Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

Inspector_666 posted:

Wow, so the UMP is superior to the Vector? I feel like the mentality was very much the opposite.

the vector is a more powerful gun, but it requires an extended clip to be useful.

the ump is a more versatile smg.

so pretty much it's accurate to their real life versions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Party Plane Jones posted:

I managed to save one of my squad's lives by telling them to switch to the pan while running, it tanked a headshot and they got into the top 5 as a result.

It deflects bullets while in your hand too?!

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

frank.club posted:

Yes. Have had the frying pan save my life several times, in hand and not.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Would love to see someone clearing a building of hostiles by just running at them with a frying pan, deflecting bullets in every direction and beating people senseless like a deranged jedi knight/Sam Gamgee.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
My friend insists that we towards the end in duos we find a central one door shack and camp it because he says that's what all the good streamers do. I really hate these stupid huts because you have zero cover when shooting and moving and you're tripping over each other trying to get out and everyone knows you're there. Is he right and I'm wrong or am I right and his strat sucks rear end and I hate it?

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Mauser posted:

My friend insists that we towards the end in duos we find a central one door shack and camp it because he says that's what all the good streamers do. I really hate these stupid huts because you have zero cover when shooting and moving and you're tripping over each other trying to get out and everyone knows you're there. Is he right and I'm wrong or am I right and his strat sucks rear end and I hate it?

Seems like a good way to get murdered by a grenade myself. Or trapped by a circle move.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

Mauser posted:

If a streamer gets SWATted is he gonna fill his room full of tear gas, shot his dog, and detonate a flashbang in his living room? Tell him to go pound sand and play the way you want to play.

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

Mauser posted:

Let your friend get in the shack then park your uaz bumper in to the door so he can't get out. That will teach him.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
If you use the shed as cover and a safe place to heal, but constantly watch 360 around you and shoot anyone you can see it can be a very strong strategy. The trick is finding sheds that enemies can't sneak up on, and being good enough to kill everyone who tries to grenade/snipe you.

It's also not that fun unless tons of enemies come near your shed.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Mauser posted:

Uh, does your friend watch iateyourpie?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

I love looting a small town and all the spawns are crossbows :argh:

Bhaal
Jul 13, 2001
I ain't going down alone
Dr. Infant, MD

Mauser posted:

The most I can say for it if you camp a fuckboi shack that is likely to stay in the playzone for a long time you can seize a moment during the peak of other firefights to storm out and take a solid endgame position. It's an extremely passive play and you are arguably missing out on opportunities to loot some of the very best stuff since that's usually when you gear up on silencers / level 3 stuff and so on. Also it has a lot of solid chances to greatly backfire on you.

I mean if you can safely get into one and shortly afterwards the circle has constricted enough that the area around you is a guaranteed killzone, then you can ride things out for a little while so that you will place highly, but ultimately you will need to bust back out of there. Meanwhile if anyone can get within grenade distance or set up a position on your door to saturate it with fire at any moment then you are pretty well boned as I'm sure you've experienced.

"Run to the center and hunker down" isn't a bad midgame strategy. But better to do that with a house that has different exit options, plenty of firing positions, places to run inside if a grenade comes in, etc.

Duos is good because you can agree to alternate who is calling the shots

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

Jerkface posted:

I love looting a small town and all the spawns are crossbows :argh:

They broke the loot table in this last patch. They won't admit it, but I know they did! Playerunknown is a lizard person sent to earth to ruin videogames! I have no way to prove it but I'm going to shout it from the roof tops like I'm Alex Jones :tinfoil:!

fargom
Mar 21, 2007
How to fuckboi shack campers protect themselves from a single frag thrown in the window? I always considered hiding in these things to be a death wish.

Danyull
Jan 16, 2011

I love when there's a single building in the last few circles that everyone ends up fighting around, it's much more interesting than just an open field. I was getting shot at from a hill with 6 people left so I ran into the building (a warehouse) and started healing without looking around. Someone says "Yo, look up" over voice chat, so I whip around and start spraying the boxes behind me. As soon as I get the kill he screams "loving human being!" I was laughing so hard I didn't even notice when someone walked in behind me and blasted me with a shotgun.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
you're both spelling fuccboi wrong, and usually you'd only get into one in an open field so nobody can nade you without getting shot by someone else

it's not a terrible idea if you have no other cover and the door faces toward the wall

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Skoll posted:

Yes. Have had the frying pan save my life several times, in hand and not.

someone's going to devise a technique to make a shield wall with head

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.
Can we please stop using a prison term that was appropriated by white feminists to describe everyone we don't like? It's loving embarrassing. Almost as bad as the Quake 3 days when white kids that listened to much gangsta rap started using terms like "ganked."

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
ok.. i will stop using it right... now.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

frank.club posted:

The running animation will swing it up in front of your face about a fourth to a third of the time as you sprint.

https://streamable.com/mma3m

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Jun 9, 2017

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

AnElegantPeacock posted:

Can we please stop using a prison term that was appropriated by white feminists to describe everyone we don't like? It's loving embarrassing. Almost as bad as the Quake 3 days when white kids that listened to much gangsta rap started using terms like "ganked."

Alright we will. Sorry.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Mauser posted:

My friend insists that we towards the end in duos we find a central one door shack and camp it because he says that's what all the good streamers do.

You should probably show him any one of the dozens of videos out there of Grimmz murdering people inside those huts.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

Rex-Goliath posted:

Alright we will. Sorry.

Rad.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Chomp8645 posted:

Would love to see someone clearing a building of hostiles by just running at them with a frying pan, deflecting bullets in every direction and beating people senseless like a deranged jedi knight/Sam Gamgee.

You know I like a bit of predictability and "realism" in weapons, but I also like it balanced with a bit of insanely ridiculous bullshit. What I'm saying is they need to never change the frying pan, because it is the greatest thing.

fargom
Mar 21, 2007

AnElegantPeacock posted:

Lol what a fucboi/fuckboi/fookboui

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fuccboi lmao

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Mauser posted:

dont play with people who get their ideas from streamers

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to

Mauser posted:

Show your friend this thread where everyone is calling him a big ole dummo.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
there's always that one guy/duo who love them stupid sheds in every game and when I see someone in there I lick me lips because I know that bad boy only has one way out and no way of shooting back or seeing me as long as I stay below his fuccboi windows

Diogines posted:

I don't know specifically why it is that I do pretty well at Battlefield, but absolutely awful Counter-Strike. Is it damage amount? Limited map sizes? Something about the gun play? Something else? I don't know what it is, but I get destroyed a Counter Strike but do pretty well at Battlefield.

I honestly don't know what it is. I can do just fine in most Battlefield games but the moment I peek around any corner in Counter-Strike I immediately get my head blown off and don't take anyone down with me.

Based on that information, how do you expect I would do with this game?

Battlefield is largely a meat grinder, hitboxes are very generous and you're given incentive to rush constantly. Positioning matters but only in the sense that you're always trying to ride the right side of the wave of enemies pouring towards you, and death doesn't matter because respawn is so short. The way you play battlefield is totally different to the way you play PUBG.

HOWEVER - gunplay is VERY similar to battlefield in regards to bullet velocity, drop, and the amount of damage people can take before they go down.

CSGO on the otherhand plays very similar to pubg in a lot of ways with a bunch of peeking around angles and careful assaults on positions, but the gunplay is totally different. So really it's a mixture of the two games.

abigserve fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Jun 9, 2017

RedQueen
Apr 21, 2007

It takes all the running you can do just to stay in the same place.
The official name at 4m27s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmMJ8b64xbY&t=267s

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

AnElegantPeacock posted:

Years later we shall all look back upon this brave man when he stood up for what he believed and said "No more."

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Willfrey posted:

Years later we shall all look back upon this brave man when he stood up for what he believed and said "No more."

And was promptly ignored.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Has anyone got their twitch prime loot?My account is linked and the loot box is not showing up.

NM it just arrived and is horrid lol

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

AnElegantPeacock posted:

Yeah man, poo poo, the ganked days were dark days man

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
Can you even shoot through the windows of the one door shack? I assumed they were too high up even with jumping. So if someone approaches from the non-door side there's gently caress all you can do while they calmly aim a grenade through the window. Or shoot down half the door and put a grenade through that.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Raged posted:

Has anyone got their twitch prime loot?My account is linked and the loot box is not showing up.

NM it just arrived and is horrid lol

gimp mask for life

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

I do not like this VSS, no sirree.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

Pleads posted:

It fires really fast and has little recoil. It's actually not bad up close.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Frying pan blocking bullets is fine and all but why the gently caress does the machete not do the same thing then? I get that the crowbar and sickle are small enough to not really be useful for that but if they're gonna bother doing bullet blocking with the pan might as well go the whole way instead of having just one useful melee weapon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Pleads posted:

I look at it like the vector where it becomes useful to me in the late game only with an extended mag, otherwise I'm throwing that poo poo away

• Locked thread