Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

Nuebot posted:

I'm probably going to give up after getting 4* marth. Because holy poo poo this is repetetive and not at all fun or interesting anymore. The main stages are just blitzed through depending on whether or not the game gives me poo poo maps filled with ranged units that can just hang back and tank everything thrown at them. Then the last one is basically just a diceroll whether or not you get some kind of insane perfect gently caress you roll of distant counter hector with 70+HP, distant counter and vantage or other bullshit that just lets them steamroll virtually anything. The number of times the last stage has thrown a nearly unbeatable hector/olwen combo at me has been frustrating. Then by the time I killed them I realized there was still a jeorge up top with the boss.

It's also just kind of bullshit that the enemies revive with only a tiny percentage of their HP taken off when you have to retry with a second team.

Yeah, I really want the seals, but it's not fun even with my fully loaded team of Julia and Reinhardt both with +ATK natures capable of OHKO most of the enemies. The grind is just boring. I have a second team with Ryoma and Sanaki just for Veronica.

And this can't be said enough: 70+ hp Hector with 40 defense is total bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
my current strategy is i'm pretty close to loving off from tempest because the wrong enemy comp in the final stage makes it completely unwinnable

usually this involves the high king of horseshit, juiced hector with 99 res, def, and attack

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Looks like the 4* Reinhardt I've been using (for lack of feathers) is -Def +Res :confuoot:

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010
4* Reinhardt is extremely mediocre. The IV's that you have aren't bad, but Dire Thunder doesn't become available until you promote.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
after another foiled run, please let me complain about jacked leo who is a piece of poo poo unit that survives rally attack atk+ deathblow rein with 1hp

e: and any horse caster in the right-side pocket on a canyon map, the fact that they can defensively outrange any unit because the starting terrain is bad is simply unacceptable

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Jun 10, 2017

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

The White Dragon posted:

after another foiled run, please let me complain about jacked leo who is a piece of poo poo unit that survives atk+ deathblow rein with 1hp

By all means

Because Leo is one of the few units I outright fear on that floor because some-loving-how he'll grind anyone on my team into paste unless my Reinhardt can get to him first. And he usually can't.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
What do people run on their Eirika in a Tharja/Nino team? I'm guessing triangle adept or fury for A and probably swordbreaker for B?

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
I am glad that Julia continues to be the girl in this event. She can bait and ORKO 3 of the 4 cav mages on turn 1 (she can beat Leo but it takes a little longer) before doubling back and baiting/counter killing Veronica with G Tomebreaker. All the while taking basically no damage.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
basically i hate the final map, i'm only playing on lunatic 1 and everything's stats are so grossly inflated that gunter counter-kills a full-health lucina and that's just stupid

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

The White Dragon posted:

after another foiled run, please let me complain about jacked leo who is a piece of poo poo unit that survives rally attack atk+ deathblow rein with 1hp

e: and any horse caster in the right-side pocket on a canyon map, the fact that they can defensively outrange any unit because the starting terrain is bad is simply unacceptable

My second team has a Mae who is great against Leo, but yeah, the jacked up stats are bullshit.

The game mode wouldn't be so bad if we had flags or something to multiply our score.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

UHD posted:

If I can get Tharja to the last stage at full health she can destroy Veronica, but so far I haven't had much success at it because I'm both lazy and bad at this game.

Most of the time Olivia kills her.

Also I only do the easier Lunatic because again, lazy and bad.
If you have the SP, desperation on Tharja solves the Veronica problem.

Rascyc posted:

What do people run on their Eirika in a Tharja/Nino team? I'm guessing triangle adept or fury for A and probably swordbreaker for B?
Rally Defense - with the Res seal, she can buff all of their stats
Moonbow - she doesn'tsee a lot of action, so the quickest charge is best for me
Distant Counter - expensive and rare, yes, but I use her more than Hector and now she just deletes Cecilia and Julia on the enemy phase.
Swordbreaker - this can even take down a 40+10 Lucina

Tri Adept and Fury are fine.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

The White Dragon posted:

basically i hate the final map, i'm only playing on lunatic 1 and everything's stats are so grossly inflated that gunter counter-kills a full-health lucina and that's just stupid

I'm playing the highest difficulty and Lucina crushes gunter no problem

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

cheetah7071 posted:

I'm playing the highest difficulty and Lucina crushes gunter no problem

tell that to my last run where i was like "brah it's gunter, lucina is at full health i can tank him" so i moved her for the block on bcordelia and he punched her face in

does panic also apply to fortify's instant buffs because that would explain some things i think

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Holy poo poo, leveling 5* units over level 35 is taking so much stamina I'm likely going to bankrupt my potions before I get a chance to blow them on the tempest trial.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Akett posted:

Holy poo poo, leveling 5* units over level 35 is taking so much stamina I'm likely going to bankrupt my potions before I get a chance to blow them on the tempest trial.

You probably have a giant pile of clusters with no better use

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Roger Explosion posted:

If you have the SP, desperation on Tharja solves the Veronica problem.

I have the SP.

I do not have the unit with Desperation to feed her.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Leveling over 35 is very easy if it's just one unit. I use dancer+dancer+healer+[person to level]. Feed all the kills to one, occasionally clean up with a dancer if color disadvantaged.

Leveling a full team, especially your very first team, to 40 really sucked rear end from what I remember though.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

You probably have a giant pile of clusters with no better use

I used up that pile on my Eirika I 5*ed back when she was a 4* because I'm a loving idiot. Even if I used it better it would have only gotten her to level 32, and I have two other 5* units I'm raising up.

Akett fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Jun 10, 2017

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
It's been months, but I'd like to sing the praises of Felicia. There's been a number of crazy buffed mages that the game has thrown in GHB and special maps. She's terrible to have in a normal lineup, but she's an incredibly solid investment for when the game throws bullshit mages at you. She's the best niche unit in the game, because she actually has a relevant niche.

Against Cecilia you'll need a different answer, but against everyone else, just send her to the bottom right, destroy the wall, and watch all the horsies suicide into her.

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.
Damnit all it is really annoying to constantly keep losing my bonus character right at the loving end and getting screwed. I swear to Christ that drat Veronica will hunt my nowi across the board and ignore every other unit until she kills her. Also, it sucks that the only 40% bonus unit I've got is nowi and she's only 4 stars. I think it might be time to put a healing ability on her to make her less useless, so thank you thread for the suggestion.

Also I'm hella torn on who to promote. I just pulled my 3rd Eirika, but this one was finally 5 stars so I'm thinking I can finally promote +atk Nino, but I also have this +Atk lilina sitting here who would hit like a brick at 5 stars. Between Hector Minerva and b Camilla I just have so many dang green dudes that I never bumped Nino up. It sounds like she's worth it though huh?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
It's fine if the bonus unit dies, you just have to have ever deployed them

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I guess it's too late now, but I'm starting to get cold feet about this whole horse emblem thing. It's just that, Cecilia really kinda sucks and I have realized that even when I get her to level 40 she won't have nearly enough SP for her to learn all the abilities she needs to be good.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

4 star Nino is perfectly capable of destroying very NEARLY anything in my experience, even without good IVs. (I say nearly only because this new Tempest thing is real lovely.)

I think next Tempest I'll be ready for it, but this one kinda blindsided me and exposed a lot of weaknesses in my lineup. I have units that will do the job as long as I spend the next couple weeks grinding them up. I'm sitting on a rather large feather stockpile and I'm finally starting to see who I need to spend them on.

I really do play this game every day but usually only for a short time, (in the car or on break at work) so Tempest may honestly just not be something meant for players like me.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
I just got to exactly 10k points and I don't want to keep doing this anymore ugh.

UHD posted:

By all means

Because Leo is one of the few units I outright fear on that floor because some-loving-how he'll grind anyone on my team into paste unless my Reinhardt can get to him first. And he usually can't.

A Goad+Fortify'd Xander can QR him to death. In fact, Xander can take care of the majority of threats in the final boss, dude's awesome. He can even ORKO Veronica with Fortify + Goad, or just QR her to death.

Unless there's blues. He's hosed there.

As an aside, I've had to abort a couple runs because it turns out Nowi can survive Reinhardt even with +Atk and DB3 and then she counters and he dies and I never see it coming because gently caress this the grind is laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame.

The White Dragon posted:

does panic also apply to fortify's instant buffs because that would explain some things i think

As a matter of fact Panic only flips fortifies or equivalent effects.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Jun 10, 2017

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

If you are playing Lunatic5 in the tempest trials, I'd advise you to switch to L7. The challenge of the event is backloaded, and the last two maps are basically the same from my couple of L5 runs.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i do lunatic 5 because i'm not investing two extra maps' worth of time to get denied on the final map yet again

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

The White Dragon posted:

i do lunatic 5 because i'm not investing two extra maps' worth of time to get denied on the final map yet again

you get more points failing on the highest difficulty than succeeding at the one below it

It's hosed up but true, apparently

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I get about 200 points for failing at Veronica on the 2nd highest difficulty.

I get 300 for the same at the hardest.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I thought people were joking about Masked Marth coming with no skills, wow. Truly a fan reward more than anything. Glad I'm not grinding this event! I just want the orbs tbqh

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010
I don't know what's worse, trying to kill Veronica with a battered A team or trying to kill Veronica after a couple wipes where enemies' HP is low enough for WoM units to go flying everywhere turn 1.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Rascyc posted:

I thought people were joking about Masked Marth coming with no skills, wow. Truly a fan reward more than anything. Glad I'm not grinding this event! I just want the orbs tbqh

Eh, regular Lucina replaces her A skill, needs a B skill, has a so-so C skill, and needs a support skill. The only thing you're missing out on is Luna which isn't that hard to get or can be replaced by Draconic Aura.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
Should get the 5* Masked Lucina tomorrow morning. The grind is terrible, but Xander, Cecilia and Reinhardt continue to carry me to 705 points most runs. I doubt I'd have the patience to keep doing this if I didn't have this team sleepwalking me through it all.

It's kind of rear end backwards how casual mobile games tend to have soul-crushing grinds for their events, the likes of which would make any Korean MMO blush.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
My team of Merric/Lucina/Olivia/Azama is killing everything every map until the last before swapping in whatever team comp to direct counter Veronica.

Also gently caress the map with the bush in the middle and the tiny route on the left, tank my speed score all the time.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I will never not forget to check if enemies have threaten def

oliveoil
Apr 22, 2016
Why do people think Sharena is great again? Seems like she's just a balanced melee blue with a 16mt weapon. You could put silver Lance+ on anyone else and you'd only be one point short.

I've heard that she can buff three different stats with her rally, fortify, and a seal, but anyone can inherit those skills and do that.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
they're like four lance cavalries and she comes free with good stats and great skills.

also she's cute

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

oliveoil posted:

Why do people think Sharena is great again? Seems like she's just a balanced melee blue with a 16mt weapon. You could put silver Lance+ on anyone else and you'd only be one point short.

I've heard that she can buff three different stats with her rally, fortify, and a seal, but anyone can inherit those skills and do that.

Sharena was quite good before skill inheritance, and is still a step above the gutter heap. Most of the praise I see for her these days mostly amounts to her being a solid feather investment because of arena and being better than the other two starters

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
She's also really cheap on the SP to build. Like yeah you say you can inherit all of her kit onto someone else but man it's a lot of work.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Rascyc posted:

She's also really cheap on the SP to build. Like yeah you say you can inherit all of her kit onto someone else but man it's a lot of work.

And her lance is a free threaten defense, which is a nice bonus to go along with the good base kit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I *think* I have a +atk Reinhardt - he has 36 attack before Deathblow 1 is taken into consideration.

Stats are366 attack (+2 for DB1), Spd 21, Def 27, Res 25

I wish this were easier to figure out