Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Staying with the Merchants

Also, to his esteemed majesty the Sultan, is it possible for there to be a special vote for which side of the League Wars we should join or will that have to be part of legislation?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

WilliamAnderson posted:

Staying with the Merchants

Also, to his esteemed majesty the Sultan, is it possible for there to be a special vote for which side of the League Wars we should join or will that have to be part of legislation?

Yes, yes, it would be nice to have a list of any of you who might vote to ally with France.

A nice, tidy list.

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

I can't help how loyal I am. I remain with the loyalists.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

TildeATH posted:

Yes, yes, it would be nice to have a list of any of you who might vote to ally with France.

A nice, tidy list.

Well who else are we going to ally with, the Catholics? Oh wait...

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Cure for cancer discovered!
Court physicians hate him!

WilliamAnderson posted:

If a faction wants to join a side in the League Wars, then it'd just be submitted as a policy.

everydayfalls
Aug 23, 2016

AJ_Impy posted:

Heretics, crusaders, rebels. Only Allah can clean up this mess.

On this at least we can agree, the Ulama have my support.

(Also it will take a few years for our manpower to grow back)

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Traitors, heretics, and sinners everywhere! i go on pilgrimage for a session and this is what happens? shameful. Only the Ulama can bring back the mandate of god we have clearly lost.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
We shouldn't join the christian wars at all. What would we be gaining for it that we can't gain declaring a war ourselves?

Let them destroy each other. We can prey on the weaker side while they do that.

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012

The odd dervish is fine, but to have whole cities fall under sway to followers of the idolatrous shia is an embarassment. The imams of Al-Andalus need direction from a strong Ulama, and I will be part of that.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
Question to Hashim, do those provinces that converted to Shia have the recently converted modifier, making them almost impossible to convert. Cause if so, that would suck.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

I want to spread to the Western lands, but now we are threatened. We are holy warriors surrounded by enemies. I must remain with the Taifas.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

I am joining the New Taifas so that our conquest of Iberia can be finalized and so then we can focus on internal matters.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
gently caress, we're so close to finishing up claiming the rest of Iberia. The last sultan made a right mess of things right at the end, we just need that little bit more. I'm torn, we need the stability, which makes me think Merchants, but I'm thinking that either the Taifas or the Loyalists will finally let us reach our goal of total peninsular control.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

catlord posted:

gently caress, we're so close to finishing up claiming the rest of Iberia. The last sultan made a right mess of things right at the end, we just need that little bit more. I'm torn, we need the stability, which makes me think Merchants, but I'm thinking that either the Taifas or the Loyalists will finally let us reach our goal of total peninsular control.

I feel like at this juncture making that last grab could cost us everything. The boat is drat near coming apart.

I feel you though. We're so close :(

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

We really should pick Humanist as our next idea group.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Frionnel posted:

We really should pick Humanist as our next idea group.

We really should with this situation we've got. And that's why the Merchants need to win.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Cure for cancer discovered!
Court physicians hate him!
The tally, shout if I missed something:

- 8, Lord Cyrahzax, Dick Trauma, Lynneth, Luhood, Frionnel, Mr_Autoshades, Flavius Belisarius, Mr.Morgenstern.

- 13, ThatBasqueGuy, MuteAllison, Hitlers Gay Secret, Snipe, Grizzwold, tunapirate, Slaan, Sinner Sandwich, Velius, AJ_Impy, everydayfalls, Agean90, Chatrapati.

- 15, GunnerJ, Soup du Jour, HiHo ChiRho, Crazycryodude, Talas, Ikasuhito, Captain Oblivious, paragon1, Mikl, Yvonmukluk, Technowolf, Aeromancia, Rubix Squid, Invader Zym, WilliamAnderson.

- 8, RZApublican, mcclay, TildeATH, sheep-dodger, Mountaineer, Affi, Archaeology Hat, Alikchi.

gbuchold
Oct 7, 2007

We feel free because we lack the very language to articulate our unfreedom.
Pillbug

I stand with the sultan, long may he reign.

(Man if two separate ellipses don't put the fear of Allah into you then you deserve what you're about to get)

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Staying with the Taifas

I like the new kid. Seems smarter than who we thought we were up for.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Captain Oblivious posted:

I feel like at this juncture making that last grab could cost us everything. The boat is drat near coming apart.

I feel you though. We're so close :(

You're right.

I join the Merchants. Stability, gold and brotherhood!

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

We could at least grab Aragon. It's not allied to us or France, and two more provinces won't break our country.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

It is clear that our sectarian divides render Andalusia ungovernable; the slightest defeat or upset causes the ship of state to come apart at the seams. We must of course always hold the light of Allah first in our hearts, but if we lead the poor deluded masses of the world with the same grace and mercy the Greatest shows us, then we will all be the better for it. Also, gold is pretty freaking amazing. I, Qu'rum, side with the League of Merchants.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Quorum posted:

It is clear that our sectarian divides render Andalusia ungovernable; the slightest defeat or upset causes the ship of state to come apart at the seams. We must of course always hold the light of Allah first in our hearts, but if we lead the poor deluded masses of the world with the same grace and mercy the Greatest shows us, then we will all be the better for it. Also, gold is pretty freaking amazing. I, Qu'rum, side with the League of Merchants.

I have changed my mind. Internal matters must come first, then we can finish our conquest of Iberia. I stand with the League of Merchants.

OOC: Which faction can ask to put forth Humanism?

Mr.Morgenstern fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Jun 9, 2017

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010
Guys, there can still some low level of colonization with the Ulama, but there will be no conversation of our restless Christian (and now also Shia) provinces without the Ulama. We get colonists spawned for free no matter what. We don't get missionaries unless the Ulama is in control. Yes, we can have coalition policies for conversation, but they are far less effective.

Please, let's do the long-term thing for once instead of all these short-term schemes for immediate profit.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

An alternative way to get out of this religious crisis is to pick Humanism as our next idea group, then proceed to tolerate THE poo poo out of everyone. It just depends on what you prefer for us. We're only hosed if we do neither.

The question is when we're going to be eligible to pick another idea group.

Mr.Morgenstern posted:

OOC: Which faction can ask to put forth Humanism?

Pretty sure Hashim said it's the Merchants.

And with that said, since the Taifas is going down and the other thing i like is colonization, i'm going to change my mind and:

Join the merchants

Frionnel fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Jun 9, 2017

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

Frionnel posted:

An alternative way to get out of this religious crisis is to pick Humanism as our next idea group, then proceed to tolerate THE poo poo out of everyone. It just depends on what you prefer for us. We're only hosed if we do neither.

This is still a less optimal choice especially for the games after EU4 though. It's a bandaid for a situation that requires surgery.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Snipee posted:

This is still a less optimal choice especially for the games after EU4 though. It's a bandaid for a situation that requires surgery.

Truly, a less optimal choice in this LP????

Did you miss the CK2 segment or what :v:

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Sure, if we're speaking purely on game terms, converting is better in EU4. But we're doing less playing optimally and more fluff. I mean, in EU4 your provinces don't suddenly go Shia if you stop converting christians either.

And for Vicky 2 and HoI4, anything could happen. Depends on what Hashim does with the scenario, and we still have another 250 years of EU4.

Frionnel fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Jun 9, 2017

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Yeah, really we should be officially tolerating the hell out of cultures, because it's not like religion matters come 1836. All the more reason for the League to be in charge!

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

Captain Oblivious posted:

Truly, a less optimal choice in this LP????

Did you miss the CK2 segment or what :v:

Good point.

I'll shut up and continue celebrating the U.K. snap election results now.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
I just want us to border a Hindu so we can become Sikhs.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Sultans come and go, and Al Andalus prevails regardless of their quality. We merchants must do our part to ensure it continues to do so.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Snipee posted:

Please, let's do the long-term thing for once instead of all these short-term schemes for immediate profit.

Agreed, which is why everyone should Join The Merchants because the New World is the future.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!

I remain with the League

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012
I dunno, as much as I want to make the reasonable choice I've been playing a raving, warmongering madman all this time. I can't really stop now with a good conscience.

devildragon777
May 17, 2014

They'd be a lot more scary if they were more than an inch tall each.

Staying with the Ulama. I'm pretty sure Al-Andalus is in dire need of Allah's guiding hand right now.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Luhood posted:

I dunno, as much as I want to make the reasonable choice I've been playing a raving, warmongering madman all this time. I can't really stop now with a good conscience.

And yet you didn't support my war against Morocco! Not raving warmongering madman enough if you ask me :colbert:

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012

Frionnel posted:

And yet you didn't support my war against Morocco! Not raving warmongering madman enough if you ask me :colbert:

I'm a raving, warmongering madman against the RIGHT people! Or do you think the Rhine sounds like a reasonable border of al-Andalus? :colbert:

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

I'll join with the merchants

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

[clearly not Sultana Fatima in a fake beard]