Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Nintendo, please fund Advance Wars: Love Blooms on the Battlefield.

But only if it is still sprites rather than 3d models.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Is Shovel Knight a good game?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Yep

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

is it hard?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

what the gently caress

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Wandle Cax posted:

is it hard?

Eh

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

It's so good it's kind of crazy. Play Shovel Knight.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
shovel knight is as good as your nostalgic memories for all your favorite nes games, except you're playing it as an adult and it really is that good

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Wandle Cax posted:

is it hard?

Yes.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Oh I was looking for something to play on my Switch while I wait for Zelda and ARMS to come in. I thought that was just 10 bucks but it turns out that's just something called Specter of Torment and the whole thing is 25?

At that price I'm looking more in Puyo Puyo and Thumper's direction

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
if you wanted affordable games you shouldnt have bought a switch

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Specter of Torment is a good 10 bux standalone get tbh.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Why is Tekken's music so good? Even with the loss of the Tekken Tag 2 character select theme.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

It's one of the best games ever made.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://twitter.com/Fern_hw/status/873227654509604864

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Help Im Alive posted:

You can ride everything in breath of the wild

I freaked out the stable guy by trying to register the Lord of the Mountain and it was pretty funny.

Now if only you could drift with the boars...

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Shovel Knight is, not to dogpile, seriously one of the best platformers ever made and then has two expansion campaigns that are of a similar or even superior quality to the main campaign.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I'm the one who wants zombo Isabelle Nintendo Switch. It's me.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

corn in the bible posted:

ah yes, this very new fire emblem thing of dating and marriage between characters. its definitely a new thing, very new, not something in the series since the super nintendo days. i cant believe anime has ruined fire emblem

Yes, because in no way does advance wars share similarities or developers with fire emblem, and so they would never consider messing with the formula of advance wars based on the success of fire emblem.

Also was marriage even a thing in fire emblem in the states until awakening because I'm pretty sure there was a long period of time where you didn't even have the marriage/children/dating sim element unless you're really gonna count the supports.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

Also was marriage even a thing in fire emblem in the states until awakening because I'm pretty sure there was a long period of time where you didn't even have the marriage/children/dating sim element unless you're really gonna count the supports.

No. It's only Genealogy of Holy war and the 3DS games that have it as an actual mechanic. Genealogy wasn't released outside Japan.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
nah while it has been a thing since 4 (so as long as the games have been in the states), shipping mechanics have absolutely become much more prominent in the last two games

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
I hope you enjoy this small tiling Metroid I made. Peace

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

how do you make an animated gif your desktop background

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Tiling poo poo is pretty fun. Here are a couple horizontal-looping ones I made a few years back.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

The White Dragon posted:

how do you make an animated gif your desktop background

right click > set as desktop background

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

This makes me wish screensavers were still a thing.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Lawrence of Arabia's art here is buggin me and I'm not entirely certain why

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Lawrence of Arabia needs to work on his posture. Dude's leaning like Michael Jackson.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

FirstAidKite posted:

Lawrence of Arabia's art here is buggin me and I'm not entirely certain why

He looks like he sounds like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JyoDFmrUSM

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What was the name of that fun-looking French Revolution RPG that got stickied on is very forum a while ago?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

eu4

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

I am so confused, is this Animal Crossing Switch fan made?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

What was the name of that fun-looking French Revolution RPG that got stickied on is very forum a while ago?

Thermidor

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

whoa wait my man wisp is in new leaf now

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

They put him in the amiibo patch

You scan amiibo and he turns into them/gives you furniture

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Was sad to learn when i came in to work this morning that I'm working a night shift tomorrow so I'm gonna miss watching e3 kick off :(

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Zaggitz posted:

Was sad to learn when i came in to work this morning that I'm working a night shift tomorrow so I'm gonna miss watching e3 kick off :(

Why's that? I thought E3 started on the 13th, and if you're working a night shift tomorrow then that'd be the 11th and you'd have the whole of the 12th before E3 starts, yeah?

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

FirstAidKite posted:

Why's that? I thought E3 started on the 13th, and if you're working a night shift tomorrow then that'd be the 11th and you'd have the whole of the 12th before E3 starts, yeah?

The first keynote (EA) is today.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

the keynotes are saturday sunday and monday morning. I'm missing almost all of them of them. I finish work at 3 so if im lucky I'll catch the back half of EA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Oh. I figured they'd all take place during e3's 13th-15th date. Ok then, thanks :)

I'm sorry you're gonna miss out though. At least you'll be able to catch it later, yeah?

• Locked thread