Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Finance does not work that way

Not when you get a bailout by laundering money for the Russian mob.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cu Chulainn
Apr 27, 2011

It's great to get out of the lab

https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/status/873226576883851269

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

BRISTOL PALINS BABY posted:

is hefner a scumbag? i have never paid attention to him. didn't trump appear in some playboy videos (serious)

found a mag appearance

VVV possibly

Hefner always seemed more like a weirdo nerd than a scumbag.

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

Apparently this is a joint press conference with Romanian leader Klaus Iohannis. No doubt to talk about how to not get into crippling national debt.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

i wouldn't expect too many lols from the press conference, he only answered two questions at the last one he did and this won't be any different

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Today I learned that deposed has TWO meanings, one of which is related to the word deposition. How about that.

Optical Inch
Oct 26, 2002

Soiled Meat

SlipkPIe posted:

"Trump doesn't matter, it was never about Trump -- it's about the war against the liberal MSM, the fake news, and the establishment!"

This right here is why all my lols are tempered by an almost malign sense of dread - they will never admit that they're retarded. They will never realize that the world would be a much better place if it didn't have to go through the contortions of accommodating their broken egos. Best we can hope for is that they're forced back into their caves on the perimeter for a while. They always come back.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

M BISON YES.mpeg

the heat goes wrong
Dec 31, 2005
I´m watching you...

Random Stranger posted:

"There's some people I know... know very well these people. The best people. They can't get loans no more. Have to go get their loans in other countries. This is why the Russian banking industry is killing American banking jobs."

Fifty percent of that was his actual response to this before.

Congratulations! You guessed correctly!
Please collect your :hmbol: at the front desk.

"Donald Jennifer Trump" posted:

“We will be cutting a lot out of Dodd-Frank, because frankly I have so many people, friends of mine, that have nice businesses and they can’t borrow money,” he continued, “They just can’t get any money because the banks just won’t let them borrow because of the rules and regulations.”

Choco Zulu
Oct 10, 2007

A critical mass of chocolate confectionary
Will there be a stream of the conference? Not near a tv and NPR isn't carrying it. TIA

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

mono posted:

Apparently this is a joint press conference with Romanian leader Klaus Iohannis. No doubt to talk about how to not get into crippling national debt.

Iohannis was part of the organised drive in Romania to stamp out corruption (which was exceedingly successful, I might add, and saw tons of high-ranking politicians of the old guard wander into prison), and he's an active part of the resistance against "his" prime minister who's trying to massively weaken the anti-corruption agency and bring back the old times of permanent golden handshakes. Trump is probably literally unable to comprehend such a thing, lol

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Choco Zulu posted:

Will there be a stream of the conference? Not near a tv and NPR isn't carrying it. TIA

CNN usually carries them

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

I'd guess this has something to do with Comey's testimony at the private session after the public one.

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

Choco Zulu posted:

Looks like CSPAN will have it

System Metternich posted:

Iohannis was part of the organised drive in Romania to stamp out corruption (which was exceedingly successful, I might add, and saw tons of high-ranking politicians of the old guard wander into prison), and he's an active part of the resistance against "his" prime minister who's trying to massively weaken the anti-corruption agency and bring back the old times of permanent golden handshakes. Trump is probably literally unable to comprehend such a thing, lol

Admittedly I have no knowledge of the guy but I did some googling and he does sound like the opposite of Dolan Troomp

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

NotWearingPants posted:

I'd guess this has something to do with Comey's testimony at the private session after the public one.

Probably, but Comey directly calling the president a liar begs for the president to have an opportunity to defend himself under oath, too. No?

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Choco Zulu posted:

I just searched "news" on the YouTube app of my iPhone and got a bunch of live ccn and cbs streams

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Efexeye posted:

i wouldn't expect too many lols from the press conference, he only answered two questions at the last one he did and this won't be any different

Aren't they ignoring the (((MSM))) press corps that are physically present to pipe in and answer Skyped softball questions from journalists representing freedomeagle.fourteenwords.com or whatever now?

(((lol)))

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

BRISTOL PALINS BABY posted:

Probably, but Comey directly calling the president a liar begs for the president to have an opportunity to defend himself under oath, too. No?

Is that really a thing? Trump has been lying his entire life, through the campaign and throughout his presidency. If they fact check Huckabee Sander's statement that Trump is not a liar, no credible survey of his past utterances could return anything other than "false." Apart from the moronic 26%, are there people that don't consider Trump a liar?

I take Reed's statement as, "we heard some poo poo yesterday in the private session that Trump is going to need to deny or he's going to jail immediately." Of course I'm probably just projecting my own desires.

NotWearingPants fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Jun 9, 2017

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

The funniest and therefore best outcome is when the president of the USA perjures himself repeatedly and obviously if this happens, right? Or is there a funnier outcome I haven't considered yet?

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

The funniest and therefore best outcome is when the president of the USA perjures himself repeatedly and obviously if this happens, right? Or is there a funnier outcome I haven't considered yet?

I pray to whatever wacky Indian god with the most arms that Trump dismantles the FBI. That would be the funniest.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
If they put Trump before any kind of committee without a script or coaching of any kind he will literally dig himself into a hole so deep he'll be in GCHIEENAH.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
lol Pepe got banned from the Apple app store.

<crying_pepe.png>

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

lovely Wizard posted:

I pray to whatever wacky Indian god with the most arms that Trump dismantles the FBI. That would be the funniest.

Maybe they'll ask him to read something.

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

Dear lord he is terrible at reading and speaking

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

mono posted:

Dear lord he is terrible

a very large fish
Oct 18, 2012
jesus he reads like a dramatic 5th grader

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

Lol

"How can I be held responsible for yhis loving retard?!" The GOP cries

You dumb assholes, you voted for this loving retard

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

mono posted:

Dear lord he is terrible at reading and speaking

I accidentally switched the channel to Troumpet speaking and my 4 yo son called him a 'fartface' all by himself

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

*at next G7 meeting*

Hello

I am donald trump

i am 70 years old

i like pretty ladies

i like tacos

I like ketchup

thank you mom for letting me speak

*merkel shifts uncomfortably in seat*

gently caress!!!

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

I love that Iohannis can stand there and speak more legible English next to our president. What a time to be alive.

JaucheCharly posted:

I accidentally switched the channel to Troumpet speaking and my 4 yo son called him a 'fartface' all by himself

Very smart boy indeed

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Disgruntled (IT) Employee
Did Romania thank Trump for arranging the weather?

Multilake
Dec 11, 2016

If you're in a jam, a crayon scrunched under your nose makes a good pretend moustache.
The comey hearing lasted longer than 3 hours. Donald can't last 5 minutes (concentrating).

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
lol Trump actively planted somebody from the Washington Times to lob him an easy, softball question and the guy took forever to stand up.

"Dave. Dave. Dave?"

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

No, it's the part after that when Ryan and McCain and Droopy Dog turtleman scramble to explain how him perjuring himself is ok because he's not experienced with this stuff and didn't know he couldn't do that and what about Comey's lying and leaking and lying and HEY LOOK OVER THERE and then they all awkwardly climb underneath the table to hide from the press.

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Disgruntled (IT) Employee
Jobs, trade deficits, we want them to disappear fast.

Lol

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Trump under oath will literally be him reagan-ing it, quiet, staring into nowhere, either claiming he doesn't understand the question or pleading the 5th to everything

it'll be like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfaXILOSEf0

hopefully they can fool him into opening his mouth, easily done by just asking him about election results

Madcosby fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Jun 9, 2017

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

That response was grade a classic Trump. He went from denying allegations to talking about things that are bad that must be fixed to his EC victory :hmbol:

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
lol the press pool is shouting "ARE THERE TAPES SIR?"

poor Trump, the mean old press is trying to rip yesterdays huge victory from his tiny hands :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Tumble posted:

lol the press pool is shouting "ARE THERE TAPES SIR?"

"No tape! No tape! You're the piss tape!"

("Uhhh... we were asking about the meetings with Comey...")