Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

Homeless Friend posted:

lol thread title

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

tarbrush posted:

You need a 2/3rds majority vote to call an election, or lose a confidence motion. So unlikely that whoever the next pm is gets to call an election on their terms.

Bryter posted:

You can call an election early by getting a 2/3 vote in parliament, having a simple majority vote of no confidence in the government, or by repealing the act itself. It's not worth the paper it's written on, turns out.

this is a really cool day, guys

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

sexpig by night posted:

wait is DUP really demanding a soft brexit instead of the planned one in exchange for them bending the knee?

lol if they're dumb enough to believe tories

how would soft :flaccid: brexit work anyway? i thought the eu basically told England to lie in the bed they made

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
29 seats to go, Conservatives at 299, so majority is not mathematically eliminated yet. Come onnnnn.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

public tolerance for yet another election would be low

which is lucky because corbyn might not do so well against a less miserably poo poo campaign lol

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

got any sevens posted:

how would soft :flaccid: brexit work anyway? i thought the eu basically told England to lie in the bed they made
give in to merkel's harsh demands for access to single market

so not really a brexit

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The absolute loving state of it all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNAGkcC-NAM

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
One more seat to Labour, Conservatives can now only lose 2 more seats.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

give in to merkel's harsh demands for access to single market

so not really a brexit

basically, yea. A soft brexit is functionally not really a brexit, you stay in the EU market and don't totally seal your borders off. Maybe you get to be a little more draconian in who you let in but you'll still likely have to let citizens of other EU countries in and all still

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

got any sevens posted:

lol if they're dumb enough to believe tories

This lays out the basics of various options from softest (Norway) to hardest (WTO)

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

tiny brain: elections are like veep
normal brain: elections are like house of cards
giant brain: elections are like harry potter
galaxy brain: elections are like game of thrones

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
https://twitter.com/FootBoIa/status/872987950967083008

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
would you serve in a loving cabinet? answer the question. it's not about theresa may.

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames
so much ejaculate tonight

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Bryter posted:

This lays out the basics of various options from softest (Norway) to hardest (WTO)

also keep in mind a switzerland-type deal is very unlikely, p much everyone in the eu regrets making it

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
Ugggghhhh so close, just need two more seats to go not-blue.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

BarronsArtGallery posted:

so much ejaculate tonight
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tdyU_gW6WE

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

pathetic little tramp posted:

Ugggghhhh so close, just need two more seats to go not-blue.

please sweet baby jebus

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
Lol, conservatives literally thought they were going to get an 80 seat majority and lost Canterbury instead.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Lol, conservatives literally thought they were going to get an 80 seat majority and lost Canterbury instead.

it's really loving cool

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames
lol when you fucks end up with PM BoJo tho

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers
:getin:

https://twitter.com/business/status/873035852066074626

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
conservatives

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/aljwhite/status/872990667085053955

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
Northern Ireland strictly votes for DUP or Sinn Fein, do Labour and Conservatives even run over there?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

has it

has it happened?

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

:dong: parliament

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Northern Ireland strictly votes for DUP or Sinn Fein, do Labour and Conservatives even run over there?

no, in fact there's a whole spectrum of NI-only political parties besides the two with westminster seats

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
Ashfield goes Labour! Conservatives now need to win every remaining seat to retain their majority, so one more loss and it's official.

edit: I mean, I know BBC has already announced it's hung, but I experienced November 2016 so I need solid poo poo.

Also, love all these interviews on Sky with people wrapping up tables in the background.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's frankly astounding how badly the Tories have hosed up over these last two years. The Brexit referendum will go down in history as the worst mistake a European leader has made since Operation Barbarossa.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Ashfield goes Labour! Conservatives now need to win every remaining seat to retain their majority, so one more loss and it's official.

edit: I mean, I know BBC has already announced it's hung, but I experienced November 2016 so I need solid poo poo.

Also, love all these interviews on Sky with people wrapping up tables in the background.

no you're right to not pop any corks until the final numbers.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

They need to lose 1 for a technical hanging. 8 for a practical hanging.

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames
northern ireland is poo poo, belfast is poo poo, why the gently caress would you even want that place in your union? it's like the alabama of your country and I say this as someone born and raised in alabama who's loving been to NI

loving hicks all over with a diff accent

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

I think the only safe thing to say right now is that May is out. She was expecting to gain a lot of seats and got her rear end handed to her.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

hung parliament is certain
good news for jeb!!!

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
Alan Whitehead wins Southampton Test, and the majority is dead!

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

BarronsArtGallery posted:

northern ireland is poo poo, belfast is poo poo, why the gently caress would you even want that place in your union? it's like the alabama of your country and I say this as someone born and raised in alabama who's loving been to NI

loving hicks all over with a diff accent

Yeah honestly get rid of them and the scots

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/PissPigGrandma/status/873038936976670721

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Looks like Daddy Corbyn isn’t going to be the only thing in parliament that’s hung 😩💦😩💦

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames

BiohazrD posted:

Yeah honestly get rid of them and the scots

nah scotland is actually fuckin beautiful and i like their fuckin accent and they aren't stuck up their own assholes