Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Loqieu
Feb 27, 2001

Sounds like no update on Ryan Ellis. Even if he's healthy I'm going to guess they'll make it a game time decision for Sunday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

ElwoodCuse posted:

Why is Game 6 not Saturday? I mean an extra day is great for a beat-up Pens team but that's weird.

Pro-Penguins conspiracy, obviously.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

ElwoodCuse posted:

Why is Game 6 not Saturday? I mean an extra day is great for a beat-up Pens team but that's weird.

always 1 day of rest when you go between conferences. Just looks weird here since Nashville and Pittsburgh are so close.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
Flying into Nashville airport currently, and well, I guess I expect thurfir to pick me up.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I couldn't watch the game any more after the fifth goal. Even if the Preds win Sunday, I have little confidence that they will win game 7. But they could still pull off a miracle I guess?

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

bizarre deformity posted:

I couldn't watch the game any more after the fifth goal. Even if the Preds win Sunday, I have little confidence that they will win game 7. But they could still pull off a miracle I guess?

*narrator voice* they can't

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

bizarre deformity posted:

FWIW this is how every Penguins fan felt after game 5 of the 2009 Finals

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
Last year the pens lost game five and won six and seven against the valiant and handsome tampa bay lightning through shear luck and indomitable cheating

Also, absolutely lmao at Crosby being all indignant about the "UFC leg lock" that subban had on him. I mean, if anything was UFC-Esque. Maybe it was the multiple punches to the head? Mayhaps?

Wonderllama fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Jun 9, 2017

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Wonderllama posted:

Last year the pens lost game five and won six and seven against the valiant and handsome tampa bay lightning through shear luck and indomitable cheating

Also, absolutely lmao at Crosby being all indignant about the "UFC leg lock" that subban had on him. I mean, if anything was UFC-Esque. Maybe it was the multiple punches to the head? Mayhaps?

Crosby gets constantly abused every game and usually does nothing. I'm glad he slapped Subban around.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Wonderllama posted:

Nobody in UFC goes for leg holds anymore Crosby you stupid moron. You idiot.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
ron hainsey is a latter day joshua lawrence chamberlain crushing the hopes of southern insurrectionists with a mix of elan and dumb luck

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Of course I want the Preds to win but I really wouldn't mind if the Penguins do either. They play an entertaining brand of hockey and I find it hard to hate them any more, but maybe I should try harder.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Mind_Taker posted:

Of course I want the Preds to win but I really wouldn't mind if the Penguins do either. They play an entertaining brand of hockey and I find it hard to hate them any more, but maybe I should try harder.

Yeah same here. They play a fun style and I would love to see Crosby and Malkin solidify their reputations with three Stanley Cups and two back to back. At this point I'm just rooting for our first Stanley Cup Final Game 7 in six years.

Plus Sid is going to win his 2nd Conn Smythe and that's pretty cool.

ThinkTank fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Jun 9, 2017

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

ThinkTank posted:

Yeah same here. They play a fun style and I would love to see Crosby and Malkin solidify their reputations with three Stanley Cups and two back to back. At this point I'm just rooting for our first Stanley Cup Final Game 7 in six years.

Plus Sid is going to win his 2nd Conn Smythe and that's pretty cool.

Guentzel should win the Conn Smythe

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Wonderllama posted:

*thinks that Crosby deserved a major, a misconduct, and a suspension for gently caressing subban's face*

*is a bandwagon preds fan*

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
we're like 6 years from Crosby getting CTE and overdosing on pills anyway, so just let him enjoy the moment imo

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
Bring the Stanley Cup to Tennessee
That would mean the world to fans like me
We'd all stand and cheer
Toast it with a beer

(bring it on now)

That would mean the world to fans like me
We'd all stand and cheer
Toast it with a beer

(bring it on now)

*guitar solo*

If I had one wish
I'd take this catfish
Set it by the Stanley Cup
In Tennessee

Tennessee
(Tennessee)
Tennessee
(Tennessee)

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

pff they can't even sell out an eighty-foot strip of highway, clearly not a hockey market

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It probably started out full, then once they realized it's impossible win a game in the pens' home they all left to go mudding or listen to country music or whatever they do down there that isn't hockey.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

NBC needs to replace the announcers with whoever runs their twitter feed

https://twitter.com/NHLonNBCSports/status/873011289135742978

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Hey guys, I can't stop thinking about James Neal leaving his feet to sandwich and crush a Pens defenseman with Mr Carrie Underwood, getting deked, the watching Ron loving Hainsey go coast to coast on 'em.

It's still the funniest thing of the SCF

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

*thinks that Crosby deserved a major, a misconduct, and a suspension for gently caressing subban's face*

You don't have to write it like the word filter.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
I went from "oh look hainsey is about to turn the puck over again" to :stare:

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Jamwad Hilder posted:

we're like 6 years from Crosby getting CTE and overdosing on pills anyway, so just let him enjoy the moment imo

:smith:

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

sportsgenius86 posted:

Absolutely not.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

I caught that last night... why didn't you guys bring tugboat?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

sportsgenius86 posted:

Honestly, I think he should too. The dude had an amazing playoffs.

Of course, barring Rinne channeling god mode for the next two games.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Hey guys, I can't stop thinking about James Neal leaving his feet to sandwich and crush a Pens defenseman with Mr Carrie Underwood, getting deked, the watching Ron loving Hainsey go coast to coast on 'em.

It's still the funniest thing of the SCF

A thing of great beauty https://twitter.com/myregularface/status/872994944948080640

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/NHLPlayerSafety/status/873214674296340483

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Mind_Taker posted:

I have nothing against the Pens either, I'd just like to see new champs.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

iospace posted:

Honestly, I think he should too. The dude had an amazing playoffs.

Of course, barring Rinne channeling god mode for the next two games.

Malkin has more points and Crosby has more impact on the game

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Guentzel is awesome and him winning the Conn Smythe would be a great story but he is in no way deserving of it. Even if he gets a hat trick next game or something crazy like that. Crosby or Malkin in a toss up (that goes to the consistent Canadian rather than the enigmatic Russia).

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.

Jordan7hm posted:

Guentzel is awesome and him winning the Conn Smythe would be a great story but he is in no way deserving of it.

This. It should probably be Malkin for leading the playoffs in both points and PIMs.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Just literally reward cheating.

Loqieu
Feb 27, 2001

Once Crosby blew between both defenders less than a minute into last night's game, drawing a penalty which they scored on, he sealed the Conn Smythe for himself. Only chance someone else wins is if Rinne wins game 6 and 7.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, again, right now I really hate the Penguins, but Crosby should be the Conn Smythe winner.

My list regardless of who wins:
-Crosby
-Erik Karlson
-Malkin
-For the Preds, before last night I would have put Josi.
-Guenzel

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Kessel was robbed last year and I hope he scores a hat trick in game 6 and somehow gets his do-over Conn Smythe right from under Crosby

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Kessel is awesome and was a great story last year, but there is not a single solitary Penguins fan, player, coach or employee in the world who would rather do without Crosby than without Kessel for five minutes, five games or five months.

If you think the Smythe should be awarded based on narratives that's cool, but Malkin is the only Penguin who ever gets anywhere near Crosby's level, and even he doesn't bring it with the shift to shift consistency Crosby does. And Crosby's defensive contributions continue to be gargtantually overlooked.

Thanks for having me, I'll hang up and listen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juvi
Apr 8, 2003

I AM DOG.
The list for Conn Smyth should be Malkin or Crosby. Guentzel has been great but Sid has been a force through most of the Playoffs and Geno has led in points since game 1.

I guess Rinne would get it if Nashville wins but being pulled twice in the finals probably doesn't sit well with voters.

• Locked thread