Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Whatever happened to Zack? Has he entered the dark ages?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

DrChud posted:

I'm pretty sure I do, I have a whole tub of extras at home. Out running errands I'll check when I get home for ya

Thanks, that will rock. I forgot the unicorn exsisted until I saw the one I had, minus the tail in a big bin of Lego I was organizing to sell.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Rythe posted:

Thanks, that will rock. I forgot the unicorn exsisted until I saw the one I had, minus the tail in a big bin of Lego I was organizing to sell.

Just checked and yes I do have one:dance:

I don't have pm's. Shoot me a email at doktorchud at gmail.com and we can figure it out

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

Platystemon posted:

Did everyone get four missile men or is it random like the extras of some other small pieces?

The reviews I read mentioned that too.
I assume like any small piece lego either intentionally/unintentionally included an extra because they're small and get lost/get picked extra by robots.

My rocket is in NSW accordingly to my tracking information. God I want it so badly.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Spookydonut posted:

My rocket is in NSW accordingly to my tracking information.

Mine too apparently, but I hear it's probably not actually in the country.
DHL tell customs it's coming, but the actual object hasn't been scanned yet. Kind of defeats the purpose of tracking right?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I built 42036 Street Bike. Thing is sweet. Is this an unusual Technic set in terms of build or is it pretty normal? I hadn't done a real one before and found this very satisfying. I also build it because it was the first Technic set I saw that I really thought looked good. And, as usual, it looks better in person. I am very very impressed.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Waltzing Along posted:

I built 42036 Street Bike. Thing is sweet. Is this an unusual Technic set in terms of build or is it pretty normal? I hadn't done a real one before and found this very satisfying. I also build it because it was the first Technic set I saw that I really thought looked good. And, as usual, it looks better in person. I am very very impressed.

Where'd you find it? In a store or elsewhere? I'm a motorcyclist and it looks pretty sick, but aftermarket prices are a little much.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

ShaneB posted:

Where'd you find it? In a store or elsewhere? I'm a motorcyclist and it looks pretty sick, but aftermarket prices are a little much.

I got it on Ebay for $46 shipped, which is approximately $2 more than I would have paid in store before it was discontinued.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Does anyone have the instructions for the guardsmen pick a model that's exclusive to the Leicester Square store? They were sold out but I managed to part it out at the pan wall from a pic on the net. I reverse engineered the build but am not sure it s right.
If anyone could post a pick that would be great.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Waltzing Along posted:

I got it on Ebay for $46 shipped, which is approximately $2 more than I would have paid in store before it was discontinued.

word up

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler
I'm not a huge Technic fan but this collection in amazing, https://newjersey.craigslist.org/tag/6151687757.html

drat this Formula 1 is nice.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I like some Technic but am not fervent like I am about Lego. But that F1 is awesome. Is that old and out of print??

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

Feenix posted:

I like some Technic but am not fervent like I am about Lego. But that F1 is awesome. Is that old and out of print??

I had to look it up since it was so nice, looks like a set from 2000.
https://brickset.com/sets/8458-1/Silver-Championhttps://brickset.com/sets/8458-1/Silver-Champion

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

6000 dollars? Seems a lot much.

Also a sad reminder that we will all die and have and leave behind our collections for someone to make a quick buck on.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
At least whoever is doing that knows what they have. Most of us will end up with "here's my dad's dumb toys. $70 or best offer."

I really want that super car.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

My wife and I are not having kids, and all we have for nephews/nieces right now is my sister's daughter. At this point my closet full of stupid plastic bricks is going to her.

Unless between now and the point I die I do some sort of big brother thing and find that one kid in the world who will do something great with it.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

veni veni veni posted:

6000 dollars? Seems a lot much.

Also a sad reminder that we will all die and have and leave behind our collections for someone to make a quick buck on.

Hopefully its my son or daughter. I was sorta pondering that today. On my Lego bulding table, as I was putting the boosters on my Saturn V Stage 1, i noticed I had the Ultimate Batmobile, UCS Snowspeeder also on the table. That's almost 600 bucks in Lego acquired in the last 30 days. Then under the table is the Land Excavator at 300 and next to the Table was Assembly Square.

Then I mumbled something about thank goodness I'm already married and had had some sex...

[ed]

Cojawfee posted:

At least whoever is doing that knows what they have. Most of us will end up with "here's my dad's dumb toys. $70 or best offer."

If that happens, then my next hope is it's some kid who doesn't realize what a score they just got... and not some speculating rear end in a top hat.

pzy
Feb 20, 2004

Da Boom!
Maybe $6000 if you're a rich motherfucker who collects sealed boxes (which is cool)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lego-Technic-8458-Silver-Champion-F1-Formula-Racer-V10-Race-Car-Built-Set-No-Box-/182608049482

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Good time to get some Dimensions sets since it's miserable failure. Easily got Portal 2 brand new for $6 shipped on Ebay which seemed like a perfect price. Hope I can eventually get Gremlins and Goonies on the cheap too.

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...
Good lord this thing is big.

I got it two days before release, but I've saved it for when I'm watching the Stanley Cup Finals because I get really nervous watching my team in the playoffs.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.
Fuckin' yinzers!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Yeah I've been limiting myself to one or two bags per night and it's crazy how big this rocket is getting.

Technique it's not very fun, though I do love how some of the bits clip in to finish it off. But drat it feels solid once it's together.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

xzzy posted:

Yeah I've been limiting myself to one or two bags per night and it's crazy how big this rocket is getting.

Technique it's not very fun, though I do love how some of the bits clip in to finish it off. But drat it feels solid once it's together.

Sup two bag a night bro.

Agreed, Rocket is a rad model but one of the more boring builds due to just doing X 4 times and X is add 6 tiny studs or grilles.

Still loving it though...

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The best parts of assembly are when you slide in the vent wedges. So satisfying.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Oven Wrangler

Feenix posted:

Hopefully its my son or daughter. I was sorta pondering that today. On my Lego bulding table, as I was putting the boosters on my Saturn V Stage 1, i noticed I had the Ultimate Batmobile, UCS Snowspeeder also on the table. That's almost 600 bucks in Lego acquired in the last 30 days. Then under the table is the Land Excavator at 300 and next to the Table was Assembly Square.

Then I mumbled something about thank goodness I'm already married and had had some sex...

[ed]

If that happens, then my next hope is it's some kid who doesn't realize what a score they just got... and not some speculating rear end in a top hat.

Standby while I update my will...

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Platystemon posted:

The best parts of assembly are when you slide in the vent wedges. So satisfying.

Those 2x2 ones towards the end of building stage 2 were the best.

"there's no way these are going to line up once they're in there" *click* "holy poo poo that is awesome"

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
Maaaan I really want a rocket now :(

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Stage 1 pieces with the 6 white grilles that snap into the yellow clips bug me a little. There's a bit too much horizontal swing.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Feenix posted:

Stage 1 pieces with the 6 white grilles that snap into the yellow clips bug me a little. There's a bit too much horizontal swing.

You sure they're in there all the way? Mine are pretty snug. The only ones with any give are the two next to the round 1x1 stack and I'd be surprised if I can even move them a millimeter.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

ChesterJT posted:

You sure they're in there all the way? Mine are pretty snug. The only ones with any give are the two next to the round 1x1 stack and I'd be surprised if I can even move them a millimeter.

They're clipped in. They're flush with the body. They just wiggle, so if you touch/hold it there, you can leave tiny gaps...

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
One on mine definitely swings around noticeably.

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...

xzzy posted:

I'm really impressed with the weird techniques being use here, I find it really interesting to see these kind of builds in a LEGO product. The lack of fun comes when I'm building something x4, but that's just a matter of the model itself, can't really be helped.

Platystemon posted:

Yeah, this is neat, especially building the center piece that it all snaps into.

Feenix posted:

...but I do have this issue as well. The 2x2 vents are perfect, but the big ones seem very uneven. I suspect it might be due to my not building it exactly correctly, fitting them in with their internal slopes facing the wrong way perhaps. Also, some of the studless plates that go down the model are uneven as well; either one piece is sticking out, or another is bent in. I think I need to disassemble this a bit to figure out why, but that seems daunting.

Cojawfee posted:

Check the orientation of the red/white slopes when inserting the vents, I suspect this is the cause.

Habibi posted:

Fuckin' yinzers!

I certainly didn't feel nervous after the first period of this game! Allowed me to focus on working on the rocket.

Game 6 will be spent finishing up the rest of the model, and if it gets to Game 7, I've got the Adventure Time set waiting.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Oxyclean posted:

Saw the Saturn V on the toysrus site this weekend, listed in stock for home delivery. Ordered one, but wondering if the site doesn't update stock on the weekend since I got an order confirmation but no ship confirmation and the site is now listening them out of stock. Wonder if I'll be getting one anytime soon or not.

:toot: Showed up today. Love that I have no shortage of new stuff on netflix to watch while I put it together.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Oh good, double vip points for 4th of July weekend. I'll put off buying the bank building until then.
Also, this AT-ST is awfully front heavy and likes to flip over, I need to investigate this.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Cojawfee posted:

Me too. But just one. Wonder if there is a reason

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The other half of my lego rocket order came in, the vacation kit and five series 17 minifigures. Three of them were really fat and I was all "sweet, one of them must be rocket guy!" Except they weren't.

Three corn cob guys. :geno:

edit - also one of our cats knocked over my stage 1+2 rocket while I was at work. Relatively minor damage, just a few panels off the top of stage one popped out so it's a nicely solid build. But now something is rattling around inside stage 1. :downs:

xzzy fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Jun 10, 2017

jeff8472
Dec 28, 2000

He died from watch-in-ass disease
Probably an explosion in the #2 oxygen tank.

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I yiffed two people at once and all I got was laughed at.

xzzy posted:

The other half of my lego rocket order came in, the vacation kit and five series 17 minifigures. Three of them were really fat and I was all "sweet, one of them must be rocket guy!" Except they weren't.

Three corn cob guys.

I did this exact thing in the store. "Oh three big guys, one has to be the corn guy and one has to be the rocket kid... oooh great three corn guys..." at least he has a sweet 'stache.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Ugh. I've gotten into this addiction of buying small sets on Ebay for the last week. I've bought like 5 sets this week. Someone needs to hide my debit card from me. gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Shawn posted:

I did this exact thing in the store. "Oh three big guys, one has to be the corn guy and one has to be the rocket kid... oooh great three corn guys..." at least he has a sweet 'stache.

It's real easy to tell them apart with a brief grope, finding the antenna (or not). A quick fingernail rub will ID the corn kernels.