Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

rio posted:

Literally shaking that headdresses are being used as fashion accessories.

Whoops I forgot to include the photo's title: Tribal Bond

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

What's the easiest way to become an award-winning photographer?

Steal the work of previous award-winning photographers, obviously.

Photo by Souvid Datta, taken 2013:

Photo by Mary Ellen Mark, taken 1978:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Welp

good on him for owning up to it, I suppose

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

His "whys" about not realizing the seriousness of it sound like utter bullshit though

Kilometers Davis fucked around with this message at 19:38 on May 4, 2017

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

Back to Sal Cincotta for a moment...

xzzy posted:

The only way to know when you've nailed your tone mapping is when things look like they were lazily photoshopped in.

That's their secret, they're always lazily photoshopped in.

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

Kilometers Davis posted:

His "whys" about not realizing the seriousness of it sound like utter bullshit though

I liked the "I was in my early to mid 20s! I was too young to know better!" rationalization, as well as "I hadn't had any formal training in photojournalism, so I didn't realize it was a mistake" part...as if it takes a college degree and/or several years of apprenticing to discover the ~deep secret~ that you don't wholesale clone in parts of another person's photograph and then pass it off as a.) factual and b.) your own work.

thetzar
Apr 22, 2001
Fallen Rib

Known Lecher posted:

I liked the "I was in my early to mid 20s! I was too young to know better!" rationalization, as well as "I hadn't had any formal training in photojournalism, so I didn't realize it was a mistake" part...as if it takes a college degree and/or several years of apprenticing to discover the ~deep secret~ that you don't wholesale clone in parts of another person's photograph and then pass it off as a.) factual and b.) your own work.

I had a classmate steal one of my photos in college. Literally. This was back in the age of proper darkrooms, so we were constantly generating a lot of testprints and almost-final prints. Those that we didn't want were tossed into a large discard bin. This girl must have fished through there to grab one of my discards (during open lab time, not class. Man, I miss access to a 24-hour darkroom). I forget what the assignment was, but we had to produce a tight series of something. I did the major bridges between Manhattan and Long Island. She did some weird jumble with a loose story to hold them together, with my Williamsburg Bridge shot in the middle of it.

She NEVER owned up. Denied everything all the way through the process that eventually got her kicked out of Pratt. Which is fantastically stupid because I had the negatives.

Anyway, liars gonna lie.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Yes it says paroloride with film

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

unpacked robinhood posted:

Yes it says paroloride with film

well he's not lying

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Buy it and throw away the polaroid.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

iSheep posted:

Buy it and throw away the polaroid.

It's what I was thinking but it seems to be a huge cretin thinking he's scamming people.
I have no guarantee the film wasn't kept on the backseat of a car. Worth the gamble though, it's 1€/roll.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
The funniest part of that (too me) is that Polaroid made 135 format film, regular black-and-white stuff not self-developing, and I can believe somebody finding an old Polaroid camera and a pile of 135 Polaroid film and tossing them on Craigslist / local equivalent. But Ilford isn't even close.

Go for it, Ilford makes good film and hey, free paperweight!

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer
I got a follow from this guy the other day. :nws: NSFW Flickr stream :nws:

Overprocessed images? Check!
Weird 'art' processing effects? Check!
Papyrus watermark? Check!

The thing that made it stand out from every other GWAC taking pictures of his girlfriend was the weird posing on his roof. Not on a flat roof or a terrace, but the model is somehow clinging on for dear life to a tile ridge while trying to look as sexy as her survival instinct and his enthusiastic editing will allow.

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

Helen Highwater posted:

I got a follow from this guy the other day. :nws: NSFW Flickr stream :nws:

Overprocessed images? Check!
Weird 'art' processing effects? Check!

I like that he has three or four overprocessed versions of almost every picture, just so you can pick the flavor that's right for you. That's called value for money!

Five bucks says :nws:this one:nws: is a "souvenir shot".

Fake edit: Don't take it; you'll lose.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Yond Cassius posted:

I like that he has three or four overprocessed versions of almost every picture, just so you can pick the flavor that's right for you. That's called value for money!

Five bucks says :nws:this one:nws: is a "souvenir shot".

Fake edit: Don't take it; you'll lose.

Not pictured below him, the dead hooker body

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Haha he looks like SQUART man.

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo :nws:his Patreon...:nws:

quote:

Erotica Video Stream
$250 or more per month
A Few years ago i thought i was the poo poo and decided what everyone needed to see was just how much sex i was having. I spent the next 2 1/2yrs recording every sexual encounter i had. this teir is for those of you that want to see those clips and videos
$250 Members

:dogbutton:

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

:allbuttons:

rio
Mar 20, 2008

quote:

NicotineBandit Photo is creating Digital Images & Pictures that can change the way you feel

That is not untrue...:barf:

feigning interest
Jun 22, 2007

I just hate seeing anything go to waste.
lol this is his 'side project'

https://www.instagram.com/hdrportraits/

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

This guy is loving hilarious but also making a living off of hanging out with naked models in the specific genre of "weird hot" all day so what I'm saying is that I'm a complete failure.

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

if he was making a living from it he wouldn't need a patreon and hide the monthly income amount.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

polyester concept posted:

if he was making a living from it he wouldn't need a patreon and hide the monthly income amount.

ding ding ding

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Kilometers Davis posted:

This guy is loving hilarious but also making a living off of hanging out with naked models in the specific genre of "weird hot" all day so what I'm saying is that I'm a complete failure.

man it sure is weirdly hot on this roof

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

clean your mirrors people

https://www.instagram.com/p/BUvB4z_hubj/

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Racy photo shoot.... or corpse on the roof?

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

That is nasty.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I wonder what the thought process was like.

"ughh there's spots on the image, gently caress it, I don't want to get the tripod out again."

or

"oh gently caress yeah there's spirits in my photo! that will enhance my brand!"

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
He thinks he's the Rock, but he's more Kevin James

https://flic.kr/p/j6cZNV

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

Here he comes! Hide your e-cigs!

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc
Someone pay $40 to get access to his dropbox and delete all the files pls tia

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib

Spedman posted:

He thinks he's the Rock, but he's more Kevin James

https://flic.kr/p/j6cZNV

That's not him .. can't be, there isn't enough HDR.

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down
I was unsure if this would fit best in the street thread or this one, but since all threads here are bad, i chose the one i was already in

A travel photographer wrote this, it very briefly featured on Petapixel, although they pulled it because every single comment was hating on them and the article

"How to deal with people asking for money when doing Travel Photography"
http://www.picsofasia.com/2017/06/12/people-asking-money-travel-photography/

i'll quote the worst parts here

Tonedeaf white guy posted:

As you may know, developing countries are very money orientated cultures. No one to blame here, but it is an expected thing for people who come from difficult situations to try and make more money today. As I live in Vietnam I will use the Vietnamese example: Vietnam is also a very business-oriented, and historically a trading culture. As tourism has grown, so have the business opportunities. This is good for the economy, and money has become a larger priority. For example, if you could understand Vietnamese while walking through a market, you would hear that most people are conversing about money, all the time.

Ah yes, the dreadful thing that is discussing money. at a market.

I may also offer money to locals if it’s in exchange their services. For example, asking a local person to take you on their boat for some photos on the lake deserves financial compensation. Another example, in Hoi An there are women who carry around baskets of fruit with the purpose of posing for tourist’s photos. In a sense, they are full-time professional models. In this case, it is okay to pay them to take their photos as you are supporting their job. But be aware of how much you give!

be aware that many middle-aged men who ask for money are planning to buy alcohol – learn how to read people before you give.

This is apparently a key take away. pay people you feel deserve it, but for the love of all that is good, don't pay them TOO MUCH!!! Oh and also don't pay people who might use that money to entertain themselves. this is also bad because Reasons.

i'll leave you with this comment from the now deleted petapixel article

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Frobbe posted:

i'll leave you with this comment from the now deleted petapixel article

lol republicans booze as much as everyone else

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Of course they do, but it's the viewpoint that nobody else should be. See also: sex with men in public toilets.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

EL BROMANCE posted:

Of course they do, but it's the viewpoint that nobody else should be. See also: sex with men in public toilets.

an issue near and dear to el bromance's heart

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah I'll admit that my username really doesn't help with that post.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Holy poo poo I need to see more of this

https://twitter.com/alicevjones/status/878254329689276416

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
He's an artist.

https://twitter.com/BROOKLYNB_TH/status/874953554410184704

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer

Xabi posted:

He's an artist.

Is it the Leica or the Dutch angles that give it away?

Helen Highwater fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Jun 23, 2017