Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Rad Valtar posted:

Also competitive Smash is one of the dumbest things that exists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Yodzilla posted:

This is really interesting but at the same time really dumb.

Competitive Smash Bros.txt

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

The Bloop posted:

On second thought,

I would go to a tourney that has the rules Random Character, All Items (on high), Random Stage (all)

Just because it would cause "purists" some level of distress

I would probably lose badly, but that would be OK

I'm on board with this 100%.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Yo Yodzilla, when's Tiny Tower hitting the Switch baby?

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Mister Facetious posted:

Well, everyone knows the Japanese aren't into science fiction, with robots, mecha, and aliens or space ships... :newlol:

well they sure aren't into metroid

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Yodzilla posted:

This is really interesting but at the same time really dumb.

And you just know some subsection of the community would be outrageously pissed off if Nintendo fixed the original game bug in a VC/remaster release on the Switch.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Speaking of really dumb interesting things, I can't wait for the Half A Press run of Super Mario Odyssey

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Neddy Seagoon posted:

And you just know some subsection of the community would be outrageously pissed off if Nintendo fixed the original game bug in a VC/remaster release on the Switch.

100% serious E3 Prediction: Smash Bros. DX includes a special "Melee Mode" that tweaks the physics and poo poo to be the same as melee. This is interpreted by Melee people as a direct insult from Kimishima himself.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

DLC Inc posted:

I'm gonna be cautiously pessimistic and say those are placeholders that have probably just been there for ages

The Xenoblade Cheonicles 2 image has definitely been on Best Buy's site for awhile. I remember seeing th placeholder in later April or early may.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

deadly_pudding posted:

100% serious E3 Prediction: Smash Bros. DX includes a special "Melee Mode" that tweaks the physics and poo poo to be the same as melee. This is interpreted by Melee people as a direct insult from Kimishima himself.

You're wrong in that that mode won't exist (it'd be a pretty complicated thing to pull off and Sakurai doesn't give a poo poo), but you're right that the melee community would take it as an insult even if it could exist

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Evil Fluffy posted:

The Xenoblade Cheonicles 2 image has definitely been on Best Buy's site for awhile. I remember seeing th placeholder in later April or early may.

It's just a generic placeholder because of the Nintendo Direct with all the game trailers. The kind that has a December 31st 201X release date so they can just fill the details in when they get further information ASAP instead of make an entry from scratch for all those nice immediate :shepspends: preorders.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Nintendo killed all of its sci-fi franchises.

Splatoon? Pikmin?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

Splatoon? Pikmin?

Oh man, it's really hard to mentally frame Splatoon as sci-fi in my head, despite it meeting the criteria.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Infinitum posted:

Wrong goon game developer! I'm working on Hastilude which is on a bit of a hold whilst I have a kid but we hope to port to Switch when it's done.

Tiny Tower is eenmachine I believe.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Guy Goodbody posted:

Splatoon? Pikmin?

I think you're forgetting Federation Force :pseudo:.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Oh man, it's really hard to mentally frame Splatoon as sci-fi in my head, despite it meeting the criteria.

Splatoon is cyberpunk.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Infinitum posted:

Games only please. Also Fun only please.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Splatoon is post-apocalyptic

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I think it's about time someone else made Smash Brothers. Miyamoto was mostly in a background role for Zelda by like the fifth one.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Well, for humans maybe. It's a pretty fresh, alive, non-destroyed civilization if you're a squid and/or a kid.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Evil Fluffy posted:

I mean Xenoblade Chronicles 2 was announced at the Switch announcement IIRC. So It's probably been there since Jan.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

well why not posted:

http://multimedia.bbycastatic.ca/multimedia/products/150x150/104/10440/10440799.jpg

change the URL to have different numbers at the end. That one is for xenoblade chronicles 2

:eyepop:

Chair mode and PS4 compatibility confirmed?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Releasing Smash this year, along with MK8 and Splatoon 2 would be savvy in a way to have the most popular Nintendo online franchises free to play online and tempt people into buying into the paid online once they cannot do it for free anymore.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I do think they want to release at least one major online game simultaneously with the service.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/872948483606495232

Go Isabelle or Go Home.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I voted for K.K Slider

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

gently caress a Digby-less poll.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Tom nook is not a friend

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Real hurthling! posted:

Tom nook is not a friend

Tom Nook, he's a crook.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Are we only getting the 30 minute Spotlight next week? I'm not sure there will be much announced in that.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Real hurthling! posted:

Tom nook is not a friend

Woah, woah, you're joking there friend. I know you're just joking. Tom Nook is everyone's best friend, he helped us set up our home and gave us a very reasonable rate on paying it back. Like a good best friend. Not like the people who made enemies of him by not paying him regularly and got their kneepcaps broke, we're not like those guys :ohdear:.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

irlZaphod posted:

Are we only getting the 30 minute Spotlight next week? I'm not sure there will be much announced in that.

The Spotlight is actually 25 minutes, and maybe there'll be some Treehouse stuff?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Guy Goodbody posted:

Splatoon? Pikmin?

Star Fox.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

There will be treehouse stuff, but note that it will be punctuated with three invitational tournaments: Splatoon 2, Pokken DX, and ARMS, so a lot of the time will be on those things.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I think it's about time someone else made Smash Brothers. Miyamoto was mostly in a background role for Zelda by like the fifth one.

Hideki Kamiya, or the guy who made Rivals of Aether.

Nintendo will not, and should not, cater to the whims of Smash pros, especially after that weirdo had a fit recently and declared it "a lifestyle"

I mean if you were Nintendo wouldn't you pick ARMS/Splatoon as your prime "esport" over a community that literally wanted to take back a trophy won by a child just because he USED ITEMS

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The Smash 4 tournaments don't seem to have the same problems and are larger than the melee tournaments anyway.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I loved playing competitive smash for a while but then realized it made me a very bad person

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

DLC Inc posted:

I mean if you were Nintendo wouldn't you pick ARMS/Splatoon as your prime "esport" over a community that literally wanted to take back a trophy won by a child just because he USED ITEMS

lol I'm gonna need a link to this one, because that's just shameful behaviour.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Kashuno posted:

I loved playing competitive smash for a while but then realized it made me a very bad person

Moreso?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

That was brawl actually. Also it's like 10 years old at this point

• Locked thread