Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
https://twitter.com/Messina2012/status/872792410572632066

eat poo poo you technocrat freak haha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Tacky-rear end Rococco posted:

if the tories need the dup then won't they have to pledge to murder all catholics in order to form a government?

they'll just want devolution

Concerned Citizen has issued a correction as of 04:02 on Jun 9, 2017

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

brugroffil posted:

Someone give me a US analog for Canterbury. Like "labour winning there would be like Democrats winning in"

The last time a Tory didn't lead the vote was 1837, I don't think there is an analogue.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

bawfuls posted:

So the right wing party in Northern Ireland is happy to caucus with the Tories, but the left wing party in Northern Ireland has a hard policy of protesting the UK and thus doesn't take their seats. This has the effect of making it easier for Conservatives to form a government.

Is that about right? Leftists ratfucking themselves out of power as usual?

I dunno if UK politics are that reductive.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

476 seats out of 650

Labour 215

Conservative 207

SNP 27

DUP 8

Sinn Fein 6

Plaid Cymru 3

Ulster Unionist Party 0

Lib Dem 9

Independent 1

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

bawfuls posted:

So the right wing party in Northern Ireland is happy to caucus with the Tories, but the left wing party in Northern Ireland has a hard policy of protesting the UK and thus doesn't take their seats. This has the effect of making it easier for Conservatives to form a government.
Yes but at other times it has made it easier for Labour and has been their strongly held principle for a hundred years.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

anime was right posted:

can you smell what thurrock is cooking?

no because british food has no flavor or smell

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

lol

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Shear Modulus posted:

no because british food has no flavor or smell

chicken tikki masala is amazing

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

uh, we may be the losers

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

bawfuls posted:

Kinda but to be fair this is like an ironclad ethos of theirs that they've never budged no matter who was on top for ages. It results in situations like this, sure, but it's hardly an active ratfucking of one specific group.

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

babypolis posted:

is it time for despair once again

always

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

brugroffil posted:

Someone give me a US analog for Canterbury. Like "labour winning there would be like Democrats winning in"

like a US representative district from the panhandle of Texas going Democrat

not like the whole state flipping.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

PostNouveau posted:

Soon .... soon ...

*Dem loses governors race by 20*

So soon ...

We just need to convince Popovich to challenge Ted Cruz

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

sexpig by night posted:

Kinda but to be fair this is like an ironclad ethos of theirs that they've never budged no matter who was on top for ages. It results in situations like this, sure, but it's hardly an active ratfucking of one specific group.

it's a pretty dang cool principle to uphold, but i don't know why anybody votes to have no representation in parliament.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

PostNouveau posted:

I dunno if UK politics are that reductive.
yeah if sinn fein sat in parliament it wouldn't be sinn fein

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Sky is predicting Conservatives have no way to reach 326, but is also thinking Sinn Fein will form a coalition.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

bawfuls posted:

I mean it's not a "leftist" "rightist" issue, Sinn Fein think of themselves as separate from "the state" for reasons to do with the war

It would be a big deal if they played ball, not because they're especially extremist but because of their history of abstentionism and the JEREMY CORBYN: LITERAL MEMBER OF THE IRA stuff all over the papers

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

it's a pretty dang cool principle to uphold, but i don't know why anybody votes to have no representation in parliament.
Because they believe parliament involves fealty to the queen that they don't agree with.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Bill Mitchell is a campaigning genius, we were all so ignorant

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/britainelects/status/873011951592517632

labor capturing all the vales, corbyn on verge of taking iron throne

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
SkyNews shows a 215-215 tie. Seems like that Conservative surge finally happened.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/bengoldacre/status/854301025414598656

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
Wales is almost entirely red.

:bernin:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

yea I don't exactly get it, but I also live in a country that hasn't been property of another for centuries so maybe I don't have the perspective to speak on its validity. I respect them for sticking to it no matter what through the years.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Take my energy corbyn ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ s

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
conservatives are going to pull ahead of labour entirely on the back of snp's failure. lmao, but not really lmao

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

they've clearly made a lot of progress with this policy over the past 100 years

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Vox Nihili posted:

https://twitter.com/britainelects/status/873011951592517632

labor capturing all the vales, corbyn on verge of taking iron throne

Put May Through The Moon Door!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

What's taking London so long to report?

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

uh, we may be the losers
Sinn Fein don't love the idea of the oath to the queen, but the principle of abstentionism is based in the idea that organs of the British state have no legitimacy in Ireland. They've already compromised the idea by taking seats in Stormont, their refusal to sit in Westminster is far more strategic than principled.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Venuz Patrol posted:

conservatives are going to pull ahead of labour entirely on the back of snp's failure. lmao, but not really lmao
nah they're getting like 12 MPs in scotland at most, and Labour are taking back seats in Scotland too.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

SKULL.GIF posted:

What's taking London so long to report?

Among other things, high turn-out's driving everything back. A couple of seats have needed full recounts too because they were so close.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

rudatron posted:

Corny
Feb 18, 2006

i am scared

rudatron posted:

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
lol what the hell is this guy in the back?

also lmao british news is light years ahead of our news, look at this screen they've stolen from a TF2 control room

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

rudatron posted:

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Take my energy corbyn ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ