Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Rafzakael Talket
Voted most likely to gently caress up a tank swap

"what the gently caress is Cold Feet"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Zaphod42 posted:

Ah dangit, shoulda gone with "source your quotes"

I respect earnest posting.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
hey guys sorry I missed picture day so my mom grabbed a photo from our picture drawer at home

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Coughing Hobo posted:

hey guys sorry I missed picture day so my mom grabbed a photo from our picture drawer at home

Well, I didn't vote for you.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe

Coughing Hobo posted:

your hair looks like sherbet, i love it

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
tfw mom keeps shirtless pics of their handsome adult son

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Countblanc posted:

tfw mom keeps shirtless pics of their handsome adult son

You think I'm handsome? :blush:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Welp, preordered the expansion. Like I could possibly hold out on getting in on the ground floor of this RDM fun.

Though I gotta say MNK is still looking mighty tempting.

Also: are jump potions becoming available with Stormblood? I know you can't use them on the new jobs, but I actually never finished the pre-Heavensward Realm Reborn story, so if there's a way I can jump past that and just get my RDM straight into the Heavensward story, that'd be pretty nice.

Harrow fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Jun 9, 2017

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Firstborn posted:

I don't suppose <wait 2.5> would work? It's fine if it doesn't, it just seems the game has a lot of abilities. I'm just trying to muscle this Marauder to 15 and never play it again for job requirements.

In this case, you have two choices.

Choice #1 is to just do Palace of the Dead 1-10 a bunch until you hit 15. Or 51-60 if you have it unlocked but I'd steer you away from that if "quantity of poo poo you need to track" is an issue. Keep in mind that Palace of the Dead 1-10 is meant to be something you can solo, so four people half-assing it equals out to two asses, which is one rear end more than is strictly necessary. You don't need to bring your A game, you just need to bring a game. Do that until you get level 15 as Marauder, go get your Dragoon job stone, and never give a gently caress again.

Choice #2 is to wait for Stormblood, because the need for a secondary class to get your job stone is being abolished, and "be a level 30 Lancer" will be enough.

Since it's going to be a week before Stormblood, I'd point you to Choice #1. Just doing the initial bunch of quests for Marauder should easily get you to 5, maybe even 8, and once you get past that you can POTD to 15.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Arteus Atreides

Very excited about the upcoming senior class trip to Japan

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Firstborn posted:

I don't suppose <wait 2.5> would work? It's fine if it doesn't, it just seems the game has a lot of abilities. I'm just trying to muscle this Marauder to 15 and never play it again for job requirements.

No. As for a lot of abilities...yeah that's just something you're gonna have to become accustomed to. As an end game Summoner I use about 30 abilities in a standard boss fight.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
And I just resuscribed. Still wish that it would let you download the drat client without having an active subscription but that is a petty gripe.

...So I have this, but then I also signed up for the FFV four job fiesta, which is starting around the time this drops.

...Motherfucker

P.S. I know about the ImpAtom part of the story, but what the hell happened here that caused a redtext avatar spree?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Unlucky7 posted:

And I just resuscribed. Still wish that it would let you download the drat client without having an active subscription but that is a petty gripe.

...So I have this, but then I also signed up for the FFV four job fiesta, which is starting around the time this drops.

...Motherfucker

P.S. I know about the ImpAtom part of the story, but what the hell happened here that caused a redtext avatar spree?

Untreated mental illness, presumably.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Unlucky7 posted:

Lowtax wanted a new bike :shrug:

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
If you want to macro a combo, a better way to do it would be to macro an entire hotbar switch for each part of the combo. You can't mash the same button, as that'd trigger way too many hot bar switches, but you can at least approximate what the SB PvP changes are going to do.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Coughing Hobo posted:

You think I'm handsome? :blush:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

The name Phil Cleave just popped into my head and I'm offering it for free to anyone who wants it.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Just to clarify, since I actually googled it this time: if you use the ARR jump potion, you're good to go right into Heavensward on that character, right? I might as well not jump past Heavensward as I haven't done that story and it seems like a decent thing to do while leveling RDM anyway.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Question about Fantasia: Does it allow you to change you character name? I might want to get in touch with my inner catgirl.

Also, and no spoilers plz, do they ever find the Heaven Sward? :v:

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

^^^ No, fantasia and namechanges are separate.

Astra Zero
Voted "Least likely to dodge an AoE"
"gently caress you, I have Manaward."

Also in terms of button count, I have 22 buttons I push regularly on my BLM and 30 on my MCH.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Unlucky7 posted:

Question about Fantasia: Does it allow you to change you character name? I might want to get in touch with my inner catgirl.

Also, and no spoilers plz, do they ever find the Heaven Sward? :v:

Separate purchases for name change and fantasia.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Firstborn posted:

Just keep playing lancer. You won't need marauder for dragoon anymore after stormblood comes out.

Mad Science
Jul 23, 2013

Harrow posted:

Just to clarify, since I actually googled it this time: if you use the ARR jump potion, you're good to go right into Heavensward on that character, right? I might as well not jump past Heavensward as I haven't done that story and it seems like a decent thing to do while leveling RDM anyway.

Yeah, that's right. It marks everything through 2.55 as completed so you can go straight to HW.

Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

D'riz Volta
Giving you advice you never asked for in the first place.

Pikavangelist
Nov 9, 2016

There is no God but Arceus
And Pikachu is His prophet

Taba'sae Kason
Voted "most likely to gently caress up mechanics"

"At least I look good doing it."

Nana Bo Bana
Jul 15, 2014

Kateri Vastara
Voted "least likely to fit their hat in the photo booth"

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
The hat is the photo booth.

Wonder Turbine
Sep 22, 2011

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Nana Bo Bana posted:

Kateri Vastara
Voted "least likely to fit their hat in the photo booth"

That is fabulous :swoon:

E: Which hat is that? I feel like its a mandatory RDM glamor item

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Jun 9, 2017

Mr. Trampoline
May 16, 2010

Melee Cyrus
Couldn't find a Wal-Mart background for her photo

Injuryprone
Sep 26, 2007

Speak up, there's something in my ear.

vOv posted:

Also in terms of button count, I have 22 buttons I push regularly on my BLM and 30 on my MCH.

Is 22 low? What's the lowest class?

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Zaphod42 posted:

That is fabulous :swoon:

E: Which hat is that? I feel like its a mandatory RDM glamor item

That is Amon's Hat, and it's Ranged DPS only.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/playguide/db/item/60dcc87cc17

Bards might have a hard time giving it up, but I've seen it suggested that there should be a petition to give it RDM glamourability.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Leofish posted:

That is Amon's Hat, and it's Ranged DPS only.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/playguide/db/item/60dcc87cc17

Bards might have a hard time giving it up, but I've seen it suggested that there should be a petition to give it RDM glamourability.

:negative:

Well its looking like I'm gonna main Sam Raimi instead of RDM anyways.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

Sharrah Rhyx
Voted "Generic Hyur"

"Just a small town girl."

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk

Kyomu Tyrena
Most likely to fall asleep mid-dungeon

Mystic Cave zOWNd
Dec 22, 2006

Trixie bravely turned her tail and fled

And there was much rejoicing.

Freya Helldeathrider
"Are we done? Let's go chop some coeurls in half"

stabbington
Sep 1, 2007

It doesn't feel right to kill an unarmed man... but I'll get over it.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
The yearbook pics and the soundtrack combined with the upcoming SB release got me nostalgic, so I posted a couple hundred screenshots from Heavensward on Imgur. Light on text but spoilers in the images nevertheless.

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font

Nup Nups
A good boy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mystic Cave zOWNd
Dec 22, 2006

Trixie bravely turned her tail and fled

And there was much rejoicing.

isk posted:

The yearbook pics and the soundtrack combined with the upcoming SB release got me nostalgic, so I posted a couple hundred screenshots from Heavensward on Imgur. Light on text but spoilers in the images nevertheless.

• Locked thread