Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Krille assumed the title of Best Scion around five minutes after her introduction in which she owned Alphinaud.

Dr Pepper fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Jun 8, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Verranicus posted:

If you're playing FFXIV for challenge I don't even know what to say

Because savage is cleared by everyone who steps foot in it. :rolleyes:

Countblanc posted:

Christ you're poo poo. Just unmitigated poo poo. Everyone here wishes you would leave forever.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
This is a pretty sweet video game. Everyone can find something to enjoy!

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Dr Pepper posted:

Krille assumed the title of Beat Scion around five minutes after her introduction in which she owned Alphinaud.

I don't know if you meant to type Beat or Best, but either way I am very pleased by the mental image of Krile as like a Dirty Harry style cop

Gizmo Chicken
Feb 17, 2011

Yep.

jymbojones posted:

Already started! I have most of a full set of the level 50 poetics gear.

Also, take a look in this thread on catgirl.bargains. You can post and goons will hook you up with a full set of level 60 gear.*

*Only applies on Excalibur as far as I know, blah blah etc.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

STEYR HAZER
Voted most likely to get eaten by a bird.

"I hope I don't get eaten by birds."

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Jinh posted:

This is a pretty sweet video game. Everyone can find something to enjoy!

I only play Verminion.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

I've only changed my hairstyle 3 times since 2.0 launch and never used a fantasia

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Countblanc posted:

Christ you're poo poo. Just unmitigated poo poo. Everyone here wishes you would leave forever.

FrostyJones
Sep 23, 2012

Ezrai Stormcrow
Anime Club
"Any pizza is a personal pizza if you believe in yourself!"

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

gently caress

YES

Corgiflop
Dec 1, 2005

Maximum Derp

Uh-oh.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Raine Autumnloft
Voted most likely to remember crafting food on step 39.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Arist posted:

gently caress

YES

good work gamer.

also dang people play a lot of woman characters in this thread

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Catgirls for life

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
When can I do POTD? When should I do it? Is it a good idea for a first character? I just finished up the dungeon with Squidface.

I just want to reiterate that it feels like I'm playing a multiplayer FFXII and I'm lovin' it.

Other dumb questions:
- I tried to sell a thing and it said I was spiritbound and I shouldn't. Where do you turn it into materia?
- Do dungeons drop stuff appropriate for the classes participating? I found a sweet lance with pink text.
- What are the restrictions of the glamour system? Do I need to carry around the item I want to glamour? When I update my equipment, will the transmog break, or stay in my cool look?
- Is there a setting to press the "auto-equip best stuff you have for this job" somewhere for when you switch weapons? Minor annoyance having to press it every time I feel like switching.

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Jun 8, 2017

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Firstborn posted:

When can I do POTD? When should I do it? Is it a good idea for a first character? I just finished up the dungeon with Squidface.

I just want to reiterate that it feels like I'm playing a multiplayer FFXII and I'm lovin' it.

Ehhh I would save PotD for later. It's really primarily useful as a powerlevelling tool for alt Jobs, and to go through the floor 1-200 experience once.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

kirbysuperstar posted:

Raine Autumnloft
Voted most likely to remember crafting food on step 39.

We have the exact opposite hair color scheme and I love it.

Crackerjack
Nov 7, 2004
crackalackin

Slippery Tilde

Chunni Harlow
"Nmmarrghnn...ahh! Argh!"

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Mac Zehn
Macro Monday Club, Treasurer
"{Smoke}{The Bole}{Can you help me?}"

Kuvo fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Jun 8, 2017

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Hi, I haven't played since clearing the Heavensward Main Scenario content. How much Post Heavensward patch MS content is there and is it conceivable to shotgun through it before Stormblood hits?

Also, will I be able to squeeze in the new Hildabrant stuff?

Gizmo Chicken
Feb 17, 2011

Yep.
There's around 44 quests, and you can easily do it before thursday.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Firstborn posted:

Other dumb questions:
- I tried to sell a thing and it said I was spiritbound and I shouldn't. Where do you turn it into materia?
- Do dungeons drop stuff appropriate for the classes participating? I found a sweet lance with pink text.
- What are the restrictions of the glamour system? Do I need to carry around the item I want to glamour? When I update my equipment, will the transmog break, or stay in my cool look?
- Is there a setting to press the "auto-equip best stuff you have for this job" somewhere for when you switch weapons? Minor annoyance having to press it every time I feel like switching.
POTD can be used for testing the waters with alt classes before you commit to leveling them: It has it's own gear and progression systems. You can hit level 60 very quickly in POTD but that level doesn't carry outside of POTD. You do get rewards for clearing sets of ten floors but that amounts to like 80% of your current level.

It's a quest-line that I THINK requires you to have level 20 or something in a crafting class.
Dungeon loot is totally random now but apparently is changing in Stormblood so the last boss will always drop an item that is usable by at least one party member.
Glamours are applied to a specific piece of armor, not an armor slot, so if you want to keep a glamour you need to re-apply it every time you change equipment. The equipment you use for the glamour is not destroyed in the process.
Yes, there is. I can't log on and find the button but look around your character sheet and it is definitely there.

Pierson fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Jun 9, 2017

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Firstborn posted:

Other dumb questions:

You right-click the thing and select 'convert'. You might need to unlock this by doing a quest in Central Thanalan, I forget.

You glamour stuff by using a consumable (but cheap) item called a prism. The glamour is applied to the target item, so when you upgrade you'll need to do it again. You can stash the 'appearance' item or sell it or whatever, although some glamour stuff binds when you use it.

Look into gearsets; you can press a button on a hotbar and auto-equip a specific set of gear, and when you get better gear it's just one press to update your gear set. I'd explain more but I'm phoneposting.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Thanks again!

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Dragged myself away from exit polls just for FF14 pal: It's the shiny button top-middle.

Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

Firstborn posted:

Other dumb questions:

I don't see any reason you shouldn't try potd now, but don't bother grinding it (aka running floors 51-60 a billion times) on your main class, since the msq will give you plenty of exp.

Phoneposting, but look up mutamix, there should be a quest to teach you how to convert spiritbonded gear into materia.

Right now dungeons will just drop gear for any class, but they have suggested that they will implement a system where you are given a piece of equipment for your class at the end of the dungeon.

For glams, you'll just need to have the glamour piece on you when you glam it, then you can stick it on a retainer and your armour will remain glammed. You'll need to reglam everytime you update your equipment though.

No, but are you using gear sets? You can save your current equipment to a set then swap back and forth without having to mash the auto equip button.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Raia Khatri
Voted off the island for endless dadjokes
What idiot called them Lalafell Dark Knights instead of Shrimp & Grit

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Saint Freak fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Jun 9, 2017

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

A disturbing lack of highdudes in these yearbook photos, I gotta fix that tonight

Of course I've spent $absurd on Fantasia over the years so I guess I can't speak for the superiority of a given race :negative:

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Countblanc posted:

also dang people play a lot of woman characters in this thread

What else would you play? :confused:

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Demicol posted:

Catgirls for life

Jessi Silfer
Most likely to drop enochian
"I was a red mage before it was cool"

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Ciaphas posted:

A disturbing lack of highdudes in these yearbook photos, I gotta fix that tonight

Of course I've spent $absurd on Fantasia over the years so I guess I can't speak for the superiority of a given race :negative:

I am terrible about this, I Fantasia somewhat frequently (not too much since $$$) and now that I have the stylist in my character's house, my hair changes like 3 times a week lol.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

More Lalafell:

Sasara Sara
Never Used a Fantasia and Lovin' It
"..."

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Vargatron Wintersun
Voted Worst with Directions
"What do you call a feline sharpshooter? ...A purrfect shot!"

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Grim Bluff
A catgirl on the inside
"What's going on? Why is this even in the yearbook? I graduated fifteen years ago!"

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Great time to do the Briardien quest for the facial reaction

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Leal posted:

Great time to do the Briardien quest for the facial reaction

:chloe:

• Locked thread