Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Race Realists posted:

i feel like the whole alcoholic thing didnt come along until Busiek's run on Avengers

Yeah, Busiek had her drinking to help her cope with being dramatically depowered.

That was nearly 20 years ago, which blows my mind, but it's stuck around a bit. She goes to an AA meeting in one of Bendis's issues of Iron Man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Shiki Dan posted:

You do know that it is only the default roster, right?

Kamala Khan will prob be unlockable b/c she won't be important to the main story, which is what the default roster is based on.

lol there are no unlockable characters in games anymore.

Having a boring, mainly MVC3 roster but putting cool characters like Venom behind a DLC gate is a bad idea. Did they really learn nothing from SFV, which nickle and dimes you for every loving stage, costume, feature, and character?

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine

FilthyImp posted:

I feel like no one was really quibbling over the mass market appeal of Doc Strange, Rocket, Deadpool or Taskmaster when MvsC3 released. So arguing that a female character needs to be both "interesting" and "recognizable" to earn a spot on the roster just seems like dumb guy internet posting.

It's funny b/c Deadpool was chosen explicitly for his mass market appeal, and all of the Marvel characters added in UMvC3 were chosen by Capcom specifically BECAUSE they were characters that Capcom wanted to create due to the variety that their playstyles added to the game.

Which you would have known if you actually played the games and weren't just some SJW comic scrub here to poo poo up this topic.

DLC Inc posted:

lol there are no unlockable characters in games anymore.

Vanilla MvC3 had 4.
But yeah, I'd expect to be nickel-and-dimed for most of the characters this time around.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Arzachel posted:

Drop Hulk, add She-Hulk

Drop Hulk, add Hulkling (And Wiccan)

:quig:

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Shiki Dan posted:

It's funny b/c Deadpool was chosen explicitly for his mass market appeal, and all of the Marvel characters added in UMvC3 were chosen by Capcom specifically BECAUSE they were characters that Capcom wanted to create due to the variety that their playstyles added to the game.

Which you would have known if you actually played the games and weren't just some SJW comic scrub here to poo poo up this topic.

Vanilla MvC3 had 4.
But yeah, I'd expect to be nickel-and-dimed for most of the characters this time around.

ya this I agree but without calling him an sjw scrub (there's no reason to classify subgroups of scrubs)

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Shiki Dan posted:

lmao calm down

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
There are almost as many robots/aliens/monster things than there are human women :lol:

Hippopo
Apr 2, 2017

*sigh*

Shneak posted:

There are almost as many robots/aliens/monster things than there are human women :lol:

Women are equally as fearsome! :ohdear:

Xeremides
Feb 21, 2011

There Diomedes aimed and stabbed, he gouged him down
his glistening flesh and wrenched the spear back out
and the brazen god of war let loose a shriek, roaring,
thundering loud as nine, ten thousand combat soldiers
shriek with Ares' fury when massive armies clash.
Marvel vs Capcom: Gender War

Danvers is going to make all the wrong decisions in this one, too.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Shiki Dan posted:

We talkin' Movie Mass Market appeal, or Comic Nerd Mass Market Appeal? Because the guys I cited didn't have a Major Motion Picture under their belt when MvsC3 happened. Deadpool's a fan favorite for Marvel readers, but some rando circa 2013 would have thought he was a Spidey skin or something.

quote:

Bruh I'm not redpilling the thread over what Iconic Instantly Recognizable :females: deserve a spot on the roster (that could have gone to a Rightful Male Character).

It's a retread lineup overall and doesn't capitalize on Marvel's position as a cornerstone of modern pop culture.
I think we can decry the lack of imagination with the lineup and simultaneously note that it's light on the girls.

Archenteron posted:

Drop Hulk, add Hulkling (And Wiccan)

:quig:
This is a good post.

Though I think they're constrained by the Infinity Gauntlet storyline, so they'll want to recreate whatever iconic scenes Cap, Hulk, Spidey and the rest have. Just with Ultron Sigma in place.
It's just too bad they don't go whole hog and give us a Netherrealm style story mode.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Gamora is just gonna be She Hulk but with a sword and gun lmao

Yondu would have been a more interesting character in a fighting game even if he'd be a zoner. Nebula is more interesting character wise and she's just a moody robot with guns. Heck they could have taken Wolverine's moveset and put them on Drax and his duel wielding blades. Only character worse/more boring from a gameplay standpoint would be Starlord guy with jetpack and guns.

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 21:30 on May 31, 2017

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

To be fair we have no idea how any of these characters are going to play. Gamora might be ownage and fun to play in spite of being a lovely boring character.

Sentinel is pretty cool in the VS series but he's literally just one of a bunch a big dumb robot who gets owned all the time.

fadam fucked around with this message at 21:33 on May 31, 2017

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
for sure if capcom has shown anything its their ability to create fun and engaging characters with powerful and interesting mechanics

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

dangerdoom volvo posted:

for sure if capcom has shown anything its their ability to create fun and engaging characters with powerful and interesting mechanics

Anything's possible bro.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

The game will be fun but I prefered the MvC3 system more they should have just sticked to that instead of putting SFxT with a Marvel skin.

Anyway hopefully the game is as hype as its predecessor. I need Mahvel in my evo.

Hippopo
Apr 2, 2017

*sigh*

fadam posted:

To be fair we have no idea how any of these characters are going to play. Gamora might be ownage and fun to play in spite of being a lovely boring character.

Sentinel is pretty cool in the VS series but he's literally just one of a bunch a big dumb robot who gets owned all the time.

I agree with this; in my head I treat comic Dr. Doom and Marvel Doom completely different.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
More rumors dropping on Reddit:

- DLC coming in seasons, each season introducing 6-8 new characters, season 2 tentatively themed as Fantastic Four vs. Darkstalkers coming early 2018 and will probably include:
Doom
Skrull
Silver Surfer
She-Hulk
Felicia
Jon Talbain
2 more Darkstalkers (Hsien-Ko likely as one)

- DLC season 3 tentatively themed as X-Men focused, possibly when Wolverine, Cyclops, and Deadpool will be released alongside more mainline Street Fighter characters.
- Other rumored DLC characters include Doctor Octopus, Venom, Songbird, Ms. Marvel, Black Panther, Star-Lord, Black Widow, Leon, Captain Commando, and Asura.
- VERY DLC heavy game, Capcom seems to want to target 4 DLC seasons per year with the belief that the game will sell because it's MvC and the DLC will sell because it will have the characters people wanted in the first place.
- GnG getting 2 slots on the Capcom side is because of a new GnG game being worked on by Capcom Vancouver that is supposedly "More realistic and set on Earth in the 1970s."

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
That's absolute bullshit because Capcom can't even finish one character a month in SF5 and all of those are Generic Blonde Person with moves stolen from various other characters in Capcom games.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

What I'd like to know is when MvC2 is getting released on PSN again.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

That's absolute bullshit because Capcom can't even finish one character a month in SF5 and all of those are Generic Blonde Person with moves stolen from various other characters in Capcom games.

That assumes the DLC characters aren't basically done and aren't being intentionally held back to milk the userbase which is exactly the kind of thing I now expect from Capcom.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

CubsWoo posted:

- DLC coming in seasons, each season introducing 6-8 new characters, season 2 tentatively themed as Fantastic Four vs. Darkstalkers coming early 2018 and will probably include:
Doom
Skrull
Silver Surfer
She-Hulk
Felicia
Jon Talbain

- DLC season 3 tentatively themed as X-Men focused, possibly when Wolverine, Cyclops, and Deadpool will be released alongside more mainline Street Fighter characters.
- Other rumored DLC characters include Doctor Octopus, Venom, Songbird, Ms. Marvel, Black Panther, Star-Lord, Black Widow, Leon, Captain Commando, and Asura.
- VERY DLC heavy game, Capcom seems to want to target 4 DLC seasons per year with the belief that the game will sell because it's MvC and the DLC will sell because it will have the characters people wanted in the first place.
- GnG getting 2 slots on the Capcom side is because of a new GnG game being worked on by Capcom Vancouver that is supposedly "More realistic and set on Earth in the 1970s."

I can see the first leak being legit, but this is just bullshit. There's no way any of this will happen.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

CubsWoo posted:

That assumes the DLC characters aren't basically done and aren't being intentionally held back to milk the userbase which is exactly the kind of thing I now expect from Capcom.

Given the anemic schedule and delays each S2 character/update gets I'm honestly more inclined to believe incompetence rather than malice at this point.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Fantasic Four vs. Darkstalkers! No actual Fantastic 4 members included

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
can combofiend keep his job after mvci or will this be like his sfxt to seth killian

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
That DLC list doesn't have Shuma-Gorath or Roll so I'm gonna declare it fake and bad

Black Panther should really be base game though

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

CubsWoo posted:

Atleast lets hope Capcom doesn't make the same mistake as keeping the dlc ON the game file but then unlocking when you pay like they did in SfxT I believe.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

CubsWoo posted:

It plainly doesn't cost time or effort to make new characters, so why Capcom insists on placing monetary value on them is ridiculous.

There's no malice involved because they don't give two shits, there is however wilful ignorance about why games are made coming from people making this kind of statement.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

CubsWoo posted:

Doom
Skrull
Silver Surfer
She-Hulk
Felicia
Jon Talbain

I don't believe any of this because it presumes that capcom can get anything done in a timely manner, but I could go for a new GnG/Maximo game

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Capcom planning to make another Street Fighter 5 style release and then completely being unable to follow up on their own plans sounds perfectly reasonable for how dumb they are

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Zand posted:

can combofiend keep his job after mvci or will this be like his sfxt to seth killian

He's already ahead of schedule on burning all the community good will he built up over the years

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
can they please just PLEASE fire capcom's idiot CEO? That loving moron has all but run this company into the ground and he cares more about his loving wine vinyard then he does creating a quality product

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I don't think you understand that the game industry in Japan is all but run by the yakuza and they're all about milking for money

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

That DLC list doesn't have Shuma-Gorath or Roll so I'm gonna declare it fake and bad

you will never see shuma gorath in another marvel game ever again, he was relevant in like two comics decades ago and only got into MVC3 because of extreme capcom begging (and then only as DLC)

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

CubsWoo posted:

ahh, the good ol' street fighter x tekken strategy.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
some more roster leaks?

https://gamerant.com/marvel-vs-capcom-infinite-roster-dlc/

quote:

Capcom
Mega Man X
Ryu
Chris
Morrigan
Chun-Li
Strider Hiryu
Sigma (as DLC)
Nemesis
Hunter (from Monster Hunter)
Rathalos (may have been cut)
Arthur
Firebrand
Leon Kennedy
Jedah
Nathan Spencer
Captain Commando
Dante
Frank West
Asura

Marvel
Iron Man
Captain Marvel
Captain America
Hulk
Thor
Ultron
Hawkeye
Rocket (Groot is now part of his moveset)
Spider-Man
Doctor Octopus
Venom (planned as DLC)
Songbird
Ms. Marvel
Ant-Man
Thanos
Black Panther
Doctor Strange
Star-Lord
Black Widow

One thing to note about this latest roster leak is that it isn’t representative of the launch roster. Rikurikumore made sure to confirm that his source mentioned a few of the characters above, such as Venom, would arrive later.

its probably bull, but asura would be a cool character and such a no brainer

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Jun 8, 2017

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

at this point it's just a legion of idiots taking the original rumor and stacking additional feet of bullshit on it again and again. none of it matters because every single new rumor sounds worse than the last. LOL if anyone thinks 3-month timespans for gobs of DLC is realistic let alone sane

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

At this point, I think the game itself is a rumor. It's never happening.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I want Asura's arcade mode ending to be him home with his wife and daughter in peace, playing volleyball with his brother in law like it's Top Gun but it won't happen because that rumor is BS.

Hippopo
Apr 2, 2017

*sigh*

Gologle posted:

I want Asura's arcade mode ending to be him home with his wife and daughter in peace, playing volleyball with his brother in law like it's Top Gun but it won't happen because that rumor is BS.

I want his ending to be the post-credits scene from Asura's Wrath.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
i just forgot how rad Marvel NOW Angela is and how she'd be an amazing character in this game

• Locked thread