Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
so i got the electric bill today

now i say the bill and not my bill because it wasn't my bill, it was the bill for the lady upstairs

and also the bills for forty other apartments in the complex

i have 40 people's bills

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

so i got the electric bill today

now i say the bill and not my bill because it wasn't my bill, it was the bill for the lady upstairs

and also the bills for forty other apartments in the complex

i have 40 people's bills

Congrats, looks like youre a subcontractor for the post office now

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

Congrats, looks like youre a subcontractor for the post office now

emailed, unfortunately, or id start billing the post office

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

LesterGroans posted:

I love that there's a whole deleted scene in The Raid 2 that's an action sequence most other movies would kill to use as a centrepiece

Not just that, but it basically functions completely as its own short film: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fs_Qhmiz40E

Like, poo poo, The Raid 2 - Deleted Scene 'Gang War' might be my favorite film in the entire Raid franchise.

Unrelated: Tonight's movie is The Resurrection of Gavin Stone https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMmCyA8jcSQ

I'm sure it'll be loving awful, but luckily I'm getting high as balls tonight.

K. Waste fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Jun 9, 2017

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
I haven't seen Raid 2, wasn't crazy about the first one and feel like it can't possibly live up to that extremely rad deleted scene.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Had a dream that i was reading this thread when someone posted that keith olbermann had killed himself and i was like really all the signs were there

I dreamt a girl I knew in high school was in Moise Theriault's cult.

If you don't know who that is, don't look into it unless you feel like learning some genuinely hosed up poo poo.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:

Anonymous Robot posted:

I haven't seen Raid 2, wasn't crazy about the first one and feel like it can't possibly live up to that extremely rad deleted scene.

You'd be wrong. The Raid 2 is better than the first, and might actually be more up your alley if you thought the first film - while pleasingly kinetic - was a little too abstract.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

glam rock hamhock posted:

I too really really love The Raid and really really wish I felt the same way about it's sequel.

Same, kinda. I still love the second one but I'm perfectly OK with saying that I prefer the first one because I adore it's focus and conciseness.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Grendels Dad posted:

Same, kinda. I still love the second one but I'm perfectly OK with saying that I prefer the first one because I adore it's focus and conciseness.

Nothing wrong with a sequel being a bigger sloppier version of the original. It's better than Teen Wolf 2ing it.

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
Raid 2 is absolutely not sloppy, it's the most meticulously shot ultraviolence you'll ever see.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
y'all making me want to watch Raid 2 again

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:

MacheteZombie posted:

y'all making me want to watch Raid 2 again

good

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Anyone see the mummy yet?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I think my problem was that as much as I loved the original Raid, the parts where it tried to have story fell flat for me and Raid 2 had waaaaaaaaay more of it and it fell just as flat and now just seemed to endlessly hold up the parts I wanted the movie to get to, to a degree that when it got there I didn't even enjoy it as much because I was now in a bad mood.

I should give it another chance one day though.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Had a dream that i was reading this thread when someone posted that keith olbermann had killed himself and i was like really all the signs were there
I could also believe that dream. It's a shame that he's so unhappy but I will always have a fondness for him for being part of the Golden Age of ESPN's Sportscenter with Dan, Rich and Stuart.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Tenzarin posted:

Anyone see the mummy yet?

Hell no, going to see It Comes At Night before I even think about seeing Mummy.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
That comes out tonight, hrm might have to go.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Everyone I've talked to who's seen Mummy says it's a huge pile of poo poo.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

LesterGroans posted:

I love that there's a whole deleted scene in The Raid 2 that's an action sequence most other movies would kill to use as a centrepiece

i'd guess that the reason this scene is deleted is because it's completely irrational. first, nobody survives the fight, so there are no survivors to contribute to the plot; thus, there's no need for the scene in the movie. second, it's illogical for the cop to kill the kid unless he knew him before. how does the cop even know the kid was involved in the gang fight and wasn't just an innocent bystander? after all, he wasn't carrying a weapon.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Jenny Angel posted:

i'd guess that the reason this scene is deleted is because it's completely irrational. first, nobody survives the fight, so there are no survivors to contribute to the plot; thus, there's no need for the scene in the movie. second, it's illogical for the cop to kill the kid unless he knew him before. how does the cop even know the kid was involved in the gang fight and wasn't just an innocent bystander? after all, he wasn't carrying a weapon.

No, Jenny! The abyss! Quit staring!

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

DeimosRising posted:

No, Jenny! The abyss! Quit staring!

The three best types of Youtube comments are:

1) People commenting on action setpieces to do logic pedant analysis
2) People commenting on Soul Train footage to gett really self-righteous about the state of contemporary dancing
3) People commenting on any movie trailer to point out that two or more actors in it have been in recent-ish blockbusters, e.g. commenting on a Schindler's List trailer to do a version of the Taken monologue where you're talking to Voldemort

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
The Raid is a tight and well executed movie using a straightforward premise to set up a self-contained "action story".

The Raid 2 uses more of an organized crime story as a framework to set uo the action.

It's hard for me to say one is better than the other, but I probably prefer 2.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Jenny Angel posted:

2) People commenting on Soul Train footage to gett really self-righteous about the state of contemporary dancing
3) People commenting on any movie trailer to point out that two or more actors in it have been in recent-ish blockbusters, e.g. commenting on a Schindler's List trailer to do a version of the Taken monologue where you're talking to Voldemort

4) People commenting on video essays and being intensely horny for the narrator

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Jenny Angel posted:

5) Explanation of how the video proves Flat Earth when its a video about like, how to remove the heat sink from your computer

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
Here's some screenshots of the short, quasi-documentary/diary film I'm working on. I still need to get the permission of everyone featured in it, but if anyone wantsta see a rough cut of it/give constructive criticism, hit me up.

All right, now time for The Resurrection of Gavin Stone

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Let me know how Shawn Michaels is in that.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

I Before E posted:

4) People commenting on video essays and being intensely horny for the narrator
this is me

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Jenny Angel posted:

Jenny come to Brazil

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Just heard some geese flying over. Guess it's officially summer.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
drat, can't believe those geese tried to mug you.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Biodome posted:

drat, can't believe those geese tried to mug you.

They would, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q81ptFSA4mk

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:

Detective No. 27 posted:

Let me know how Shawn Michaels is in that.

He's about as good as everyone else... which is actually pretty good.

It's definitely my favorite indie Christian film since Little Boy. I mean... it's basically a 'clean' version of Scrubs, but it's also right up your alley if you've been waiting for one of these flicks to explore the concept of vanity and the inherent contradiction in us mere mortals attempting to portray this moral perfection without vanity. It's an indie Christian production about an indie Christian production, and that's about as nuanced a take on the genre I've seen since, say, The Identical.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Hat Thoughts posted:

Jenny come to Brazil

Jenny don't go to Brazil

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Braaaaziiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiil
where hears were entertained in June
We kissed beneath and amber moon
and softly murmured "Someday soon"

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Jenny don't go to Brazil

( http://nymag.com/selectall/2016/01/how-come-to-brazil-came-to-the-internet.html )

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxWvtMOGAhw

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
I hope Brazil aged well. It was my favourite movie for a long time but I haven't seen it in ages.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
It's time to watch DREDD and eat some mint chocolate chip ice cream motherfuckers

Also at some point I need to watch blade runner, because the sequel is coming out soon and R Gos is looking good

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
I hope you meant rewatch Blade Runner otherwise what are you doing with your life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Like tears in the rain.

• Locked thread