Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Despite what I said earlier, I did manage to kill Veronica with the B Team at least once. I just threw Chrom at her twice with dancing.

Chrom is still bad though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
It was fun tricking Veronica into a spot where she couldn't attack me from and then proceeding to beat the hell out of her and the stray Nino that was with her. If only it happened on a Lunatic run and not a Hard one.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

As a guy who's played since day one and gotten SERIOUSLY RNG screwed in the gacha, the fact that now I'm also being punished for not having a wide and varied 5* roster is an extra and unnecessary gently caress you from this game.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

MotU posted:

is a +ATK/-DEF Ike good

That's my Ike and he does good work. With his native skill set he basically beats any sword or axe unit and he can 1 round most green mages on a counter (though after that he's on like 2 hp). He's cool and my friend.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
look at you lucky bastards with characters that actually have renewal.

gently caress I want Fae so much

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

Same. I want a dumb healer gimmick Lucina.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

If y'all aren't sure if Quickened Pulse is any good, this is what BCordelia's alpha looks like with a precharged Moonbow:

Andrast posted:

Same. I want a dumb healer gimmick Lucina.

Reciprenewcina is very good for Trials and yeah that's what I call her fight me if you got a problem :colbert:

Philip Rivers fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Jun 9, 2017

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

cheetah7071 posted:

I have no idea how you manage to survive without a healer or faux-healer tbh. Even favorable matchups knock off 1/4 to 1/3 of a unit's health once you get to the crazy enemy stats in the back half.

My first team is:

Tharja (-attack/+speed) with inherited desperation 3.
Ninian (+res/-hp) with inherited TA 3 and draconic aura.
Kagero (Neutral) with inherited LaD 2, desperation 3, hone speed, and rally attack.
Takumi (-hp/+speed) with Firesweep+, LaD 3, Poison Strike 3, draconic aura, and draw back.

With Takumi and desperation I generally don't have to take damage to kill things. I've made it to the final map every time with this team, though I've only actually cleared it with them a few times.

Andrast posted:

Oh no, a single unit on the map that Rein can't kill.

Rein with Draconic Aura activation still does over half of her HP in damage. I've used that to kill her multiple times.

You're really underselling the difficulty you run into relying any single unit to clear that map. How are you managing to kill the 72 hp gwendolyns, cecilias, and titanias with Reinhardt? Of course you can run into configurations he can run rampant on, but he's not as good here as in the arena.

Shinji117
Jul 14, 2013

Philip Rivers posted:

If y'all aren't sure if Quickened Pulse is any good, this is what BCordelia's alpha looks like with a precharged Moonbow:

Reciprenewcina is very good for Trials and yeah that's what I call her fight me if you got a problem :colbert:

Those are always a little questionable cause skill inheritance mucks em something fierce.

For example, the not-entirely-uncommon TriAd MRob takes around 14-20 (exact depends on IVs) from the two moonbows, then Lunas her back for 50ish.

Vantage on distant counter units also seem likely to work well against low-enough-hp-to-trigger-desperation-BCord

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

akulanization posted:

You're really underselling the difficulty you run into relying any single unit to clear that map. How are you managing to kill the 72 hp gwendolyns, cecilias, and titanias with Reinhardt? Of course you can run into configurations he can run rampant on, but he's not as good here as in the arena.

That's true.

He still does serious work (and duos all the previous maps with Oliviano problem) but requires some solid red support in green heavy versions of that map. TA Olivia alone usually isn't enough there.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Shinji117 posted:

Those are always a little questionable cause skill inheritance mucks em something fierce.

For example, the not-entirely-uncommon TriAd MRob takes around 14-20 (exact depends on IVs) from the two moonbows, then Lunas her back for 50ish.

Vantage on distant counter units also seem likely to work well against low-enough-hp-to-trigger-desperation-BCord

They're obviously not a perfect metric but let's be honest, if you're running your BCordelia into a TA Raven user then it's your own dang fault.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

I'm honestly not sure how I'm supposed to get my red units into range of Veronica and her mage pals without them getting pasted anyways. Ryoma or Xander might be able to better deal with her with Distant Counter+ a healer I guess... Maybe I just haven't figured out the best way to play this map because I keep getting boxed in with none of my units able to get in range of someone to attack. Its all horse and mages + an armor and they all draw back/reposition each other constantly. :psyduck:

Yeah... unless I manage to figure out some kind of trick for the Veronica map I think I'm just gonna limp my way to MMarth 4* and call it a day.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
The square below the destructible block on the right hand side is in range of the horse mage, so put someone with advantage and the ability to counterattack there.

If you don't engage the armor unit straight away, Veronica and her bodyguard won't move, but the cavalry unit on the left will. This can let you start dragging them in piecemeal.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Getting up to 4 percent now for the bride banner

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Now that I've got the hang of it, I'm consistently hitting 600-710 scores with my Eirika/Nino/Ursula/Tharja-blade-tome-draw-back exxxxxxtravaganza!

Blade tomes, folks. Get up in 'em.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Zephiel GHB is back in case anybody didn't notice. Three orbs plus another copy of Zephiel up for grabs

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
They need to start giving the debuffers better weapons/skills.

The prevent counterattack skill would really be more fitting for a ninja.

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer
369 for a no death run, what is this crap? I've gotten 500+ without even using robin

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Lube banjo posted:

369 for a no death run, what is this crap? I've gotten 500+ without even using robin

Speed is really important for score (more important than survival, apparently) and you got an E in that category.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Man I never would have thought I would feel hurt pulling a Takumi in this game. He's +atk/-spd and man that's one hell of a loving consolation prize. Also I've yet to clear lunatic's maps. I always get some sort of bullshit on one map or another that opens my roster up like a candy wrapper.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Tired Moritz posted:

Luck? I got mine from a 5 star Jakob, which is like getting a kick in the crotch.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

THE loving MOON posted:

Awesome, I just managed to clear lunaticX7 with only one death at the end. Mae one-rounded Veronica from full health, she gives zero fucks about triangle advantage :black101:

A for speed, A for Survival, no bonus unit. :rip: Azura

edit: oh like 512 points I think

FYI you get over 600 points with A speed, B survival and 1.4x bonus unit, so if you have one of those you should probably build a sacrificial team and just surrender before you even take the turn.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
I just got a Nino in the Lunatic tempest that took a hit from my +Atk Ryoma and survived :psypop:

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice
Lucina's built in renewal has been the real MVP. Also Julia's breath of life.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

cheetah7071 posted:

Zephiel GHB is back in case anybody didn't notice. Three orbs plus another copy of Zephiel up for grabs

I did not notice so I appreciate this

Also I've finally maxed out hero merit on one of my heroes because of this nonsense

Also also does masked marth really come with no abilities because well, I just got the four star one and he appears to have no abilities

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Yeah, these trials are amazing for maxing out HM. Got like 2500 feathers since the event started.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
It is fun getting to Veronica and having my first team die at the end, cause it means I get to dust off my Roy for a fight. Veronica doing 5 damage to him is never not hilarious.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Elyv posted:

I did not notice so I appreciate this

Also I've finally maxed out hero merit on one of my heroes because of this nonsense

Also also does masked marth really come with no abilities because well, I just got the four star one and he appears to have no abilities

Masked Marth is a girl (IT IS LUCINA! WOW I BET YOU COULDN'T HAVE GUESSED)

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Kyte posted:

FYI you get over 600 points with A speed, B survival and 1.4x bonus unit, so if you have one of those you should probably build a sacrificial team and just surrender before you even take the turn.

:eyepop: I didn't think of that, thanks. I don't have any bonus units in a usable state, and I don't want to cripple myself by using only 3 units.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

KoldPT posted:

Masked Marth is a girl (IT IS LUCINA! WOW I BET YOU COULDN'T HAVE GUESSED)

Well, she still has no abilities :(

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

I cannot beat the veronica stage no matter what. Even my sword lords do like 5 damage to her, and she just obliterates everyone.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

THE loving MOON posted:

:eyepop: I didn't think of that, thanks. I don't have any bonus units in a usable state, and I don't want to cripple myself by using only 3 units.

I think you can use a bonus unit on the first map with a throwaway team, let them die and continue with your good units.

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

I'm averaging 240 a run and have about 70 stamina pots from not playing too frequently. I will get that seal but holy hell I am going to have to watch a bunch of movies or something to keep from going insane. :saddowns:

Also why did I waste all my lon'qus on giving vantage to random cards. I am not good at this game

Maybe I can pay my little siblings fivebux to do it

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
So the max score from lunatic A speed A surv and a 40% is 705.

If you're perfect every time you'll need to do around 75 runs for the seal.

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice
Went fishing for Nowi and ended up pulling a Takumi. Thoughts on a +spd/-res?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I might have to retool my team to be able to handle the last Lunatic stage consistently. Right now running Hector/RobinM/Subaki/Lucius, which is fine for most of the maps, but Veronica has so much health that Hector can't really keep up with her. Problem is I don't have that many good reds - Eirika isn't the best for killing, so it's either Roy or CorrinM.

I could promote my Chrom and start building the healer build I guess.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

ApplesandOranges posted:

I might have to retool my team to be able to handle the last Lunatic stage consistently. Right now running Hector/RobinM/Subaki/Lucius, which is fine for most of the maps, but Veronica has so much health that Hector can't really keep up with her. Problem is I don't have that many good reds - Eirika isn't the best for killing, so it's either Roy or CorrinM.

Roy has triangle adept, he's going to be at least somewhat effective against Veronica.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Should I let Tharja eat a Selena for triangle adept just to beat Veronica?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
What C Skill/Offensive/Defensive Skill does Masked Marth want? I'm giving Fury and Renewal for A and B.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

ApplesandOranges posted:

I would bet that Roy basically laughs in Veronica's face.

For the record, here's what I've been doing: I have a starting lineup of Eirika/Nino/Nowi/BLyn. If that lineup manages to make it all the way to the end I actually feel pretty comfortable against Veronica and pals, but usually I gently caress up somewhere between levels 4 and 6 and lose a unit. The rest of that comp has actually been consistently able to 3v4 random dumb bullshit because Nino hits like a freight train(fun fact: a fully buffed Nino ORKO's Veronica!), but when I make it to the end if I only have 3 I do a turn 0 surrender and pull out YTiki/Ninian/Julia+1(I've been using my 4 star Tharja but it sounds like that's unnecessary?). YTiki has been a sort of side project for a while so she already has G Tomebreaker 3 and LB+ and Ninian has Fortify Dragons on so she's able to handle Veronica and I'm usually able to muddle through the rest of it.