Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Phantasium posted:

they... they just announced a new Bubsy game

What? April 1 was months ago!

(Alternatively: "What could possibly go wrong?")

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Random Stranger posted:

What? April 1 was months ago!

(Alternatively: "What could possibly go wrong?")

Bub game is real now. Got a VA voiced 30 sec trailer and a faux interview with Bubsy.

Wonder if this is gonna cause the cart prices to drop like mad.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Could the cart prices get any lower?

Also, this is no sonic mania that's for sure

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.
I don't hate the first two Bubsy games but even I am still asking why this is happening :confused:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Yeah, I still have my bubsy Genesis cart from when I was a kid and I agree, the originals are enough.

Has anyone checked in on ulililia?

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Bubsy design doc: what if Sonic was faster and died in one hit? What could possibly go wrong?

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
Also had fall damage and a way tighter camera.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Instagram is fun for weird stuff I've never seen and never will again. Also for a million Super Mario Bros / Duck Hunt carts.

e: The thing can apparently accept both types of RGB pinouts somehow.

Heran Bago fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Jun 8, 2017

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

That's a very interesting SCART -> component transcoder/switch, I guess

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

What instagram tags bring that thing up holy crap

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

I have used 41 of 300 characters allowed.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

What instagram tags bring that thing up holy crap

#retro #unspeakable #fullofstars #impossiblegeometry #bubsy1080p

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

falz posted:

Speaking of Rennovation, Game Sack has two episodes about them that are worth a watch. Well I guess almost all of their videos are worth a watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Je0JQbELovo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vo7jP2nG54Y

Also I cheated my way through Gaiares the other day and it was great. Boss on the 2nd to last stage took like literally a billion hits to die, I don't see how one could have done that without cheating.

I'm watching these now because Rennovation always seems to have the weirdest box art/games whenever I'm in the Genesis section of my local retro shop. I appreciate that they're showing off all these games, but literally ten seconds into the first review, the guy doing the review is mentioning the Valis protagonist's "super sexy outfit."

Sigh.

Can we just burn down the internet now?

Or at least youtube?

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Allen Wren posted:

I'm watching these now because Rennovation always seems to have the weirdest box art/games whenever I'm in the Genesis section of my local retro shop. I appreciate that they're showing off all these games, but literally ten seconds into the first review, the guy doing the review is mentioning the Valis protagonist's "super sexy outfit."

Sigh.

Can we just burn down the internet now?

Or at least youtube?

I'm going to assume this is your first Game Sack episode so let me preface by saying it's the most "dad" retro show. They make inoffensively bad jokes spoken in an almost deadpan cadence and even have an episode where they rip on themselves for being boring compared to other energetic youtube reviewers. The comment was sarcastic and they totally roll their eyes with that poo poo.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Caitlin posted:

I don't hate the first two Bubsy games but even I am still asking why this is happening :confused:

It's being made by the Giana Sisters developers, so if anyone can salvage a crap knockoff it's probably them. It also probably explains the why, come to think of it...

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

al-azad posted:

I'm going to assume this is your first Game Sack episode so let me preface by saying it's the most "dad" retro show. They make inoffensively bad jokes spoken in an almost deadpan cadence and even have an episode where they rip on themselves for being boring compared to other energetic youtube reviewers. The comment was sarcastic and they totally roll their eyes with that poo poo.

Allen Wren just needs more MEGA POWER

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

I think I'm gonna have to stream some Bubsy tonight and hate myself.

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

al-azad posted:

I'm going to assume this is your first Game Sack episode--

OK, but why don't they know how to talk like humans? Like, why is every word said at the same speed with no pausing between sentences or emphasis anywhere?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Self-awareness =/= insincerity.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

...but I don't want energetic? I want professional. Not, yaknow, leering.

URL grey tea
Jun 1, 2004

IT'S A SAD THING THAT YOUR ADVENTURES HAVE ENDED HERE!!
Unfortunately, Game Sack may not be For You

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Baron Snow posted:

OK, but why don't they know how to talk like humans? Like, why is every word said at the same speed with no pausing between sentences or emphasis anywhere?

It's the shtick of the show. I'm not sure I fully appreciate/like it, but it's definitely intentional.

I started watching their videos cause they have some pretty good information and the style grew on me a little over time.

falz
Jan 29, 2005

01100110 01100001 01101100 01111010
They read their from scripts they wrote and aren't that good at it. It's great.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Game sack owns, haters vacate

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

I have used 41 of 300 characters allowed.
Gamesack haters are entitled to their dumbass opinions

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Okay, before I :retrogames: on accident here, I must ask. What're some of the more reliable EZFlashIV models out there? Last thing I want to do is order one online and get shafted.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

widespread posted:

Okay, before I :retrogames: on accident here, I must ask. What're some of the more reliable EZFlashIV models out there? Last thing I want to do is order one online and get shafted.

The current model that was refreshed in the last year or two that supports Micro SD cards, the original started out on Mini SD. The refresh is easy to spot as they are black carts while the original is a translucent milky white.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

8-bit Miniboss posted:

The current model that was refreshed in the last year or two that supports Micro SD cards, the original started out on Mini SD. The refresh is easy to spot as they are black carts while the original is a translucent milky white.

So any model that has a black cart. Got it. Or... is it more complex than that.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

widespread posted:

So any model that has a black cart. Got it. Or... is it more complex than that.

I'm unaware of any bootlegs for the EZFlashIV so you should be relatively safe.

This is what they look like: http://www.ezflash.cn/product/ez-flash-iv/

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

8-bit Miniboss posted:

I'm unaware of any bootlegs for the EZFlashIV so you should be relatively safe.

This is what they look like: http://www.ezflash.cn/product/ez-flash-iv/

Alrighty then. For reference, I got this from Amazon, coming June 10th.

Fingers crossed I don't get hosed? But as you said, I should be fine.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

widespread posted:

Alrighty then. For reference, I got this from Amazon, coming June 10th.

Fingers crossed I don't get hosed? But as you said, I should be fine.

Dude's Amazon seller rating is less than stellar, but it's slightly better than dealing with Chinese import shops.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Bubsy is significantly more tolerable, almost good, when you're able to rewind.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 29 hours!

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

A cursed image.

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.
I enjoyed bubsy 1 enough to beat it as a kid.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

cosmicjim posted:

I enjoyed bubsy 1 enough to beat it as a kid.

Same. Beat Bubsy 2 as well. Can't get past the first level today so I don't know, I must've been an idiot savant back in the day.

falz posted:

They read their from scripts they wrote and aren't that good at it. It's great.

Yeah, Game Sack is like a basement public access show except they're highly proficient in their $20,000 worth of equipment. Even their arcade reviews are running off original boards. They're high budget Classic Game Room packed into thirty minutes.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

As a kid I always got stuck in the train level in bubsy. I literally haven't played it since I was a kid.

Anonymouse Mook
Jul 12, 2006

Showing Vettel the way since 1979

I've started having an issue with PS2 and original Xbox component sources and my Framemeister. It looks like sync issues, with the screen randomly jerking around. I have uploaded a brief video of the issue here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGLWeY2RKDI

I recently shuffled around a my equipment to accommodate a new receiver, so it's possible I have nudged something. I have tested the consoles both via my component switch into the D-terminal adapter and directly to it, the same issue persists. I have tried unplugging everything and back in again to make sure that things are connected OK

Could it be an issue with the D-terminal to component cable?

xamphear
Apr 9, 2002

SILK FOR CALDÉ!
Have you tried a factory reset of the Framemeister?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

His dick is a soldier from Metal Gear Solid. That's badass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

univbee posted:

His dick is a soldier from Metal Gear Solid. That's badass.

If that's as alert as it gets, you can't help but feel sorry for the guy :v:.

• Locked thread