Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Cure for cancer discovered!
Court physicians hate him!

Luhood posted:

And with that roleplaying out of the way, what faction needs to be in power for us to select Humanist ideas? With all of this nonsense about heathens and heretics within our borders we really need some way to erect a proper Dhimmi system to ensure they won't try to stab us the moment we look the other way.

If the Merchants are in power next time an idea group rolls around, then I might go humanist. If the Ulema ever gain power, then it would be religious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Posters off the pork bow!

Hashim posted:

If the Merchants are in power next time an idea group rolls around, then I might go humanist. If the Ulema ever gain power, then it would be religious.

Cool, Merchants in that case. Colonies are good and so is humanism.

Edit; Changed to Ulemas instead below.

Grizzwold fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Jun 8, 2017

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

I go with the Merchants!

In spite of all reason and sense, it would seem based on our illustrious history that corruption runs rampant when the Taifas are in power as opposed to the people who's foremost concern is to make money. It boggles the mind! Only the Merchants can bring stability and order to this divided land, and refocus our efforts on where true power lies: The New World.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

I also go with the Merchants!

Can someone please gag the Taifa delegates before the Sultan feels compelled to protect himself?

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

paragon1 posted:

Can someone please gag the Taifa delegates before the Sultan feels compelled to protect himself?

Well, on the plus side, he's only going to have to "protect himself" from the Taifas. Merchants have been pretty stoked about his "mentioning the New World as a thing of interest" policy.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Out of idle curiosity what Trait does our extremely legitimate and most worthy Sultan have?

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Flavius Belisarius posted:

We need Muslim Texas. I almost want to join the Merchants just to try to make that happen, but those people you know?
Ummm, that sounds like a mighty fine idea.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Captain Oblivious posted:

Out of idle curiosity what Trait does our extremely legitimate and most worthy Sultan have?

Intricate Webweaver...

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Hashim posted:

Intricate Webweaver...

Hahahahaha

Hahahahaha

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever
I remain with the Loyalists. The Sultan is a Jizrunid and that's what counts.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

The tally right now:

- 4, Lord Cyrahzax, Dick Trauma, Lynneth, Luhood.

- 4, ThatBasqueGuy, MuteAllison, Hitlers Gay Secret, Snipee.

- 9, GunnerJ, Soup du Jour, HiHo ChiRho, Crazycryodude, Talas, Ikasuhito, Grizzwold, Captain Oblivious, paragon1.

- 5, RZApublican, mcclay, TildeATH, sheep-dodger, Mountaineer.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
I'm switching to the loyslists now!

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Staying with the merchants. Also, first point of order: especially after what she's done, the witch must be removed from the halls of power swiftly and permanently, permanently if necessary. We can't trust the Sultan to take decisions without consulting his accursed mother, and females and finances don't mix.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.

Staying with the Taifas

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Rejoining the Merchants.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Mikl posted:

. Also, first point of order: especially after what she's done, the witch must be removed from the halls of power swiftly and permanently, permanently if necessary. We can't trust the Sultan to take decisions without consulting his accursed mother, and females and finances don't mix.

I also urge my fellow members of the Majlis to not openly insult the Sultan's esteemed mother. It tends to make men deaf to one's advice.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Mikl posted:

Also, first point of order: especially after what she's done, the witch must be removed from the halls of power swiftly and permanently, permanently if necessary. We can't trust the Sultan to take decisions without consulting his accursed mother, and females and finances don't mix.

Nah, who gives a poo poo.

Archaeology Hat
Aug 10, 2009
This new sultan seems to be on the level so I go with the loyalists

Archaeology Hat fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Jun 8, 2017

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

paragon1 posted:

I also urge my fellow members of the Majlis to not openly insult the Sultan's esteemed mother. It tends to make men deaf to one's advice.

Agreed. Let the Taifas carry their banners and grievances to the Sultan's mother. Let us instead ensure prosperity and strength in our territory within the Old and New worlds.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Mikl posted:

Staying with the merchants. Also, first point of order: especially after what she's done, the witch must be removed from the halls of power swiftly and permanently, permanently if necessary. We can't trust the Sultan to take decisions without consulting his accursed mother, and females and finances don't mix.

On the other hand, the country is wracked with revolts 24/7, Qadis is in desperate need of repairs, and the New World is slipping out of our fingers due to the baboons in the New Taifas squandering wealth immeasurable.

We have no time for a civil war over the Sultan's esteemed mother, and that is no less than the consequences of the path you are suggesting!

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Uhhh...

I'm going to switch back to the Merchants before the New Taifas get everyone killed.

Aeromancia
Jul 23, 2013

Technowolf posted:

Uhhh...

I'm going to switch back to the Merchants before the New Taifas get everyone killed.

Same, this is getting a little crazy.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

We are straight up the worst Muslims in the world right now, and Allah has punished (and continues to punish) us for it. We are sending money to CRUSADERS to stop our brothers from retaking the holy land. The Ulama are needed now more than ever.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Ralepozozaxe posted:

We are straight up the worst Muslims in the world right now, and Allah has punished (and continues to punish) us for it. We are sending money to CRUSADERS to stop our brothers from retaking the holy land. The Ulama are needed now more than ever.

Oh, yes? And what would you have us do? Bend knee to the so called Caliphate? Because they have made their intentions clear! Let us roll out the welcoming carpet for them across all of North Africa!

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Posters off the pork bow!
Actually, since the merchants seem to be on track for winning control of things, I will switch my change in allegiance to the Ulama. We need to actually have a country to send the wealth of our colonies back to.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Ralepozozaxe posted:

Enemies, allies, muslims, christians. They all shall pass. Gold lasts forever.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Captain Oblivious posted:

Oh, yes? And what would you have us do? Bend knee to the so called Caliphate? Because they have made their intentions clear! Let us roll out the welcoming carpet for them across all of North Africa!

I would rather stand proud with Allah than stand headless with heathens (which is a great name for a band btw).

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

I must say, I'm very pleased about the great Waonoh empire continuing it's onward expansion. While at the same time I must voice my continued displeasure for the ever timid Japan.

Rubix Squid
Apr 17, 2014

Merchants. We should really do something about the whole MOROCCO IS STEALING OUR ISLANDS thing.

tunapirate
Aug 15, 2015

I'd like to note that the ulama are the only legitimate faction of the Majlis not to botch ruling the country.
So I'll stick with the ulama.

Mr_Autoshades
Dec 5, 2016

I'm willing to be a moderating voice within the New Taifas

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

Ralepozozaxe posted:

Seriously though, I was pretty stunned by that as well.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Ralepozozaxe posted:

We are straight up the worst Muslims in the world right now, and Allah has punished (and continues to punish) us for it. We are sending money to CRUSADERS to stop our brothers from retaking the holy land.

lol, now that you mention it, yeah that was pretty drat bad.

New Taifas, Worst Taifas.

However I can give you my super pledge as a Merchant that I support the Ulema and its religious agenda. In fact, there are all sorts of people who aren't Muslims over in the New World, have you given that fact any thought?

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

tunapirate posted:

I'd like to note that the ulama are the only legitimate faction of the Majlis not to botch ruling the country.
So I'll stick with the ulama.

Precisely! Allah is the only leader we need in these troubling times. Men have been shown to be corrupt and weak.

Ulama

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

GunnerJ posted:

lol, now that you mention it, yeah that was pretty drat bad.

New Taifas, Worst Taifas.

However I can give you my super pledge as a Merchant that I support the Ulema and its religious agenda. In fact, there are all sorts of people who aren't Muslims over in the New World, have you given that fact any thought?

Of course my dear merchant, I know you and your group have been spreading the faith to the poor souls in the new world. I even have family there, they live in a land that teems with gold and touches the sky.

Sinner Sandwich
Oct 13, 2012
The U-llama is correct. We sent money to crusaders and the night of blood transpired because the Sultan was more interested in his spouse than in the stability of the country. No offense, O' glorious Sultan. I'm rolling with the Ulama

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.

Rubix Squid posted:

Merchants. We should really do something about the whole MOROCCO IS STEALING OUR ISLANDS thing.

While i think i'll stay with the Taifas, i completely support this.

Invader Zym
Sep 19, 2002

I'm staying with the merchants

Velius
Feb 27, 2001

I cast my vote with the Ulama. We have lost our way. Islam is the light. In my first vote I join with Ulama.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Heretics, crusaders, rebels. Only Allah can clean up this mess. I remain eternally loyal to the Ulama and to the Jizrunid line.