Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I've been waiting for a full-blown big budget 2D DBZ fighter since like the 2000s so I'm absolutely onboard with this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Arcsys using the Xrd engine to make a DB fighting game is fantasy booking for a dope-rear end vidyagame. Now if only they get Daisuke Ishiwatari to do the soundtrack.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I hope I can play as the U6 saiyan squad

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
U6 Saiyan thoughts:

If calling them a monkey is still a xeno-slur, do they actually, in fact, have tails? I wonder if U6 Saiyan infants just have their tails surgically removed because their cultural inclination towards like peacefulness and heroism makes turning into a rampaging murder-beast at regular calendar intervals kind of pointless?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I'm looking forward to the "Replace Broly with Caulifla" experiment that is going to happen starting with this game.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Oh hell yes.

Electric Phantasm posted:

I'm looking forward to the "Replace Broly with Caulifla" experiment that is going to happen starting with this game.

:same:

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Caulifla isn't Kale though

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

deadly_pudding posted:

U6 Saiyan thoughts:

If calling them a monkey is still a xeno-slur, do they actually, in fact, have tails? I wonder if U6 Saiyan infants just have their tails surgically removed because their cultural inclination towards like peacefulness and heroism makes turning into a rampaging murder-beast at regular calendar intervals kind of pointless?

According to google search, manga mentions they evolved to not have tails, anime implies they never had tails or its not commonly know that they used to

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Saagonsa posted:

Caulifla isn't Kale though

She will be when they fuse though!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I got Kale and Caulifla mixed up :(

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

^^^ you can remember that kale is girl broly because kale is the missing syllable to make bro-kale-ly

Pureauthor posted:

I wonder if it's meaningful the promo shots are using only DBZ-era stuff.

since this is likely a more traditional fighter than xenoverse or other db games the roster's probably gonna be more limited(but have a lot more individual effort into differentiating how they play), at least for the first revision+before dlc

so it makes sense for them to focus on the most popular/nostalgic era of dragonball

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
So uh, how did that spy from U4 immediately go from U7 back to report to the U4 Gods? Is instant transmission around in other universes?

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I want to see Caulifla replace Goku.

I bet the game is going to be QTE fest of which has not been seen since Dragons Lair.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Mordaedil posted:

I bet the game is going to be QTE fest of which has not been seen since Dragons Lair.

Dragon Ball Sai but it's Caulifla instead of Vegeta. Dragon Ball Cauli.

Also that art looks amazing. :allears:

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Having arc systems making a dbz fighter with the xrd engine is pretty much everything I ever wanted out of a dbz game.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Mordaedil posted:

Is Arcsys known for QTEs or something? I know they're not a thing in Xrd.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Brother Entropy posted:

^^^ you can remember that kale is girl broly because kale is the missing syllable to make bro-kale-ly

Woah

Also how does everyone think they're gonna handle transformations? Separate characters? Cosmetic? Actually worked into their movesets?

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

Goku should just scale his transformation level to whoever he's fighting.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Is Arcsys known for QTEs or something? I know they're not a thing in Xrd.

I think they're thinking of the Naruto game guys.

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008

These are fake no way arc would make a fighter with so few bars on the screen

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Macksy posted:

These are fake no way arc would make a fighter with so few bars on the screen

It has the same amount as Xrd.

Caros
May 14, 2008

So this is a thing. Not a good thing, but a thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzpfZuD07M0

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
TFS absolutely made this because they had a surplus of Cell disses they just had to jettison somehow.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

seiferguy posted:

So uh, how did that spy from U4 immediately go from U7 back to report to the U4 Gods? Is instant transmission around in other universes?

Most logical answer is U4 supreme Kai did his neato universe hopping trick that all kais apparently have to ferry him.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

Caros posted:

There's just something so embarassing about watching people write Deadpool poorly.

Caros
May 14, 2008

TheHan posted:

There's just something so embarassing about watching people write Deadpool poorly.

Right?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

haha i could make a period joke BUT I WON'T

the worst part is that deadpool actually would too

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

TheHan posted:

I thought it was good :(

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Caros posted:

outrageously bad

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I thought this seemed basically on-par for Deadpool writing actually. In fact every complaint I can find about it is that it 'insults' Deadpool, not actually any explanation for what's wrong about it.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

ImpAtom posted:

I thought this seemed basically on-par for Deadpool writing actually. In fact every complaint I can find about it is that it 'insults' Deadpool, not actually any explanation for what's wrong about it.

Yeah it's fairly standard Deadpool but Deadpool is bad so eh.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Kinda wish they wouldn't waste their time making these and just try to get the episodes edited. Especially since the actual Cell Game fight has started in the episodes so it not just random people challenging him while he waits for Goku.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Rirse posted:

Kinda wish they wouldn't waste their time making these and just try to get the episodes edited. Especially since the actual Cell Game fight has started in the episodes so it not just random people challenging him while he waits for Goku.

I'm sure it was delayed by the animator.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Rirse posted:

As I recall all the editing for most of these episodes is done by guest editors, so it isn't really losing them any time.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Yeah I am pretty sure these are just to discract people while they work on the episodes.

Plus they are usually ok!

This one wasn't.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Caros posted:

As I recall all the editing for most of these episodes is done by guest editors, so it isn't really losing them any time.

That makes more sense.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
This was as good as anything Deadpool related.

Also KaiserNeko doesn't edit the Cell Vs. videos so it doesn't take away from the Abridged Series at all.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
is deadpools whole gimmick that hes like so random lol. i saw the trailer for the movie and it was like that too

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

tbp posted:

is deadpools whole gimmick that hes like so random lol. i saw the trailer for the movie and it was like that too

He also does fourth wall breaking.

It's really bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

tbp posted:

His gimmick is that he's a self-aware he's a comic book character while also being functionally immortal and invincible (and also basically insane) which results in him being a giant rear end in a top hat because what are you going to do, kill him, he's a popular comic book character.

• Locked thread