Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Darth Nat
Aug 24, 2007

It all comes out right in the end.

Drain 001 posted:

I'm so tired of having a single Ronin teleport into me and two other titans and curbstomp all of us. You should not be invuln when performing an execution.

I wish they could change how executions work for Titan Brawl at least. I don't know what they'd do to fix it, but for an otherwise fun mode, it sucks how it devolves into the execution game. If you have a Ronin or two on your team, be prepared to never get any kills as they execute every Titan you've spent five minutes whittling down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Teabagging seems to have increased about 5000% in the last 2 weeks and I'm not sure why. Like, I've been playing since day 1 and was probably teabagged a total of 10 times since launch, until the last update and I'd say I get teabagged about 1 out of every 10 times I get killed now. Not sure what brought the mouth breathers out but here they are.

Darth Nat
Aug 24, 2007

It all comes out right in the end.
I've noticed that as well. In one of the least-warranted instances of teabagging ever, there was a kid on my team with a mic that sounded like he was about 13, and we were losing incredibly badly in Titan Brawl. He managed to get a kill, and started teabagging while shouting "YEEEEAAAAH CHECK OUT MY PRIME RONINNNNNNN"

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

People take it super personally, I have no idea why. I teabag all the drat time.

Like, what other victory dance do you think is at our disposal?

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
If it's a close game I am fine with it, but it is exclusively used in completely roll games where the enemy team happened to spawn on the rooftops over our friendly legions and got whittled down until the entire enemy team had a full titan stack and we were short two

not that this happened to me, multiple times

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Blind Duke posted:

If it's a close game I am fine with it, but it is exclusively used in completely roll games where the enemy team happened to spawn on the rooftops over our friendly legions and got whittled down until the entire enemy team had a full titan stack and we were short two

not that this happened to me, multiple times

When I bag it has nothing to do with the match, and everything to do with the previous 10 seconds of gameplay.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

People take it super personally, I have no idea why. I teabag all the drat time.

Like, what other victory dance do you think is at our disposal?

It's not bothersome but the uptick is baffling.

A good teabag should be earned though and some of these people's qualifiers are pretty questionable.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

E: Whoops double post.

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010
I think people just want to inject some personality into interactions with other people ingame and crouching up and down is basically the only gesture you can make besides spinning in circles I guess. This game needs a god drat thumbs up button.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

the best victory dance is in fact killing that same person again within the following minute,

and then you bag on em

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
Make the left directional button an emote.

I want the Destiny suave dance when I ravage Titans.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
tea bagging people is fun because they get really mad and fixated on getting revenge and you can kill them a lot, and sometimes they send you messages after the game where they scream obscenities at you

also one time a guy was teabagging me and he didn't realize I was calling a titan in, and the titan landed on him. the ultimate teabag.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Jamwad Hilder posted:

tea bagging people is fun because they get really mad and fixated on getting revenge and you can kill them a lot, and sometimes they send you messages after the game where they scream obscenities at you

also one time a guy was teabagging me and he didn't realize I was calling a titan in, and the titan landed on him. the ultimate teabag.

One time I teabagged a dude who promptly smoked me and my whole team, then persistently messaged me to ask why I teabagged him. I was pretty dismissive at first, but as my responses got more and more sarcastic the text chat turned into an actual discussion of different types of tea and tea straining devices. It was cool.

Dude didn't know what a tea ball was :mmmhmm:

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

So Monarch is tons of fun. Switched from 2nd Dash to Overcore for maximum pew pews.

Couple of questions:

-Does Energy Siphon get stronger as you charge it, or is it just a hold-to-delay like Ion's laser?

-If you go with Survival of the Fittest, does the battery you get when you pop your core count as being able to pull you out of Doomed?

What's the consensus on Monarch kits? Shield Amp doesn't seem that worth it; I usually waffle between Battery Thief and Rapid Re-arm. Survival of the Fittest seems way too situational.

Also, for tier 2 upgrades, anyone have good luck with Maelstrom or Energy Field? I usually just sick with R&R.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Kelp Me! posted:

So Monarch is tons of fun. Switched from 2nd Dash to Overcore for maximum pew pews.

Couple of questions:

-Does Energy Siphon get stronger as you charge it, or is it just a hold-to-delay like Ion's laser?

-If you go with Survival of the Fittest, does the battery you get when you pop your core count as being able to pull you out of Doomed?

What's the consensus on Monarch kits? Shield Amp doesn't seem that worth it; I usually waffle between Battery Thief and Rapid Re-arm. Survival of the Fittest seems way too situational.

Also, for tier 2 upgrades, anyone have good luck with Maelstrom or Energy Field? I usually just sick with R&R.

1. No, just delay

2. Almost positive Yes

3. Shield Amp is useless, Battery Thief is the best option followed by Rapid Rearm. Survival of the Fittest is niche, but maybe with good team play?

4. Maelstrom is the definite pick, though R&R is fun. If you're not using smoke often and always as Monarch you are doing something wrong. Maelstrom-smoke damage stacks; if you drop 3 of them at once you will literally melt any titan in spitting distance.

El Chingon
Oct 9, 2012
hey guys, I want to come back to play the game, how's the player base in PS4?

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

1. No, just delay

2. Almost positive Yes

3. Shield Amp is useless, Battery Thief is the best option followed by Rapid Rearm. Survival of the Fittest is niche, but maybe with good team play?

4. Maelstrom is the definite pick, though R&R is fun. If you're not using smoke often and always as Monarch you are doing something wrong. Maelstrom-smoke damage stacks; if you drop 3 of them at once you will literally melt any titan in spitting distance.

How do you drop 3? 1 smoke, Rearm, 2nd smoke, where's the 3rd?

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

El Chingon posted:

Not bad. I run into the same people a few matches in a row every once in a while, which can be good or bad I guess, but its easy to get into a match overall and the games are usually competitive. A lot of my friends are getting bored of the game though. I don't know if that's anecdotal or indicative of the playerbase as a whole.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

El Chingon posted:

Pretty healthy. You shouldn't have a problem finding an immediate game in nay mode.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Kelp Me! posted:

How do you drop 3? 1 smoke, Rearm, 2nd smoke, where's the 3rd?

Like this.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Oh neat, didn't realize Rearm gave you 2. I guess that means you could technically do 5 in a row, right? Smoke/Rearm/Smoke/Upgrade/Smoke/Smoke/Rearm/Smoke?

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Farewell, marble-dwellers!
I haven't played since January. Game is still awesome.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Playlist update: Relic 24/7 is now the featured playlist instead of Titan Brawl. Titan Brawl is not going away, but will instead be a permanent mode, and damage done will be tracked.

Some fun with melee. I can't quite believe I got that lock for the second melee.

https://giant.gfycat.com/SelfishUnsightlyDuck.mp4

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Kelp Me! posted:

Oh neat, didn't realize Rearm gave you 2. I guess that means you could technically do 5 in a row, right? Smoke/Rearm/Smoke/Upgrade/Smoke/Smoke/Rearm/Smoke?
The extra smoke was actually a bug that's already been fixed in the live version of the game: https://www.reddit.com/r/titanfall/comments/6g420w/game_update_going_live_today/

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

El Chingon posted:

Shouldn't really have much issue finding games. We have a ps messages chat thread some of use to coordinate

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
Just tried Maelstrom and it's pretty mehh? Maybe when you could regenerate smoke with r and r it was different.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
I have literally never once teabagged someone in a video game because I'm not a big fat loser.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I'm a big fat loser and I win all the time and drop my big fat sweaty loser balls all over your face and I never bathe

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Remember snailing in TLOU? lol

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

https://twitter.com/respawn/status/873326954983837697

TF1 system of having both an anti-titan weapon and a pistol might be returning if that image is right?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Godzilla07 posted:

TF1 system of having both an anti-titan weapon and a pistol might be returning if that image is right?

loving finally. :swoon: Respawn

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Godzilla07 posted:

As someone who uses the alternator, this is fun news. Even better news for people who want to use grenadier class weapons.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Godzilla07 posted:

It's a massive deal if it's true because it means grenadier and pistol weapons aren't complete dead weight.

I hope it's true and not just something for one game mode. :(

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Lemon-Lime posted:

It's a massive deal if it's true because it means grenadier and pistol weapons aren't complete dead weight.

I hope it's true and not just something for one game mode. :(

Well, it's obvious at this point that removing them as a sidearm was a concession for time, since the game balance of TF2 is quite a bit more complex than TF1.

So adding them back as standard means rebalancing them with respect to every other weapon.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Where are you guys seeing info in that tweet? All I see is some pics of people playing.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

veni veni veni posted:

Where are you guys seeing info in that tweet? All I see is some pics of people playing.

The computer screen has a loadout with all 3

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

veni veni veni posted:

One of the pictures shows the guys monitor, and he's got a pilot up with a main weapon, an anti-titan secondary, and a pistol

e I'm a pro

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Me irl

Inspector Hound fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Jun 10, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Ah, nice. Can't see poo poo on this 13" monitor.