Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

irlZaphod posted:

Uh is the Shadow Sword worth using? It seems like it's not if it has the chance of killing myself.

Go to forge, pay 50 silver marks to change it, now have you have Brave Sword which is more of a Killer Sword that's super accurate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

irlZaphod posted:

Uh is the Shadow Sword worth using? It seems like it's not if it has the chance of killing myself.

Yeah, its a Devil Weapon so every attack has a chance to be against the wielder.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Ok I upgraded it to a Brave Sword and now Atlas is Crit'ing everyone. :unsmigghh:

Also I'm now on my first desert map and fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck this poo poo. I think I'm just going to end up having Leon sit outside the Fortress and snipe everyone because after I killed the Mages and a few other dudes, they all ran inside.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

irlZaphod posted:

Ok I upgraded it to a Brave Sword and now Atlas is Crit'ing everyone. :unsmigghh:

Also I'm now on my first desert map and fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck this poo poo. I think I'm just going to end up having Leon sit outside the Fortress and snipe everyone because after I killed the Mages and a few other dudes, they all ran inside.

Your torment has not even begun.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

That was my general strategy with archers, have kliff/leon counter kill archers.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

So what did everyone do with their free pitchforks? Think there's another avaliable today.

I used the first to make Forsynth into a merc at that worked out so far. With the second I'm considering swapping Boey since he sucks or one of Celica's many mercs since she got enough of those - maybe into a cav or archer.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

So what's the strat needed for Pirate Raid 3? Is it just flood the enemy with your own army of ghosts so that the dude will eventually kill himself counter killing them all?

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Rush him, if he dies all his remaining summons despawn.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Sucks that you can't get Deen and Sonya. Is either one a lot better than the other?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Reinanigans posted:

Sucks that you can't get Deen and Sonya. Is either one a lot better than the other?

Sonya has some more story tie-ins, a support with Genny (Genny's only support) and you're kind of already overloaded with sword-dudes on Celica's route. Plus you get a free Brave Sword for killing Deen.

Deen is better out of the box though since he comes as a Dread Fighter and they're super broken.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Reinanigans posted:

Deen just seems like a real good myrmidon in a game with two other good, worse mercs and a kinda poo poo one that'll probably still be good if you get him to Dread Fighter, while Sonya is a real good mage on a route that has Celica and Mae, who'll probably outshine the latter and blow Boey out of the water. So it's kinda subjective but I'd go with Sonya.

Edit:

Zore posted:

Sonya has some more story tie-ins, a support with Genny (Genny's only support) and you're kind of already overloaded with sword-dudes on Celica's route. Plus you get a free Brave Sword for killing Deen.

Deen is better out of the box though since he comes as a Dread Fighter and they're super broken.

Deen comes with the Brave Sword like Sonya comes with her Steel Sword, you just get it earlier. And he's still just a myrmidon, which no-selling magic aside is probably better.

Last Celebration fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Jun 8, 2017

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Zore posted:

Yeah, its a Devil Weapon so every attack has a chance to be against the wielder.

Speaking of such things, I picked up a Devil Axe ages ago and never found anything to do with it. Is it just vendor trash, or is it used for a quest I never found?

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Silver Falcon posted:

Speaking of such things, I picked up a Devil Axe ages ago and never found anything to do with it. Is it just vendor trash, or is it used for a quest I never found?

You can give it to a guy for a sidequest instead of a more normal axe, I think, I'm not sure to what effect.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Silver Falcon posted:

You can give it to the dude looking for an Axe instead of a hatchet you find elsewhere. It gives the same reward.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Actually speaking of that quest, what do you do after getting the Duma Carving back from the zombie? He just spits out a line about not wanting to see it again.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Zore posted:

You can give it to the dude looking for an Axe instead of a hatchet you find elsewhere. It gives the same reward.
Speaking of, what do the carvings do? I have a Bear Carving and a Duma Carving, are they for sidequests or something?

e:

I do remember the woodcutter talking about a Duma carving but is it for him?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

irlZaphod posted:

Speaking of, what do the carvings do? I have a Bear Carving and a Duma Carving, are they for sidequests or something?

e:

I do remember the woodcutter talking about a Duma carving but is it for him?

The Duma Carving boosts skill if you have someone hold it in battle.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I gave the Bear Carving to a girl who liked cute things and she gave me a Cog for the Turnwheel.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Last Celebration posted:

Deen just seems like a real good myrmidon in a game with two other good, worse mercs and a kinda poo poo one that'll probably still be good if you get him to Dread Fighter, while Sonya is a real good mage on a route that has Celica and Mae, who'll probably outshine the latter and blow Boey out of the water. So it's kinda subjective but I'd go with Sonya.

Edit:

Deen comes with the Brave Sword like Sonya comes with her Steel Sword, you just get it earlier. And he's still just a myrmidon, which no-selling magic aside is probably better.

The earlier you get the Brave Sword the better though .

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

For 1 battle

Vakal
May 11, 2008
All my pegasus knights seem like they are using weapons and armor made out of cardboard except for Palla. I don't know if I just got good stat rolls for her, but she's currently a beast.

Even with just her starting javelin she has over a 30 attack stat which is enough to pretty much one-round every enemy I've encounter so far including necrodragons.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

I'm in Chapter 3, and my Palla has a Base Atk of 13. :smith:

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I turned Palla's Javelin into Saunion and it's really useful for hitting people from far away, basically gives me a third archer to run with in a pinch

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tae posted:

For 1 battle
it is a pretty annoying and long battle

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

That map turned very funny very quickly. I was continuing to pick away at the Archers and other guys in the Stronghold using Leon. I was keeping everyone else back in case the boss Wolf decided to join in. Eventually he did (I think Leon wandered into his range). He came over, took a shot, missed, then received a Crit in return, taking him out in 1 shot. The rest of that enemy turn, Leon was attacked by a few more Archers who got orko'd.

After that I was able to send everyone else in to mop up. :laugh:

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
I accidentally forgot to unlock Jesse because for some reason I never entered the fort so I went through the whole game up until just before the Duma tower without him. Then someone mentioned Jesse in a post and I'm like, "who?".

So I head back many in-game months later and he's still in the cell in the fort and surprisingly alive after being abandoned forever. I found out I really didn't miss much.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

jesse turns out pretty dope if you get him early and train that sucker up. definitely the best of my dread fighters that weren't previously barons

Vakal
May 11, 2008
I gave Jesse the shadow sword so he either:

A) Goes on a non stop murder rampage that wipes out half of the enemy army

B) Self-kills himself on the first attack against the first enemy he fights.

You can guess which happens way more often, but either way it's entertaining to watch.

Varrack_85
Nov 10, 2004
I'm over 30 hours into this game, all of it spent with Kliff carrying the pair of boots that are part of one of the free DLCs. I kept wondering why his movement range was still so small--just realized that they need to be USED in order to increase MOV :downsgun:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Man, you guys weren't kidding about Celica's brain falling out at the end of Act 4.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Oh boy just wait for Act 5.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.
Any advice for Nuibaba's Abode? I can deal with the desert and swamp all day, but Medusa's rampant bullshit is destroying my will to continue. I only have one Dread Fighter, and the enemy DFs seem impossible to lure out without entering the boss' death zone. I don't have Rescue either, since my Faye's a Pegasus Knight (and a bad one compared to Clair).

I'm probably missing something obvious.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Worse comes to worse just abuse the retreat option. Slowly chip away at the enemy and then fall back.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

try warping your dread fighter directly into medusa's face and see if he can just murder her

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

LordHippoman posted:

Any advice for Nuibaba's Abode? I can deal with the desert and swamp all day, but Medusa's rampant bullshit is destroying my will to continue. I only have one Dread Fighter, and the enemy DFs seem impossible to lure out without entering the boss' death zone. I don't have Rescue either, since my Faye's a Pegasus Knight (and a bad one compared to Clair).

The Hex Shield actually works on Medusa too, so it only takes off half health, or 3/4 total if it doubles.

MatteusTheCorrupt
Nov 1, 2010
Silque gets invoke dread fighters. Dread fighters take half damage from magic too, so medusa will only halve their health. They are also rather powerful at that stage, and can easily solo the map for you.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

LordHippoman posted:

My strategy was have Silque Warp my Dread Fighter Gray right into Nuibaba's face and kill her.

The rest of the enemies then killed him, but I'm playing on Causal and Gray was stealing exp anyway so who cares.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Warp and rescue with killer bow was my strat.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Unfortunately he's using Pegasus Knight Faye.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I don't think I pulled any shenanigans to clear that map, I just wore down all the guys I could reach with bows, then went for the kill with Grey, sloowwwly baiting everything out of the temple gradually, with Alm just chilling at the bottom to bait whatever gargoyles didn't go to the right flanking team. Mathilda and Delthea have pretty great resistance so that works for the dark mages along with a Dread Fighter Grey to bait them out.

• Locked thread