Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

verbal enema posted:

Where the gently caress is my new Kessen

Nobunaga's Ambition: Sphere of Influence: Ascension is probably the closest thing to a new Kessen game from Koei Tecmo. The new battle controls are somewhat similar with different abilities and formations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Policenaut posted:

Nobunaga's Ambition: Sphere of Influence: Ascension is probably the closest thing to a new Kessen game from Koei Tecmo. The new battle controls are somewhat similar with different abilities and formations.

Can I play it on my ps4

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

verbal enema posted:

Can I play it on my ps4

Yes I have it on PS4. It's mostly an empire building war strategy game but the combat is reminiscent of Kessen. Check out some videos to see if it's the kind of thing you might like.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

There was also Bladestorm which very much continues in the footsteps of where Kessen was heading, in that its a hybrid between Kessen and Musou.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
The real important question is where the goddamn hell is Skies of Arcadia Legends HD? :colbert:

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Policenaut posted:

Yes I have it on PS4. It's mostly an empire building war strategy game but the combat is reminiscent of Kessen. Check out some videos to see if it's the kind of thing you might like.

That looks pretty cool

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
What about making CRIMSON SKIES a ps4 game ahh why bothe Ace Combat is coming out soon

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The real important question is where the goddamn hell is Skies of Arcadia Legends HD? :colbert:

Every time someone asks it'll get pushed back for a year

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Where's my Conkers Bad Fur Day reboot? I'm mature enough to play it now and appreciate the subtle humor and sexiness.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

veni veni veni posted:

Where's my Conkers Bad Fur Day reboot? I'm mature enough to play it now and appreciate the subtle humor and sexiness.

They did that and it was trash

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

:lol: god. At least it stayed true to the original then.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
The OG Conker existed for the Matrix level and the 2Fort multiplayer level

Nothing else

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Anyone reboot Custers revenge yet?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Reboot Reboot and make that a game same gfx and all

Just lemme kid that kid into the cyber core

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Somebody mentioned Folklore. Yes! That game was dope!

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

verbal enema posted:

I don't care about that show at all but I want to play a game called Reboot Reboot.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

verbal enema posted:

The OG Conker existed for the Matrix level and the 2Fort multiplayer level

Nothing else

Conker's BFD was one of the only games that stopped us playing GoldenEye multi on the 64.

It's multi was really good you guys.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Conker's BFD was one of the only games that stopped us playing GoldenEye multi on the 64.

Then they got rid of it on that horrible Xbox remake in favor of an Xbox live mode that went defunct a year later.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

MysticalMachineGun posted:

It was insanely good

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

verbal enema posted:

Well, we're halfway there

https://twitter.com/verge/status/847086843359383552

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

oh no

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

So WipEout is all right, I guess. The races are standard fare in 2017 but I am enjoying the combat events a lot

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
For I don't know how long I've been unable to connect my iPhone to the YouTube app. As I start a post complaining, it connects.

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax

Morby posted:

That was my experience, too. Only a small amount of dust on the blades, but apparently that did the trick because it's been quiet ever since and I've been playing the gently caress outta Tekken 7 and FFXIV.

Sony gave them an undisclosed sum of money for its early development IIRC. Their Third Party Productions team is also providing support. Shenmue 3 isn't a make or break game for Sony by any means, but they have definitely been involved.

What exactly is Sega's involvement in Shenmue 3 because aren't they the ones who actually own the rights to that franchise?

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

Mr President posted:

What exactly is Sega's involvement in Shenmue 3 because aren't they the ones who actually own the rights to that franchise?

"Sure you can make a thing and call it that, we don't give a poo poo"

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
Also regarding the PS4 Pro - is the Boost mode generally a function one should have enabled at all times, or mostly on a discretionary basis? I think I heard that the Pro-patched games disable it on their own, but some games aren't really enchanced by it?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Szurumbur posted:

Also regarding the PS4 Pro - is the Boost mode generally a function one should have enabled at all times, or mostly on a discretionary basis? I think I heard that the Pro-patched games disable it on their own, but some games aren't really enchanced by it?

Leave it on and never think about it again. There's only a handful of games with issues, if that.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Szurumbur posted:

Boost mode only affects un-pro patched games, generally any game prior to the release of the Pro. It has no bearing at all on Pro enabled games.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

As long as we're talking reboots I'm surprised no one has taken a shot at doing something with the Crusader series. They brought back Syndicate and that was pretty okay I heard.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Wtf is hellblade even supposed to be? There's a buttload of videos of this angsty white tribal chick over-emoting and doing nothing, with some possible fruit ninja (?) combat spliced in? And then they talk about how it's $30 because it's half of a AAA game... I'm not sure what that even means.

I don't get what the hook is supposed to be. What is this game trying to sell me on?

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

veni veni veni posted:

Wtf is hellblade even supposed to be? There's a buttload of videos of this angsty white tribal chick over-emoting and doing nothing, with some possible fruit ninja (?) combat spliced in? And then they talk about how it's $30 because it's half of a AAA game... I'm not sure what that even means.

I don't get what the hook is supposed to be. What is this game trying to sell me on?

It's a video game about mental illness by the devs who bought you DmC: Devil May Cry and Heavenly Sword

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

It's a video game about mental illness by the devs who bought you DmC: Devil May Cry

That seems very fitting

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
Wipeout is super fun but the music seems off from what I remember, is it a new soundtrack or something?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Macarius Wrench posted:

Wipeout is super fun but the music seems off from what I remember, is it a new soundtrack or something?

Yes, and it's a noticeable downgrade imo.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
What the gently caress man, why would they do that???

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Macarius Wrench posted:

What the gently caress man, why would they do that???

Licensing fees.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
*sigh* I thought as much, licence fees are such a downer. God bless YouTube because Wipeout does not feel right without that original score.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

homeless snail posted:

Same, but instead about Knack 2

I liked the first 3/4s of Knack.

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.
Does WipEout have split-screen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!

This is loving terrible and everyone involved should be killed. The staff of The Verge should be killed for writing about it. We should all be killed because we have read of it. A total and complete purge is the only way to prevent such an evil because HOLY gently caress.