Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

hello my loving fellow teens

edit: wrong thread but leavin' it

It's not actually any less relevant to the current conversation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Happy sex number day everyone

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

09 06 17

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

babypolis posted:

thats what makes it worse

It was really funny how when Wendy's was laying off employees and replacing them with automated kiosks all the internet cared about was sexualizing their mascot because of Funny Marketing Tweets.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Guy Mann posted:

It was really funny how when Wendy's was laying off employees and replacing them with automated kiosks all the internet cared about was sexualizing their mascot because of Funny Marketing Tweets.

https://twitter.com/kirashandfetish/status/857817020037038081

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

:jackbud:

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

in the good games they say wark. in the bad games they say kweh :twisted:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Mak0rz posted:

in the good games they say wark. in the bad games they say kweh :twisted:

This is a kweh-stionable post at best. All the old games were updated to "kweh" anyways, so I'm not sure you premise warks on the face it.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)

Real hurthling! posted:

Guilty gear team making a dragon ball z marvel style fighter.

My scouter just broke calculating the power level

I'm so glad they're using the Xrd style for licensed games now and a Persona 5 Arena looking like that is an actual possibility.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Nina posted:

I'm so glad they're using the Xrd style for licensed games now and a Persona 5 Arena looking like that is an actual possibility.

Be still my heart

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I wish they'd use that style for something not a fighting game because I've banned myself from buying any more.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Man I wish I had the desire to learn how to actually play and enjoy fighting games; they look so cool

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Fighting games are easiest to get into if you don't have a particularly high opinion of your gaming skills and are already well-accustomed to failure.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Hit buttons.

Caveat: One of the buttons sometimes has to be block

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I known how to play fighting games, I just don't yet still keep buying them.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I played exactly one fighting game for any real length of time from 2000 to May 2017.

I will have played three in June 2017, if you count ARMS as a fighting game

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

my brother is really into fighting games in the sense that he always buys the new ones and has a fight stick and he usually plays them for about a week before he forgets about them. i think his latest obsession is king of fighters on steam at some point.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Arc System should make a persona fighting game where they let me play as characters from persona 1 and 2 such as the longinus unit or hitler-in-sunglasses-armed-with-a-spear or a boy with a guitar or steven segal

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

They should make a fighting game that's just cats in poorly fitting armor and call it Soooul Cat-liburrrr

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Alternately, there was that neat thing arc system works did where they made a one piece 3DS fighting game that could play against another 3DS fighting game they made that starred dbz characters so you had cross-matches between both games and that was cool and it would be neat to see them be able to make more games to fit into that, like maybe a jojo game.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Holy drat, it's been years since I've seen this movie! Thank you

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Cowcaster posted:

my brother is really into fighting games in the sense that he always buys the new ones and has a fight stick and he usually plays them for about a week before he forgets about them. i think his latest obsession is king of fighters on steam at some point.

I am the same, but it's been Tekken 7 of late for me. I want to play GG and KoF but don't have the manual dexterity for it and am too old to develop it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Both gg and kof have characters that play with few button presses. Dont sell yourself short

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

The only fighting game I play is the Smash Brother, so I can beat up my favorite Nintendo mascots, and I don't think fighting game people think it;s a fighing game anyway? Also I am not good at it at all.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

my favorite fighting game is Puyo Puyo

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Bicyclops posted:

The only fighting game I play is the Smash Brother, so I can beat up my favorite Nintendo mascots, and I don't think fighting game people think it;s a fighing game anyway? Also I am not good at it at all.

They dont its true.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
As long as fighting games continue to make 'jump' 'up on the stick' I will probably continue not liking them.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

exquisite tea posted:

They should make a fighting game that's just cats in poorly fitting armor and call it Soooul Cat-liburrrr

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtF80UCgarY

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Soul Edge op is legit, sometimes I'd put the game on just to watch it.

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

FirstAidKite posted:

Arc System should make a persona fighting game where they let me play as characters from persona 1 and 2 such as the longinus unit or hitler-in-sunglasses-armed-with-a-spear or a boy with a guitar or steven segal

This sounds more like melty blood.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I absolutely love that one of the unlockables in Soul Calibur is the ability to customize the intro so you can just make it all lizardman.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
I hate that I'm too used to the airdashy dial-a-combo anime fighter to get into slower, more methodical stuff like Street Fighter. Mainly because the fighters I like usually have way smaller playerbases.

When's Skullgirls 2 :saddowns:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Nina posted:

I hate that I'm too used to the airdashy dial-a-combo anime fighter to get into slower, more methodical stuff like Street Fighter. Mainly because the fighters I like usually have way smaller playerbases.

When's Skullgirls 2 :saddowns:

I prefer airdashers to ground footsies games but its not the speed. I like when games have all kinds of weird systems that are just a blast to figure out playing some people in a discord and that comes more often with the anime

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

exquisite tea posted:

Mods ... ?!

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

da share z0ne would have won

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Fighting games are about the only genre I've tried playing a million times and just can't get into. I played SC2 on the GameCube a lot because of its dungeon mode but I only managed to get anywhere by spamming cheap moves (e.g. Talim's 1-2-3-vault combo or Link's anything). I dunno why, it just doesn't do anything for me. It's Mak0rz' One Inaccessible Game Genre.

Unless Smash counts, but that plays so very differently from what I consider "fighting games" so I dunno.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Smash has its own stable of crazy obsessive grognards who I think are widely regarded by other fighting game communities as the absolute worst

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I've just learned not to care how how other people play their video games but I don't play with Project M/tryhard players because they're not going to have any fun kicking me into the sky over and over again before I can move, nor will I have any fun while they concentrate intensely instead of getting drunk and laughing when some player accidentally walks Fox off the edge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I just don't play online with anybody

• Locked thread