Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

oddium posted:

the battle house tree stuff doesn't cheat except for like three illegal sets

they reroll pokemon and moves to counter yours and have impossible stats, especially once you get to the super matches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
has any other Pokémon game done what gold/silver did where once you beat the elite four you can go to the red/blue world and play through all of red/blue w ur team

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

bump_fn posted:

has any other Pokémon game done what gold/silver did where once you beat the elite four you can go to the red/blue world and play through all of red/blue w ur team

no and thats why gold will always be the best

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

extremebuff posted:

they reroll pokemon and moves to counter yours and have impossible stats, especially once you get to the super matches

all the trainers are preset and pull from a pool of monsters (which are also preset besides gender/ability) determined by their class. all the evs/ivs/moves/items/natures are fixed and no one has impossible stats. they might choose what monsters are best against yours but i don't think anyone's ever proved this over four gens

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

bump_fn posted:

no but they only did that because Iwata compressed the game so much they were able to stuff a postgame into the free space on the cart

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

iwata... eternal sleep

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Pokemon hasn't hooked me since Platinum. I played X last year and it was fine but there are way better RPGs to play on 3ds. Like 30 of them

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

oddium posted:

all the trainers are preset and pull from a pool of monsters (which are also preset besides gender/ability) determined by their class. all the evs/ivs/moves/items/natures are fixed and no one has impossible stats. they might choose what monsters are best against yours but i don't think anyone's ever proved this over four gens

oh thanks for this. well i AM salty cause i resorted to using a broken wideguard trick to get through it

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Pokemon hasn't hooked me since Platinum. I played X last year and it was fine but there are way better RPGs to play on 3ds. Like 30 of them

even as a pokemon liker x/y are kinda boring and forgettable

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

i think pokemon would be better with some core changes that make it a little deeper and not just oneshotting everything with whatever is supereffective until the postgame, that said i really enjoyed moon

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I think the games are fine tbh, they're for kids and continually bring new generations in. I just.. outgrew them..

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

extremebuff posted:

i think pokemon would be better with some core changes that make it a little deeper and not just oneshotting everything with whatever is supereffective until the postgame, that said i really enjoyed moon

This is moon with XP share turned off

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

megas should be variants like the aloha forms. i love collectv ariants

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

This is moon with XP share turned off

more boring grinding makes it worse, not better

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

extremebuff posted:

more boring grinding makes it worse, not better

Who said anything about grinding?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

Who said anything about grinding?

we got a badass here folks

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

my e4 team:

Pumprag
Jan 29, 2013

get this: procedurally generated pokemon

Potassium Problems
Sep 28, 2001

Pumprag posted:

get this: procedurally generated pokemon

No Mon's Sky

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Gym Leaders with a gimmick other than mono type teams and with teams of more than 2-3 pokes would go a long way. The environmental/weather effects would be a good place to start but I'm not sure there would be enough for 8 leaders plus Elite Four plus Champion with the mechanics we have at the moment. Really what I'd like to see in pokemon in general is having fewer trainer battles but making each one more meaningful, the problem is I don't really see a way to do that as the game stands at the moment.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They already got rid of gym leaders

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Plebian Parasite posted:

soul blazer trilogy

Epically Enix

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Sun n Moon were easy even without xp share but they were still real good and a breath of fresh air

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
3DS is getting a western release of the latest RPG maker .... i would have been all over that poo poo like 15 years ago . A separate RPG Player app will be free to download for everyone that let's you play the games people have made, which is cool

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

oh cool ever oasis is coming in two weeks

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

goferchan posted:

3DS is getting a western release of the latest RPG maker .... i would have been all over that poo poo like 15 years ago . A separate RPG Player app will be free to download for everyone that let's you play the games people have made, which is cool
This seems neat.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I would never use it because lmao at the idea of typing poo poo on a 3DS but it's cool anyway.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Pretty sure the RPG Maker stuff was announced during the last direct. It's pretty cool if I remember that user created content will be free to download so there will be an endless supply of content if you're into that sort of thing.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

I am TOTALLY into a constant stream of RPG maker rpgs that someone made on a handheld. Amazing content that never stops. bet theres gonna be some real gems

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The Laxius Power of 2018 will be bad loving rear end

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's kinda like giving people a Yaroze 3DS and letting them distribute their stuff online which is neat.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Remember that 3DS Basic a few years back, people made some insane poo poo with it like pixel-perfect recreations of Mega Man levels with accurate physics

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Pablo Gigante posted:

Remember that 3DS Basic a few years back, people made some insane poo poo with it like pixel-perfect recreations of Mega Man levels with accurate physics

Only registered members can see post attachments!

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
it's for the DSiWare version of Petit Computer, I've never played it because it requires you to scan like 250 QR codes

http://petitcomputer.wikia.com/wiki/MegaMan_2_PTC

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Plutonis posted:

The Laxius Power of 2018 will be bad loving rear end
lmao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've never experienced a more dramatic emotional roller coaster than "New 2D Metroid on 3DS this year" to "And it's developed by the team behind Lords of Shadow 1 and 2"

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

In Training posted:

I've never experienced a more dramatic emotional roller coaster than "New 2D Metroid on 3DS this year" to "And it's developed by the team behind Lords of Shadow 1 and 2"

oh what the gently caress

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

it looks reall good though, im not worried

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
where's the Retro game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010