Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
is motorcycling awesome
yes
hell yes
hell loving yes
View Results

Frazzbo
Feb 2, 2006

Thistle dubh
Here's a tip, not only for newbies, but us more seasoned riders as well: wheen you do finally outgrow your old lid, or you dinged it, don't just chuck it away: donate it to your local ambulance/first aid training station, where they can use it for teaching how to remove a helmet safely in the event of an accident.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

Frazzbo posted:

Here's a tip, not only for newbies, but us more seasoned riders as well: wheen you do finally outgrow your old lid, or you dinged it, don't just chuck it away: donate it to your local ambulance/first aid training station, where they can use it for teaching how to remove a helmet safely in the event of an accident.

Of course it differs all over depending on location but my recollection is that if the trauma patient is being immobilized the helmet usually stays on during pre-hospital treatment so long as it isnt obstructing an airway and is still fitted properly, though if there's anything that would prevent access such as a faceshield/protector/strap that will be removed.

Good on ya though, I don't think it would hurt to call a local company/service to see if they have any need for them :tipshat:

Last weekend, I discovered the wonder that is wearing ear plugs while riding now that I have a new bike that is more capable on the highway and also gets loud once warmed over proper (Arrow slip-on sans db killer). The benefits also go well beyond the hearing protection and noise reduction, you are able to focus so much better on the ride when you have all that white noise cut out. I've just been using generic disposable foam plugs that I grabbed a handful of to try but am now looking for a permanent to set wear at all times that would even more effective, any recommendations would be welcome.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
https://www.amazon.com/Worlds-Fines...0X57S9ZKMTDJQDK

I've been using these for over a year now and swear by them. The amount of noise they cut out over 3m foam is dramatic. Protip, don't fuss with them when inserting. Just jam em in your ear, since they don't have to go down the ear canal like foam. Super comfy and make your bike sound awesome.

Fratstar_Eatpuss
May 29, 2010

iiiiiiiits time for a story

Yesterday I finally got my hands on my first bike, a barely-used 2009 Ninja 250r. We got a great deal on this bike. My father rode it from the dealer to our house for me and I followed behind in my car. I was smiling ear-to-ear the whole way home. We pulled up to the house, I got out of my car as fast as I could and hopped on, helmets gloves and all. The riding position took a few moments to get used to; I hadn't rode a bike since my MSF Course and they gave us Kawasaki 250 Eliminator cruisers to ride. I started slow; I went around the block once, getting a feel for the bike and figuring out RPM's to shift at, finding the friction zone, stalling the bike one or two times along the way... It was bliss.

After about a half hour of riding around the block, doing U-Turns infront of my house, I got my first reality-check.

I go down the street from my house again, reach the stop sign at the end of the block, check for cars, make a U-turn back down towards my house. I start heading over to the left side of the road in front of my driveway to make a U-Turn, I don't check my mirrors. Fortunately, my father was in the driveway watching, as I start making the blind U-turn he immediately yells "Watch out, WATCH OUT!" and I manage to stop in time, and pull my bike into the driveway as I look to what he was yelling about : Landscaping truck right behind me, I nearly turned right into it.

The moral of the story here is that I only had this bike for 2 hours, it was my very first time actually riding outside of a closed course, and I nearly had my very first accident in front of my god drat driveway. I was sick to my stomach, my father gave me a long-winded lecture about how he told me that I shouldn't ride, I should stick to dirt-bikes, etc... I couldn't even look at him. I just stared at the bike feeling some kind of indescribable mix of sickness and shame. It was a huge blow to my confidence as a learner but also a huge wake-up call. This is a loving dangerous hobby and you can never let your guard down.

I did ride again after that incident, and as I came around my first turn a kid in his driveway lost grips on his basketball and it bounced right across the street in front of my path, fortunately I was at a distance and speed that allowed me to stop well in advance, though I still skidded on the rear wheel a bit. I called it a day after that.

Not trying to discourage anyone looking to start riding. Just hope that you'll learn from my story. I was careless and made one mistake, and in motorcycling, that's all it takes. It hasn't discouraged me completely from riding but I look at it all in a whole different light.

a cute sea otter
Apr 24, 2017

I shall personally eat your entrails on my tummy!

King of the Beach posted:

I've just been using generic disposable foam plugs that I grabbed a handful of to try but am now looking for a permanent to set wear at all times that would even more effective, any recommendations would be welcome.

I rather like these 2-part silicone ones that you mix and then jam in your ear and let cure. I guess these? but there are a bunch of brands. I used to work in a recording studio and went through a whole trying-out-earplugs phase. The 'gummy' type (above) are fantastic at blocking sound but I found it hard to get a tight seal (heh) and they pick up dirt and earwax quickly and aren't easy to wash. I apparently have bizzaro ear canals that nothing will stay in though. The mold-yer-own type don't have the most attenuation and wear out after a few months of regular use but they're washable, easy to pop in, and cheap enough to stick a pair in every jacket in case I end up at a stupid loud bar or whatever.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Hawg11 posted:

Not trying to discourage anyone looking to start riding. Just hope that you'll learn from my story. I was careless and made one mistake, and in motorcycling, that's all it takes. It hasn't discouraged me completely from riding but I look at it all in a whole different light.

I made a few mistakes when I was learning on my little ninjer, some scarier than others. That's why it's best to learn on something without hairtrigger brakes and throttle that can forgive your clumsiness.

If you stick with it, you'll be as comfortable on a motorcycle as you may be in a car or on a bicycle. Sooner or later it will all click, and the safety stuff should come along with the rest.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
I mean as far as learner stories go that's pretty tame. As orbital says, things such as peripheral awareness and comfort increase as your familiarity with the controls and sensory signals the bike gives you become more recognizable.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Hawg11 posted:

I go down the street from my house again, reach the stop sign at the end of the block, check for cars, make a U-turn back down towards my house. I start heading over to the left side of the road in front of my driveway to make a U-Turn, I don't check my mirrors. Fortunately, my father was in the driveway watching, as I start making the blind U-turn he immediately yells "Watch out, WATCH OUT!" and I manage to stop in time, and pull my bike into the driveway as I look to what he was yelling about : Landscaping truck right behind me, I nearly turned right into it.

The moral of the story here is that I only had this bike for 2 hours, it was my very first time actually riding outside of a closed course, and I nearly had my very first accident in front of my god drat driveway. I was sick to my stomach, my father gave me a long-winded lecture about how he told me that I shouldn't ride, I should stick to dirt-bikes, etc... I couldn't even look at him. I just stared at the bike feeling some kind of indescribable mix of sickness and shame. It was a huge blow to my confidence as a learner but also a huge wake-up call. This is a loving dangerous hobby and you can never let your guard down.

I did ride again after that incident, and as I came around my first turn a kid in his driveway lost grips on his basketball and it bounced right across the street in front of my path, fortunately I was at a distance and speed that allowed me to stop well in advance, though I still skidded on the rear wheel a bit. I called it a day after that.

Eh, I *did* fall off my bike first in front of my own driveway. I had gotten the bike's engine running for the first time, had no idea how to tune carburetors, and was puttering around in circles on the street. The engine wasn't responding right so I was opening the throttle more and more, and then suddenly it belched and VRRRRRRRM and revved up and I shot forward and ran into the curb and dropped the bike. No damage but it was embarrassing.

Your dad was maybe a little harsh to say "you shouldn't ride" but he was right that you need to keep your eyes open. Doing an unplanned U-turn without looking behind you is a dumb move regardless of what vehicle you're in; the difference is that in a car you might get in an accident, but on a bike you might get killed. It's good to have these wake-up calls early, though, so that you get that awareness of how vigilant you must always be.

When I started to ride, my dad told me to talk to his best friend, who has been riding motorcycles since like 1960 and had never had a serious accident. He's an extraordinarily conscientious and thoughtful person who plans everything to a T, and I think that's probably a major part of why he's stayed safe all these years. He told me "ride like you're invisible, but not invincible" and that really stuck with me -- especially the invisibility part. Always, always, always ride as if the people around you have no idea you're there. You can't expect anyone to stop for you, to wait for you, to keep out of your lane -- it's your responsibility to put yourself in a safe position, and leave yourself plenty of room to escape if something goes wrong. When I'm riding in the city, I am constantly watching side streets for car noses poking out, paying attention to wheel angles and drivers' eyelines to hint at which way a car is about to go, interpreting cars' behavior as they drive down the road to predict when they're about to make a stupid move. After a while many motorcyclists develop a sort of sixth-sense for this sort of thing. There have been many instances where I've just gotten a sense that "yeah, this car is not safe, stay back" and then ten seconds later they rip across four lanes without signaling.

(Note that this assumes the primary danger on the road is cars, which I firmly believe to be true. I'm much more comfortable on a twisty road on the edge of a cliff that's empty, than on a straight, wide road in the middle of the city that's packed with other vehicles.)

Anyway, yeah, lots of stuff to learn, everyone has a few good scares right at the beginning, it's part of the process. Keep your eyes open and your head on a swivel and don't assume anything.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
Also I just read this article on Jalopnik or somewhere about never riding (driving) next to a semi truck (18-wheeler, Road Train, whatever you people around this flat earth call them) because of tire blowouts and sudden swerves, etc. Also tire blowout Youtubes are terrifying.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
One of my riding buds used to be a truck driver, and she refuses to ride beside a truck. She always shoots around them and gets well ahead. After she explained how little drivers look/can see riders, as well as things flying off, I now never ride next to semis.

Hawg11 posted:

riding blind

Always shoulder check. Always. Even if your mirrors are clear. I never even check my mirrors anymore, because a shoulder check is faster and safer.

Don't let this get you down. Learn from it, ATGATT, and keep riding. Few riders are crashless, and I've made plenty of newbie mistakes and ate it (even recently...).

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
This is all good advice, but I think it's important too that you realize that you have limited attention. When you start, you're spending the vast majority of your attention on things like "wtf, why is my gas pedal suddenly a brake and how come twisting my wrist is the gas and also there's a brake on that hand and which one do I use?" Just keep practicing in a safe place and soon enough all those things will become second nature and you can spend your attention on avoiding other cars and doing wheelies for kids. Also, you know, taking the advice folks are giving.

Your dad is just scared because he loves you.

pokie
Apr 27, 2008

IT HAPPENED!

Last weekend, I discovered the wonder that is wearing ear plugs while riding now that I have a new bike that is more capable on the highway and also gets loud once warmed over proper (Arrow slip-on sans db killer). The benefits also go well beyond the hearing protection and noise reduction, you are able to focus so much better on the ride when you have all that white noise cut out. I've just been using generic disposable foam plugs that I grabbed a handful of to try but am now looking for a permanent to set wear at all times that would even more effective, any recommendations would be welcome.

http://www.earplugstore.com/westone-motorcycle-4rt.html

I have these. They are expensive, and not that different from foam ones on a quiet bike. On my sumo though they make a significant difference. Also easier and faster to take in and out.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
I use surefire ep7 earplugs for shorter rides (under 2 hours) and nonoise plugs for longer rides. I find the surefires fit way better and are more comfortable in the short term but after a while they start to hurt my ear canals. The nonoise plugs aren't as good, mainly cause they fit like poo poo but they don't hurt so I would rather wear them on long rides when I don't stop.

Keket
Apr 18, 2009

Mhmm

Coydog posted:

Always shoulder check. Always. Even if your mirrors are clear. I never even check my mirrors anymore, because a shoulder check is faster and safer.

Parroting this forever.

Go out and practice shoulder checks going up and down the street, look as far back as you can and get yourself into the habit of doing them as much as possible whilst keeping in control.

Don't let this knock you mate, get out there and have fun duder :)

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

pokie posted:

http://www.earplugstore.com/westone-motorcycle-4rt.html

I have these. They are expensive, and not that different from foam ones on a quiet bike. On my sumo though they make a significant difference. Also easier and faster to take in and out.

Thank you! I ended up ordering the first set posted that was on Amazon as it was eligible for Prime shipping but I'm definitely gonna bookmark those as well in case I end up not likely what I got or just want a spare pair to have handy. I'm sure both are far better than the basic pink and green foam ones of course, which obviously help but are certainly far from ideal as I did about 5 hours worth of riding immediately after leaving work last night and noticed a bit of ringing in my ears when I finally called it a night and got home. Plus, I'm guessing constantly jamming cheap pieces of foam into your ear canals isn't really something you want to be doing all the time when you don't have to be (though obviously far better than nothing at all).

Regarding the slight tinnitus after last night it did begin to cross my mind that perhaps my bike is a bit too loud once it's nice and warmed over ('17 SV650 with an Arrow competition grade silencer sans DB-killer on the stock piping with catalyst), but I'm pretty sure the primary cause of that is the fact that I've been doing a lot more highway riding and dual sport style helmets certainly aren't exactly designed with peace and quiet in mind. I've asked others including my septuagenarian dad (who is not exactly a fan of loud bikes to begin with, especially stereotypical obnoxiously loud Harleys/cruisers) if he believes it's too loud for everyday riding in public and he says it's perfectly fine and sounds amazing - and also much better with the baffle removed.

I guess we'll see what they have to say at the inspection station tomorrow, thankfully the person who will likely be taking care of that for me is an old friend of my brother so I really don't expect any ball-busting though I seem to recall something about MA state law regarding motorcycle exhausts becoming kind of draconian in recent years so perhaps I'll bring along a nice little incentive in my pocket if additional leverage is required. :420:

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Wind noise is probably a bigger contributor to motorbike-induced hearing loss and tinnitus. I've got it horribly and have a very quiet bike.

Experiment with different plugs though. Those ones coydog posted are very effective if a little messy.

theKGEntleman
Sep 17, 2004
song2
After researching a ton I'll be attending a MSF course this weekend and taking my written DMV exam on Monday. I kept reading that I should buy a starter bike over and over and over and over. I told myself screw it, I was going to buy new and hop straight on a 2017 Triumph Bonneville Street Twin. But, after I read through this thread I've reconsidered... Bummer.

So, I'm looking at the Kawasaki Ninja 250. I've posted a few links below as well if anyone has thoughts about it. I hope to get either out the door at $2500.

https://sandiego.craigslist.org/esd/mcy/6132452644.html
https://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/mcd/6125932688.html

My wife and I relocated to San Diego last year and I don't really have a large group of friends here, much less anyone who rides. So, I'm looking for some help, or if anyone in the Southern California area wants to take me under their wing, that's be awesome too.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

theKGEntleman posted:

After researching a ton I'll be attending a MSF course this weekend and taking my written DMV exam on Monday. I kept reading that I should buy a starter bike over and over and over and over. I told myself screw it, I was going to buy new and hop straight on a 2017 Triumph Bonneville Street Twin. But, after I read through this thread I've reconsidered... Bummer.

So, I'm looking at the Kawasaki Ninja 250. I've posted a few links below as well if anyone has thoughts about it. I hope to get either out the door at $2500.

My wife and I relocated to San Diego last year and I don't really have a large group of friends here, much less anyone who rides. So, I'm looking for some help, or if anyone in the Southern California area wants to take me under their wing, that's be awesome too.

get the black one so if you drop it the scratches are less apparent

then sell it in a year and get your bonnie. I would say get the bonnie now but yeah you don't really want to scratch it up if it's brand new. get the ninja and get acclimated to throwing it around and being smooth in corners and then sell it for 80%+ what you paid for it and then get the bike you want

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
Chances are slim that you'll be able to get either of those bikes out the door at a dealer for $2500, but it can't hurt to try. Do you need to finance, or can you buy cash? Also, how far are you will to go to get a bike? Not a ton turning up on CL in the San Diego area, but there's a lot more up around Orange County. I know that's a hike from where you are.

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

theKGEntleman posted:

Full disclosure:

I am that rear end in a top hat who still hasn't gotten a license after 3 years/10k miles worth of riding around with a recently renewed learner's permit...though my intention was to hold off on taking the road test until I got my second bike but unfortunately haven't had any available PTO to use for a day off to take a road test, however I will as of late next week, so the time has come - no more excuses it's time to quit screwing around and get on that poo poo for real.

Feel free to shame me, it will probably be beneficial and I'd rather get humiliated on the internet than inevitably busted for riding around freely in the middle of the night on a learner's permit and earn myself a moving violation with points or better yet a court summons and my bike impounded.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
Better late than never. And who knows, maybe you'll learn some stuff you didn't know. My MSF had a dude who'd been riding for years and he said he still learned some stuff like with low-speed tight turns.

theKGEntleman
Sep 17, 2004
song2

Jazzzzz posted:

Chances are slim that you'll be able to get either of those bikes out the door at a dealer for $2500, but it can't hurt to try. Do you need to finance, or can you buy cash? Also, how far are you will to go to get a bike? Not a ton turning up on CL in the San Diego area, but there's a lot more up around Orange County. I know that's a hike from where you are.

Yea, I'll give it a try. But, if that's what they're worth, I'll pay it.

I have cash to pay it off.

I'd be willing to go up there, just depends on the deal and if it makes sense.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Full disclosure:

I am that rear end in a top hat who still hasn't gotten a license after 3 years/10k miles worth of riding around with a recently renewed learner's permit...though my intention was to hold off on taking the road test until I got my second bike but unfortunately haven't had any available PTO to use for a day off to take a road test, however I will as of late next week, so the time has come - no more excuses it's time to quit screwing around and get on that poo poo for real.

Feel free to shame me, it will probably be beneficial and I'd rather get humiliated on the internet than inevitably busted for riding around freely in the middle of the night on a learner's permit and earn myself a moving violation with points or better yet a court summons and my bike impounded.

My MSF course was at least half middle-aged blue collar dudes who rolled in on Harleys who said poo poo like "jap crap" and "they ought to teach this class on 'MURICAN bikes", I poo poo you not. The kind of guys who were convinced wearing a helmet would just break your neck if you got into an accident, using the front brake would throw you over the handlebars, etc.

They'd all been renewing their learner's permits for at least 3 years because they couldn't pass the practical exam. By the end of the second day of riding they had all obviously learned something, and they all passed the test. The instructors gave the one who'd been riding the longest - he also happened to be the one that bitched the loudest about our Nighthawks not being Harleys - a pretty good ribbing after everyone in the class scored better than him, including the 18-year old Asian lady that'd never been on a bike who got the class's only perfect score.

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

Jazzzzz posted:

My MSF course was at least half middle-aged blue collar dudes who rolled in on Harleys who said poo poo like "jap crap" and "they ought to teach this class on 'MURICAN bikes", I poo poo you not. The kind of guys who were convinced wearing a helmet would just break your neck if you got into an accident, using the front brake would throw you over the handlebars, etc.

They'd all been renewing their learner's permits for at least 3 years because they couldn't pass the practical exam. By the end of the second day of riding they had all obviously learned something, and they all passed the test. The instructors gave the one who'd been riding the longest - he also happened to be the one that bitched the loudest about our Nighthawks not being Harleys - a pretty good ribbing after everyone in the class scored better than him, including the 18-year old Asian lady that'd never been on a bike who got the class's only perfect score.

Yet another excellent reason to be wearing ear plugs.

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES! "Gets merged into by a minivan regardless"

theKGEntleman
Sep 17, 2004
song2
Okay, so, completed, passed and loving loved the MSF class. I now just need to pass the written portion to get my endorsement. I've considered the ninja 250 and cbr 250 for my starting bikes, but I'm​ really digging the one below. It's around the price I'm looking anyways. If the rebuild is legit does anyone have a concern about this as being a starter bike?

https://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/mcy/6168723779.html

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

As someone whose first bike was the Honda 350 that competed with that KZ400 when it was new:

Nothing wrong with that as a first bike, assuming the rebuild was done correctly. It would be a shame to drop it and ruin the paint, but the power and weight are about right. It's got old-fashioned brakes and suspension that are inferior to modern equivalents, but they won't be massively worse than what's on a Ninja 250. A bike that old is going to go out of tune more quickly than something newer, though if the work has been done as described, nothing should need maintenance immediately. The description is notably missing any discussion of the ignition system -- I don't know if the KZ400 has points or an electronic system, but if it's the former that will be a pain in the rear end from time to time. Pipe wrap may be covering up rust. The white seat is a stupid choice cause it's gonna look gross quickly. That guy also has no idea what a cafe racer is.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

theKGEntleman posted:

Okay, so, completed, passed and loving loved the MSF class. I now just need to pass the written portion to get my endorsement. I've considered the ninja 250 and cbr 250 for my starting bikes, but I'm​ really digging the one below. It's around the price I'm looking anyways. If the rebuild is legit does anyone have a concern about this as being a starter bike?

https://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/mcy/6168723779.html

Are you getting into bikes with the intent to work on them as much as you ride?

theKGEntleman
Sep 17, 2004
song2

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

Are you getting into bikes with the intent to work on them as much as you ride?

That wasn't the idea, I'm not really that mechanically savvy, or intend to be. Just enough for proper checklists and easy maintenance stuff at home.

theKGEntleman
Sep 17, 2004
song2

Sagebrush posted:

As someone whose first bike was the Honda 350 that competed with that KZ400 when it was new:

Nothing wrong with that as a first bike, assuming the rebuild was done correctly. It would be a shame to drop it and ruin the paint, but the power and weight are about right. It's got old-fashioned brakes and suspension that are inferior to modern equivalents, but they won't be massively worse than what's on a Ninja 250. A bike that old is going to go out of tune more quickly than something newer, though if the work has been done as described, nothing should need maintenance immediately. The description is notably missing any discussion of the ignition system -- I don't know if the KZ400 has points or an electronic system, but if it's the former that will be a pain in the rear end from time to time. Pipe wrap may be covering up rust. The white seat is a stupid choice cause it's gonna look gross quickly. That guy also has no idea what a cafe racer is.

Understood... And that's exactly why I asked the question. I knew there would be stuff I'd overlook. Appreciate the thoroughness.

I don't really want to be worrying too much if the bike is gonna start in the morning. Or, have maintenance issues so quickly because I'm not that familiar with what I'm looking at. I definitely need to get more educated.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Just get a ninja 250.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

It could be fine, or it might not be. My 350 starts on the first kick every time, except when it doesn't. Realistically, that bike appears to be in decent shape -- certainly better than the average bucket of parts "cafe racer" on Craigslist. But it's still a forty-year-old motor vehicle with everything that entails.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

It could be fine, or it might not be. My 350 starts on the first kick every time, except when it doesn't. Realistically, that bike appears to be in decent shape -- certainly better than the average bucket of parts "cafe racer" on Craigslist. But it's still a forty-year-old motor vehicle with everything that entails.

Just get a ninja 250.

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe

Slavvy posted:

Just get a ninja 250. fuel injected ninja 300.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Did you guys not get an efi 250?

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

theKGEntleman posted:

That wasn't the idea, I'm not really that mechanically savvy, or intend to be. Just enough for proper checklists and easy maintenance stuff at home.

Like Sagebrush, I got an old bike for my first one. Like you, I wanted to ride more than wrench. After a couple years I sold that fucker and got a bike I didn't have to work on and wasn't afraid to leave town with and was much happier.

Ninja 250, 300, or 500 would be reasonable. Small dual sports like a KLR or KLX 250, XT225 or 250 would be good as well.

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

Dissent:

Get a Honda XL250 dual-sport.

also, those Amazon earplugs work great though I wasn't expecting to be shoving pieces of Play-Doh in my ears. I think I'll order another set and then try one of the others posted as I'm sure they will get gross or dropped on the ground in due time.

Impkins Patootie fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Jun 12, 2017

Dutymode
Dec 31, 2008
Nope!

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Slavvy posted:

Did you guys not get an efi 250?

Negative, it's carbs all the way down in the US and Canada markets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theKGEntleman
Sep 17, 2004
song2
Have my endorsement test Monday, so I'm trying to lock down a bike. Thoughts on the one below? I was happy seeing abs listed.

https://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/mcy/6178248370.html