Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

People who analyze sex like that have serious problems. Especially if they compare a response of a human body to effective stirring of a drink. For gently caress sake.

Do every woman you want to have sex with a favour and just don't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
A terribly cruel part of me hopes that he does some day manage to get a girlfriend through some miracle, purely so that her response on the night can be "Is that it? OK. Night."

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

Why did he hire a bartender without seeing if he could make drinks to his specifications first? Or maybe telling him , "This is a gross Manhattan. Here, I'll show you how to make one."

Dear Prudence
Sep 3, 2012

He'd have to make a good drink because I'd have to get fairly drunk to gently caress a guy with a mustache like that.

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

FreudianSlippers posted:

Superhero origin story:

A group of people carpool with their kooky New Age hippy co-worker. They get in a car accident and the airbag sends shards of mystical crystals, glued to the steering wheel, at shooting into their skulls causing giving each of them their own distinct psychic powers based on the type of crystal lodged in their brain that also happen to really fit their each persons personality.

gooooo planet!

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Slugnoid posted:

gooooo planet!

"By your powers combined, I am *screeching of tyres* *massive metallic crashing sounds* *tinkle of hubcap hitting the gutter on the other side of the road* *seconds of silence as the blood starts to flow from the mangled wreck*"

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

And then we get to see that comparatively lavishly animated sequence every week for half a year!

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

So, through his actions, this guy has become an idiot on social media. Black guy accidentally spilled coffee on his suit, he launches into a racist rant, punches a 57 year old homeless man, and finally gets tackled.
http://www.rawstory.com/2017/06/watch-white-chicago-man-goes-on-crazed-slave-rant-against-black-starbucks-customers/

He finally, late last night, deleted his Facebook page.
Does he not have the most punchable face?

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Holy gently caress, now that's some hardcore racism :stare:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

So he .... uh ... thought he would get support from the crowd?

That's the most worrying implication, to me

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Data Graham posted:

So he .... uh ... thought he would get support from the crowd?

That's the most worrying implication, to me

When you spend too much time on /pol/, you forget that Starbucks is not /pol/

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

quote:

“Your children are disposable vermin!” Boucher yells at one man, who is also videotaping him, and spits on the 30-year-old man and a 34-year-old woman.

Boucher [...] continues ranting at black bystanders.

“Get on all fours right now!” he yells. “Get on all fours! Do not walk off on two legs! You don’t deserve to walk on two legs, vermin.”

Two options here: the first is that this dummy realized he was already way over the line and thought, okay, gently caress it, let's just go all in and worst-case, this will prove I was temporarily insane; the second is that there was some sliver of his brain that actually thought these people were going to think golly, you know what? -- he's right. We should be going around on four legs. What fools we've been

Cat Potency
Aug 13, 2006

Chairman Meow

Cat Potency has a new favorite as of 12:19 on Jun 9, 2017

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Well then

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Is that the group that got their scholarships pulled from Harvard?

Cat Potency
Aug 13, 2006

Chairman Meow

Grem posted:

Is that the group that got their scholarships pulled from Harvard?

yep! and beyond losing any sort of scholarship, their entire acceptance was reversed. Hope the spicy meme brinksmanship was worth it.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Serperoth posted:

When you spend too much time on /pol/, you forget that Starbucks is not /pol/

The internet is starting to get too insular, to the point where the idiots from places like /pol/ keep showing up to other sites, and sometimes even IRL places, acting like they're anonymously posting on /pol/ and having meltdowns wondering why they get punished for breaking rules. Almost every single one genuinely seems to believe that they really do have the majority opinion and view and being the lone crazy voice on an entire site doesn't mean they're wrong, it means whatever stupid place they wound up on is wrong.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Jesus those were some vile and bad memes.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Fathis Munk posted:

Jesus those were some vile and bad memes.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Nuebot posted:

The internet is starting to get too insular, to the point where the idiots from places like /pol/ keep showing up to other sites, and sometimes even IRL places, acting like they're anonymously posting on /pol/ and having meltdowns wondering why they get punished for breaking rules. Almost every single one genuinely seems to believe that they really do have the majority opinion and view and being the lone crazy voice on an entire site doesn't mean they're wrong, it means whatever stupid place they wound up on is wrong.
I'm reminded of how gamergate got its start in a bunch of public irc channels bc the core group of /pol/ weirdos that spurred that whole thing were convinced that their sworn sjw enemies were Normie Nerd Haters who didn't know what irc was and they cried about being misrepresented and smeared when they realised they'd been rumbled lmao

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Nuebot posted:

Yeah, that's what I was worrying about. I don't want to feel like the luddite in the room, I've loved everything about the internet and what it can do for society since I first encountered it in the mid-90s, but I'm legit wondering (not for the first time, but more so) if what it enables in society isn't so much "greater communication and understanding of your fellow man" as "the ability to find like-minded people, whether benign or toxic, and invent outlandish and unchallenged pretexts for otherizing groups outside your clique".

Living in a city means you brush shoulders with people from all walks of life on a daily basis. People might do things that make you grumble, you might develop a few prejudices, but ultimately you learn to get along with others' foibles just as they get along with yours. But insulate yourself into a suburb or a rural community and you'll eventually learn that everything bad can be laid at the feet of shadowy people just over the horizon, people you'll seldom or never meet. Extrapolate that to the Internet and now you've got a world full of solipsists, who no matter how horrible the things they think or do, will always have a community backing them up.

The Internet wouldn't have prevented Nazi Germany; it would have brought it about much sooner.

knobgobblin
Oct 28, 2010

got a bone to pick
The internet was a mistake, but what a great mistake it's become.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Data Graham posted:

Yeah, that's what I was worrying about. I don't want to feel like the luddite in the room, I've loved everything about the internet and what it can do for society since I first encountered it in the mid-90s, but I'm legit wondering (not for the first time, but more so) if what it enables in society isn't so much "greater communication and understanding of your fellow man" as "the ability to find like-minded people, whether benign or toxic, and invent outlandish and unchallenged pretexts for otherizing groups outside your clique".

Living in a city means you brush shoulders with people from all walks of life on a daily basis. People might do things that make you grumble, you might develop a few prejudices, but ultimately you learn to get along with others' foibles just as they get along with yours. But insulate yourself into a suburb or a rural community and you'll eventually learn that everything bad can be laid at the feet of shadowy people just over the horizon, people you'll seldom or never meet. Extrapolate that to the Internet and now you've got a world full of solipsists, who no matter how horrible the things they think or do, will always have a community backing them up.

The Internet wouldn't have prevented Nazi Germany; it would have brought it about much sooner.

What I fear is that the Internet just gives people a way to vent their true feelings that they keep bottled up inside. Ideas they are fearful to express in public. I worry about how many people around me are secretly borderline Nazis just waiting to explode like that moron in Starbucks. Sometimes I'll be wandering around my office and catch people mumbling in the halls some of the things that guy was screaming at those poor Starbucks customers. :smith:

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014
I've had people who straight up just assumed that I was adopted so of course I would be totally cool with them spouting racist poo poo because I was clearly one of the good ones and couldn't help that I was born with the curse of being a dumb savage. Ten years ago I would never have imagined that other countries would look at our most racist party and then adopt their mannerisms and talking points. :denmark:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

The Internet is neither good nor bad. It allows greater good AND greater evil. How it's used is a reflection of human nature and the shades of gray that make up the world. For every crazy /pol/ Nazi throwing tantrums in public, you get acts of charity and goodwill towards others.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
It's really human nature boiled down. You get total poo poo mostly with occasional bits of good.

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
the internet makes you stupid

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I wish this conversation had continued.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Can you imagine having to explain to your temporarily extremely proud parents why you are no longer going to the most prestigious institution in America.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
How did they find out about this chat? How many people were involved?

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

chitoryu12 posted:

The Internet is neither good nor bad. It allows greater good AND greater evil. How it's used is a reflection of human nature and the shades of gray that make up the world. For every crazy /pol/ Nazi throwing tantrums in public, you get acts of charity and goodwill towards others.

Evil lurks in the datalinks as it lurked in the streets of yesteryear. But it was never the streets that were evil. - t. videogames

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

How did they find out about this chat? How many people were involved?

It was an offsite of an offsite of the official incoming freshman chat on facebook. You had to post an edgy meme in the main group to get an invite, where you could post edgier memes with like-minded individuals who will also not be attending Harvard.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

And thus an alt-right supervillain team was born

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

On the one hand it sucks that their lives are probably ruined because of offensive memes in a semi-private chat, but on the other hand it is extremely my poo poo that their lives were ruined because of offensive memes in a semi-private chat.

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude
Typical liberal college shutting down free speech.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Biplane posted:

On the one hand it sucks that their lives are probably ruined because of offensive memes in a semi-private chat, but on the other hand it is extremely my poo poo that their lives were ruined because of offensive memes in a semi-private chat.

How is this even remotely a life ruining experience? I'll bet all those kids have fallback schools, and at worst they'll have to take a semester/year off and reapply. Teenager get set to jail for more bullshit reasons than this. That's a life-ruining experience.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Gross Dude posted:

Typical liberal college shutting down free speech.

That garbage Tinsley comic-artist would have a field day with this. 90% of his cartoons are "them colleges sure hate free speech!"

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Biplane posted:

I'd feel more sorry for them if their stuff had actually been funny.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Biplane posted:

I am glad for the non-assholes in the class of 2021 who have ten fewer arrant douchebags to deal with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

there wolf posted:

How is this even remotely a life ruining experience? I'll bet all those kids have fallback schools, and at worst they'll have to take a semester/year off and reapply. Teenager get set to jail for more bullshit reasons than this. That's a life-ruining experience.

:thunk: