Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
In this series Lebron was
This poll is closed.
the 2nd best player on the court 11 22.92%
the 3rd best player on the court 8 16.67%
a selfish stat padding team killer 11 22.92%
a choke artist, master of his craft 18 37.50%
Total: 33 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I'm still confused on what happened on the possession where the shot clock expired and the Cavs player pushed off and still ended up with possession

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

looks like we just found out who killed jr

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Metapod posted:

Y'all this game owns

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Metapod posted:

Y'all this game owns

its gone from me being mildly cranky to laughing like a madman

the NBA IS REAL GOOD YOU GUYS

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

Harlock posted:

I'm still confused on what happened on the possession where the shot clock expired and the Cavs player pushed off and still ended up with possession

they called the foul on livingston for grabbing TT's jersey

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

hellzno posted:

Not even a GSW fan so :smugdon:

Cool. . .?

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

triple sulk posted:

LOL

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Harlock posted:

the shot clock violation was actually called on kerr

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Refs make a terrible retroactive call that JVG, Mark Jackson, and Doris Burke take pains to point out what a terrible call it was

Well yeah man if you want to make that one thing your silver bullet then sure

hellzno
Jan 15, 2008

Primo

WhyteRyce posted:

Yes because the officials knew that if they kept Draymond in the game he'd continue to suck. drat I see it now sorry man for doubting you

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Im confused by the Livingston Draymond foul thing. Livingston definitely committed a foul before Draymond. Then Draymond did... whatever the hell that was. How do fouls work if they're from contact after the whistle is blown?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

hellzno posted:

Draymond is your silver bullet for how the refs aren't favoring the Cavs - a player who hasn't had any impact so far. Yet you're ignoring the entire first half. Cool.

I thought Draymond was really important for passing and defense but I guess no impact, thanks for setting the record straight.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

refs saved this series imo

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

triple sulk posted:

it's a good reference

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

though it took some time we finally have a proper derby

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves

Harlock posted:

They called a foul on Livingston as the ball was in the air but before the clock expired, so they got the ball side out with 14(/) seconds put back on.

Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Fun Shoe

hellzno posted:

Not even a GSW fan so :smugdon:

No but you see i was the puppet master all along. Ahhhhhhugjjjjjhjjj

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
what the gently caress is this mountain dew commercial :stare:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Green could shoot someone and the refs wouldn't call it.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

BABIES ARE NOT AWESOME

hellzno
Jan 15, 2008

Primo

WhyteRyce posted:

Refs make a terrible retroactive call that JVG, Mark Jackson, and Doris Burke take pains to point out what a terrible call it was

Well yeah man if you want to make that one thing your silver bullet then sure

So what's the first half? Water under the bridge? Cavs were up 18 points by that point as a result of GSW not being able to get in rhythm + absurd shot making. Cool.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

triple sulk posted:

You can't just drop Twitter gold on the floor like that.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

triple sulk posted:

Turns out Game 4 was a dream all along.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

attackmole posted:

Im confused by the Livingston Draymond foul thing. Livingston definitely committed a foul before Draymond. Then Draymond did... whatever the hell that was. How do fouls work if they're from contact after the whistle is blown?

theyre usually technicals but in this case the Draymond Green Exception applies

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Codependent Poster posted:

Green could shoot someone and the refs wouldn't call it.

he hasnt hit a shot all night do you think he could start now???

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Eltoasto posted:

I thought Draymond was really important for passing and defense but I guess no impact, thanks for setting the record straight.

The point of basketball is to put the basketball in the hoop. He has not put the basketball in the hoop therefore he has no impact on the game. If only...Zaza were in, oh wait, if only...McCaw were playing more????

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

GobiasIndustries posted:

Still hate it

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

attackmole posted:

if there's a personal foul called on a possession, no more personal fouls can be called. that's why you're encouraged to wrap up someone going for an and-1

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Mr. F! posted:

Cool. . .?

hes one of a few raptors fan who melted down like this for an entire series last year in an empty gdt in a series they had 0 chance of winning he might be the rare Worse Than A Warriors Fan poster

hellzno
Jan 15, 2008

Primo

Eltoasto posted:

U watching the game right now or...?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

attackmole posted:

They can be called as techs, or still as flagrant fouls.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
just in case anyone forgot with all this madness, lebron pulled an all-star game exhibition dunk in a win or go home game in the nba finals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-QLqzcawwc

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

GobiasIndustries posted:

That was a super bowl ad. I think last year?

Ugly Tony
May 6, 2005

It's not even Tuesday, dog
i have no answers either

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

attackmole posted:

It doesn't matter, unless it's a tech because it's excessive.

What the hell guys this isn't hard to understand. If he didn't try to shoot it's not a shot.

hellzno
Jan 15, 2008

Primo

WhyteRyce posted:

The point of basketball is to put the basketball in the hoop. He has not put the basketball in the hoop therefore he has no impact on the game. If only...Zaza were in, oh wait, if only...McCaw were playing more????

You're a bad poster bro

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

that was a foul on iggy on lebron's shot there

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

attackmole posted:

Draymond also fouled Kyrie pretty hard on a drive in the first quarter after a foul had already been called earlier on the play. He's found a loophole in the rules

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Noctone posted:

just in case anyone forgot with all this madness, lebron pulled an all-star game exhibition dunk in a win or go home game in the nba finals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-QLqzcawwc

he alley ooped it to himself in the nba finals lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

NickRoweFillea posted:

Bashez is so good, this forum should just be Bashez talking about the spurs and Tae misspelling names

• Locked thread