Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

tanglewood1420 posted:

FIBA 3 x 3 tournament rules: http://www.fiba.com/documents/2016/01/29/3x3%20Rules%20of%20the%20game%202016%20table.pdf

3 players + 1 sub (can sub at any deadball)
Half court
Score 1s and 2s
First to 21 or whoever is leading after 10 minutes
12 second shot clock
Take it out beyond the arc on a rebound
Defence gets ball on made basket

1s and 2s mean Kyrie and Curry would absolutely kill in this.

I'm intrigued.

Chairchucker posted:

Patty Mills, the regenerated corpse of Andrew Bogut, Matthew Dellavedova.

Are there subs in this? Jingles off the bench.

I think you mean kyrie, delly, bogut with Patty off the bench

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Kyrie has already played for Team USA tho, he knows where his bread is buttered (on the RED WHITE AND BLUE side)

Team Australia could also field Ben Simmons and Thon Maker

Time posted:

Question: when was the last time the best player in the league was foreign? Dirk? I know he won MVP in 06-07 but that was a close year. Before that is had to be Hakeem.

Soon it will be Giannis

(the year Dirk won MVP was the consecutive third year in a row that a Foreigner won MVP, but everyone agrees it was utter bullshit. Aside from that yeah it was Hakeem in the missing Jordan years)

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I love the "let's make the 3 more important!" Rule

Is there a shot clock? It better be like 12 seconds

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future

Jack's Flow posted:

Lebron, Draymond and 2 Chainz talk about basketball at a barbershop. Sure, why not?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ypwbI1NtG4

This is a cool video

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

BitterAvatar posted:

This is a cool video

Yeah, could've used a lot more of the actual players and less of the other guys though.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Jack's Flow posted:

Lebron, Draymond and 2 Chainz talk about basketball at a barbershop. Sure, why not?

When they started talking Coach K :rolleyes:

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

people who cant shoot basically have no place in a 3-3 game, right?

Like, Curry, Draymond, Durant would roll without breaking a sweat.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Time posted:

Question: when was the last time the best player in the league was foreign? Dirk? I know he won MVP in 06-07 but that was a close year. Before that is had to be Hakeem.

Soon it will be Giannis

Do we count Steve Nash? Or is it the consensus that he didn't deserve his MVPs?

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

It's all a matter of perspective...
Grimey Drawer
The team would probably lose immediately, but I'd love to see JaVale in 3 on 3.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

The Glumslinger posted:

That's my consensus

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
I feel like you need Anthony Davis on the 3v3 team

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Non-US countries should send there best players to the 3 on 3 team if players can only play on 1 team, it would give them a chance to win a gold, though US still probably has enough talent if you are looking at the first 4 guys left off the regular team.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

If only Cameroon had a guard

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

The Glumslinger posted:

Steve Nash owned actually

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/HPbasketball/status/873227557939929091

Too Soft Status: confirmed

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Steve Nash was an actual entertaining point guard, unlike dad shoe bad passer Steph Curry.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Nash loving owns let's not besmirch the Moose (the Canadian goat)

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

I saw Nash get inducted into the Suns Ring of Honor during halftime for some game. He was drunk as hell and rambled for like half an hour. It was great.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
I saw Lebrons second game ever cuz I got cheap Suns tickets (ASU student.) Lebron dunked over Shawn Marion at one point and Steve Nash looked scared at what he just saw. That's my best memory of Steve Nash besides all of the incredible basketball I got to watch him play.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Cool Buff Man posted:

Boston homerism put to the side, the Heat does not seem like the greatest place for a player who would only leave his team to try to get to the finals

He signs with Miami we have a Big 4 like the Warriors in Dragic, Whiteside, Hayward and Waiters (please don't leave!).

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
https://twitter.com/Jimmy_Durkin/status/873229890463698945

Steve Kerr remains the One Good Warrior

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Paul Zuvella posted:

people who cant shoot basically have no place in a 3-3 game, right?

Like, Curry, Draymond, Durant would roll without breaking a sweat.

Dray's not really a very good shooter. Seems like it's very easy to ISO so the way to go is to get shooters who can break guys down. Iverson was born too early, he'd just go to the rim every single possession. Ideal US team (if they weren't playing full team) would be like, Durant/Kyrie/Melo maybe? You don't need to be able to run an offense or get out on the break.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Durant curry klay would be the best

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

Jack's Flow posted:

This video owns. I like the part where they're throwing shade at other players in the All-Star game.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
The Cavs can't beat the Warriors in 5 on 5 or 3 on 3, but would they have a chance 4 on 3?

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Kull the Conqueror posted:

Steve Nash was an actual entertaining point guard, unlike dad shoe bad passer Steph Curry.
:salt:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Stephen A. Smith said the Warriors ruined this NBA season for him.

I agree with Stephen A. Smith about something. :(

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Durant | LeBron | Curry would be stupid good. Yeah, James isn't the shooter of some other people, but his size and ability to get to the rim from anywhere are still highly valuable in scoring and rebounding.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
Looking forward to Cavs sweeping the rest of this series, when they turn the super secret second switch

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Who would be the best 3v3 All-Center team? Cousins | Davis | Jokic(?)?

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
Durant/Kawhi/Curry is the best possible team I think if you're playing 1s and 2s.

Kawhi is a better and more consistent shooter than Lebron and Lebron's biggest advantage of court vision and passing don't really matter in 3 on 3 as much.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Brolander posted:

Looking forward to Cavs sweeping the rest of this series, when they turn the super secret second switch

They do that and get a refined version of their Secret Stuff and I will be entertained.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Brolander posted:

Cavs reverse sweeping the Warriors at this point would confirm the Universal Simulation theory.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

euphronius posted:

Durant curry klay would be the best

Curry has weak handles and relies on screens and a qusick release. Imagine the Lebron double dribble possession on loop but eventually it starts getting called

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

The Glumslinger posted:

EvanTH posted:

(the year Dirk won MVP was the consecutive third year in a row that a Foreigner won MVP, but everyone agrees it was utter bullshit.)

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
If the Cavs do pull off a 4 game sweep win the Warriors must immediately disband.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Kibner posted:

Who would be the best 3v3 All-Center team? Cousins | Davis | Jokic(?)?

Edit

Misunderstood

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

"EVOLUTION" IS NON DIRECTIONAL :argh: THIS IS MY BIGGEST PET PEEVE

things can evolve to become smaller, dumber, less powerful. It is a process of generational change which makes no assurances of "improvement"

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

EvanTH posted:

"EVOLUTION" IS NON DIRECTIONAL :argh: THIS IS MY BIGGEST PET PEEVE

things can evolve to become smaller, dumber, less powerful. It is a process of generational change which makes no assurances of "improvement"

The myth of progress in politics bleeds into ideological understandings of science. Progressive evolution is a naturalization of technocratic politics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

tanglewood1420 posted:

Durant/Kawhi/Curry is the best possible team I think if you're playing 1s and 2s.

Kawhi is a better and more consistent shooter than Lebron and Lebron's biggest advantage of court vision and passing don't really matter in 3 on 3 as much.

It also matters that he's one of the strongest to-the-rim-getters in basketball history and a superior defender in every way. Durant/LeBron/Kawhi is a way stronger team

DeimosRising posted:

Dray's not really a very good shooter. Seems like it's very easy to ISO so the way to go is to get shooters who can break guys down. Iverson was born too early, he'd just go to the rim every single possession. Ideal US team (if they weren't playing full team) would be like, Durant/Kyrie/Melo maybe? You don't need to be able to run an offense or get out on the break.

melo even kinda sucks at getting to the rim and 1v1 shooting lately. He's lost a bunch of hop last few seasons

EvanTH fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Jun 9, 2017

• Locked thread