Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

I usually just use reflect ring + bone mail against rugwizard and wait it out if I don't have actual magic damage or spellblade. He'll usually kill himself with reflected spells and drain if he doesn't run out of mp first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

You can't even use Reflect in mobile, right, since he'll counter a reflected Scan with Return?

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
I can absolutely believe that something that dumb would happen, even if it manages to make less sense than casting Reset through Berserk

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

The Run is now locked as White Mage/Berserker/Beastmaster/Dragoon. Mikl, does this mean we're on for your toxx? :)

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Kyrosiris posted:

The Run is now locked as White Mage/Berserker/Beastmaster/Dragoon. Mikl, does this mean we're on for your toxx? :)

I am ready

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

AlphaKretin posted:

You can't even use Reflect in mobile, right, since he'll counter a reflected Scan with Return?

Omniscient doesn't have access to Libra in mobile. It got replaced with Thunder instead. (Probably a bug fix since he doesn't have access to it in the other versions.) Using Libra on him doesn't do anything either.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

ZiegeDame posted:

So what's the beastmaster catch of choice for dealing with Byblos?

Page 32's Banish, but you can also just use the Whip to paralyze him. It lasts awhile since he's not Heavy.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Kyrosiris posted:

That... I kinda wanna do that for Mikl's toxx. Not sure if Rug Wizard can be done with this but gently caress IT I'LL TRY IT ANYWAY. Might consider a toxx meself concerning Rug Wizard.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

widespread posted:

That... I kinda wanna do that for Mikl's toxx. Not sure if Rug Wizard can be done with this but gently caress IT I'LL TRY IT ANYWAY. Might consider a toxx meself concerning Rug Wizard.

You Berserk him and then spam blink.

Unless you're on loving mobile where he counters with return even when berserked for some stupid reason

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Supremezero posted:

Unless you're on loving mobile where he counters with return even when berserked for some stupid reason

Yeah, I would go white mage/dragoon into Magic side and give both !White. On the other side, take the berserker and beastmaster and just have the beastmaster on medic duty.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Supremezero posted:

I ain't doin' no version past GBA. Unless PSX is like GBA but on PSX.

Also when you say spam Blink, do you mean "give him Blink" or give yourself Blink.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

widespread posted:

I ain't doin' no version past GBA. Unless PSX is like GBA but on PSX.

Also when you say spam Blink, do you mean "give him Blink" or give yourself Blink.

Why would you give him blink.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Supremezero posted:

Why would you give him blink.

I don't loving know. Weirdness sets in round Fiesta times.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Nah, you spam it on yourself so whatever physical attacker (like I said, probably the Dragoon) can attack without the risk of getting turned into paste by berserk rugwizard (he melees for about ~2000 damage when berserked, so... yeah).

E: Also "spam" is probably the wrong term; he only has a speed of 26, so the only job he out-races are Beastmasters, Summoners, and Berserkers.

Kyrosiris fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Jun 9, 2017

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

You spam blink on yourself, since Rugwizard's physicals hit like a freight train full of bricks. It just means he can't reset.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

FF5/6 on PSX was fun at the time but holy poo poo, load times every random encounter is not acceptable in this day and age.

KharlanTree
Aug 21, 2014

Zerk zerk zerk zerk zerk
You see me I be
Zerk zerk zerk zerk zerk
The PSX version is the ony reason I know FFV exists. My disc didn't work, so I could never finish the game, but I could play enough to get me hooked.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

gently caress it, gonna do this maybe for my first run. That or SNES version.

KharlanTree
Aug 21, 2014

Zerk zerk zerk zerk zerk
You see me I be
Zerk zerk zerk zerk zerk
So I am doing Mikl's pledge run. I would like to share my runs last year:

As you can see, two runs with a White Mage as my Wind Job and a Berserker as my Water Job. Which means both runs had me using White Mage up to Garula, and then using mostly Berserkers up through Liquid Flame (and in one, through Sandworm.)

And it just occurred to me I get to do it again. :allears:

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

BER
ZER
KER

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Sorry, I was asleep :shobon: go for it! :)

I'll likely tally the runs and make a single donation once The Run starts, by the way.

Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

Wow ~The Run~ is the same job set I got assigned last year but never finished when I hit the final dungeon. Guess I'll watch this year and see how I could've beat the game had I continued!

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

You had White Mage but never finished the final dungeon? What made you give up? Boredom?

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Anyone have the catch/release guide for beastmasters throughout the game?

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

berenzen posted:

:tbear:

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

berenzen posted:

Kyro typed one up for each boss.

As you may expect, lots of bears.

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font
I have sprinkled the 'zerker tree with some nice growth formula.

Have fun this year, friends!

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Mega64 posted:

Kyro typed one up for each boss.

As you may expect, lots of bears.

Forza dropping the whip? I always knew Kyro was the real author of the Bare Only FAQ.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

So how many are currently in the tree for this year? I remember at least one year where everyone had at minimum 2, that was nuts.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Nomadic Scholar posted:

So how many are currently in the tree for this year? I remember at least one year where everyone had at minimum 2, that was nuts.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

So I was trying to do something, it didn't quite pan out, but I've got something else for the thread as a result.

For the 2-3 people out there who still have Scribblenauts Unmasked installed, I made a Berserker.

Put a battleaxe in his hands and watch him wreak havoc across the DC universe. This guy will attack anyone and anything until he dies, as god intended.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Samuel Clemens posted:

Forza dropping the whip? I always knew Kyro was the real author of the Bare Only FAQ.

Now this is just uncalled for. t:mad:

(I'll fix it later.)

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Mikl posted:

I'll likely tally the runs and make a single donation once The Run starts, by the way.

Time to rock and roll. :clint:

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
If only the script could be modded to have a random Carbybot quote every time his name is mentioned...

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Mikl posted:

doin dis

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Karlabos with a party of white mages was, uh, interesting.

On the plus side, the ship graveyard was super easy. This is also my first time playing the non-PSX version, so Faris speaking like a normal human being has been a weird adjustment.

derra
Dec 29, 2012
Pre-Karnak wasn't bad, per se, but it was satisfying getting the Beastmaster (and a :black101:) and start butchering bosses.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Only mod you really need is the music restoration mod to hear the sweet bass riffs in like every song of the ost

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

BrightWing posted:

Only mod you really need is the music restoration mod to hear the sweet bass riffs in like every song of the ost

I tried that patch and it caused fairly terrible amounts of slowdown out of battle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

Maleketh posted:

I tried that patch and it caused fairly terrible amounts of slowdown out of battle.

The current version shouldn't have that issue...? What platform are you playing it on?

• Locked thread