Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I don't mind Bala at all, the lady he beat was so annoying though, people who take forever to choose categories should never be allowed on the show :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Number Ten Cocks posted:

Bala the charisma void needed to go. Lots of people lately who I'm amazed made it through auditions.

Yeah, he was pretty bad. Dude looked super uncomfortable. Nerves, likely.

Final tonight took me a bit, but I worked it out in time going from Mars to Ares to Antares.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Bala seemed so depressed! He was all but audibly sighing after getting an answer wrong.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

GhostStalker posted:

Yeah, he was pretty bad. Dude looked super uncomfortable. Nerves, likely.

Final tonight took me a bit, but I worked it out in time going from Mars to Ares to Antares.

I spent the whole 30 seconds trying to remember which specific god was the rival of Ares :/

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

haveblue posted:

I spent the whole 30 seconds trying to remember which specific god was the rival of Ares :/

I remembered the end of Bridge of Birds, so I knew Antares was the brightest star in Scorpius independent of the Ares clue.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

So according to last year's Teachers Tournament winner on Facebook, the calls for the next ToC just went out and they tape in September. Probably means a November air date, for Sweeps.

EDIT: Confirmed by another ToC eligible player I'm friends with on FB.

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Jun 14, 2017

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Tucker is an embarrassingly weak champion

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Soothing Vapors posted:

Tucker is an embarrassingly weak champion

At least he knew the 2nd and 4th biggest islands in the med weren't between loving Italy and Greece.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
I can't believe no one got Nostradamus for that FJ. It was pre-rennaissance, there weren't that many good options!

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

HookShot posted:

At least he knew the 2nd and 4th biggest islands in the med weren't between loving Italy and Greece.

Yeah, that was such a cake Final, but he misread the clue.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

PT6A posted:

I can't believe no one got Nostradamus for that FJ. It was pre-rennaissance, there weren't that many good options!

If you focus on the "doctor" part a guy known for writing prophecies doesn't quickly spring to mind.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

haveblue posted:

If you focus on the "doctor" part a guy known for writing prophecies doesn't quickly spring to mind.

That was what threw me off as well. I guessed Pasteur too, but I knew it couldn't be right.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
True, but pre-Renaissance, "doctor" was a pretty nebulous thing, so I ignored my preconceptions of that part. I think the most important thing to focus on was the date, followed by "predict."

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Becca reminds me of a less annoying Amy Farrah Fowler.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
I hate timid FJ wagers from first place so much. I would hate to lose after getting the question right.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Holy gently caress was that dudes feminist nerd cave story cringy as hell.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
All Jeopardy contestant stories are cringy as hell. What are you thinking?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

banned from Starbucks posted:

Holy gently caress was that dudes feminist nerd cave story cringy as hell.

Not nearly as cringy as the guy from a few months ago who proudly talked about founding a "chivalry club" at his university.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Bob from Czechoslovakia had cool stories

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
Huh. Never thought my hometown would be in a clue. Riverside

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Yeah, Riverside sure does suck, all right.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

zakharov posted:

I hate timid FJ wagers from first place so much. I would hate to lose after getting the question right.

my favorite thing is people loving up/being wimps on their wagers and losing games they would've won.

biracial bear for uncut posted:

All Jeopardy contestant stories are cringy as hell. What are you thinking?

i dunno why they've kept them around. once tivo became a thing my dad and i would just watch episodes recorded and skip the stories every time.

cringiest thing related to a contestant story:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WQk7YGpFZ4

guy in the freeze frame there is the worst lmao

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Jun 17, 2017

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Yeah, I don't think I've ever watched a contestant interview, ever, and I'm all the happier for it.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot
New champ's creepy stare into the camera on every answer is awful.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Shameful pop culture ignorance on Friday, smh

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Groovelord Neato posted:

my favorite thing is people loving up/being wimps on their wagers and losing games they would've won.
god nothing makes me angrier

Soothing Vapors fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Jun 19, 2017

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Soothing Vapors posted:

Just one thing: when people who bid last on the Price is Right don't bid either 1 or another bid plus one. May they suffer terribly...

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
my favorite is when people on The Price Is Right bid $1 under the previous bid

A Tasteful Nude
Jun 3, 2013

A cool anime hagrid pic (imagine nude pls)
Of course contestant "proud college republican" Jeremy let us all know he went to HARVARD within two seconds of opening of mouth. Like, of course he did.

I was rooting against that guy hard.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
Either way, a very poor showing by everyone.

I mean, I like aggressive wagering as much as the next goon, but it helps to actually know the category first.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Soothing Vapors posted:

my dad and i would yell at the screen like we were watching a football game. it owned lol

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Lol I don't know if I've hated every contestant on an episode before but here we go

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

A Tasteful Nude posted:

Of course contestant "proud college republican" Jeremy let us all know he went to HARVARD within two seconds of opening of mouth. Like, of course he did.

I was rooting against that guy hard.

It was p great when, on the very last question, sitting on a 7200-3600 lead, when the guy sitting at 3600 had already buzzed in, he buzzed in and got it wrong, opening himself up to lose in FJ.

DrankSinatra
Aug 25, 2011
That Anthony Hopkins story. :stare:

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

I believe exactly 0% of that anthony hopkins story

Groovelord Neato posted:

my dad and i would yell at the screen like we were watching a football game. it owned lol

haha, a good dad

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

what was the anthony hopkins story?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Contestant said she kissed Anthony Hopkins. She sent him a gift during a play(?). She went backstage to see him. He pecked her on the lips.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
I saw the pile of unread posts and spent tonight's episode guessing what horrible thing they were in reaction to. Little did I suspect that the entire episode would be nearly unwatchable!

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Yeah that was up there on the list of Bad Jeopardy Episodes but at least the Harvard College Republican lost. I didn't even need to watch the interviews to know that was going to be the case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Goddamnit no Jeopardy for me today because a furniture store burnt down. Thanks, local news.