Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hifi
Jul 25, 2012

MrSargent posted:

Out of curiosity, I looked at CJ2K's career stats just to see how he compares to RBs that are potential HoFers. After looking at several players, and this is definitely some of the homer in me, but I can't get over just how incredible of a career Frank Gore has had in the NFL. He has 9 seasons of over 1k rushing yards, and his lowest yardage total was his Rookie year with 608 yards. His latest 1k+ season came last year, his 12TH SEASON in the league. Excluding his rookie year, he has had at least 200 rushing attempts in every year of his career which is a testament to his durability at a brutal position, while maintaining a career YPC of 4.4 over the span of nearly 3000 rushing attempts. Are there any other examples of a running back playing at this high of a level for over a decade?

yeah, him and steven jackson and meanwhile the cardinals were loving around with beanie wells and ryan williams

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
i don't know how recent you're going but i always looked at curtis martin like that

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Remember when the cowboys didn't draft Steven Jackson?

Lol

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Until he quit, like noted loser Calvin Johnson

Do you know what position Calvin Johnson played?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Grittybeard posted:

Designated Quitter.

loving Lions

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Ya'll say he quit. I'd say he escaped.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

MrSargent posted:

Out of curiosity, I looked at CJ2K's career stats just to see how he compares to RBs that are potential HoFers. After looking at several players, and this is definitely some of the homer in me, but I can't get over just how incredible of a career Frank Gore has had in the NFL. He has 9 seasons of over 1k rushing yards, and his lowest yardage total was his Rookie year with 608 yards. His latest 1k+ season came last year, his 12TH SEASON in the league. Excluding his rookie year, he has had at least 200 rushing attempts in every year of his career which is a testament to his durability at a brutal position, while maintaining a career YPC of 4.4 over the span of nearly 3000 rushing attempts. Are there any other examples of a running back playing at this high of a level for over a decade?

Steven Jackson has 8 1,000 yard seasons in a row.

efb

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
tom brady and julian edelman took a helicopter from practice to speak at a seminar held by scam artist and snake oil salesman Tony Robbins

http://mashup.weei.com/sports/2017/06/08/tom-bradys-appearance-at-tony-robbins-cheesy-wealth-summit-was-beneath-him

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
Steven Jackson, the last great St. Louis Ram :smith:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

FizFashizzle posted:

Remember when the cowboys didn't draft Randy Moss?

Lol

the mean lunch lady posted:

Maybe on the offensive side of the ball

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

more pills than years in the league. does he think this is going to get better?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Proud Christian Mom posted:

more pills than years in the league. does he think this is going to get better?

He's been in concussion protocol since Week 3 last season. That's around long enough that you have to seriously question if he thinks

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

MrLogan posted:

Steven Jackson has 8 1,000 yard seasons in a row.

efb

So did Tomlinson

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a neat cape posted:

So did Tomlinson

Curtis Martin had 10 in a row if somehow no one has mentioned him yet.

Jesus that hall of fame speech :stare:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Grittybeard posted:

Curtis "My Favorite" Martin was so good

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

the mean lunch lady posted:

Jeff Fischer.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Ehud posted:

Frank Gore is great.

Emmitt Smith was like that for a decade.

Oh and Barry Sanders was greater than both of them for a decade.

Both Smith and Sanders were absolute locks for the Hall of Fame and are in the conversation of top RB's of all time. From past conversations on these forums, the general feeling is that Gore is nowhere near a lock for the HoF like those guys were, despite having a body of work that is comparable (not equal but certainly comparable).

a neat cape posted:

So did Tomlinson

Unfortunately Gore got injured the season after posting his 4th consecutive 1k+ yard season. He only played 11 games, and still hit 850 yards. And then went on to post 4 more consecutive 1k+ yard seasons. This streak ended in his 1st year with the Colts (even though he still rushed for 967 yards) but last year he came back at the age of 33 to post another 1k yard season.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Grittybeard posted:

TBeats posted:

i don't know how recent you're going but i always looked at curtis martin like that

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

MrSargent posted:

Both Smith and Sanders were absolute locks for the Hall of Fame and are in the conversation of top RB's of all time. From past conversations on these forums, the general feeling is that Gore is nowhere near a lock for the HoF like those guys were, despite having a body of work that is comparable (not equal but certainly comparable).

Unfortunately Gore got injured the season after posting his 4th consecutive 1k+ yard season. He only played 11 games, and still hit 850 yards. And then went on to post 4 more consecutive 1k+ yard seasons. This streak ended in his 1st year with the Colts (even though he still rushed for 967 yards) but last year he came back at the age of 33 to post another 1k yard season.

I'm torn because I love Gore but I really don't want him to pass Tomlinson all time

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

a neat cape posted:

I'm torn because I love Gore but I really don't want him to pass Tomlinson all time

LDT's 2003 year where he had 100 catches and over 700 receiving yards, while AT THE SAME TIME posting 1645 rushing yards is the most :stare: thing I have seen.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

MrSargent posted:

Gore will probably pass Dickerson this year and has a really good shot at Tomlinson and Bettis if he stays healthy (which is always a big if with a 34 year old running back). That would get him into the top 5 all time for rushing. The only other guy not in the hall in the top 15 is Edgerrin James at 12, with a probable lock at 16 with AdP.

The argument against him is there was always someone else you could call the best running back in the league in any particular year, but it's hard for me to imagine a world where he doesn't make it eventually. Peterson is the only active player with any chance at all of catching him for career numbers in the near future too.

e: I guess I could see a world where McCoy catches up, but that'd be pretty incredible. The others closeish are Forte and CJ2K, Johnson is done and Forte would need to find the fountain of youth to make up a ~3600 yard difference.

My bad, reading is hard.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Jun 9, 2017

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

MrSargent posted:

LDT's 2003 year where he had 100 catches and over 700 receiving yards, while AT THE SAME TIME posting 1645 rushing yards is the most :stare: thing I have seen.

I still think LdT's 2003 is still more impressive than his 1800 yard 31 TD performance in 2006 just because of the lack of talent around him in 2003. He was the only weapon on the team, every opposing defense knew it, and he still put up those numbers.

Drew Brees was so loving bad that year that he got benched for a midget halfway through the season and Philip Rivers was drafted a few months later

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Grittybeard posted:

Third base, idiot.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

MrSargent posted:

Something something eye test

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

MrSargent posted:

Also he didn't make the pro bowl that year lol

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

a neat cape posted:

Also he didn't make the pro bowl that year lol

What?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Yeah, that was my reaction too at the time

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Jamaal Lewis went for 2000 that year, Priest Holmes broke the then TD record with 27 TDs. Clinton Portis was the backup who had a good year but I can't find a single thing he did better than Tomlinson.

There were a lot of good AFC running back years in 2003, but yeah LdT not being in there somewhere is a pretty ridiculous snub. SA2K hates Priest for this year but I think his real problem should be with Portis.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
That was the year Jamal Lewis ran for over 2000 yards. Even though LDT was by far the better player that's a milestone they're not gonna ignore in pro bowl selections. He should have probably made it over Portis though at least. That is really strange that Tomlinson was not in it.

Almost 500 yards of Jamal's total that year came against the Browns. He actually called that he was going to break the then-single game record record before the first meeting IIRC and sure enough he did.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Jun 9, 2017

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Grittybeard posted:

Jamaal Lewis went for 2000 that year, Priest Holmes broke the then TD record with 27 TDs. Clinton Portis was the backup who had a good year but I can't find a single thing he did better than Tomlinson.

There were a lot of good AFC running back years in 2003, but yeah LdT not being in there somewhere is a pretty ridiculous snub. SA2K hates Priest for this year but I think his real problem should be with Portis.

Denver Broncos: 10-6
San Diego Chargers: 4-12

That's the long and short of it, really.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
It's time bitches. Close your eyes Atlanta.

Nov 6, 2002

https://twitter.com/Patriots/status/873364549788815360

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

It's cool to be constantly vindicated so much by him

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

5 with the pats 2 with the giants, what are the other ones?

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

YAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

SLAY KING!!!!!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

BlindSite posted:

5 with the pats 2 with the giants, what are the other ones?

Looks like he's also wearing the two AFC Championship rings.

Nov 6, 2002

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
:swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

I would die for Tom Brady!!!

• Locked thread