Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Rinkles posted:

Hasn't Kristol always been fairly critical of Trump?

hmm, I did some shallow googling and it appears he mostly has been after all, except for right after the inauguration

edit: gotta pay the dog tax

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

evilweasel posted:

https://twitter.com/ChuckRossDC/status/872934515211218944

trump is stewing and watching the tv news, that means we going to get some goooooooooooooooooooooood tweeting
I have trouble keeping all the news sources straight, is DC one of the crazy ones or one of the sane ones?

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.
Does anyone have a cliffnotes on Seth Rich? What the gently caress is that all about?

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009

Wrote what? That has a page not found thing.

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

JazzFlight posted:

LOL, like the goon who would always sneak his balls into the side of any photo he posted or the ebay seller who listed a metal teapot with his fat naked reflection in it.

Took a picture of my wife and daughter having a sweet mother/daughter moment a couple months back that I fortunately noticed had our Vapir Rise and a bottle of Gun Oil sex lube in the background before I posted it to facebook.

Skex fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Jun 8, 2017

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Nonsense posted:

Nothing is happening before 2019.

No poo poo? Go vote you fuckers.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Cheekio posted:

Does anyone have a cliffnotes on Seth Rich? What the gently caress is that all about?

DNC Staffer got murdered during a mugging.

Julian "I'm an opportunistic shitlord" Assange hinted that he was the source of the DNC emails, but provided no proof.

Hannity took the conspiracy theory and ran with it until Fox told him to back off.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Nonsense posted:

Nothing is happening before 2019.

Mostly true, but Sessions could get shitcanned. That would be nice.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

SubponticatePoster posted:

I have trouble keeping all the news sources straight, is DC one of the crazy ones or one of the sane ones?

Lower on the credibility rankings than NYT or WaPo, but good enough to cite.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Rigel posted:

It's Tucker Carlson's site, so...take that as you will? In this case, I don't know. I wouldn't expect that reporting from DC. Pleasantly surprising!

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Cheekio posted:

The short story of it is that he was killed in what police ruled a botched robbery while walking alone at night. He was alive and responsive when EMTs arrived on the scene, and died in the hospital about 5 hours later.

There's no proof that he leaked anything to wikileaks. His family have told the right-wing conspiracy nuts to quit using their dead son for political gain.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

https://twitter.com/PeterAlexander/status/872939394260508673

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

burn you motherfucker burn

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Xae posted:

DNC Staffer got murdered during a mugging.

Julian "I'm an opportunistic shitlord" Assange hinted that he was the source of the DNC emails, but provided no proof.

Hannity took the conspiracy theory and ran with it until Fox told him to back off.

Kim Dotcom also tried to spearphish his way into planting evidence on Seth Rich's gmail account

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.

Rigel posted:

D.C. Is a super conservative poo poo rag. For example, top article in their mobile site was about Loretta lynch trying to kill the Hillary investigation

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Jeff Sessions got horrifically owned by James Comey, and ya'll bringing up impeachment for most of this. Take down his sycophants, I don't like the one-by-one approach personally though.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

lmao

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Don't stop I'm almost there...

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
A loving nother one

How are these people such stupid fuckups?

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Hellblazer187 posted:

OK. I don't pretend to be an expert on China. They appear to still be growing faster than the global economy at large, and are taking on a bigger global leadership role after Trump left Paris.

I'd actually prefer if the next superpower is a newly strengthened liberal EU. Or, an un-hosed USA later. I'm just repeating the common wisdom and the reasons therefore.

The real takeaway is that there's unlikely to be a "next" superpower for a very long time. It takes a big global shake-up for that kind of thing to happen, and the US just has too many advantages for anyone to really catch up. We may very well do ourselves in at this rate, but barring that the world is probably stuck with us for a while.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

SubponticatePoster posted:

its the sort of thing they have no reason to lie about

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

evilweasel posted:

its the sort of thing they have no reason to lie about

Yeah, when I said it was fine, I mostly meant bad news about Trump. If they have a scoop on why Gillbrand is evil or something, I'm not buying it.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/872939680005857280

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

Lemming posted:

A loving nother one

How are these people such stupid fuckups?

Because rules and laws are for the rubes and don't apply to them. In their minds at least. This is reinforced by the fact that it's worked for them up to this point. When you've managed to fail upwards your entire life and been repeatedly rewarded for lovely behavior it doesn't really occur to you that you aren't a special snowflake immune to consequences.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

Hahahah Sessions is so loving stupid. My justice dong is engorged! God knows what seeing him in an orange jumpsuit would do...

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

With Pennsylvania's pension system gone (it was the 5th largest non-federal pension left in the US), 2020 will be the first year that the percentage of U.S. workforce with a pension will be in the single digits.

Estimated to be 8.9%.

It's also a blueprint for the federal workforce reform plans they've got in store, especially considering that a ton of RNC Pennsylvania ducks are on the Trump transition team

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Yessss

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Do it, you old bitch. You already hate Sessions. Eject him as chaff to try to stop the missile.

DO IT NOW.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Get hosed sessions Get hosed sessions Get hosed sessions Get hosed sessions Get hosed sessions Get hosed sessions Get hosed sessions Get hosed sessions Get hosed sessions Get hosed sessions Get hosed sessions Get hosed sessions

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Sessions is a direct threat to a shitload of my family.

I want the racism elf loving gone.

Zoph
Sep 12, 2005

Anybody who leaks today's closed session proceedings would be heroes.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

oof this is getting tasty

edit quote,
:getin:

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

Mummy Xzibit posted:

Hahahah Sessions is so loving stupid. My justice dong is engorged! God knows what seeing him in an orange jumpsuit would do...

I just keep playing that image of him lying to Congress where he looked SUPER guilty in my head over and over again

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

With Pennsylvania's pension system gone (it was the 5th largest non-federal pension left in the US), 2020 will be the first year that the percentage of U.S. workforce with a pension will be in the single digits.

Estimated to be 8.9%.

No one seems to give a gently caress about Pensions. Back in '14 they passed a law as part of the budget that lets private pensions completely gently caress beneficiaries. It had bipartisan support.

The Central States Pension cut benefits by up to 50%, even for current retirees.

My conspiracy mindset says that it had bipartisan support because Republicans didn't want anyone digging into how badly investment companies hosed the pension and Democrats don't want anyone digging into how badly the Unions managed them.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Night10194 posted:

IF THE PRESIDENT DOES IT IT'S NOT ILLEGAL
Haha yeah, about that...

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

Night10194 posted:

Do it, you old bitch. You already hate Sessions. Eject him as chaff to try to stop the missile.

DO IT NOW.

Thought Trump had to give him a sock before he could be released from service?

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
Well this certainly helps to clarify what Comey was talking about when he said he knew Sessions would be recusing himself from the Russia investigation shortly :v:

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

evilweasel posted:

My guess is he's got bombs to drop on sessions.

:toot:

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?
I want Sessions to get wrecked so badly. I want this so much more than I care about what happens to Donald Trump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

Xae posted:

No one seems to give a gently caress about Pensions. Back in '14 they passed a law as part of the budget that lets private pensions completely gently caress beneficiaries. It had bipartisan support.

The Central States Pension cut benefits by up to 50%, even for current retirees.

My conspiracy mindset says that it had bipartisan support because Republicans didn't want anyone digging into how badly investment companies hosed the pension and Democrats don't want anyone digging into how badly the Unions managed them.

Yeah. That and unfunded liabilities that arose as a result of policy raids, which was done by everyone, are starting to actually stare people in the face now that the boomers are all retiring.

What drives me crazy though is that they're not pairing the reductions with tax increases to even TRY and foot some of the bill. They're just doubling down on crashing everything and leaving a bunch of old folks hosed.

• Locked thread