Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

Fascist Moron With Holes In His Brain: I literally don't know how to watch a movie
Android Blues: Now wait....let's hear him out, here

Are you going to blame the Russians for making Trump watch movies wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Bernie would have watched the whole movie :qq:

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Android Blues posted:

I don't know, but don't read the newest page before you read the first, or you're Trump!

If you did know, the rest of this post would retroactively be earnest, like Dave's crippling depression

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Spellman posted:

If you did know, the rest of this post would retroactively be earnest, like Dave's crippling depression

that would also make the post retroactively unfunny and bad though, and it remains funny???

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

can someone not me go back and find the fake chatlog between toxx and pb that i think freak futa made, that was good

Spellman
May 31, 2011

It is found

http://hitmen.thecomicseries.com/

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

It's a really, really good comic. Anything Thorsby is wonderful.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Clawtopsy posted:

can someone not me go back and find the fake chatlog between toxx and pb that i think freak futa made, that was good

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

Good to know you and Trump are on the same wavelength on this one.

What is wrong with your brain

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I beg you. Stop posting here.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Daius posted:

Oh, you skipped a cutscene? Then you didn't really complete the game didya bud

This reminds me that the first time I 'read' Homestuck I skipped all the chat logs because of quirks and colours and ended up not getting it at all for obvious reasons.

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

Android Blues posted:

It's a really, really good comic. Anything Thorsby is wonderful.

I reread this recently because of webcomic discussion on another site. The characters are really fun to watch and narrative grips you with some thrilling twists. It helps that the author seems to have planned most of the story out ahead of time and could include foreshadowing or just callforwards. Just, it's a shame about the art; it's functional and readable but makes it hard to recommend the comic to new people.

I hope Hitmen for Destiny someday gets the One Punch Man treatment where a fan remakes it, keeps all of the writing, and gives it stellar art to match.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Okay but we all can at least agree that Bloodsport is a better story than homestuck and more deserving of proper reverence

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

RandallODim posted:

Okay but we all can at least agree that Bloodsport is a better story than homestuck and more deserving of proper reverence

Eh, only if you skip the boring parts.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Kathy Griffin: Make it fit.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Plom Bar posted:

Eh, only if you skip the boring parts.

Well yeah but Bloodsport doesn't have any boring parts.

I mean that's why it's perfect do we need to go over this

Foglet
Jun 17, 2014

Reality is an illusion.
The universe is a hologram.
Buy gold.

paranoid randroid posted:

i like homestuck and it hurts

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x141 KERNEL PANIC

Synthbuttrange posted:

Only one good thing came out of homestuck.

sbahj

That didn't even come out of Homestuck, technically.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Kazy posted:

That didn't even come out of Homestuck, technically.

i appreciate it more like a nightmare i'm glad is over.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Regy Rusty posted:

i appreciate it more like a nightmare i'm glad is over.

OVER???

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

thers still the EPILOGUE and the GAME and the EXCITING CONCLUSION to WHATEVER THE gently caress the SNAPCHATS WERE

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
hey thread, shotgunned It Hurts last night

thanks, y'all

that was easily one of the best comics i've ever read

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Hrm. Having thought on it some more and read some more stuff, one thing with It Hurts that frustrates me a lot is the way Katie gets tossed aside in the ending.

Last thing we see of her is her getting on a bus as Pasqualo decides to leave and throw their whole relationship in the trash after they have a fight. I have moderate/severe sadbrains and an infinitely kind and loving fiance who deals with my issues with the patience of a saint, and Katie reminds me of her in a lot of ways, so it pisses me off to see her get basically zero closure or resolution as a character and for Pasqualo to toss their relationship aside to save ~The One~.

Like we go from this panel, which hit home so hard it made me cry, to whelp cya gotta go save my True Love instead of being good to the woman I'm in a committed relationship with in no time flat.

I originally thought in the new universe Pasqualo incorporates a bunch of who Aurora is into himself so he can be a happier and more mentally healthy version of himself, who would wind up involved with Katie eventually, but apparently the author's intent is that he just replaces himself wholesale with Aurora and stops existing at all. Really annoys me that Pasqualo just ditches Katie and leaves her dangling in the breeze.

E: Eh to hell with what the author intended, it's vague on that point and I like my reading of it better.

Magres fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Jun 6, 2017

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

Magres posted:

E: Eh to hell with what the author intended, it's vague on that point and I like my reading of it better.

His official statement on that is that it's sad and he doesn't like to think about it.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

These "HIVESWAP DEVELOPER INTERVIEWS" feel kind of insulting. It's been what, four years, and now the regular updates are about poo poo nobody cares about with a tenuous connection to the game's content. I physically cannot bring myself to give a gently caress about the art department's favorite ships (objectively the second worst part of Homestuck's fandom, after this thread). It's also kind-of telling that the people they're interviewing only started at What Pumpkin like, last year? Didn't the game get funded in 2012?

I'm so over the attempts to garner hype for this poo poo that I shoved money into back when I was a broke college student.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Plom Bar posted:

His official statement on that is that it's sad and he doesn't like to think about it.

My complaints with that sequence aside, it's still a great comic. Has anyone read Gob's other comic, Eric the Juiceman? I'm interested in more of his stuff.

E: Hah, as I'm reading other people's reactions to poo poo I think I'm more getting what Gob was going for. Yay

Magres fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Jun 7, 2017

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!
anyone else still following Act Omega?

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lupus Rufus posted:

ive been checking it

had some weird issue with my bookmark for a bit, had to make a new one

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Lupus Rufus posted:

yeah but i'd figure i'd stop plugging it for a while because i didnt want to grate

good to see calliope becoming Good and Interesting, and also kicking her brother square in the dick he doesn't have

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Clawtopsy posted:

yeah but i'd figure i'd stop plugging it for a while because i didnt want to grate

good to see calliope becoming Good and Interesting, and also kicking her brother square in the dick he doesn't have

huh, yeah, that was actually pretty well done

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Yep! These randos from Tumblr have managed to make something that interesting and makes sense, and directly addressing loose ends that were left dangling all over the place. They made Calliope more sympathetic and interesting in a few updates by simply moving away from folks fawning over her and her fanfiction.

Maybe.....,....... Tumblr.... good???

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
tumblr is not bad by virtue of the content creators who use it as a platform, but because of the non-content creating userbase's discourse level, and the platform once again encouraging blocking or harassment over discussion, imo. It has many of the same problems as twitter.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

The social medium is the message.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

i wonder how the death of greenlight will impact the totally for real still coming out any day now homestuck the video game

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

AriadneThread posted:

i wonder how the death of greenlight will impact the totally for real still coming out any day now homestuck the video game

I wonder if kingdom hearts forever will come out before hiveswap

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Hemingway To Go! posted:

I wonder if kingdom hearts forever will come out before hiveswap

You're assuming Kingdom Hearts is actually going to be made and not just a mass figment of a decade long imagination

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AriadneThread posted:

their intended delivery vector was steam greenlight?

did that even exist when they started

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

The end of Greenlight shouldn't have any effect on them, games that already got through are still through.
No 6/12 announcements today, but the Cool and New Music Team put out our latest album, ,jpeg, where the artists drew art and musicians made tracks based on them. This is one that I did:

Edit ehoops heres a link to the album. Most if them are actually good, with only a couple of shitposts https://coolandnewwebcomic.bandcamp.com/album/jpeg

Scarodactyl fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Jun 13, 2017