Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

Coming out can get really boring and awkward, so I tried to make it obvious by filling my backstory with gays and hoping that would make it obvious, but everyone seemed to keep not getting it. Until I looked properly at my backstory and realised, yes, it was full of gays, but every one of them was a lesbian. I wasn't coming across as a gay dude, I was coming across as That Creepy Straight Guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

Freudian posted:

Coming out can get really boring and awkward, so I tried to make it obvious by filling my backstory with gays and hoping that would make it obvious, but everyone seemed to keep not getting it. Until I looked properly at my backstory and realised, yes, it was full of gays, but every one of them was a lesbian. I wasn't coming across as a gay dude, I was coming across as That Creepy Straight Guy.

Maybe people just didn't care about your character's sexuality?

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
So the heist team had snaffled the real actual component we needed to fix the gate that would start us on the journey back to our home planets. It had come at the cost of the dignity of like half the team, and my character would probably never cook in this town again. Which was looking like an actual option, I'd been making such high rolls for the cooking that we'd been joking he could actually stay and make a go of it.

But the Thanex were onto us and we knew they knew which gate the component went to. We couldn't wait for the heat to die down, we needed to raid the warehouse and slap the gate together before they reinforced it to hell and back. We got there and seemed to be early. No lights, no guards on the outside. We slip in through the back door (The lock takes a DC 40 to unlock, which is achieved by Omik taking 20 and Garrin aiding. Other groups, as I will relate later, were not so fortunate) and face a trio of small robot guards in a cramped storeroom full of shelves. The beat sticks and healer that were mostly useless in the party come into their own, with ;-* casting Fly and using it to set up flanking situations for the others. Omik and Garrin are no slouches either, as Omik is a musket master gunslinger able to reload his musket as a move action and ricochet bullets to negate cover. :ocelot: His adamantine bullets are punching through the DR of the robots, although not without their own difficulties.

:colbert: What are you bouncing this shot off of?
:psydwarf: The... ceiling?
:awesomelon: My upraised sword!
:psydwarf: Yeah, that!
:colbert: With an adamantine bullet? I'd have to treat that as a sunder or something. Stick to the ceiling. And it's far enough away that this won't count as a touch attack.
:psydwarf: That's fine. ...Is the ceiling made of adamantine? :signings:
:colbert: ...It's made of scenery-stuff, I don't have to care about it.

But we take out these three, stack up on the next door, and open it to reveal a larger chamber piled with crates, with a large crystalline arch standing atop a dais along one wall. As well as another pair of clockwork guards and an android alchemist. This alchemist was apparently hot poo poo, but possessed the standard caster weakness of not being able to do much about a large angry man giving him a hug. :black101: just piles onto the android and will not let go, although after the android falls the little guards drop him into negatives. As Omik, who was bringing up the rear, enters the main room, he hears someone shout from outside "The door's open, they're already here!" Omik closes the door he just came through, informs the others we're about to have company, and begins setting up the gate.

Now, the gate would require a few different checks. Knowledge (Engineering) to get the component in place properly, then several Knowledge (Arcana) or Linguistics rolls to properly program it to get us where we need to go. Engineering is no problem. But the only one with either Arcana or Linguistics is the bloodrager, who has them at a fairly low bonus. He can do them, but he's currently busy being stabbed by robots. The android falls, bloodrager drops, and ;-* heals us. Now the bloodrager's awake, but he's still got robots standing over him. :smaug: and :awesomelon: take them out as the reinforcements start pounding on the door (:psydwarf: Do you think we should tell them the door's unlocked?) and Omik begins making high-DC Engineering checks in place of the proper ones to lock in the chevrons on the gate. I burn the rest of my mythic points to get extra actions and hammer my way through the checks, failing at the 11th hour with the final check. ;-* summons an aurochs just as a squad of at least five half-orcs breaks down the door. The aurochs proceeds to trample the entire squad. Next round, :black101: staggers upright, elbows Omik out of the way, makes the final check to open the gate, and just sort of topples through. We all follow, and ;-* orders the aurochs to smash the gate and especially the component so we can't be followed.

Now, this was a scheduled game at a convention, and it was a pretty major promotion for the team that did it. There were three or four other tables in the room running the same adventure, and we were apparently the only team that finished it. The guy that wrote the adventure came by and lamented that we'd put the kibosh on his alchemist so easily. By the end of the block of time, one other party had gotten to the warehouse, but fallen for the fake in the display case and blew themselves up. The others were doing things like losing fights to inanimate objects and getting foiled by the trained velociraptors the guards at the estate were using. It was fairly well designed, but I'm certain a lot of it was due to the particular DM we had being flexible and wanting the players to succeed (I got to substitute Craft (Alchemy) and Knowledge (Engineering) for a lot of checks). We also had the appropriate team members for a heist in the persons of Garrin and Omik. The others got left out of the action a lot, but they did serve a purpose in distracting the guards so the two of us could work. One of the guys at the table mentioned that the pregens weren't all suited for a heist adventure, but that's sort of the point. Pregens are never all that great, and if you were running a standard party through the adventure path, you wouldn't have everyone with social skills and would be lucky to have the doubling of thieves' skills we occasionally needed.

Overall, a fun time, and I'd definitely recommend it to anyone that's cool with Pathfinder and doesn't mind the mildly-schizo Barrier Peaks feel the technology system introduces.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Grey Hunter posted:

I had a campaign of Pendragon go massively off the rails thanks to a seduction check.

Good Pendragon stories are a delight.

Good Pendragon stories that aren't resolved by a GM saying "wait no it can't work that way that's not how Mallory has it" are a grandiose delight.

oriongates
Mar 14, 2013

Validate Me!

Closest I've come to sex in gaming was messing with my wife's character a bit. She enjoys RPGs as male characters and in this case was playing a very attractive and charismatic sorcerer. There are two incidents of note:

The first was playing a modified version of Whisper of the Vampire's Blade, featuring an extended jaunt across eberron chasing a vampire. After screwing up and missing the airship the vampire stowed away on they managed to sign up with some sky-pirates and participate in a raid on the airship after chasing it down (they're adventurers, not heroes). So, as the airship is being attacked by the sky-pirates they run through the ship hoping to find the vampire.

Unfortunately, it is nighttime so when they do encounter him (and the ship is ready to fall to pieces) the vampire takes the expedient route of simply flying away and the PCs are all unable to follow. However, before he gets out of range Jack (my wife's character) hits him with a Command Undead spell. Now on intelligent undead this functions as a charm effect rather than full on domination. So the vampire flies back and does a "come with me if you want to live" thing with Jack...he's obviously not going to just stand around and let the ship fall or the other party members beat up on him but he wants to save his new "friend". So the team makes a split-second decision: Jack goes with the vampire and hopefully will manage to subdue or at least keep tabs on him while the others try and survive the ship-crash and catch up later.

This works out but due to lack of resources and time no system was set up for the now split party to communicate and no meeting place was established. The vampire finds a cave in the wilderness to shelter from the sun and for the first couple of days (fortunately command undead is a long-lasting spell) he and Jack are basically roughing it together alone and more or less unintentionally I start to play the vampire like a more hosed-up version of Edward from twilight who is both supernaturally compelled to "like" Jack and at the same time very much wanting to eat him. The weird, messed up sexual tension only gets worse when Jack decides to allow the vampire to drink from his arm from time to time. Let me say for the record that this is in no way me and my wife playing weird sex games at the table, she hated the vampire but we both kind of loved the awkward, hosed up interaction happening so we rolled with it. Never got to actual sex or anything either, but the situation managed to keep my wife/Jack off balance enough that it didn't occur to Jack to just stake the vampire one day when he's sleeping.

Eventually she manages to talk the vampire into a "friendly meeting" with the other PCs under the pretense of helping him get to Karnath and find a cure for his condition (sort of his goal...but dude was under like 3 different conflicting forms of mind control at this point). This allowed them to meet up at a nearby lightning rail station and almost get away scott free until someone else showed up, laid a 4th whammy on the vampire's brain and overloaded the poor thing into a berserker rage.

-----------------------------------------------

The second involves the Elven Hobo, a recurring nemesis-mentor in my games (regardless of setting) who's a kind of prophet always trying to talk the party into saving the world or averting some upcoming crisis. He's sort of like a combination of Fizban from Dragonlance and Magic Man from Adventure Time. They hate him and have never once listened to him. The first time he appeared and told them a riddle they attempted to dog pile him and beat straight answers out (adventurers, not heroes). But he's wily and magical and wonderful and always escapes.

Well, one mission they're delving into Xendrik to unearth some ancient giant bullshit and along the way they meet and rescue a half-elven woman, a researcher who was investigating the jungle ruins when her expedition was wrecked by giants. Well, naturally they help her out and she offers part of her grant money as payment if they allow her to come along as they plunder the ruins. It helps that she's a competent spellcaster to boot.

Well, there's a week or two of river journey and along the way I decide she gets a little flirty with Jack and my wife, who is a fan of character relationships, decides to take the bait and flirt back. This doesn't go much farther than a few romantic moments and make outs from time to time.

However, once they get to the ancient ruins and uncover the giant bullshit they were searching for suddenly she starts to spout rhyming prophecies and morphs...into the Elven Hobo, telling everyone that fate has brought them here for a great purpose. The entire party shrieks with rage and nearly forgoes fighting the 30-foot tall warforged in exchange for attacking the Hobo. No one is more horrified than Jack however, and I've never let my wife forget the magical nights they spent together.

Polka_Rapper
Jan 22, 2011

CobiWann posted:

This happened during our last session - our GM was all set up for a huge knock-down drag-out fight against a giant warped and twisted by Wild Magic...

Varis: I cast Hold Monster from the Staff of Power.
GM: Wait. It has that power? *shows him the card* Huh. I completely forgot about that.

Ended up cheesing the fight because the giant had a crap Wisdom save and being Held counts as Incapacitated which means auto-crits. The GM just shrugged and rolled with it. It just meant we fought the adult red dragon a session earlier than he planned.

A good GM rolls with stuff like that. Magic items SHOULD cheese an encounter or two, or else why have them?

About four years ago, I was part of a Changeling game that took place over the internet. That game was one of the favorite ones I've ever played. The other players said much the same and I still play with them and the GM to this day (aside from one who has real life stuff taking up gaming time). While this story has a focus on my character, the others were just as big as a part in everything that happened. Also I'm just going to use "GM" instead of "Storyteller" for this.

Fairly early on (or at least less than halfway through), I got a token. I had asked for a means of protection and received an umbrella. It was an umbrella that would behave as a solid wall in terms of providing protection to anything behind it when activated. In order to activate it, I had to spin it three times clockwise and spend a point of glamour. The drawback was that once it was opened like that, it would be too heavy to move until the end of scene. The catch was that I could freely activate it if I actively refused to offer the protection to another. I didn't think much of it at the time, but my character carried it everywhere just in case. We ended up using it a few times, mostly as cover from gunfire and once a bomb (it was mildly singed but otherwise undamaged). In the last few real-life months, we didn't use it at all.

Until the final session. Where we fought our Keeper. He had finally come to hunt us down and we were waiting. We had gathered resources, weapons, allies, and information throughout the whole game. Our plan was solid. And it still nearly failed. After all, a True Fae is practically a god. One that happened to know the value of a tactical retreat. He grabbed an NPC our group was very fond of to use as a hostage on his way out. Obviously, we couldn't let this happen. And so, I tackled him.

My character was good at grappling. Thanks to buffs and an item I had picked up earlier, I was VERY good at grappling in that one moment. I rolled a huge number of successes. As well as a single d10, separate from the other roll. That was because of the hostage. Odds, I'd hit our friend, evens and I'd hit my intended target. I rolled a 4. I smash into our Keeper and bear him to the ground, pinning his arms as he drops the NPC roughly to the ground (it was okay, either we were all dead anyway or we could heal him afterwards). I hold him there as one of the other players rips his heart out with cold iron claws. His character was very good at bare-handed fighting. The buffs meant that he reached obscene levels for a single roll. With heart in hand, he backs off.

The Keeper was mildly annoyed by having his heart torn out. With a threat, he attempts to rise and slaughter us all. He failed to move. My hold is too strong (and the GM rolled four successes out of 22 dice). 30 of his hoard draw their blades and descend on me, as I say "You taught me how to remain still. Now let me return the favor." (Quick note. A "durance" is the term that refers to the period of time your character spent undergoing whatever horrible trauma the Keeper inflicted after you were kidnapped. My character's durance was being turned into a unmoving statue that held a lantern, lighting a path. He was aware and could feel sensation the whole time - such as a burning hot lantern dangling from his hand. As such I was an Elemental Manikin in the form of an animated stone statue.)

30 blades fell on the stationary target that was my character. It wasn't enough. I took a decent amount of damage but it didn't break my hold. Our allies fell upon the enemies and struck down a number of them. Then, it was our turn again. Both of the others retreated with the heart, opening a door to a different level of the freehold's building. We knew that the three of us would have to strike the heart simultaneously. But I was still holding down our Keeper, The Lord of Tales. The next action was his and if I let go, he would rise and we would lose. That's when I had an idea.

I shove him down as I stand, drawing the umbrella I carried everywhere. The umbrella I had dismissed as not very useful. The mostly-forgotten-until-now umbrella. I held it over the torn-open chest of our greatest foe.

Spin, spin, spin.

Months ago, the GM had clarified that the umbrella was unmovable. Not just ridiculously heavy, it was actually impossible to move once activated. It would sink to the ground if activated in the air but no, we weren't going to be able to use it as a kinetic impact weapon if we dropped it from high enough. The GM thought for a bit and agreed that it would work how I intended. A mere magic umbrella pinned a true fae to the ground as I made a hasty exit with the other two PCs. Our allies mopped up the hoard as we finished the job, sinking our cold iron blades into The Lord of Tales' heart.

And so, his story ended. We rescued some other changelings, mopped up storylines, and over all the game came to an optimistic end.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
That's how a Changeling campaign SHOULD end! Nice use of the umbrella!

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Harrow posted:

I'm gonna keep all these in mind if the player decides it's up to me what happened to Z's lineage. If she has her own idea I'll report back because I bet it's going to be hilarious and great. I wish I'd recorded the "heroic speech" she gave, because she started out legitimately trying to sound heroic and then completely lost the thread and it was perfect.

We had our first session of this on Saturday. We spent a long time on character creation so I don't have a lot of story-related stuff to report, but I can say that Z's player decided to go with numbers for Z's descendants. So her character is named "Seven" and has so far focused on being much more rough-and-tumble than the previously straightforwardly-heroic Z. We don't yet know what happened to cause the lineage to go off-the-rails but it's definitely going to come up.

Also, one of the players named his ex-lawman, too-old-for-this-poo poo marksman "Jason Cooper" and it's such a wonderfully mundane name for a crazy, anything-goes space setting that I can't help but love it. (Also he took "Too Old for this poo poo" as one of his Complications, which should be a lot of fun.)

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Mere magic umbrella, my bum. That was Mary Poppins's backup brolly.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
So...we may of, possibly, kind of, sort of, lost another god this weekend?

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

CobiWann posted:

Did you check under the couch cushions?

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

Did you forget to cherish it?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Did you check under the couch cushions?

gently caress, beat me to it.

Did you at least manage to loot this one?

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
There are going to be a few spaces in the pantheon at this rate.
Time for some ascension.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
To be fair if a god dies it was doing a really lovely job at omnipotence.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

CobiWann posted:

You say "lost a god," I say "created a job opening for a highly motivated adventurer."

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

You say "lost a god," I say "created a job opening for a highly motivated adventurer."
Just remember: if someone asks if you're a god, you say yes!

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

rumble in the bunghole posted:

To be fair if a god dies it was doing a really lovely job at omnipotence.

My favorite thing about Norse mythology is that gods can die, and therefore, are themselves capable of heroism. :black101:

also this

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

My favorite thing about Norse mythology is that gods can die, and therefore, are themselves capable of heroism. :black101:

not only can they die, but they pretty much know exactly when, and who is going to kill them if I remember Ragnarok correctly.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Carebearz posted:

not only can they die, but they pretty much know exactly when, and who is going to kill them if I remember Ragnarok correctly.

I think that they know they're gonna die at Ragnarok, but I'm not sure if they know the exact How.

I think it's a case of - Since the stories keep mentioning it, you assume they know.

quote:

Thor, who would kill and be killed by the Midgard Serpent at Ragnarok, scratched his beard and drained his flagon of mead. He would not be drinking from that flagon after Ragnarok, because he would be dead. Dead because of the Midgard Serpent. It will kill him.
"Loki has been up to some poo poo. I just know it, because he's Loki, and he is always up to some poo poo." Thor said to himself correctly, for Loki was in fact up to some poo poo, as he always is.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

the_steve posted:

I think that they know they're gonna die at Ragnarok, but I'm not sure if they know the exact How.

I think it's a case of - Since the stories keep mentioning it, you assume they know.
I'd honestly enjoy reading a full Norse legend rewritten exactly like this.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Ooh. Please do the one about Odin and the origin of mead on Midgard.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Well the running gag is "Varis is going to be a demigod," "NO I'M NOT!"

Seriously, who wants to be a demigod? Varis just wants to save the world, retire to Dale, run an alchemist shop, and build a ridiculously tall Sorcerer's Tower that blasts Orcs with lightning anytime they come within 50 map squares of town.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

CobiWann posted:

Seriously, who wants to be a demigod? Varis just wants to save the world, retire to Dale, run an alchemist shop, and build a ridiculously tall Sorcerer's Tower that blasts Orcs with lightning anytime they come within 50 map squares of town.

Of course he won't become a demigod.

Drop the "demi-", however......

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

CobiWann posted:

Varis is gonna be the god of stories that got way out of hand.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

the_steve posted:

I'm pretty sure Thor at least knows he's gonna die fighting Fenrir. i'm pretty sure all Norse deities know when, how, and who they're gonna get killed by. I could be wrong though.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Of course he won't become a demigod.

Drop the "demi-", however......

God of Lightning, Festivities, Prostitutes, and "Well, That Escalated Quickly."

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Festivities, prostitutes, and lightning.

Well, that escalated quickly.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
If you don't have enough prostitutes at the festivities, that's when the lightning starts.

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here
If you have read DoubleNegative's wonderful LP of King's Quest 1, do so now:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3822876

Imagine a video game version of the most petty GM you ever dealt with. Accidentally clicked on the moat while exiting the castle? YOU DIED.

I'm having flashbacks.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Splicer posted:

I'd honestly enjoy reading a full Norse legend rewritten exactly like this.

Have you read Neil Gaiman's Norse Mythology book? It's pretty good.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Dareon posted:

If you don't have enough prostitutes at the festivities, that's when the lightning starts.

Holy symbol is a lightning rod.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Tunicate posted:

Holy symbol is a lightning rod.

... that you have to pay by the hour.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

Carebearz posted:

I'm pretty sure Thor at least knows he's gonna die fighting Fenrir.
No, Fenrir is gonna do for Odin. Thor's end is Jormungandr.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Also, Thor at least kills Jormungandr. Odin just gets eaten.

Fenris kind of gets a raw deal on the whole. Hel gets to rule Niflheim (which is a lovely place, but still), Jormungandr gets to swim around in the ocean apparently (Thor fishes him up at one point), Fenris gets tied up in one spot and left there forever.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

The Lord of Hats posted:

Also, Thor at least kills Jormungandr. Odin just gets eaten.

Fenris kind of gets a raw deal on the whole. Hel gets to rule Niflheim (which is a lovely place, but still), Jormungandr gets to swim around in the ocean apparently (Thor fishes him up at one point), Fenris gets tied up in one spot and left there forever.

And Fenrir didn't even do anything wrong. He just freaked out the gods because of how quickly and how big he was growing, and they were afraid he'd turn against them.
The irony being that he had no intention of doing so until they tricked him into being bound and abandoned.

Really, as much as I love Norse mythology, the Norse gods were loving dicks a lot of the time.

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

the_steve posted:

And Fenrir didn't even do anything wrong. He just freaked out the gods because of how quickly and how big he was growing, and they were afraid he'd turn against them.
The irony being that he had no intention of doing so until they tricked him into being bound and abandoned.

Really, as much as I love Norse mythology, the Norse gods were loving dicks a lot of the time.

Honestly, I'm hard pressed to think of many (if any) ancient gods who were NOT dicks at least some of the time. At best they (theoretically) occasionally reward the virtuous, especially for hospitality, but more often it seems like the main reason to worship them was so they didn't kill you or worse, and they love to latch onto random people and drag them into trouble anyway. Granted, they were representative of nature and nature as a thing pretty much randomly out to get you makes sense as a viewpoint back then.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

MadDogMike posted:

Honestly, I'm hard pressed to think of many (if any) ancient gods who were NOT dicks at least some of the time. At best they (theoretically) occasionally reward the virtuous, especially for hospitality, but more often it seems like the main reason to worship them was so they didn't kill you or worse, and they love to latch onto random people and drag them into trouble anyway. Granted, they were representative of nature and nature as a thing pretty much randomly out to get you makes sense as a viewpoint back then.

This is true, but, the Norse ones tend to be the ones that get idolized.
I don't see a lot of people going "Hail Zeus!" or "Praise Amaterasu!" (outside of a Persona game at least), but, I can easily find a dozen people wearing Mjolnir necklaces because they're the Viking version of weeaboos.

VanSandman posted:

Also, Nazis.

True, but, I'm really hoping none of my friends are Nazis.

the_steve fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Jun 11, 2017

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

the_steve posted:

(outside of a Persona game at least)
All hail Penis Chariot!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

the_steve posted:

This is true, but, the Norse ones tend to be the ones that get idolized.
I don't see a lot of people going "Hail Zeus!" or "Praise Amaterasu!" (outside of a Persona game at least), but, I can easily find a dozen people wearing Mjolnir necklaces because they're the Viking version of weeaboos.

Also, Nazis.