caricature of late 80s Lucille Ball he basically calls "grandma"

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

quote:

I was an extra on the TV show "Gilmore Girls" when I was still in high school.

I crushed majorly on Alexis Bledel. She was stunningly beautiful and paid for food for us lowly extras out of her own pocket. We even had a small amount of time together to talk and she told me to keep working hard and I'd eventually get a breakout role in Hollywood.

That breakout role never came but it's okay, she couldn't have known that.

I still love her and still remember those days fondly. It has been all downhill from there since Hollywood really chewed me up and spit me out. I reached out about starring in the revival series on Netflix but nobody answered my emails. Yes, I was just an extra, but it would have added a little something extra to see how EVERYONE, even a normal guy like me, changed over the years. I would really love to meet Alexis again and this time have the balls to tell her I love her.

I know she's married with a child now but I know I could be a better husband and father.

I was with you until the last two sentences

To you Rory from Gilmore Girls represents your lost dreams, but she is actually just a person who has her own life and the sooner you can move on from your fixation on her the sooner you can move on to newer and better things in your life.

also my wife and I stopped watching The Handmaid's Tale after the scene where Rory from Gilmore Girls gets genital-mutilated because what that's not in the book what

quote:

I'm a bad person. There's no other way to describe it. This isn't sadbrains or whatever, I know I'm a bad person and if I told others they would agree with me. What makes me so bad is the fact that I revel in human suffering. I love it when other people feel bad for whatever reason. It can be physical or emotional pain, either way I'm thrilled with it. I love watching stuff on bestgore and 4chan and such with people getting tortured, beaten, whatever. I don't care much for the gore itself, and if it's someone just dying instantly I don't care much for it - people getting blown up and such. The younger the better, really. Kids getting beaten, or scared, or humiliated is like sweet candy to me.

When I was little I used to love making other kids cry by telling them lies like they were adopted, or their parents were dead, or "if you have a mole there, that means you're gonna die before you grow up." Also just beating the poo poo out of them out of the blue. When a new kid started in my class in 5th or 6th grade (can't remember exactly), I befriended him as the only one. He was a weird, goofy loving kid with glasses and bad teeth, but the moment I saw him I knew I was gonna break this little fucker. So for six months I played nice with him. We got close, had sleepovers and went on trips together, and in the end he started sharing his thoughts, dreams and secrets with me. Anyway, eventually he ends up having a bit of a confrontation with some other kids from our class who were bullying him, and I hatch a little plan. I tell them to wait in a shed near the school, and then after class tell the kid I wanna show him something cool. He follows me to the shed where they're waiting, I shove him towards them and they grab him. He looked at me with a look of just pure loving agony, already crying, and just asked me "why?" and I looked him dead in the eye and told him "I don't like you. No-one's ever gonna like you, you ugly human being." Then the other kids start wailing on him and he just curls up crying while they punch and kick him. While they do that I start telling them his secrets, like how he kissed his cousin once, or the fact that his real dad walked out on him. This is probably my fondest childhood memory. He switched schools and ended up killing himself a few years later, which made the whole thing even more perfect.

There's a different set of rules once you grow up, so I haven't been able to pull anything quite as grandiose since then. I still hurt people, though, usually by spreading rumors about them or lying to break up their relationships. Occasionally I've beaten the poo poo out of some drunk in the middle of the night, but it's too risky so I've more or less stopped doing that. I often fantasize about finding a woman who's like me so we could have a child to emotionally gently caress up and abuse. I got this idea after finding the Daddyofive youtube channel and subscribing for a while before it got shut down. Sadly, women like me aren't exactly easy to find, so it'll probably only ever be a dream.

Weirdly, there isn't really a sexual component to all this, and I'm more or less asexual. I can tell if a person is pretty, but that's about it. I'm not really interested in that kind of pleasure. True pleasure for me is basically synonymous with suffering for others. I have tried BDSM, but those clubs are way too strict with their rules, so I can't really get away with ignoring safewords like I'd like to.

In closing, fahrenheit is way more intuitive for everyday purposes than celsius.

My running theory is that this entire fesh is just a setup for the last line in which case it is A Good Joke :golfclap:

If it was meant sincerely, though, something is wrong with your brain, I think you know this, and you'd probably be able to much more easily derive pleasure and satisfaction from life if you sought out a psychiatrist (NOTE: not a therapist in this case) and got medicated

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
It took a lot of effort not to reignite the temperature Wars, but be shilling for Celsius this round instead.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

A dude posted:

I was an extra on the TV show "Gilmore Girls" when I was still in high school.

I crushed majorly on Alexis Bledel. She was stunningly beautiful and paid for food for us lowly extras out of her own pocket.

Fake. Hollywood pays extras poo poo, but feeds them very well. Three good meals a day with snacks inbetween. (source: friend is a script doctor, no not a big name)

Another dude posted:

I'm a bad person. There's no other way to describe it.

Sadly, this is probably real. :therapy:

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

quote:

sociopath goon

I'll take one for the team here, please kill yourself

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

That feeling when he opens
the door for you

bradzilla posted:

I'll take one for the team here, please kill yourself

I don't think anyone could disagree with that statement.

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib
To sociopath goon, I think you can easily find a woman like you. Try Prison Pen Pals website. I'm sure she will help you work out your fantasies once she's out or she might just ending up killing you for lulz one night.

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Johny-on-the-Spot posted:

I don't think anyone could disagree with that statement.

Because of his opinions on temperature scales, right?

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Neutrino posted:

To sociopath goon, I think you can easily find a woman like you. Try Prison Pen Pals website. I'm sure she will help you work out your fantasies once she's out or she might just ending up killing you for lulz one night.

Please do not help this person have a child he (or they) can abuse.

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

the door for you

Dirty Frank posted:

Because of his opinions on temperature scales, right?

Precisely, who cares about torturing children.

Wizzle
Jun 7, 2004

Most
Parochial
Poster

A little late, but this is for Cocaine goon.

There's a neurochemical reason why your life seems dull and mundane after heavy and frequent cocaine use. Cocaine messes with the neurotransmitter levels in your brain. As a result, your body down-regulates the production of "happy" neurotransmitters such as dopamine and serotonin. Eventually your brain will recover but it takes time - years in some cases. The only way out is just to wait until it gets better on its own. Using more drugs will just increase your tolerance and make the problem worse. And therein lies that addiction spiral. If you can walk away now, do it and just don't look back. It'll be a long road but it'll be worth it. The other option is far worse.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

Wizzle posted:

A little late, but this is for Cocaine goon.

There's a neurochemical reason why your life seems dull and mundane after heavy and frequent cocaine use. Cocaine messes with the neurotransmitter levels in your brain. As a result, your body down-regulates the production of "happy" neurotransmitters such as dopamine and serotonin. Eventually your brain will recover but it takes time - years in some cases. The only way out is just to wait until it gets better on its own. Using more drugs will just increase your tolerance and make the problem worse. And therein lies that addiction spiral. If you can walk away now, do it and just don't look back. It'll be a long road but it'll be worth it. The other option is far worse.

Does this happen with alcohol? Asking for a friend...

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

would

Wizzle
Jun 7, 2004

Most
Parochial
Poster

omnibobb posted:

Does this happen with alcohol? Asking for a friend...

Yes, but the effects aren't nearly as pronounced. Alcohol works on a single neurotransmitter where cocaine works on 3. Alcohol also does a bunch of other things to the brain and body that contribute to the "high" so it spreads out the effect, so to speak, where cocaine is focused almost exclusively on neurotransmitter levels. Read up on tricyclic reuptake inhibitors if you really want to get in depth on the subject.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Wizzle posted:

Yes, but the effects aren't nearly as pronounced. Alcohol works on a single neurotransmitter where cocaine works on 3. Alcohol also does a bunch of other things to the brain and body that contribute to the "high" so it spreads out the effect, so to speak, where cocaine is focused almost exclusively on neurotransmitter levels. Read up on tricyclic reuptake inhibitors if you really want to get in depth on the subject.

lol no

alcohol hits pretty much everything you dope

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
After 2 months without weed or booze i started having dreams again, it was neat.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
I believe it was the bard who said: "my nigga have you tried lsd"

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

got any sevens posted:

After 2 months without weed or booze i started having dreams again, it was neat.

gently caress dreams friend.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

This post is entirely themed around the guy who was pretty sure his friend's wife was hitting on him

First, a reaction from a reader

quote:

I had a similar thing with a friend's wife once. She would occasionally getting flirty with me when we were drunk, mostly innocent stuff but if she was single I would've taken it as interest. Things like just being too close, being overly friendly, too much eye contact stuff, nothing really physical beyond chaste hugs.

It wasn't something I was going to act on and I didn't think she would either, but it was weird. It happened a number of times until it escalated to a point where we hit that drunken "this is when you kiss the girl" moment and we both had an "uhh poo poo" realization and backed right the gently caress off.

Sometimes people just want that flirting/validation. Doing with a friend who knows about your relationship and is friends with your partner maybe feels like a safer way of doing it? The fact she's doing it with you not random dudes or a work friend probably means she doesn't want to cheat.

In my case from then on we were back to normal. We're all still friends and they're still together. I'd say don't escalate or play along but don't bring it up with anyone and it'll probably pass.

And next up, an update from the guy himself. This is the "lost" fesh which clued me in to the fact I had a whole bunch sitting in the spam box.

quote:

OK, so just got back from the long weekend and she did take things far enough that I know I have to tell my friend. Basically, a group of about 8 of us were staying at one of our friend's cabins. It was a lot of fun and the first night we all got really (reeeeally) drunk and she didn't do anything at all weird. In fact she was giving everyone big hugs and saying she missed them and giving them kisses on the cheeks (they've lived in another state for a few years and just moved back), so I figured that I've just been reading things into it and she acts this way towards everyone. I calmed down a lot and stopped worrying about being alone with her because everything seemed back to normal.

Nope. The second day everyone but her, one of my other friend's wives, and myself stayed back when everyone else decided to take an incredibly drunk boat ride (I tried to talk them out of it, but they wanted to go "night tubing"). I had been drinking almost all day, but she wasn't drinking much because she was too hung over from the night before. Well, once the other woman left to go make me and her some more drinks my buddy's wife comes over and sits on my lap. I started laughing and told her nicely "Get off me, you're making this weird" to which she said "it'll only get as weird as we want it to get" and went in for a kiss.

She got a mouth full of ear since I turned my head, and I sort of pushed her off and went inside. She followed me in and the three of us stayed inside talking while I was trying super hard to forget everything that happened. We all left the next day and neither of us acknowledged that anything had happened at all (no awkward apology from her or anything). I'm meeting my buddy up for drinks tomorrow and I'm gonna tell him. I have no idea how to tell him though. We've been friends for over a decade (his wife included).

Should I just tell him everything? Should I tell him she's been acting really weird towards me and ask if anything is going on between them? Has anyone been in a situation like this? I really don't think he's gonna take the news well, and he'll believe her over me in a heart beat if it comes down to a "he said/she said" thing. I honestly think this is gonna end our friendship.

:stare: Yeah that's pretty straightforward

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.
Beat around the bush asking him, and if it seems like he doesn't want to believe, record a sex tape with her. It's the only way.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Smash her back doors in and never tell anyone.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

monkeytennis posted:

Smash her back doors in and never tell anyone.

This except knock politely at all the doors.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Gynovore posted:

Weed is not physiologically addictive. Strength is not a factor.

It absolutely can be psychologically addictive, but IMHO less so than gambling or Facebook.

Yup, let's just make all-encompassing statements about what happens chemically in everyone else's mind without any research or testing.
Fuckoff basehead

Anton Chigurh
Mar 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

loquacius posted:

Re: I told mommy her boyfriend diddled me goon

The only right thing to do is to come clean to your mom and tell her that Ted never touched you and you simply didn't want her to get married. Tell her how bad you feel and that you honestly think Ted would have made a great father, probably better than the guy she ended up marrying.

That's the only way to fix this.

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

yea if the friendships going to end you may as well get some gently caress out of it

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

gently caress your friend and then tell his wife. It's the only way to save the friendship.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

quote:

Hi, I have a huge penis. Over eight inches which puts me in like 95th percentile. I'm making this anonymous because I want people to believe me, that I'm not just tooting my own horn.

It loving sucks. It's not great. Guys, stop wishing you had a huge horn; it doesn't make you better at sex. Our dicks are not magical orgasm machines, especially when they're huge. loving disregard everything pop culture tells you about how much your dick matters. It doesn't, dicks suck. Dicks are the worst.

When girls insult you about how small your dick is, it's just to be nasty, to gently caress with your self confidence. Doesn't matter for pleasure: get her off with your mouth and your hand, I get better results like this too. I have yet to meet a "size queen", I really want to because getting balls deep is AWESOME!

I finally had sex with someone I could fit my self into. It was amazing. The best sex of my life. Hers too, she claimed. Can't have been that good or she wouldn't have just stopped returning texts for no reason.

Please stop caring about your dick size. It is the worst.

Guys are conditioned to be really insecure about their dicks at all times, even if their dicks are as huge as mine, and it's kind of hosed-up

The number commonly bandied around as the smallest acceptable size is higher than the global average

quote:

I've been married 4 times, divorced 4 times. I'm only 33 years old. I'm convinced I'm a broken, unlovable human being.

Marriage one - got married at 17. Thought I loved this girl and, here's the kicker, she wouldn't have sex outside of marriage. Got married at the courthouse with her father present and nobody else. We had sex that night and of course it was awful. She expected fireworks and angels singing, I expected hardcore porn. What we got was some awkward rubbing, me lasting all of about 20 seconds, and her not getting off. We divorced 14 months later when she cheated on me with a guy she met at college.

Marriage two - married at 23. Drunken binge at Las Vegas to celebrate getting promoted at work. She was basically one step above a hooker - married me just because she thought I was a meal ticket. Divorced a few days later.

Marriage three - married at 24. Thought this was the one. Lasted all of 3 years. She put on some weight after giving birth to our son, I stupidly called her fat and said I had fallen out of love with her because of the weight. I thought that would motivate her to lose the weight - instead she divorced me. I deserved it. I don't get to see my son any more, either, but that's due to some stupidity later on.

Marriage four - married at 29. Divorced a year later after I was caught "stalking" my ex wife and son, which is why I can't see my son. It wasn't truly stalking, I was just paying them a visit but had been drinking and it was late, and my ex wife slightly overreacted and thought I was trying to break into her house.

I think I don't deserve marriage, but I just want to be loved. Wife 3 should have been it for me but I stupidly acted like a jerk and blew it with the best thing that ever happened to me.

timefly
Apr 29, 2008

loquacius posted:

She put on some weight after giving birth to our son, I stupidly called her fat and said I had fallen out of love with her because of the weight. I thought that would motivate her to lose the weight

I refuse to believe a human can be this dumb

Anton Chigurh
Mar 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

loquacius posted:

Huge dick goon

:same:

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

I have seen a ton of cocks and while 8 inches is pretty good I would not call it huge. If it doesn't look like someone's forearm them stfu.

My own dick is shriveled and sad but as long as you're over 5 inches or so then you can probably not worry too much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

the door for you
If I were you guys, I'd cool it on describing the length of your penis. Or at least use both popular units of measurement. I don't want another imperial vs. metric tangent happening in this thread.