Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/IdeaFactoryIntl/status/868180618265243648

https://twitter.com/IdeaFactoryIntl/status/868181200430563329

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
A nano-nep is not enough, i demand a life-size nep

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Well that's going on the shelf next to my other mini-Neps.

I don't dare buy the full size ones.

Green Tea Erotica
May 5, 2010

Anything you can do I can do BETTER
It seems nobody has gone through the trouble of finishing a set of Neptunia figures to get all the CPUs and Candidates that isn't small and/or cheaply made. Or atleast just the mainline cast.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Vert won't sell.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Dehry posted:

Noire won't sell.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Dehry posted:

Vert won't sell.

She'd need to exist in the first place.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
So, Noire and Blanc have now gotten their own games. Every game is Neptune's game. When does darling Vert get her own game!?

Edit: Also, Neptune Kart racer when?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
4 Goddesses is kinda Vert's game since that's her MMO in all the other games (even the in-game world is called Leanverde), but I don't know how particularly prominent in it she is.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
There was actually a poll about it.
http://www.compileheart.com/neptune/vote/result2014/

Vert came in 6th place, with Blanc and IF getting their own games so far.

The next one after Neptune was Plutia.

Lord Justice
Jul 24, 2012

"This god whom I created was human-made and madness, like all gods! Woman she was, and only a poor specimen of woman and ego. But I overcame myself, the sufferer; I carried my own ashes to the mountains; I invented a brighter flame for myself. And behold, then this god fled from me!"

HGH posted:

4 Goddesses is kinda Vert's game since that's her MMO in all the other games (even the in-game world is called Leanverde), but I don't know how particularly prominent in it she is.

This is (far as I can tell, my Japanese isn't great) actually addressed in the game, and Neptune is fairly adamant about being the protagonist. Makes sense, given how prominent she is on the box art. Also, while Vert does play 4GO religiously, I believe the game says that 4GO was developed in Planeptune. As for actual prominance - more than usual, but I think part of that is that the game is focused on the core eight characters, and I don't think she's gotten a lot more screen-time than the others so far.

Honestly, Vert has a great concept for a solo game if they wanted to actually do that. Have it be managing her time around not playing MMOs constantly to get a Candidate/little sister for Leanbox. Except she's completely lost it and you get routes for most of the major characters.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
why is nepgear so low

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

why is nepgear so low

Because she's lame and boring.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

what the goodness

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Hey, Rei Ryghts is 18th!

Can... Can we get a game with her playable? Please?

Also I've legitimately thought before that it might be interesting to have a playable Arfoire sometime, but I'm assuming that will probably never happen. Probably even less likely than Rei Ryghts getting to come back, and use her horrible art as an attack.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

chumbler posted:

Mods????????

Green Tea Erotica
May 5, 2010

chumbler posted:

Nep-gear-dom
Turning planeptune into a robot.
Interdimensional Gamegears.
Ur dum

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Remember the time she murdered all of her friends?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
gently caress you guys, Nepgear is a great character. Better than Neptune in fact :colbert:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

gently caress you guys, Nepgear is a great character. Better than Neptune in fact :colbert:

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Those are fighting words, and Gearsy is my Nepwaifu.

Wind Tempest
Oct 9, 2007

I am the culmination of all that is wrong with japan.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Nepgear best gear

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

Saint Freak posted:

It was the best.

Ozdhaka
Oct 20, 2012
We might be seeing a speedrun marathon for the Neps in a few months.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Saint Freak posted:

I want a game where that Nepgear is the villain.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/IdeaFactoryIntl/status/870334247310983168

https://twitter.com/IdeaFactoryIntl/status/870334717018619905

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I want a Neplushie

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Neptune vs Sega Hard Girls finally showed up on Steam. It's in 7 days. Wish I'd known beforehand; I wouldn't have bought Tekken.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
So for the original PS3 version of the first Nepventure,, are there any events that are missable other than the ones that require X amount of shares? I've seen some people say that some events can be missed by progressing the story too far, while other people say that the only missables are the ones where you can lose too many shares and get locked out

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/AnimeExpo/status/871834320339582976

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

huge news :geno:

Ozdhaka
Oct 20, 2012
Moero Chronicle is getting a Steam port, slated for this summer. Welp.

EDIT: With IFI Twitter post to further accent it. Welp x2.

Ozdhaka fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Jun 9, 2017

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

What's a DRPG?

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

Sakurazuka posted:

What's a DRPG?

Dungeon RPG, or dungeon crawler. Like Wizardry or Might & Magic.

I imported the Chinese version (since it had English) on the Vita since I never thought it'd get a US release. This is pretty cool.

Green Tea Erotica
May 5, 2010

So its a dubgeon crawling monster monpiece?

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
Since this is basically the Idea Factory thread, has anyone played or heard any impressions of that Dark Rose Valkyrie game they've just released?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

InspectorCarbonara posted:

Since this is basically the Idea Factory thread, has anyone played or heard any impressions of that Dark Rose Valkyrie game they've just released?

Supposedly it's pretty good? I've been meaning to grab it, but I'm not going to do so until I finish F3 Advent Dark Force.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

InspectorCarbonara posted:

So far it looks like it suffers from the usual IF problem of cramming too many game systems into one place for no reason other than they were in a previous game.I got some pretty bad flashbacks when I saw the level up system uses cross edge/agarest war style stat allocation. Character design seems much more subdued and doesn't rely so heavily on tropes like most IF games, unlike Fairy Fencer where I instantly hated every party member. Combat system is surprisingly fun as it uses a hybrid real time turn based system similar to Grandia 2 where you have timeline where characters move across at varying speeds based on stats and once they hit a point on it the fight pauses and lets you select a command. Certain commands take longer to take action than others and can be interrupted by moves with proper traits. Weapon design seems like a complete rip off of god eater in the form of comically oversized melee weapons that also have gun, shield, and launcher modes attached to them but are discouraged from just stacking everything on it with individual character weight limits. Haven't reached it myself yet, but apparently there is a system for plot related character permadeath that branches the story for a load of different endings? So far it's far from being a bad game, but it's hard to recommend someone to pay full price for it as I sure as hell didn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Superdimension Neptune VS Sega Hard Girls just released on Steam for those who may have been looking forward to it. I recommend it. It's probably my favorite, gameplay-wise. Finally got rid of the unnecessary Rush, Power, Break system and just made it X.