Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

do they not make both sounds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

oddium posted:

do they not make both sounds

Before FF8, the localizers took some liberties when it comes to the name of things like spells and items, as well as chocobo noises. With FF8 they realized that being embarrassingly Japanese was now a selling point for the series due to anime now being cool, so they just used all the original names and sounds of things (with a few exceptions) from then on. So pre-FF8 release chocobos go "Wark!" and any game released after they go "Kweh!". This applies to re-releases like the GBA version of FF5.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

oh i thought it was like a bark/woof or meow/meow kind of thing

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The only FF game I've liked was 9 and they go Kweh in that so that's the right answer

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

oddium posted:

oh i thought it was like a bark/woof or meow/meow kind of thing

miaou

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Whatever they do in FFXIV is the correct one cause XIV is the best one.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
I started playing stardew valley.

Game is great!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

My chocobo in FFXIV was named Warkwarkwarkwark. I tried Kwehkwehkwehkweh but it's not as good

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Sefal posted:

I started playing stardew valley.

Game is great!

:hfive: farm games rule

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Bubsy is getting a reboot.

Surely the end of days are upon us

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
No Man's Sky sincere post 1.4x

I liked the game at launch, but as I said at the time I was a little disappointed. Everyone was. I'm not really looking to change anyone's mind but hear me out here.

I've kept playing off and on, mostly restarting a lot, since the big content updates. Until yesterday, though, I hadn't actually gotten to really see much of the new content (aside from the vastly improved procgen leading to much more interesting planets).

But man, if you gave up on the game, just let me ask you: did you ever defend a giant freighter from pirates, then dock on said freighter and wander around its halls to find the Captain, who actually would give you a dece reward? It's awesome! Did you build a vehicle? Even the first one, the Roamer, which took maybe an hour to unlock, changes the game to a great degree. Suddenly you can mine huge amounts of anything very quickly (the mining laser on the Roamer doesn't even overheat, you can just annihilate an entire formation of minerals without stopping) and you can catch sweet air hopping off mountains - very much like the Mako in ME but controls a lot less like rear end.

The myriad quests your base guys give you provide a clear and strong sense of purpose that wasn't much there before. One quest had me race to a comm tower before a transmission was deleted, and it was great. The NPC dudes even have story and lore to go with them (one of my guys joined a cult!)

Basically I feel like I can sum up with this picture

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Gat in that Agents of Mayhem video doesn't even look like Gat :confused:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

maybe it's a title like dread pirate Roberts

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

StrixNebulosa posted:

"Following a tour of Studio Mir, a fan published unauthorized photographs of confidential storyboards, character designs and sketches online."

a "fan" holding poo poo hostage from a show he's a "fan" of, jesus.

If I was producing the show I'd not only tell him to eat poo poo but I'd kill off whoever he's talking about

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Regy Rusty posted:

The only FF game I've liked was 9 and they go Kweh in that so that's the right answer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2Mft5YDHA4

:yeah:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
For 12 years you've been asking: who is John Gat? This is John Gat speaking.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8pISIZfWpI

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

That's the good poo poo right there :hai:

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/230700/discussions/0/490123197944264871/

How the hell does one see all the different religious and mythological aspects of La-Mulana and draw this conclusion? :psyduck:

I like how the gate of illusion is obviously the garden of eden except that the garden of eden in LM is a straight-up lie that doesn't exist.

Also "Ellmac seems to be a personification of Exodus itself", because... he runs away really fast?

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

eject twitter into space

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Reading this makes me break out into a cold sweat and reach for my gun.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Mordja posted:

Reading this makes me break out into a cold sweat and reach for my gun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8piMHsOya4

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

It actually just seems like a quick, fun exchange between a few gimmick accounts :confused:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

It actually just seems like a quick, fun exchange between a few gimmick accounts :confused:

Those are all the verified twitter accounts for the marketing teams for those games. Except maybe Bubsy, who knows.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I mean, as far as advertising goes, it's better than virtually ever commercial I can remember having to sit through, or flash ads, or Facebook sidebar ads, or the godawful ones that I have to see on the subway every morning.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I didn't even realize there was another old-style Sonic coming out until I looked at that twitter.
I don't know which is funnier; that the trailer is done by the guy who did the Nipples the Enchilada comics or that they just pretend everything past S&K doesn't exist.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Saint Freak posted:

I didn't even realize there was another old-style Sonic coming out until I looked at that twitter.
I don't know which is funnier; that the trailer is done by the guy who did the Nipples the Enchilada comics or that they just pretend everything past S&K doesn't exist.

Specifically skipping over 4 is pretty funny.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Guilty gear team making a dragon ball z marvel style fighter.

My scouter just broke calculating the power level

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Bicyclops posted:

I mean, as far as advertising goes, it's better than virtually ever commercial I can remember having to sit through, or flash ads, or Facebook sidebar ads, or the godawful ones that I have to see on the subway every morning.

I agree, I'll take the harmless, mostly out-of-sight remarks from some brands on twitter over an obnoxious 15 second ad that pops up every 8 minutes. Like, the people getting ironically disturbed are only seeing it because someone else screen capped and shared it. It's not like it was filling up your personal twitter feed. They aren't sponsored tweets. Just let them have fun.

Real hurthling! posted:

Guilty gear team making a dragon ball z marvel style fighter.

My scouter just broke calculating the power level

Yeah, but can I have a Fat Buu/Kid Buu tag team?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

LawfulWaffle posted:

I agree, I'll take the harmless, mostly out-of-sight remarks from some brands on twitter over an obnoxious 15 second ad that pops up every 8 minutes. Like, the people getting ironically disturbed are only seeing it because someone else screen capped and shared it. It's not like it was filling up your personal twitter feed. They aren't sponsored tweets. Just let them have fun.

Yeah, but can I have a Fat Buu/Kid Buu tag team?

Yeah but who's your anchor? Bibbity?

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I like it when brands tweet and mascots tweeting is the god tier of tweeting brands. That's all I have to say about Twitter really.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

love to watch BRANDS SYNERGIZE

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I just find it hilarious that people are paid to roleplay mascots online by the companies themselves.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

And they don't even have to dress up in fursuits like sports mascots.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Phantasium posted:

I just find it hilarious that people are paid to roleplay mascots online by the companies themselves.

Just imagine going to a party and when somebody asks what you do, you say "Well, believe it or not, I'm Mega Man."

If you imagined the reason that you're saying it is because you're probably an unpaid intern and saying "I'm Mega Man" sounds better than that, you are probably right.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

mutata posted:

And they don't even have to dress up in fursuits like sports mascots.

It's probably for the best that their fursuit activities are confined to an online space, yes

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/tony-tiger-harassed-twitter-furries-article-1.2512485

https://twitter.com/realtonytiger/status/692532284210159621

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Bicyclops posted:

thats what makes it worse

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
hello my loving fellow teens

edit: wrong thread but leavin' it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Captain Invictus posted: