Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Hammerstein posted:

Well, hello there....

+ ATK -DEF huh? Not too shabby, though the -DEF is bound to be annoying.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

Stephen9001 posted:

+ ATK -DEF huh? Not too shabby, though the -DEF is bound to be annoying.

True. But this will probably just hurt him in an engagement against reds, which he should steer clear off anyway.

I was happy about getting another Hector, but the actual star of this pulling session was someone else:

+SPD -RES, she can be turned into a Quadsuna clone, with -2 SPD but a whole +7 more ATK.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

I keep making just enough mistakes to get wiped on both lunatic maps. I can clear the Hard ones but for some reason it only gives out around 204 even with only 1 team loss. Meanwhile on the lunatic ones I get around 224 just for making it to the boss. Why do the hard maps give out so little even on the harder of the two? That score is with A spd / B survival and a bonus unit on hard.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
The biggest problem with this event is that it's just boring. It's not much different from just grinding the top tiers of the training tower for a few hours straight.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Nuebot posted:

The biggest problem with this event is that it's just boring. It's not much different from just grinding the top tiers of the training tower for a few hours straight.

Yep.

It''s interesting for about... 5K? Maybe a little further?

But then it's just doing the same poo poo over and over while hoping the RNG doesn't gently caress you over.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Nomadic Scholar posted:

I keep making just enough mistakes to get wiped on both lunatic maps. I can clear the Hard ones but for some reason it only gives out around 204 even with only 1 team loss. Meanwhile on the lunatic ones I get around 224 just for making it to the boss. Why do the hard maps give out so little even on the harder of the two? That score is with A spd / B survival and a bonus unit on hard.

From what I can tell, the scoring is 40 points per win in Lunatic, 20 points per win in Hard, and 10 in normal. I would say that the advantage in Lunatic is too much. They should simply make it 10/20/30 and then reduce the reward scores by at least 25% while reorganizing the prizes.

I'd also adjust it so that you can replenish your team's empty slots between battles.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I don't find it boring though maybe that'll change by the time the two weeks are up. The constant feeling that my team is running on fumes adds a lot to what would otherwise just be doing the tenth stratum 7 times in a row, imo

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

I'm burning out on it already and I barely hit 3k.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Nomadic Scholar posted:

The difficulty and map count multipliers compound something fierce.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

I'm having fun with tempest :shrug:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Basically, this game has fundamentally fun gameplay for me and the main reason just spamming the tower wasn't appealing to me was because it had no meaningful rewards

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Hammerstein posted:

True. But this will probably just hurt him in an engagement against reds, which he should steer clear off anyway.

I was happy about getting another Hector, but the actual star of this pulling session was someone else:

+SPD -RES, she can be turned into a Quadsuna clone, with -2 SPD but a whole +7 more ATK.

You pulled Hector and BCordelia at the same time???

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

cheetah7071 posted:

I don't find it boring though maybe that'll change by the time the two weeks are up. The constant feeling that my team is running on fumes adds a lot to what would otherwise just be doing the tenth stratum 7 times in a row, imo

I just dumped in a healer so I don't really feel the fume thing.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Philip Rivers posted:

You pulled Hector and BCordelia at the same time???

No, not in the same round. Actually I whaled a bit this evening.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

This would be a dozen times less frustrating if I didn't need to split my stamina between the trial and raising up a handful of mostly 5* units to make the tempest easier. Also if it felt like there was a chance in hell of getting the quickened pulse seal.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
This does seem like the first event where there isn't really a good consolation prize for people who haven't been playing for very long. If you don't have either a very very robust A team, or, preferably, a good A team and a good B team, you can just sort of get hosed. Fortunately IntSys has been pretty responsive to complaints so I fully expect the reward structure to be reworked next time tempest trials roll around.

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010
7500 points so far, if I keep this up I'll have the pulse seal by the end. Assuming I don't throw my phone out the window after two weeks of nothing but tempest, that is.

vvv I like it fine for now, my tune will probably change after nothing else for the entirety of the event.

AzureSkye fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Jun 10, 2017

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I find tempest fun, partly because I needed an excuse to use up my stamina other than training. I actually enjoy playing it when there's stuff to do.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Holy poo poo, I'm only just realizing how scrub tier I am.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
My pretty bad arena score of 4800 is comfortably sailing into tier 19. It looks like all the whales are in 19-20, so alternating 18 and 19 should be possible for any veteran

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I got my 4* Masked Marth, so I'm happy regardless. :toot: I appreciate that the Tempest Battles vomit so many Orbs at you. I'll be able to do another Summon either today or tomorrow depending on how lazy I feel. Maybe I can get a Real Lucina to go along with Not-Lucina!

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

My pretty bad arena score of 4800 is comfortably sailing into tier 19. It looks like all the whales are in 19-20, so alternating 18 and 19 should be possible for any veteran

I'm at the cusp's edge right now with 4774 (best I've ever gotten) so I'll probably end up dropping back to 17 instead. I think I'll probably have to hurry it up with Project NEEO (Nino Eirika Effie Olivia) to increase my score further.

Also, I used up the recent orbs I had just gotten and my 4% chance got reset because I pulled my third 5* Lyn. I KNEW I shouldn't have pulled that last red orb but it was only 3 orbs and I thought maybe I'll get a Cain.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

I'm only getting like 500 points per lunatic run, at best, and I fail a fair bit, but I have like 60 energy pots, so I'll probably manage it if I don't decide to punch myself in the dick until death rather than keep grinding.

Viscardus
Jun 1, 2011

Thus equipped by fortune, physique, and character, he was naturally indomitable, and subordinate to no one in the world.
My main problem with the Tempest stuff is that the last stage is always difficult enough that only my A or B team can beat it, which ends up meaning that there's not really any incentive to keep going further down my lineup if I can't do it with one of them. I get the logic of having a "boss" of sorts, but combined with the fact that they all come back if you wipe (albeit with reduced health) I feel like it detracts a bit from the point of it all.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

I got a 5* Jakob today....never - ever - summon outside of a banner focus.

GLAAD trash bags
Jan 4, 2015

Hammerstein posted:

I got a 5* Jakob today....never - ever - summon outside of a banner focus.

That's a free renewal 3 to put onto someone to make tempest easier my man.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Yeah I mashed a 5* Jakob (and Cain) pre-SI and I'm a little sad I don't have any Renewal 3s to give out. :shrug:

amaranthine
Aug 27, 2009
I AM A TERRIBLE HUMAN BEING
I'm really enjoying tempest so far (currently at 10,641) but I also have an atypically good bench of units due to my frankly kinda absurd pulling luck.

In related news, one of my worst slots was red tome, where my best unit was Leo - and I just got Tharja and Sanaki in the same pull :getin:

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
Managed to have a really horrible run where I screwed everything up and ended up reaching the 7th stage with my 3rd team which promptly wiped. Sitting there for 5 minutes trying to create the ultimate team to deal with the boss fight from the leftover crap in my box was surprisingly fun. Dusting off old units that I never use in order to get that one key win.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Wow, tempest is really hard. I can't even beat the the three fight version of Hard.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I'm probably going to give up after getting 4* marth. Because holy poo poo this is repetetive and not at all fun or interesting anymore. The main stages are just blitzed through depending on whether or not the game gives me poo poo maps filled with ranged units that can just hang back and tank everything thrown at them. Then the last one is basically just a diceroll whether or not you get some kind of insane perfect gently caress you roll of distant counter hector with 70+HP, distant counter and vantage or other bullshit that just lets them steamroll virtually anything. The number of times the last stage has thrown a nearly unbeatable hector/olwen combo at me has been frustrating. Then by the time I killed them I realized there was still a jeorge up top with the boss.

It's also just kind of bullshit that the enemies revive with only a tiny percentage of their HP taken off when you have to retry with a second team.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

I hate Veronica. She can go suck an egg.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

One of the last victories I had I only pulled off because I got to the last level with my first team and used the health percent loss to beat them with my fourth team, which is also my best team. Was on the easier of the two lunatics and I got less points than I likely would if I'd gotten to the last level on the harder lunatic and gave up.

I'm glad this made me bite the bullet and throw together a makeshift horse emblem team with Xander, Clarine, Ursula and Cecilia, the latter two having blade tomes. Gets poo poo done, but I generally need to hold off with it because if I want to kill Veronica I need to hit her with everyone but the healer in a single turn, even WITH the buffs I have Clarine holding.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

I think I'm going to make t20 :toot:

I haven't found Lunatic Tempest to be that stressful but that might be because it's actually still a bit easier than these carefully constructed whale arena teams

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Wow, tempest is really hard. I can't even beat the the three fight version of Hard.

I tried it with level 35 units and was surprised to see level 40s on the last map. Guess I shouldn't take the level recommendations too literally :v:

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Akett posted:

One of the last victories I had I only pulled off because I got to the last level with my first team and used the health percent loss to beat them with my fourth team, which is also my best team. Was on the easier of the two lunatics and I got less points than I likely would if I'd gotten to the last level on the harder lunatic and gave up.

I'm glad this made me bite the bullet and throw together a makeshift horse emblem team with Xander, Clarine, Ursula and Cecilia, the latter two having blade tomes. Gets poo poo done, but I generally need to hold off with it because if I want to kill Veronica I need to hit her with everyone but the healer in a single turn, even WITH the buffs I have Clarine holding.

I can only beat Veronica consistently if I ram fully buffed Nino in Desperation range at her. Mine is -atk and that green brick wall with dumb hair is the first enemy who has made me notice or care.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
So it looks like my current strategy is to make it to veronica on the hardest lunatic and give up, little difference IMO between the lunatics before the final stage and I get 330 points as opposed to 220.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Just realized that I have a 5 star Tharja I never leveled, because I loving hate Tharja, so I have a new snap project to make my initial team better. Hopefully that'll let me get my horse emblem team to the final map intact and oh wait it randomly fucks me anyway.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

NinjaDebugger posted:

Just realized that I have a 5 star Tharja I never leveled, because I loving hate Tharja, so I have a new snap project to make my initial team better. Hopefully that'll let me get my horse emblem team to the final map intact and oh wait it randomly fucks me anyway.

Feed her to your favorite red mage and show that gacha what you think of it giving you characters you hate!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

If I can get Tharja to the last stage at full health she can destroy Veronica, but so far I haven't had much success at it because I'm both lazy and bad at this game.

Most of the time Olivia kills her.

Also I only do the easier Lunatic because again, lazy and bad.